Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others (17456 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Briefs On Lagos-Ibadan Railway Projects (Photos) / Buhari Writes NASS, Seeks To Borrow $5.851bn For Railway Projects / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by Blue3k(m): 3:58am On Aug 31, 2016
Sounds like good news something to lift spirits. Im ready to hear good news on opening of Lagos metro rail in December. The traffic too much in that state reason why I prefer Abuja.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 31, 2016
modath:

Kene, i know you are vexed by some of this admin's actions & inactions... It's your inalienable right... You have a right to your thoughts, opinion & allegiance but some things don't just translate well..... Be temperate.. Thx. cool

But where is the rail starting from?
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by chrisblack: 6:59am On Aug 31, 2016
Grundig:

My guy, save this talk for your ilk.
Some of us are way too Intelligent for small talks.
If you choose to be the stuck in the stone age, my guy, good on you.

I dont care how viable Lagos - ibadan was, Lagos-abuja should be holy grail. We are talking about the ecoomic nerve centre of west Africa and policy centre of Nigeria.

Again, my guy, leave small talk.
This is the problem with some of you .You know nothing about something.Lagos to Ibadan route would have over 400 to 500,000 commute per day and this is a conservative estimate. This route with that of Lagos Abeokuta would be the busiest in Nigeria for obvious reason. Mind you Lagos to Abuja would be more of business class and the population would never compare with Ibadan or Abeokuta.

5 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by Grundig: 7:39am On Aug 31, 2016
chrisblack:
This is the problem with some of you .You know nothing about something.Lagos to Ibadan route would have over 400 to 500,000 commute per day and this is a conservative estimate. This route with that of Lagos Abeokuta would be the busiest in Nigeria for obvious reason. Mind you Lagos to Abuja would be more of business class and the population would never compare with Ibadan or Abeokuta.
Homie, can you have a conversation without the insults?

If you can, quote me. If not, let's keep it moving...
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by maddock(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2016
On this rail matter my thought is that both Oyo and Ogun goverments are not smart enough. If they are smart both of them would have joint looked for how to pursue the rail agenda to link Lagos and watch the "outflux" of people from Lagos and the the rapid development of their respective states.

Just imagine a functional train that would take less than one hour from Ibadan to Lagos, tell me why would people want to live in over crowded lagos.

But meanwhile all this loots they are recovering if only they can just use it for only train and light, we are okay.

5 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by maddock(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2016
On this rail matter my thought is that both Oyo and Ogun goverments are not smart enough. If they are smart both of them would have joint looked for how to pursue the rail agenda to link Lagos and watch the "outflux" of people from Lagos and the the rapid development of their respective states.

Just imagine a functional train that would take less than one hour from Ibadan to Lagos, tell me why would people want to live in over crowded lagos.

But meanwhile all this loots they are recovering from they can just use it for only train and light, we are okay.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by 989900: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2016
Grundig:
Of what use and importance are these routes to Nigeria? Isn't it common sense that Lagos - abuja route should be chief in the plans?

Just imagine? Lagos-ibadan, PH-calabar, kano-kaduna?
Lagos-abuja is not being mentioned.

Lagos-Ibadan is a subsection of the the Lagos-Abuja-Kaduna-Kano line. We are doing it in bits, which makes the most sense (Abuja-Kaduna is on already).

Likewise, Calabar-PH is a subsection of the famous/infamous Calabar-PH-Yenagoa-Lagos line, now this one also cuts across some SE and other states.

You can avail further info online.

6 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by 989900: 11:07am On Aug 31, 2016
maddock:

But meanwhile all this loots they are recovering from they can just use it for only train and light, we are okay.

We suggested this to Oyo state in 2008; even came with foreign partners, but they wanted to be bribed before pushing it.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by dremide: 11:16am On Aug 31, 2016
Grundig:
Of what use and importance are these routes to Nigeria? Isn't it common sense that Lagos - abuja route should be chief in the plans?

Lagos-ibadan is the busiest highway in Nigeria and its just about over 100 km, lagos- abuja is over 700km so it makes sense to start from what you can finish with what you have.

4 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by Grundig: 11:39am On Aug 31, 2016
989900:

Lagos-Ibadan is a subsection of the the Lagos-Abuja-Kaduna-Kano line. We are doing it in bits, which makes the most sense (Abuja-Kaduna is on already).

Likewise, Calabar-PH is a subsection of the famous/infamous Calabar-PH-Yenagoa-Lagos line, now this one also cuts across some SE and other states.

You can avail further info online.
You are the only one who has given a response I can agree with. Every other person who quoted me missed the mark by a wide margin. Let's not even talk about those with ethnic undertone.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by Grundig: 11:44am On Aug 31, 2016
With exception of 989900, the others read and turned the whole article on its head.

Article made reference to railway, the imps were busy salivating and licking their lips over expressway. Jehova!
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by geostrata(m): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
amaco12:
Amaechi my role model.God bless u sir.

which kind cloth be dis? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by ephi123(f): 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
The keywords in this whole write up are "set to, we will start, concluded plans to award" --- they should come back and tell us when it has ACTUALLY been awarded and work has STARTED.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by Jay542(m): 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
amaco12:
Amaechi my role model.God bless u sir.
Strong man.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by socrates007: 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
Grundig:

Cool down.the rail cannot pass from lagos to abuja direct without traversing this adjoining cities.the whole projects are in phases.they will all be linked to each other nation wide soonest

3 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by AreaFada2: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
Grundig:

All networks are important. All cannot be about Lagos-Abuja route. Lagos-Ibadan rail should decongest the express and reduce incessant accidents on that route.

GEJ's map to network the whole country is there. He already began the whole work plan. I hope the govt actually continues with the whole blueprint. Including Benin-Warri, & Benin-Asaba and other areas that never had train network before as in GEJ's plan.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by tyav7: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Make you no forget Ankpa - Adoka -Naka - Makurdi road o!
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by omolola15(m): 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
malton:
As it is often said, little drops of water, little grains of sand, make the mighty ocean... and the blessed land.

Brick by brick, the government is building from the ground up and seems committed to tacking the myriad of problems bedeviling the country headlong.

Should the tempo be sustained and consequently upped as the economy shapens up, there's no doubting that they could leave the country in a better state than they met it.

And at the end of the day, that's what counts. Everyone has their takeaways, but all of that tend to matter a lot less when you give much more to the coubtry than you take away.

Their commitment is never in doubt. Things may be hard right now, but that not withstanding, we may never say that they didn't try.

God bless you for this comment. Especially the bolded part. Everyone has their takeaways.

We no sey make dem no chop oooo. Because it's impossible to stop those polithiefians from stealing our Commonwealth. But work and give back to the community. We deserve that much.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by truthspeaks: 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
It's all future tense. Dis govt has nt achieved anythn except things to be done in d future. I undstnd u r doing ur job but pls d deceit is enuf
seunmsg:
Great news. Slow but steadily, we are on the road to where we want to be. I appreciate the new approach of getting the country's share of the counterpart funds ready before the contract is signed. Once work starts, there will be no delay till it is completed. No stories, no delay.

Kudos to Amaechi and president Buhari, we want to see more of this please.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by truthspeaks: 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
No, he hates future tenses n propaganda.
harosho07:

You simply hate goodnews

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by sportman117: 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
i'm on [url]naijabet.com[/url] minding my business
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by teachernnaa: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
One Nigeria indeed, this is one of the reasons people of South East seek to leave this country. they will be the last region to be considered for such capital project. Do u know the rate of commercial activities down there. If only our government will balance such discrimination and become more sincere with their policies, we will leave in peace.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by anonimi: 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
Set to
Will do
Shall be
FUTURE IMPOSSIBLE tense government.
Can they at least finish the Lagos-Ibadan express road rehabilitation and expansion that Jonathan started?
Who will save us from this curse
Abeg na who?

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by anonimi: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
truthspeaks:
No, he hates future tenses n propaganda.

Like anyone who is not a zombie should hate seeing all the FAILED promises of the Association of ProgreTHIEF Crooks, APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2491559_twimg20150606110308_jpeg4924ed8fc95c29bd13a67cca7f6c6f8e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2510980_twimg20150606110213_jpeg0ad5efd7918a710560492e4035b09f17

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by truthspeaks: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
Can't wait for the 2019 drama to start unfolding, their failures will be rubbed all over their faces.
anonimi:

Like anyone who is not a zombie should hate seeing all the FAILED promises of the Association of ProgreTHIEF Crooks, APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2491559_twimg20150606110308_jpeg4924ed8fc95c29bd13a67cca7f6c6f8e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2510980_twimg20150606110213_jpeg0ad5efd7918a710560492e4035b09f17

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by justmenoni: 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
What did I do? I said all the villages or those communities along the route; I said they should give themlevel six down. March on that railway.

“Their job is to march on that railway from the beginning to the end to see there was no security breach. The rest of applicants will go online to apply for the jobs. They said if we publish people will die the way it happened during immigration recruitment exercise and they will say Amaechi should resign (thunderous laughters)

The President called a meeting last week and requested too be briefed on what we are doing in terms of the railway. This year, we will start Lagos-Ibadan, railway project. [b]You know the difference between us and the rest, we will not say go and start we will look for counterpart funding.“We will bring our counterpart fund as poor as the country is now and give to the Chinese because their money is already in their bank account. It is for us to bring our own. [/b][s][/s]If we bring our own they bring their own to make sure there is no delay, we will bring all our own to give them and say go and start work.“If that happened, in two years, Lagos-Ibadan will be ready. Tomorrow I will sign the contracts for Calabar-Port Harcourt railwayproject. Before the week runs out, I will sign Kano-Kduna. That is what we are doing. This is to show you that we are moving away from the corruption economy to production economy.

Op why're you writing or reporting with Baifran english?

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by LorDBolton(m): 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
On the dying agitation for good governance, he said, “When I listen to all of you I laugh, I laugh because the poor has lost…either thoroughly beaten by the ruling class has lost the ability to resist. So, those resisting now is no longer the poor, it is the ruling class resisting themselves.”

This part of his speech really struck a nerve with me...

Do a critical analysis and you will realise nobody is actually fighting for the poor.

Oga jona said he had no shoes, what were his welfare programs for the poor... particularly in the ND.

I'm watching this buhari, you made a statement during apc primary that you're old and only here to serve. by 2019 we will know who you served.

The key to devt is improved standard of living and reduced cost of living.

We cannot be importing steel n oil n rice by 2019.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by Josmila(m): 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
Keneking:
But where is the rail starting from in Lagos?

Bourdillion or Ojodu or Marina or Ibafo?

When the capital project for the Lagos -Ibadan road expansion has not been fully settled undecided

Have you asked google? He's your friend
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by Uricas(m): 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
Grundig:

Of what use? Are you in Nigeria at all? Lagos to Abuja koh! Lagos to Igbira ni.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by bashydemy1: 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
Keneking:
But where is the rail starting from in Lagos?

Bourdillion or Ojodu or Marina or Ibafo?

When the capital project for the Lagos -Ibadan road expansion has not been fully settled undecided

Starting from your room enemy of progress.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by homosapien(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
Grundig:

It prudent to ask questions on matters beyond ones level of reasoning.
Re: FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others by CioAngels(f): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
Fg, please award this railway contract to japanese and not chinese. Sir tinubu, ameachi and others, please think of Nigerian rail users and have good job done by not giving it to chinese for 20% kickback and front.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today / Salami Rejects Magu’s Demand To Invite Buhari’s COS, Minister, Ends Probe / IMF Excludes Nigeria From Debt Relief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.