Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report (34771 Views)

Nigerians Vent Fury At CNN For Not Naming Country In Zuckerberg Visit / Funny Memes About Mark Zuckerberg's Visit (add Yours) / Pictures From Mark Zuckerberg's Visit To Cchub, Yaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by caprini1: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2016
Nigeria.....a country that we can yab ourselves to Jupiter,but if outsiders tries it,sorry is their name.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by caprini1: 11:43am On Aug 31, 2016
Nigeria.....a country that we can yab ourselves to Jupiter,but if outsiders tries it,sorry is their name......The only country that you fight with your neighbor in the night,but still see his car spoilt on 3rd mainland on your way to work in the morning,and still stop to help him out......still trying to understand this great nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Abbey2sam(m): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2016
if there's one thing I'm enjoying; it is the fact that CNN would now think twice b4 reporting a news about Nigeria

grin

3 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by gkeyyz: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2016
Nigerians can quick vex when you try nonsenses. cryNigerians can quick vex when you try nonsenses.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 31, 2016
HajimeSaito:

Keep decieving yourself. It is true that being the happiest people in the world does not make you the smartest people on earth.
That's why your useless economy is in freefall and somebody is here talking poo.
If America is scared of Nigeria then Brock Lesnar should be scared of Aki and Pawpaw.
My brother I wish I could like your post twice.
Dont bother Last year Goodluckk Jonathan was their problem why they javent become giant of Afrika
Up until last week it became Buhari that was nigeria's problem
Now the Americans are their problem the americans are hindering their development

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by gkeyyz: 11:49am On Aug 31, 2016
Nigerians can quick vex when you try nonsenses. cryNigerians can quick vex when you try nonsenses.
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by phreakabit(m): 11:52am On Aug 31, 2016

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by bignero: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2016
aresa:
Nigerian can be very stupido and annoying sometimes sha? They just fight over every damn thing and the dumbest thing..

The next sentence clearly says Lagos Nigeria...

smh...

dont mind them they just confirmed what amricans say that wer not civilised

imagine some one saying most americans are illitrates and the no of likes he received him whey go school we can see his impact in his village....another saying america fears nigeria i smh...if one takes nairaland serious the person will be in serious soup.

ok, if if they mentioned nigeria? what does it portend? and they claim to go school.....the black african man perharps inst fit to rule himself like trump said

3 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2016
cstr15:
See as Nigerians just dey deceive themselves without shame. grin
One even said Nigeria will one day displace america cheesy cheesy

That one cracked me up bro

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by morereb10: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2016
aresa:
Nigerian can be very stupido and annoying sometimes sha? They just fight over every damn thing and the dumbest thing..

The next sentence clearly says Lagos Nigeria...

smh...

Guy, you don't understand the power of a NEWS HEADLINE

is all that matters not the content of the news.

You are showing us the content of the news. Those biased reporters at CNN knows what they are doing

Go to Aljazeera you will see they will mention Nigeria. But CNN hmmmmm na only when bomb blast them go mention Borno State Nigeria for headline

3 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Revolva(m): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
All the people that twit to @cnnafrica with curse are bunch of deluded mind

So what if you visit the link and see lagos nigeria what will you do

Nigerians always want cheap things I beg leave cnn alone they are not biased ok they know the ethics of the business ok

Nigeria should go and solve their problems even God is angry with us
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
Afonjas:
95% of Americans don't know their vice president

This is so true......

Come to think of it - who's vice to president Obama?
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thoniameek:

This is so true......

Come to think of it - who's vice to president Obama?

Biden tongue
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Biden tongue

Eh eh?

Ok o
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by omolola15(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
happney65:
I watched it on TV as CNN reported he's visit to Nigeria after he left Italy where himself and he's wife went to see the Pope.I.dont know why it is such a Big deal what ever name CNN calls it on its Twitter Page..Anyway I dont blamw those people shouting..They just started seeing the news when Social Media came..Most of them are like omolola15 who never knew what happened aroubd them prior to the coming of Social Media..Rubbish.. grin

It's like your day can never be complete without you quoting me in a day. Thank God you know how brilliant and educated I am. So I won't pay attention to all this your nairaland cheap publicity stunts.
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by calddon(m): 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
You don ever collect E-slap before?? undecided
Quote me not i beg u
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by happney65: 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
omolola15:

It's like your day can never be complete without you quoting me in a day. Thank God you know how brilliant and educated I am. So I won't pay attention to all this your nairaland cheap publicity stunts.

Ahahahahahahahaha..He don pain am..As long as you are a Zoombie,I will give om giving it to you like its Hot..I wan ask you one question sef but i wont ask you again as na google you go look..No wonder APC hoodwinked you..They will soon say na them bring Mark come Naija sef..Eyin weere..
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by romoruyi(m): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
yrret:
I watched with keen interest to know which set of people are actually blasting CNN, but to my surprise all name checkers are involved, from yorubas through igbos and Hausa communities were sparking in unison demanding why Nigeria wasn't mentioned.

Truely, we are deceiving yourselves down here. Irrespective of our personal beef, hatred, mismanagement and religion we still love our country more than anything when it comes to external intersection and marginalization.

It could be the reason why international communities are scared of coming to help our internal problems.

Only for CNN not mention Nigeria for news, see as full religion, ethnic groups, haters and 'hatees' become team to fire down CNN.

My Country-My Country!
9ja! I hail!!

The Simple Truth: Americans are scared of Nigeria, Thinking if more recognition is given to Nigeria, we could quickly override their country and Nigeria will just be a country where other countries will emulate from.

I can Bet, Nigeria: will one day become the world's leading country

Make una write am down.

It has been destined to be so and amen to that.
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
I swear flat heads dey among those fcktards... cheesy
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Abee79(m): 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
I just love the way Nigerians spoke against that mindless marginalization with one voice. I pray that kind of unity spreads like wild fire against every other thing that undermines our collective greatness!
#naijaforlife

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by sportman117: 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nigerians with zero chill, no time just like [url]naijabet.com[/url]

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by prince985(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
kook at their heads....somebody came to Nigeria to do something u know u will never benefit from and all of u are busy jumping up and down..is it Mark that will save ur so called country from recession and implosion?

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nigerians can be petty people
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by sportman117: 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
Naija,i hail o
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Tmercy(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
yrret:
I watched with keen interest to know which set of people are actually blasting CNN, but to my surprise all name checkers are involved, from yorubas through igbos and Hausa communities were sparking in unison demanding why Nigeria wasn't mentioned.

Truely, we are deceiving yourselves down here. Irrespective of our personal beef, hatred, mismanagement and religion we still love our country more than anything when it comes to external intersection and marginalization.

It could be the reason why international communities are scared of coming to help our internal problems.

Only for CNN not mention Nigeria for news, see as full religion, ethnic groups, haters and 'hatees' become team to fire down CNN.

My Country-My Country!
9ja! I hail!!

The Simple Truth: Americans are scared of Nigeria, Thinking if more recognition is given to Nigeria, we could quickly override their country and Nigeria will just be a country where other countries will emulate from.

Make una write am down.
singing I concur
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by dasparrow: 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
vodutive:
Nigerians can be petty people

I won't generalize like that. I mean, I can see why some of our people are angry. When people come online, a headline is what grabs their attention. Some may not even read the body of the twit or article. So, it is important that CNN is specific. If you ever lived in America you will know that most Americans think Africa is a country and not a continent. They ask so many stupid questions it becomes embarrassing. Anyways, I assure you, if it were bad news such as a bomb blast or internet fraud, rest be assured they would mention Nigeria in the headline. Is "Nigeria" not easier to spell than "Sub-Saharan Africa"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Peezie07(m): 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
16 million active facebook users. Too bad CNN. Their action is unacceptable.
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by kennycalls(m): 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
I was actually watching CNN making this report this morning and was angry isha sesay didn't give video confirmations but mentioned Nigeria.
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by ebby9z(m): 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
yrret:

My Country-My Country!
9ja! I hail!!

Make una write am down.

You dont just have brain up there but u use it very well...i love your comment, bro.
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by ebby9z(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
CNN and BBC;the 21st tool of black denigration of the unrepentant colonialists. I'd rrather watch Al-jazeera or our own TVC. I would have been actually surprised if they have mentioned Nigeria, they'd rather say Africa, Sub-saharan africa, West Africa...Lets just pray we soon have a voice of our own and stop relying on them to tell our stories

2 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by fernandoc(m): 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
Just like me and my siblings. We may insult the living he'll out of ourselves. But if u an outsider tryys it we will bring down d walls of jericho on d person.
Re: Zuckerberg's Visit: Nigerians Blast CNN For Not Adding 'Nigeria' In Its Report by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
morereb10:
bignero:
Abbey2sam:
Joel3:
Abee79:
[/quote]
[quote author=adeoba2008 post=48949580].

yrret:

My Country-My Country!
9ja! I hail!!

Make una write am down.
Your comment about Americans being scared of Nigeria is very ignorant. Also, another guy's comment about Americans being ignorant is also silly. Over here we do not worship politicians as you guys do. In fact, some people may not give much thought to who the mayor of their city is .There's often no celebration of infrastructure .Its just built and life goes on. All that matters is that the city is working . But in Nigeria ,politicians often put their posters on all projects as if they built it with their money .
Americans and Canadians refer to Africa in the same way they refer to Europe because America is very large and that's the outlook Americans look at the world,in large quantity . For example ,most Americans would say they are visiting "Europe" when they are going on vacation in Netherlands,Spain or Greece. SouthEast Asia or Latin America are also used .The countries are referred by name sometimes.
How can America be scared of Nigeria which is a poor ,underdeveloped third world country with no hope in sight ?In fact Nigeria is not among the top 13 geographically largest countries in Africa. Nigeria is not among the top 10 developed countries in Africa. Many of the developments in Nigeria ,like those 15 storey buildings in Lagos island have been made possible by Americans and Nigerian Americans who where given the opportunity to migrate and study or settle in the USA for a better life. So,it is highly foolish of you to brag that Nigerians are the most educated in the USA instead of being grateful for the opportunity granted . American firms like Halliburton and Mobil,royal dutch shell employs 100s of thousands of nigerians and supports Nigeria's economy.
Just because most Americans are charitable and not as corrupt and fraudulent-minded like nigerians does not mean that they are ignorant and nigerians are smart.where has Nigeria's smartness led the country to? After world war 2 america helped Japan,South Korea,Germany,Singapore etc to develop. so how can America be scared of Nigeria which is one of the most underdeveloped and poorest countries per income capita in the world ? The United states is 11 times larger than Nigeria .The united states has better climate variety and weather and beautiful nature than Nigeria by far.The united states has numerous world class towns towns and over 100 world class cities like Los Angeles,Dallas,Seattle ,Atlanta,Miami,New York ,Chicago,Boston,Houston,Minneapolis,San Francisco,Charlotte,Philadelphia,Las Vegas ,etc. and each of these cities are nothing less than 20,000km2 . Lagos is just 3500 km2 . akwa ibom state is 7000 km2 .los angels is 35 ,000km2 while Tokyo japan metropolis is around 40,000km2.This means that Los Angeles is over 4 times larger than Akwa ibom landmass. Does Nigeria even have constant electricity? what has Nigeria invented ?The United has more natural and human resources than Nigeria by far . Texas and North Dakota more oil than Nigeria.
Why don't Nigerians support NTA? The CNN in the united states is different from the one you have there in Nigeria. We have the real CNN while you guys have CNN International which is put in the care of black Africans . So why do you blame the United states for what CNN Africa does? Mark zuckerbeg ,an america is visiting Nigeria to help your economy and potential ,and you are still being arrogant saying America is scared of Nigeria .
Japan,Germany,South Korea,Canada,Australia and UK look up to the United States as big brother and ally, and you are telling me that America is scared of a third world shiithole like Nigeria?If America wants ,Buhari can be removed at any moment . Nigeria can be invaded and colonized by America,and nothing would happen .Do you know that America can shut down Nigeria's internet? very very funny. Nigeria will continue to be the way its is because of such ignorant mentality .Nigerians think they are are smart by scamming people or taking short cut ,taking advantage of people ,but you are actually foolish. Nigeria and most countries on earth always imitate america. Nigeria have the largest skin bleachers in the world ,and very soon Nigerians will say Americans are scared of Nigerians being whiter than Americans.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blogger NaijaSingleGirl Involved In An Accident On Her Way Home For Christmas / Mark Zuckerberg Shares Number Of ACTIVE Users On Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram / Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.