Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,520 members, 7,861,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:27 PM

Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter (38043 Views)

Benue Woman Marries 18 Husbands In 6 Years Over Stolen Red Powder / Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) / Re: Married Enugu Pastor Marries Another Man's Wife & Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by Opharhe: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2016
Elijahrona2:

English is a confusing language. If the alphabets "H&U" are pronounced deeply, the opposite of what to be used would be used.

Eg:
An hospital
A university
The correct way is " A hospital" and "A University". The normal convention is article 'a' comes before a consonant sound ( not letters, since letters can confuse) while article 'an' comes before a vowel.
Examples: A Horse, A House, A Hall etc. "H" here gives a distinct consonant sound. 'A' is also used before University or any other word starting with letter 'u' because 'u' is actually pronounced 'j' especially when it starts a word. Examples like A Unit, A Union, A Unique person(like you wink grin) etc all buttress this point.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by Weah96: 1:23am On Aug 30, 2016
Pylony:
Like seriously? What do you call a situation where by the same pastor preach's against Polygamy and is the one in fore front tasting one church member or the other?
A Hypocrate i guess

He's an atheist. Like anyone who commits any sin.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:33am On Aug 30, 2016
Weah96:

He's an atheist. Like anyone who commits any sin.

He is simply pharisaical .
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by kabrud: 1:37am On Aug 30, 2016
chimaobinelson:

wen was d last time u witness islamic cleric crime seen
Can't remember actually.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by Weah96: 2:00am On Aug 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He is simply pharisaical .

What does that mean? He has confirmed the existence of Yahweh, and yet decides to p8ss in his face anyway, even though the punishment is eternal roasting. There are two possibilities. One, he is an atheist pretending to be a Christian, for good reasons too. Two, he is so gangter and thuggish that even guarantee roasting is not a deterrence for him.

Were the pharisees atheists?

Listen, this thing is not rocket science. A human cannot confirm that an all powerful being exists, and still disobey the being knowing that the punishment is 2 deaths, the second by roasting. No human likes to roast.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by kabrud: 2:02am On Aug 30, 2016
socrates007:
Most people calling themself men of god are chalatans.They are feeding fat on the stupidity of their congregations .Take a look at any church or mosque u will see that the pastor or imam is fat and healthy will the followers are thing and weak due to penury.
Pls leave the Imams out of this. Being an Imam is not even a career unlike pastors who are paid monthly for being pastors. Infact, the first day I heard that pastors are employed even on grade levels, I was quite surprised. Being an Imam is not an occupation in Islam. All Imams have occupations. Besides, any knowledgeable muslim can lead a congregation during Salat regardless of his financial status. U may comfirm this wherever u are.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by kabrud: 2:12am On Aug 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Christians are followers of Jesus Christ. Abraham was around over a thousand years before Jesus.

You guys are funny. You guys thought Isaac, Jacob, Joseph were Christians.
Is Moses a Christian? If yes, what is the difference between him and Isaac, etc? If no, what is his connection with ur present day 10 Commandments?
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:24am On Aug 30, 2016
kabrud:

Is Moses a Christian? If yes, what is the difference between him and Isaac, etc? If no, what is his connection with ur present day 10 Commandments?

Moses is not a Christian. How can he be a Christian when he was born long before Jesus Christ.

A Christian is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

Moses did not hear of Jesus Christ or his teachings. Moses can not believe in what he did not know.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:37am On Aug 30, 2016
kabrud:

[size=14pt]
So why is Moses considered so great a figure in the Old Testament?[/size]

Namely, because he is the instrument through which Israel experiences God’s salvation. The Exodus – the experience of the Jewish people being led from slavery in Egypt to the Promised Land – is the defining moment of the Old Testament.

It is through the Exodus experience that the Jewish people come to know who they are and whose they are. Moses, of course, is God’s point man for the job, going toe-to-toe with Pharaoh and demanding that he let God’s people go.

It is Moses who raises his arms for God to part the waters of the Red Sea so that the Jewish people could cross over from slavery to freedom. It is, Moses, to whom God gives the Ten Commandments to form his people into a nation.

It is no surprise then, that when Jesus comes on the scene centuries later, one of his biggest tasks is to persuade the people that he is greater than Moses.

It is the Gospel of Matthew that highlights this more than any other Gospel, emphasizing that Jesus taught his new commandments of love in his Sermon on the Mount, echoing Moses’ receiving of the Law on Mount Sinai.

For Christians, then, Moses is a crucial figure because Jesus fulfills the Law that Moses brought down from the mountain.

It is no coincidence that, when Jesus’ is transfigured on the mountaintop, Moses and Elijah appear with him. Moses symbolizes the Law and Elijah symbolizes the prophets. The Transfiguration is telling us without a doubt that Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets.

http://bustedhalo.com/questionbox/who-was-moses-and-what-is-his-importance-for-christians
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by kabrud: 2:39am On Aug 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Moses is not a Christian. How can he be a Christian when he was born long before Jesus Christ.

A Christian is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

Moses did not hear of Jesus Christ or his teachings. Moses can not believe in what he did not know.
I think I'm getting ur explanation. As in, the word 'Christian' is a derivative of the word 'Christ'. Okay. But I think it is somewhere in the Bible where Jesus Christ said 'I did not come to condemn the work of Moses, Abraham, Isaac etc, but to fulfil them' or words to that effect. Is this not suggestive that Christ is in support of all the work of those prophets including Abraham and which by implication should by binding on Christians? Also, u did not explain the relationship between Moses and the present day 10 Commandments.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by neocortex: 2:46am On Aug 30, 2016
wrecksfurd:

You must be a fan and member of his church. Good thing you're speaking for your man.. I'm not touching your prophet sir, any reasons for his action?

Inspiration from the holy spirit of course.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by kenturkish(m): 3:56am On Aug 30, 2016
mystical109:
My fellow nairalanders,I have noticed something on nairaland which I think is wrong,it may be right though but I believe someone can help me sort it out....... there is a part of dis post I saw "an hospital" but I think it should be "a hospital" .I knw dis does not relate to d topic
If you are trying to correct someone's Grammar, make sure you spell words correctly.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by dayoungmoney1: 5:36am On Aug 30, 2016
ihatebuhari:
I pity ur miserable life

He said he truth. A lot of pastors are just there to make money and live large. They preach Christ to others but themselves are wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by alobright17(m): 6:26am On Aug 30, 2016
veekid:
Pastors are fake; all of em are scam, all they care about is money and money and claiming Jesus is Lord and skme dunce will be shaking after them
Say some,or even many pastors are fake,do not come and generalize all of them as fake.

This is like saying all Nigerians are scammers or drug peddlers just because our name are always mentioned when it comes to drugs and Scam.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by Rushmore(f): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2016
From money thievery to wife thievery? Is alright.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by socrates007: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2016
kabrud:

Pls leave the Imams out of this. Being an Imam is not even a career unlike pastors who are paid monthly for being pastors. Infact, the first day I heard that pastors are employed even on grade levels, I was quite surprised. Being an Imam is not an occupation in Islam. All Imams have occupations. Besides, any knowledgeable muslim can lead a congregation during Salat regardless of his financial status. U may comfirm this wherever u are.
whether na pastor,iman,alfas most of them na thieves.i know what am talking about.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 30, 2016
Enugu men are genetically polygamous in nature, they even marry their mother in laws. cool
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by Kobicove(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2016
This story is exagerated undecided
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by Dlawking(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]Sign of ENDTIME
Kobicove:
This story is exagerated undecided
Sign of ENDTIME
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by DabuIIIT: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2016
farouk0403:

Madam just because he criticizes Nigerian pastors, that doesn't mean he is a Muslim.

And not all Muslim are terrorist, I am a Muslim but most of my friends are Christan and I love them, my girlfriend is also a Christian.

in every religion there are bad apples

walahi,bad apples like achmed..grin
Go left and dont be like achmed.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by farouk0403(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2016
DabuIIIT:
walahi,bad apples like achmed..grin Go left and dont be like achmed.
pls quit my mention and move on
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
kabrud:

I think I'm getting ur explanation. As in, the word 'Christian' is a derivative of the word 'Christ'. Okay. But I think it is somewhere in the Bible where Jesus Christ said 'I did not come to condemn the work of Moses, Abraham, Isaac etc, but to fulfil them' or words to that effect. Is this not suggestive that Christ is in support of all the work of those prophets including Abraham and which by implication should by binding on Christians? Also, u did not explain the relationship between Moses and the present day 10 Commandments.

Jesus was a fulfillment of the works of Moses. Christians are the followers of Jesus Christ understanding of the works of Moses.

Look at the adulterous woman. Based on the Jews understanding of the Laws of Moses, they wanted to stone the Woman to death.

Jesus, a Man of understanding asked he without sin should cast the first stone. This is similar to the Christian way of life.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by chimaobinelson(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2016
kabrud:
Can't remember actually.
but does it mean, the dont do bad things
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by kabrud: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
chimaobinelson:

but does it mean, the dont do bad things
Actually, they do. But in Economics/Statistics, there are these sub topics under 'Measures of Central Tendencies' called Mode and Mean. These are just measures of prevalence of particular events in a system. A country like US is said to be a rich country not because of the state resources but rather because statistics has shown that reasonable number of Americans are leaving above the poverty line. Note: there are still poor Americans, yet the country is still described as rich. Back to this case, there are still some deviants but when compared to the other, the situation can best be described as 'they don't do bad things'.
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by chimaobinelson(m): 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2016
kabrud:

Actually, they do. But in Economics/Statistics, there are these sub topics under 'Measures of Central Tendencies' called Mode and Mean. These are just measures of prevalence of particular events in a system. A country like US is said to be a rich country not because of the state resources but rather because statistics has shown that reasonable number of Americans are leaving above the poverty line. Note: there are still poor Americans, yet the country is still described as rich. Back to this case, there are still some deviants but when compared to the other, the situation can best be described as 'they don't do bad things'.
grin please dont deceive yourself bro,no one is conducting an experiment here or making a statistical statement, d subject here is bias journalism, crime reporting for public awareness sake,..
Even in same statistics u uphold dearly ,told you that one (a single digit) is very significant and must be reported.
When d time for population/Distribution analysis or Epidemiology comes,we will extrapolate our estimated figure n give whorver cares...
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
Weah96:

What does that mean? He has confirmed the existence of Yahweh, and yet decides to p8ss in his face anyway, even though the punishment is eternal roasting. There are two possibilities. One, he is an atheist pretending to be a Christian, for good reasons too. Two, he is so gangter and thuggish that even guarantee roasting is not a deterrence for him.

Were the pharisees atheists?

Listen, this thing is not rocket science. A human cannot confirm that an all powerful being exists, and still disobey the being knowing that the punishment is 2 deaths, the second by roasting. No human likes to roast.

A pastor being pharisaical means he preaches one thing and does the other - just like the pharisees in the time of Jesus . They were hypocrites and Jesus excoriated them for that .

@ Emboldened text - You are wrong
Re: Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter by Weah96: 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

@ Emboldened text - You are wrong

Humans evade the authorities or cease their illegal activities in the presence of the authorities.

This pastor, you mean, has spoken to an almighty creator, know that he's being watched, and yet disobeys the almighty anyway. Is that what you're telling me? That some humans have an affinity for death by roasting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea / Matthew Ashimolowo Visits Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo’s COZA / "God Will Give My Husband Grace To Know What To Do" - Pastor Omodele Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.