Stats: 3,161,622 members, 7,847,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249979 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
@George D & obijack

George, I think what he needs is a quad, not a quattro.  Reason being that a quad outputs 4 IF signals for 4 seperate receivers while a quattro  is used in combination with a multiswitch.
True quattro lnbs have four seperate outputs permanently
1. Low Band Vertical

2. Low Band Horizontal

3. High Band Vertical

4. High Band Horizontal

If you want to put a satellite receiver in up to four rooms you use a quad lnb, running a separate cable to each receiver.

If you want to distribute to say every room in your house, you use a quattro, feeding all four cables into a multiswitch which then distributes down a single cable to each room. As far as any connected receiver is concerned, it effectively sees a single LNB. An advantage is that you can also feed terrestrial tv (and sometimes radio) into the multiswitch and so only need a single coax to each room for both satellite and terrestrial (fitting a mulitple wall-plate to extract the differnt signal). The multiswitch handles feeding the correct hi/lo/hor/vert signal to any of the receivers.

Octo Lnbs are probably a cheaper alternative (though requiring more cables). If you need a terrestrial distribution amp to feed your tv signals around the house, then a quattro, via a multiswitch would proably be a better bet - though you MIGHT need to replace the coax to each room with proper double-screened satellite coax.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2009
spaceman:

Thats exactly the problem I have with one 4661x strong Dx now!
Its even go to the extent of putting itself off.
I know the program must have been affected.
What strong make do you use?

I'm using Strong 4663X.
Does it mean that it's not working any more or it need to be upgrade or its it fake Strong?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2009
@litaninja
fuji,echosat & supermax lnbs have proved 2 be d most effective for those on nilesat but i would rather go for supermax based on d xperience of those who use it.
As for d 2.4m,it is very much okay considering d price.but u will av 2 be very pro-active in trackin d arc wit dat dish.One more thing is gettin d best tp 4 trackin nile.i remember GEORGE did posted a tp about dat.i'll confirm frm my source which of the tp still stand d test of time &compare it with george's own
@GEORGE could u pls re-post dat tp u said is d most reliable 4 tracking nile &hotbird
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
@spaceman, am very happy for ur fufilment of promise.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
@spaceman, am very happy for ur fufilment of promise.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2009
obijack:

@George D,
Thank u very much. That is why Nairaland is the best place to be. Any idea on how much this quatro LNB (C Band ) goes for.

@obijack,
The echosat quatro lnb costs about N3,500. And it is KU band not C-band. You can only nail nilesat with a ku lnb.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
@borderline,
Use dubai one tp (11785v, 27500sr) to track nilesat. For hotbird, you need to consult olofofo or any other member as I'm not presently recieving. Last time I used 11747h, 27500sr (Dubai tv europe) and I picked it easily on my 3m fibre. But that was several months ago and these things change over time.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ George
I posted something about the quattro before and it was deleted. here is a summarised version

A quattro LNB has to be used in conjuction with a multiswitch as it has for seperate outputs H and V / Lo and High band.
A quad lnb is all four of these from one output and are switched by voltages or a 22khz tone sent from the Set top.

So a quattro will be of no use to you unless you are intending to run it through a multiswitch and feed multiple set tops via one dish.
Unless you wish to watch just one of the four broadcasted frequencies.

you can click on my "username" and click on "show last posts of this person to view it." Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2009
George_D:

@obijack,
The echosat quatro lnb costs about N3,500. And it is KU band not C-band. You can only nail nilesat with a ku lnb.

Click on my profile and view my last post for clarification between quad and quattro lnbs i don't know why my posts are being deleted

quattro is used with a multiswitch
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2009
Añy soccer match on w3a?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2009
@all france vrs austria live on mbc1.enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by maddoxoj(m): 4:50am On Oct 15, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@Olofofo,
Thanks. Ten to twenty meter range is too short for me. I will check the net to see if I can get a good one that can cover up to two kilos

And also stop by at NBC & NCC offices to collect licenses! grin wink Why would you want to go upto 2kms by the way?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 6:09am On Oct 15, 2009
maddoxoj:

And also stop by at NBC & NCC offices to collect licenses! grin wink Why would you want to go upto 2kms by the way?

@Maddoxoj,
OK I hear hear you. 100 to 200 meters will do.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2009
George_D

I sent something to your YM offline for forwarding to appropriate member concerned.

Note: It's for testing purposes only
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2009
@BUTONEDAY

have you been able to lay your hands on a dreambox?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2009
olofofo:

@BUTONEDAY

have you been able to lay your hands on a dreambox?

@Olofofo,
I placed a bid for one in ebay early this week. I am also in touch with the seller on mail. My AZBOX premium edition will arrive next week. I will keep you informed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 8:47am On Oct 15, 2009
Butoneday

contact George_D, I don't have you mail or number
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2009
@butoneday

PREDATOR 8700 is the new wiz kid on the block though. how is your hotbird reception?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 9:06am On Oct 15, 2009
@butoneday

Predator is now available in naija

The decoder is too much. it works with espn frequency in nile for hotbird almost 90%,all nile and mcsa

There also agadget that works the same way as the above decoder,you can attach it to any decoder to descramble the above channels,it is cheaper than predator. This works like server to either your strong or any other decoder. for more info call me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2009
badaru1:

@butoneday

Predator is now available in naija

The decoder is too much. it works with espn frequency in nile for hotbird almost 90%,all nile and mcsa

There also agadget that works the same way as the above decoder,you can attach it to any decoder to descramble the above channels,it is cheaper than predator. This works like server to either your strong or any other decoder. for more info call me.

@butoneday,

na true talk badaru yarn o .i just bought one on monday for somebody on the forum.it works like magic.all nilesat,oldroger opens like magic.but i was told it opens nova and so may providers too but i can only confirme those two.

predator 8700 and infinity are the way forward.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2009
Dejsam:

@butoneday,

na true talk badaru yarn o .i just bought one on monday for somebody on the forum.it works like magic.all nilesat,oldroger opens like magic.but i was told it opens nova and so may providers too but i can only confirme those two.

@ Badaru1,
Thank you for that info. I was about to pay for one Predator 8700 this afternoon. I am ringing you now.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:39am On Oct 15, 2009
Dejsam:

@butoneday,

@Dejsam,
Thanks for this high level information. I bought infinity about three months ago but could not get the required tp to make it work. You know what I mean. I will ring you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:49am On Oct 15, 2009
@Dejsam,
Please confirm if server for Infinity is also in 13 deg east
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@Dejsam,
Please confirm if server for Infinity is also in 13 deg east
@butoneday,

yes it is:

Main Features:

* Skysharing via NewcamD
* Hotbird as Server
* Digital Sat Receiver
* Lifetime Server acess *
* Big Provider Packages
* USB Function
* Twin Tuner
* Record Function via USB
* Firmware Updates via USB and Serial
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bing(m): 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
@Dejsam pls i want to know how much predator 8700 cost
@ oga badaru, greetings, pls i need ur phone no. to discuss one or two things with u, thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
@olofofo,
@BUTONEDAY,
@badaru,
@Dejsam,

Could we kindly take this discussion to the backyard? Before you know, there will be floodgates of requests for this package and most uninitiated won't know what it's used for.
I guess the G-group will serve us better for it than here. Just my thought.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ Dejsam,
Over to the back yard. Thanks for the info.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
@all
see excitements everywhere!  enjoy it while it lasts because the moment providers realise that newcamd is up on satelite, it will be attacked with their ferocious force.

@george_d

i agree.

@butoneday

ifende just pasted me this link

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/tvmax3000u-transmitter-p-1325.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
George_D:

@olofofo,
@BUTONEDAY,
@badaru,
@Dejsam,

Could we kindly take this discussion to the backyard? Before you know, there will be floodgates of requests for this package and most uninitiated won't know what it's used for.
I guess the G-group will serve us better for it than here. Just my thought.

@george d,

i feel u ojare my person.we are migrating to the backyard on this issue.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2009
olofofo:

@all
see excitements everywhere!  enjoy it while it lasts because the moment providers realise that newcamd is up on satelite, it will be attacked with their ferocious force.

@george_d

i agree.

@butoneday

ifende just pasted me this link

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/tvmax3000u-transmitter-p-1325.html

@Olofofo,
That is exactly what I am looking for. I was able to access the site through an anonymous browser due to restriction from my end. Thanks very much
@Ifende,
Many thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by litaninja(m): 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ badaru1: Can i have your phone number please?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by konami001: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2009
@THOSE IN THE KNOW,
I was just planning to order either the Predator 8700 or the Microbox , since its in naija already
i think its best if i bought here, pls let me know where I can buy either and the price too, gracias!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread