Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (248363 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2009
newbies, by reading post on the previous season, I bet u will learn alot of thing rather than asking question that has been treated severally here,

@ALL Barka De Sallah
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:38am On Nov 27, 2009
olofofo:

@george_d/Pito

the 10db line amplifier seems to be doing the trick ooooo. Make i still dey look ooooo!!!

@olofofo,
That's great news. Just keep monitoring and let's hope the signal stays stable.

@all,
Please take note of the above for future reference.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:11am On Nov 27, 2009
felixboye1:

Pls can I nail sirius and w3a with a single 90cm dish? If yes, can you pls tell me the tp to use to nail the 2 bird 2gether.

This is how I nail both birds with single dish. For your information there is no single frequency common to both birds. So you can try my style
go to manual scan while on w3a, input the Globecast freq 12.605 V 29.950

then move the dish a little to your left and upward if standing in front of your dish
or move the dish a little to your right and upward if standing behind your dish while watching your tv screen for green signal.
When you are successful, now go back to a known working TP on W3A to confirm it's still showing green i suggest you use Free2View TP 12728 V 30,000. Once you can still get it others will be ok. you can tweak your lnb skew and adjust your dish for best signal
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by JMS(m): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2009
Hi the house! i am sorry because you miss me a lot, internet is now pkrohibited in my office while i work all day long; therefore i cannot be on line as usual.
Just to inform you that there is another sport feed on EW3A, mainly on week end aroud 4pm, try to blind scan you will see; no need to post the frequency please.
@ George, God bless us
@Pito, Let's the almighty keep on protecting you

Thanks all!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2009
@jms, my decorder doesnt have blindscan wats the freq for the sports feed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2009
All recently my 2M had been difficult to nail so after so many tweaking without success i decided to change my 0.3db strong lnb to HELEVES 0.2db lnb and the result is amazing: 84% and 60% on the two 2M tps.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2009
@olofofo if 10db in line amplifier did the trick then something is wrong with your cable,
olofofo:

@george_d/Pito

the 10db line amplifier seems to be doing the trick ooooo. Make i still dey look ooooo!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by emeystan(m): 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2009
@captainus, pls what size of dish are you using for your 2M
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2009
Hello guru in house. I hav tried 2 search 4 answers 2 my questn but because I use mobile, its very difficult. Pls I have a hitv decoder and dish. I now want to change to FTA. I dont know if the lnb can work. In other words, are the 2 sats C or ku bands? Pls I need an urgent reply. I have been trying to get signal -FTA but yet 2 hit green. I also took my decoder 2 a neighbor, it turn green immediately I input the correct frequencies, sat etc. Could it be that my antenna is not well positioned or is there any other setting I dont know about? Waiting for reply from the gurus in the house.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2009
Emeystan i use 1.8m motorised pan dish with 4653x strong receiver
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by monsterg(m): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2009
To all big bros in da house,its been lng tym here i mst say i've been fflwg the thread dough nt able to loggin.so i commend all ur efforts&contribtions.one lov fta,one up Nl,one luv 9ja.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by monsterg(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2009
I hail al d big bros in da house lng tym.More power 2 ur elbow one lov
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ngwakwe: 11:36am On Nov 28, 2009
@George
I want to track Intelsat 10C without diaelectric

What freq should I use preferablely the one with highest signal strength?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2009
Ngwakwe:

@George
I want to track Intelsat 10C without diaelectric

What freq should I use preferablely the one with highest signal strength?

use 3661 V 14074, it's one of the strongest TP there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2009
Olofofo, how body Baqka de Salah.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2009
Gofitech, how far wit dat feed? Men dat feed na fire! there is always someting 2 watch, presently am not at home now, 4me 2 no which live epl match is goin on.@ All fashion tv now on intelsat 7/10c. canal 3 benin now on sirius4.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bisi12004: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2009
Bros,pls can u send the tp of that feed into my mail box and the direction.(bisi12004@gmail.com)thanks in advance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2009
olason:

Olofofo, how body Baqka de Salah.

i dey fine sir. abeg, feed me the feed too oooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2009
@pito/george_d

seems the interference only occurs when there's full NEPA current. there was a drop in the voltage when i tought the amplifier was working well. am still stock with the problem. the search for a solution continues.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ken007(m): 8:58am On Nov 29, 2009
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4)
« #1246 on: November 25, 2009, 04:34 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: pofolo on November 24, 2009, 06:40 AM
@all
rescan tp 12728v30000 on w3a for ils launch-station.
@ejilepa
how far d decoders, promo don start ?

is this a new channel, cos i scanned and cant find anything?
thanks@
@Pitondz, Hope u very alright now, i was out of reach(in this nigeria ooo)

@PITONNDZ the polaRITY IS WRONG IT 12728H30000
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2009
@Ngwakwe,
In addition to olofofo's tp, you can use: 4173V, 3000sr (India TV) for intelsat 7/10c. Make sure your lnb is in the 2 o'clock position facing the dish facing west.

@olofofo,
It's too bad. I thought that problem was over. Have you tried strong k6 or k7 as pitodenz suggested?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2009
captainus:

All recently my 2M had been difficult to nail so after so many tweaking without success i decided to change my 0.3db strong lnb to HELEVES 0.2db lnb and the result is amazing: 84% and 60% on the two 2M tps.

@captainus,
Congrats on your successful bringing down of that naughty 2m. I hope other members will learn from your experience.

BTW, where is SATHOB, ECOWAS4ALL, etc our other regular members from Ghana? What's up with everybody?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Spacevice

Sorry I could not reply earlier.

I received over 100 channels. These are the birds I nailed

From the East
Intelsal 7/10 @ 68.5 Ku and few C band because I'm using dielectric
Intelsat 902 @ 62 C
Intelsat 904 @ 64 C
Arabsat 2B @ 30 C
Astra 2B @ 28.2 Ku
Eutelsat W6 @ 21.6 Ku
Eutelsat W3A @ 7 Ku
Sirius4 @ 4.8 Ku

West
Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 C
Atlantic Bird3 @ 5
Intelsat 901 @ 18 C
NSS 7 @ 22 C and Ku
Intelsat 905 @24.5 C
Intelsat 907 @ 27.5 C and Ku

There are some birds like Paksat, Express AM44 and Intelsat 7/10 C which I could get.

My setting is
1.8 mesh dish
SRT 4669x Receiver
Strong C band LNB
Fuji LNB for Ku
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ Olofofo
          If u got nepa wire over-head ur dish them u must move the dish to another location. I believe that the problem must be coming from over-head high tension in ur area.
@ Olason
       Do you notice drop in fox movie signal during the day time in badr. Mine drops completely before 10 o'clock in the morning  and come back in the evening time with the signal hitting 65% even higher than mbc which is 50/51% in day time and 55% in the night.
@ All
        Still on badr, i change 4m dish from nilesat position to badr yesterday. It was just like using a 1.8m for astra 2b(multitv pakage). I got all the channels in badr and to my amazement fox movie was hitting 72% in echolink receiver that afternoon while i was having it completely red in my 2.4m dish that afternoon. Badr is best option if u re looking for movie channels cos all the movie channels in nilesat re there and well organized.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2009
All, 2m national is playing pranks inorder 4us not 2 watch chelsea vs Arsenal live. 4 now dis freq 11653v15714 is cracking seriously on my 1.8m, pls use this parameters if u hav same problem 11669v2480. enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2009
@pitodenz,
With this your post, I'm tempted to move my dish back to badr oooo! Afterall, there's still no update for showtime and madam self no too dey trip for those other packages on nilesat apart from MBC.  smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2009
All, Arsnal 0 Chelsea 2 on 2m national live. first half jus ended. enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2009
All, 4 dose dat missed d live match btw chelsea and arsnal hook up 2 crtv on asra 2b now. up chelsea!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ George D
Yes oh!! mbc's re more arranged in badr with one tp. Fox movie and series in the other hand re on the same tp with rotana arabia. You can ve cnn and bomerrang from eurobird2 together with showtime/orbit pakages. Remeber that desiney,nat geographic,dubia one,aljazeera +1 to +8 re all in badr. The only channel that is not in badr is art package. With 3m in badr it ll be like watching multitv even in rainfall.(no break in tramsmission lol)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2009
@olason
good work 4 all ur update,i watchd d chelsea game live 2day without cracking, u talkd about a fashion tv on intelsat7/10c,is it fta &pls kindly drop d tp.4 us without blindscan.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2009
@pito
dis fox movie u ar talking of,do dey show 24(d fox season movie) &other current shows? cos dat's d only thing dat can make me change my proposd nile installatn 2 badr. &ar u saying dat badr on a dish less dan 3m wil b cracking?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2009
fashion tv on pas 10c band @68.5east is owned by dstv and it is not fta, may be temporary fta @this time but it will still encrypted so, note

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51