Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard (4192 Views)

PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags / Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway / IDPs Protest Diversion Of Foodstuff- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:14am On Aug 30, 2016
MAIDUGURI—Less than 24 hours after Alhaji Aliko Dangote and a popular world musician, Mr. Paul David Hewson, popularly known as Bono, visited IDP camps in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, hundreds of aggrieved Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, from Bakassi camp, yesterday, stormed the streets in protest, barricading Maiduguri-Biu road in the metropolis.

The IDPs alleged poor feeding and ill-treatment by government and other humanitarian agencies.

The IDPs, who, though were peaceful in their protest, said they were not satisfied with a situation where a family of three or four people would be given same amount of foodstuff as a family of 10 or 15, blaming the State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, for the poor arrangement.

It took the quick intervention of state government officials and North-East Coordinator of NEMA, Alhaji Mohammed Kanar, to douse the tension.

Reacting to the protest, Mohammed Bashir Tarbari, who is the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Kashim Shettima on Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Social Media, said the ongoing IDPs protest in camps was instigated by a group of politicians with deep rooted prejudice against the administration of Governor Kashim Shettima to cause disaffection.

He said: “It has come to the notice of the government that the disgruntled and desperate politicians for self-centredness use some vulnerable people at various internally displaced persons camps to cause conflict between the authorities and the respective communities by instigating them to protest on unfounded allegations, with regards to their feeding system.

“It must be realised that in a situation as this, where hundreds and thousands of internally displaced persons are being catered for, there might be minor mistakes which do not erode the good intentions of the authorities to give the best possible to the affected. Besides, there will always be room for improvement.

“Now that peace is gradually returning to Borno and elsewhere, it behoves on us all as patriotic people to work in harmony for the people and not to aggravate the situation to cause further untold hardship on the people.

“Therefore, the people of Borno, especially those in the internally displaced persons’ camps, should be wary of some unscrupulous politicians or individuals who may wish to use them for their personal agenda or to settle political scores.

“It has become imperative for all to know that the era of impunity is over and it behoves on the law enforcement agencies to bring sanity to the entire system by bringing to book the trouble makers and masterminds of violence, irrespective of their status in the society.

“Borno State government would continue to discharge its responsibility and mandate to all against all odds.”

Bakassi has a population of 152,000 IDPs from Nganzai, Monguno, Gwoza and other local government areas of the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/borno-idps-protest-poor-method-feeding-camps/

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by bosschinalu(m): 12:30am On Aug 30, 2016
THERE WAS A COUNTRY.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by jesse8048(m): 4:56am On Aug 30, 2016
You never chin chom chin finish.

3 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by GossipHeart(m): 7:53am On Aug 30, 2016
Who do we blame ??
It's like blaming my neighbor for not allowing me sleep in his house, meanwhile, i was the one who burned my house.

Their brothers put them in this ugly situation

19 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by kobonaire(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2016
Poor folks - just when you think your life is tough cry
Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by PERFECT2(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2016
I feel for them. Sometimes i ask, what if i was in that camp? Will i be talking about APC, PDP, Dollar rate, Nairaland fp stories etc..?

Some have food but cannot eat...
Some can eat but have no food...
We have food and we can eat....
Glory be to thee o Lord...

6 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by willjoe: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2016
The NORTH is 70% of Nigeria's problem.

16 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by NameCheckers: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Eya kpele
Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by CIGARETTE: 8:08am On Aug 30, 2016
It puts me in a trance, solving the divergent puzzle of what we can do to reduce if not alleviate the stomach brouhaha up north...

CIGARETTE™
Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by Renewed16(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2016
northern folks Nd asking 4 help r like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2016
GossipHeart:
Who do we blame ??
It's like blaming my neighbor for not allowing me sleep in his house, meanwhile, i was the one who burned my house.

Their brothers put them in this ugly situation
best analogy

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by gokay11(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2016
They should blame their leaders who support terrorism

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by Nicur: 8:37am On Aug 30, 2016
I just wonder how people accept things like living as a refugee in my own state!! I rather die than live as a refugee in my own village, state or country!! I swear down!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by Mariojane(f): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2016
They should go back to their houses. There is no money to sponsor boko haram again. Nd the individual persons donating items to them are under Buhari probing for now.

Make una go to una house go tell your brothers to stop destroying your lives.

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by uzo200(m): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2016
Not trying to sound incessitive, but this are part of the reasons why Nigeria is not moving forward... its like robbing peter to pay Paul... collect our money tax payer and pay those in IDP Camps... May God help us all and salvage their plights.

4 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by chumaster(m): 8:45am On Aug 30, 2016
The IDPs, who, though were peaceful in their protest, said they were not satisfied with a situation where a family of three or four people would be given same amount of foodstuff as a family of 10 or 15,
Can somebody please tell them to shut up! sad

Why not marry 10 wives and born 200 children sad

down south, couples plan on having the exact number of children that they can do all their best for.

I read a news the other time that over 200 births are recorded on one camp like that weekly......really? Is that supposed to be their priority now

God why them and me sad

4 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by lordkhalifa(m): 8:46am On Aug 30, 2016
family of 15 wow... in this hardship people still boast of human waste North should embrace birth control offered to them my Jonathan... who are they expecting to take care of their polygamous families abeg chase them away to the Street

4 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 30, 2016
Evacuate the camps... we are gradually making a comfort zone out of these camps.. very soon hooligan cartels would begin to grow there and we would have another boko-haram in our hands..

Best advice.... give everyone a small amout of money and let them go and hustle.. there are people worse off in other regions or states, but they survive

The next thing thought is how the politicians would use them for election violence because they are jobless and vulnerable.

To be truthful, no hard feelings, but they are just a congregation of beggars being fed free of charge.

We should rather create a shelter home. If you can put up with the food govt serve, you eat and head out to hustle.. not sleep day in day out in there like its your home.

I have seen and dealth with people worse off... take for instance the dapper windscreen cleaner or olajumoke the bread girl... lets call a spade a spade...

Their are lucrative jobs to be done...
Carwash..
Shoe making.
Nail cleaning.
Traders.
Higher purchase bike riding.
Security men.
Mama put.
Laundry washers and pressers...etc..
Drivers
Helpers.. etc.. just get busy

5 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by leksbore(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2016
this present administration need to do something ,,,d past administration did a good job in maintaining d IDP camp!!!!! buhari biko
Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by bigiyaro(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2016
Una neva see anything, next time wen a demented Islamist wants to use una head, una go tink twice, meanwhile make una the reap wetin una sow in full measure. I hope d South South sponsors of NDA n other militants r taking note, cos wen the time is ripe, all of una go do d harvesting in full measure.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by Itulah(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2016

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by wheesin(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2016
Ordinary Nigerians have no food, talk more of IDPs.
once again sai barber. Low cut economy for life

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by shammah1(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2016
Even Buhari himself doesn't look healthy so how do you expect him to feed poor Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by youngeagle(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2016
BTW I thought the Boko haram menace is over...why are they still camping

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by policy12: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2016
Hmmm na wa.

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by vislabraye(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2016
chumaster:

Can somebody please tell them to shut up! sad

Why not marry 10 wives and born 200 children sad

down south, couples plan on having the exact number of children that they can do all their best for.

I read a news the other time that over 200 births are recorded on one camp like that weekly......really? Is that supposed to be their priority now

God why them and me sad

Body no be firewood. grin .
At least they should use contraceptives. They should be supplied with condoms and some education.
Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by chumaster(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2016
vislabraye:

Body no be firewood. grin .
At least they should use contraceptives. They should be supplied with condoms and some education.
my muslim friend once told me that contraceptives is against Islamic teaching even for married folks

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by angeltolly(f): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2016
Protest again Well, considering the fact that some gullible people are enriching themselves with what is meant for the IDPs, protest is unavoidable. **in jenifa's voice** Your own begger have shoose (choice) oo
Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by vislabraye(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2016
chumaster:

my muslim friend once told me that contraceptives is against Islamic teaching even for married folks

No be mumuness be that ? Did the Quoran forbid it or was there condom in the time of Quoran ?
Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by kykhelomor(f): 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
I thought boko haram menace is over,they should all return to their various villages. I guess the clueless president can't revive our economy,so no money.

1 Like

Re: Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard by chumaster(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
vislabraye:

No be mumuness be that ? Did the Quoran forbid it or was there condom in the time of Quoran ?
How I go take answer you now as person wey never see koran for him life grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Betrayal: Biafrans Goes Angry; Releases 5 Phone Numbers Of South East Governors / Where Is The Real Buhari? / See The Suspended Cjns Letter Admitting Guilt, Claiming Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.