Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee (9797 Views)

EU Lifts Ban On Beans Exportation From Nigeria. / EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years / Anambra State Inaugurates Tractor Service For Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by BarrElChapo(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2016
Committee up and down
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by Eggheaded(m): 9:03am On Aug 31, 2016
Our beans was rejected because defective farm chemicals application.

It involve literacy, faithfulness and having the end consumer at heart to pass these steps
'THEY WERE BAN BECAUSE OF THEIR COVERTOUSNESS.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by eyinjuege: 9:12am On Aug 31, 2016
I thought the beans have been banned for years now, and it's not a new development?
But it's a good thing they want to revisit the cause of the ban and make adjustments.
We need serious regulatory bodies in all sectors in Naija
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by joinnow: 9:24am On Aug 31, 2016
Onyiilugo:
What happen 2 nigerians dat ve been consuming d beans
Cancer compiling in stomach of Nigerian.
Too much pesticides bean is what we have been consuming.
Only God Almighty will save us. cry

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by JerryJJZ(m): 9:25am On Aug 31, 2016
Those guys nor get church mind oooo,,, dem want make only @MBuhari chop the whole beans for the country ni

Oya make we double our beans consumption capabilities,,,, Lolzz
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by Chiznonso: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2016
Tomorrow they would say They can do without Oil. They have banned your agricultural produce because it's unfit for human consumption.

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by loadedvibes: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2016
very good the price of beans go come cheap now
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by izombie(m): 9:55am On Aug 31, 2016
This goes to show how unserious and clueless this regime is. The first ban was in june 2015 and this regime was given 1 year to sort things out but never did. Now the ban is increased to 3 years and they are now setting up a committee for it. Bunch of clueless mofos. Buhari should just resign. Anyways, lalasti, i hear say u like beans well well
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by Originalsly: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2016
Hmmm... too much pesticide in the beans..... not good for humans.... banned by the EU... but yet we don't see the very beans affecting our health... as if we are not human. The FG should be trying to protect us by quickly getting the beans off the market and cutting down on the use of pesticides on current crops. Years later we would be wondering why we got cancer, so many miscarriages or other health issues.

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by whitebrown(f): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2016
Which way Nigeria? High level of pesticides in beans!!! We really need clear thinking and sound judgment in this country. Our solutions should be strategic(long term). We have a failing health sector, the health sector can't cope with patients. Consuming food this high in pesticides will only result in people developing illnesses and diseases sooner or later. This puts further pressure on the health sector. We say we have been consuming this and nothing happened, really? Do we understand that the lack of adequate data collection in Nigeria obscures the severity of health problems? Eu has extended the ban for another 3 years, what of the people in Nigeria who consume these as a staple? So we believe our body is immune to the effect of this pesticides. All I see is this committee and that committee with no implementation of any recommendations. So if the eu had not tested the food and determined that they are pesticides laden, we as a nation were never going to find out. This is synonymous to the eu saying to us "you all can kill and poison yourselves but please don't come kill our people". The food is not good to be consumed by any individual living in any of the eu countries but we as a nation couldn't do the needful to protect its own citizens. Instead of tackling issues like this relation to 'fit for consumption' status of our food, we rather worry about the symptoms(health implication) and not the cause( toxic level of pesticides in our food). I ask again, "which way Nigeria?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by jay7(m): 11:50am On Aug 31, 2016
dragonking3:
Buhari is an obstacle to the progress of this country

In what way?
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by Iranoladun(f): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
whitebrown:
Which way Nigeria? High level of pesticides in beans!!! We really need clear thinking and sound judgment in this country. Our solutions should be strategic(long term). We have a failing health sector, the health sector can't cope with patients. Consuming food this high in pesticides will only result in people developing illnesses and diseases sooner or later. This puts further pressure on the health sector. We say we have been consuming this and nothing happened, really? Do we understand that the lack of adequate data collection in Nigeria obscures the severity of health problems? Eu has extended the ban for another 3 years, what of the people in Nigeria who consume these as a staple? So we believe our body is immune to the effect of this pesticides. All I see is this committee and that committee with no implementation of any recommendations. So if the eu had not tested the food and determined that they are pesticides laden, we as a nation were never going to find out. This is synonymous to the eu saying to us "you all can kill and poison yourselves but please don't come kill our people". The food is not good to be consumed by any individual living in any of the eu countries but we as a nation couldn't do the needful to protect its own citizens. Instead of tackling issues like this relation to 'fit for consumption' status of our food, we rather worry about the symptoms(health implication) and not the cause( toxic level of pesticides in our food). I ask again, "which way Nigeria?"

You are on point.

I have been worrying about the pesticide content of our beans for a couple of years.
I suddenly realise that weevil are not attacking the beans as much as before.

What nailed it for me was last year when my daughter planted beans gotten from different sources for a school project and all of them failed to germinate.

We have been consuming pesticide laden beans for years without any inkling.

Who test and certified fit for consumption our beans and other foodstuff in the open market?

If it is NAFDAC we have enter a one chance bus. NAFDAC is already overwhelm chasing pharmaceutical and cosmetic company!
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by fav444(f): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
na my project topic be this o.
make una no worry, I will give you answers and feedback soon. As for the committee formed they should do the work fast let's compare results.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by phemmie06(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
Chineke. Ladugbomi ti nti yo. No wonder beans is costly. Beans we never reach us na him you de export. Trying to balance trade by force
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by Taolyn4lif(m): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
Onyiilugo:
What happen 2 nigerians dat ve been consuming d beans

They get poisoned slowly
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by nNEOo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ppl are hungry u are exporting beans ,y not use it to feed your citizen.... May they reject it even more... Odecracy
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by sportman117: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
[url]naijabet.com[/url] is accepted everwhere grin
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by ATERI(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
Just a couple of days ago, an Italian expert, Professor Giovanni de Gaetano, revealed the outcome of a research which confirmed that Mediterranean food is better for those with heart disease. A Mediterranean diet is deemed good because it is reach in vegetables, nuts, fish and oils. So burger, butter, chips and cola are the poison
The reason why I mentioned this is for the benefit of those in Nigeria who are only ready to appreciate anything Nigerian over their dead body. Somebody can tell me the difference between Mediterranean and African food. The difference is that it`s not fashionable to advise the world to eat African food even if it is far healthier
The fact is, it is very unlikely that one of the leaders of Europe ever tasted our brown beans before, so that should tell the whole story. The challenge for the gullible is to tell me any food in the West that is not heavily chemicalised? Please bear in mind what that Italian Professor has just said. If you go into any supermarket in the West, for instance, and buy a single banana, one would contain about 5 tablespoon of sugar. A single can of cola contains more than twice that The red meat and fish you eat in London and Washington contain more chemical than a gas chamber. The tragedy is that the supermarket that Nigerians see as modern today import all these poison for Nigerians to buy at home, but we are not thinking of banning them. Intelligent Nigerians know that once you are in the West you are better off eating our food and none is more popular than the brown beans.
Obama stopped buying Nigerian oil not because of bad quality. Obama stopped Nigerians from enjoying the American lottery visa not because Nigeria is the most populous country in the world, but because we don`t allow homosexuals to run riot in our country. The same America wanted to commit suicide when Buhari refused to devalue our currency. Well ,we all know how the currency is today. So the EU banned our beans not because of pesticides, but just another way of crippling Nigeria and the economy. Virtually everything you buy in Nigeria comes from these terrorists, so I don`t blame them. This is what happens when a great country is led by slaves!
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by jebetter: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
angry angry grin
RobinRay:
White man don tire to dey mess cool cool
Nigerian beans dey mesmerize the european
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by Origin(f): 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
Nigeria has one of the best organic non processed agricultural produce in the world. No GMOs no over insecticide (kokoro ewa can confirm this).

I believe this is our best selling point. What we need is packaging.

People all over the work at clamoring for unprocessed organic food. We should be exporting our banana, oranges, rice etc based on this points.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee by Kinglying: 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Another three year is bad na

(1) (2) (Reply)

POULTRY FARMERS IN ABUJA NEEDED TO WORK WITH / Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation / Agriculture: Isi-Uzo Can Feed Enugubl State, Create Jobs - Sani Friday Nnaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.