Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway (13010 Views)

Youths Protest Extortion From Anti-Cult In Anambra, Block Highway / Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard / IDPs Protest Diversion Of Foodstuff- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by emamos: 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hundreds of Internally Displaced Persons have left their camps and have taken to the streets to protest against hunger and thirst in their respective camps.
Mostly women and children, the visibly angry IDPs barricaded the city’s main entry point, causing a gridlock along the Kano Maiduguri highway.
Security operatives seemed helpless as the IDPs refused to leave the highway.
“We are not fighting but fighting for our survival. The foods are not being supplied, there is no water. No medication for our sick kids; we want food or they should send back to our villages,” said an IDP who identified herself as Aisa from Marte.
“They don’t allow us to go out to beg. We are kept like prisoner without food….”, she said.
No government official has addressed the protesters yet.
Details later

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/209279-breaking-hungry-and-traumatised-idps-go-on-rampage-in-maiduguri-block-highway.html

1 Like

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by emamos: 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Bad.
Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by Pidggin(f): 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
cool

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by DonCortino: 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Na wa!
Shey na pdp or jona cause this one?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
This suffering is too much sad
So what is IDP?
How much did Theophilus Danjuma and co generate to support these persons?
What is their brother President Muhammadu Buhari doing?
If IDPs can do like this, what can the masses do when pushed to the Walls of Nigeria?
This Buhari government sef...meanwhile, Ngige, Amina, Mama Taraba, Fashola (Super Minister), Lai, Abba Kyari should board the next flight to Maiduguri to do the needful shocked

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by agwom(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2016
hmm
Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by doctokwus: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
One word,incompetence.This present govt is still sleeping on it's mandate,surrounding itself with equally corrupt and incompetent fools.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by mile12crises: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
If i stop posting henceforth.....

Know that I have been arrested cool

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by NigerDeltan(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
What happen to their camera?
I mean where is the pinchure grin
Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by emamos: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
wowmenow:
If not for the igbos in Lagos this how the Yoruba would have been begging in Lagos

11 Likes

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by globe16: 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
doctokwus:
One word,incompetence.This present govt is still sleeping on it's mandate,surrounding itself with equally corrupt and incompetent fools.
I no believe my own eyes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by APCHaram: 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
IDP camps are nothing but concentration camps setup to kill all the kafurs with hunger and stavation that their bokos couldnt kill

2 Likes

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by Beremx(f): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
All the food stuff meant for them have been diverted by another set of hungry people.

The hunger is real. No thanks to Buhari!

Sorry for them.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by ajepako(f): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
Na una Baba

Do am anything una like

4 Likes

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by globe16: 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
APC ZOMBIES SAID NIGERIANS WILL FIRST SUFFER BEFORE THEY BEGIN TO ENJOY...

Quotasystem why is buhari starving his people who are the victims of his own boko haram creation?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by CHIJIOKE1314: 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
This 5k Buhari denied Zombies would be the singular reason for his down fall..
After he denied making that promise, he has lost a good chunk of hungry Zombies to the wailers...

On the topic, Northern leaders has been proven by history to be the most corrupt and wicked leaders, especially to northerners themselves..

These evil leaders blocks all eye opening program directed at revealing the truth about the realities life and leaving to their population theirby hibernating their brain for decades now only to unleash them during elections..teaching them Arabic language and promising them Paradise with numerous virgins..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by doctokwus: 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
globe16:

I no believe my own eyes
Oboy,some of us invested massively in this man called PMB and it's obvious he is doing poorly in many aspects.We can't therefore keep quiet or glorify his incompetence in the midst of severe hardship.What even annoys me most, aside the economy he has almost grounded is that even in the anticorruption fight that was his major campaign winner,he pretends to be deaf when evidence is brought against his appointees or APC members.Thats deceitful and 419ish.
This protest I fear maybe the beginning of many and I don't feel any pity for him because the incompetence and still pervading corruption all around is too annoying.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by abokibuhari: 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
doctokwus:

Oboy,some of us invested massively in this man called PMB and it's obvious he is doing poorly in many aspects.We can't therefore keep quiet or glorify his incompetence in the midst of severe hardship.What even annoys me most, aside the economy he has almost grounded is that even in the anticorruption fight,he pretends to be deaf when evidence is brought against his appointees or APC members.Thats deceitful and 419ish.
Who gave you 'APPLE' to eat, like your eyes are now open. grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by abokibuhari: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
Beremx:
All the food stuff meant for them have been diverted by another set of hungry people.

Sorry for them.
We deserve an open letter, apologizing to Nairalanders for campaigning for buhari. Its so obvious sweety that he has no ability to lead, many people are suffering mainly because of his poor leadership skills

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by ENDTIMELIFE: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
They voted for Dullard president without Certificate their Messiah grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by globe16: 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
Beremx:

Sorry for them.
I laugh in Rochas okorocha change

18 Likes

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by NameChecker: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hungerbad

4 Likes

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by ireneony(f): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
mile12crises:
If i stop posting henceforth.....

Know that I have been arrested cool
wicked grin grin..lwkmd

11 Likes

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by Truefederalism(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hohoho. Foreign news!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by ychris: 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
northern news(primary hell fire), thnk God ah no reside dia.
Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by tuoyoojo(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
the hot wind of change blowing in the idp camps

some wicked people have diverted their supplies for person use

a hungry man is an angry man

na only demonstration Nigerian govt dey respond to

1 Like

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by SWORD419(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
hope gej isnt dancing to this news like he did when chibok shiiiit happened
Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by Izonpikin: 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
Keneking:
This suffering is too much sad
So what is IDP?
How much did Theophilus Danjuma and co generate to support these persons?
What is their brother, President Muhammadu Buhari doing?
MY BRO IS BACK WITH THE PICTURES.... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by FreeWorld23: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hian
Re: Hungry And Traumatised, IDPs Protest In Maiduguri, Block Highway by smellingmenses: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
Beremx your apology letter is required....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: We Have Not Decided On Mode Of Primaries - APC National Publicity Sec / We Can Only Listen To Nnamdi Kanu- Niger Delta Avangers / Photos From The 3-day Fidau Prayers For Saratu Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.