Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,614 members, 7,820,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth (47795 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Describes Buhari's Speech As "Case Of Missed Opportunity" / Oby Ezekwesili Questions #bbnaija Voters - 11million Votes? / Reno Omokri Mocks Oby Ezekwesili: "See What You Have Been Reduced To" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by salabscholar01(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
arisanate:
Thank you
Thank you sir... Greetings smiley
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by obailala(m): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
salabscholar01:
That has gone to another level of insanity, I must say cheesy grin... But the fact is that, they still have a minimum of three solid years to wail.
Corrected... it could be more cheesy
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by celestialAgent(m): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
Yehman:

Some people are Just naturally envy Or should I term this ur gesture "stupidity". Pls You should know the limits of your verbal diarrhea.
You could have driven your point without the insults. I blame that on ur ill life culture.

From your comment, i'm able to deduce that you know next to nothing about online promotion at foreign level. Because if you do, you will sure understand that unlike google, facebook financial policies is draconian to promoters from NIGERIA..

What we need now is flexible transaction system ease the financial tension and not some random talk.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Babamama: 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
when is Mark Zuckerberg going
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
holluphemydavid:
Engrish?
yes engrish. That's the language he used not English.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:

I don't want her to be distracted so she can find the Chibok girls as time is going
funny u

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by salabscholar01(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
obailala:
Corrected... it could be more cheesy
grin cheesy...kikikikik... Just like minimum requirements to get a job offer.... I subscribe to that idea. I love their cries... Too obvious they are babies grin
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by dasparrow: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
gensteejay:

Interesting. What do you mean by the highlighted part of your comment?

Read more at the link below. The article is very long but basically it talks about Mark Zuckerbeg going to India and offering poor Indians in the rural areas free internet access. The problem though is that the Indians will not have complete access to the internet. Mark Zuckerberg and the American government will decide what and what Indians can access on the web. Trust Indians! They saw through Mark Zuckerberg's 'Greek gift' and turned down his offer. The Indians went on a campaign and lobbied their lawmakers not to agree to Mark's offer of free access to the internet. They said they do not want their entire generations present and future to become brainwashed since it is Mark Zuckerberg and the American government that will control what and what information and content they will be able to access on the world wide web. Can you imagine if Nigerian government agreed to such? Nigerians will not be able to visit Nairaland or their favorite blogs because Mark and the American government will decide which websites you will be able to access. They will also monitor you as well so you will have no internet privacy.

Anyways, here is the link to the article:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/12/facebook-free-basics-india-zuckerberg

By the way, Facebook is banned in China and India saw through Mark Zuckerberg's wayo and charade so he has to find other countries with large populations to continue growing his IT business.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Elkay3: 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:
Was already preparing a rejoinder on this.... NO CEO will visit Nigeria for charity or to learn....

On Facebook's CEO visit to Nigeria, let me chip in some obvious reason why he came to Nigeria... Note :he didn't come here for convenience or to stare at kids writing obsolete codes at CcHUB, not forgetting that Nigeria is not a tourist destination...

He is on serious biz..... He has tested India and was kicked out
Who still remembered Facebook free basics??
Propagated by Internet.org

God bless your reasoning! The same logic that flood my thoughts. An for me, it's obvious. I like d young dude though, his simplicity and his eye for innovation alongside business, but the Free basic thing...no. I thought it was a good thing until I read the report filed by Indian authorities. It will create a monopoly... one man against the whole loads of telecommunications companies who gets (or milk us) through subscriptions, for me it's a no! I will rather stick with their cheating than for one man to put the small number of their workers to the labour market again...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by viktagorion: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
Why the vitriolic attacks on this woman? Who told you she's looking for a job?

I pity the yoots condemning this woman.

Shame on them, they have lost their sense of humanity and they don't even realise it!!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by ericeben: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
I wish I was in Lagos I wld hv needed him to help enhance my project to international standard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHhALGz3Ro0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Alvin007: 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
Mark Zuckerberg running away from the mainland... cheesy grin

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Deejayrhymes: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nice 1 mark...Africa to the world. At least its not negative publicity.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
gensteejay:

Interesting. What do you mean by the highlighted part of your comment?

Mark is ruthless when you talk buisness.... He tried to introduce a sort of free Internet in India in partnership with select service providers... Note that this will crush competition for companies providing similar services in India... If adopted he will mine so much data from a country that our sovereignty will make no sense anymore....
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
Elkay3:

God bless your reasoning! The same logic that flood my thoughts. An for me, it's obvious. I like d young dude though, his simplicity and his eye for innovation alongside business, but the Free basic thing...no. I thought it was a good thing until I read the report filed by Indian authorities. It will create a monopoly... one man against the whole loads of telecommunications companies who gets (or milk us) through subscriptions, for me it's a no! I will rather stick with their cheating than for one man to put the small number of their workers to the labour market again...

Think along with me........
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
What is she reacting to? She take chloroquine?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
In other words she is seeking a job at facebook. No way!!

Let her sign up for npower angry

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by harosho07(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
salabscholar01:
Those calling this woman useless, are probably still feeding from dads and mums___Growing up is not just increase in height, but increase in wisdom as well.

Some are ignorantly saying she needs a job. If I may ask, has she ever at one time or the other, said she is doing it just to get illicit rewards? Who among you here has ever volunteered much like her, doing such a humanitarian service like she does? Can you sacrifice a minute to stand under the sun, for that neighbour who is aggrieved? Do you know she is the strength of these mothers? If we should all do the same looking forward to be rewarded with juicy political positions, I bet you, the direction where the progress of the true changes lies in this country as we wish, still left much to be desired.

She speaks for men, women, children and I believe she will be rewarded abundantly for her goodwill. shame on those who paint her wrongly, staring from the sidelines to judge her actions,,.. Do you even know the dialogue between her and the FG? Have you ever take your time to ask? Please so many questions you need to ask yourself before you judge others.

You spoke my mind, just that i can't waste my time persuading this people here to change their orientation like you just did.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:

Think along with me........

Bro, i'm tempted to suspect some grand mind control 'program' is underway and Mark some sort of agent for such. Kudos to the Indians I respect their reasoning. But I fear Nigerians, on a higher proportion, might not walk that path especially now that everything is politicised.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Charly68: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
Mama Oby is a tested brain,no amount of blackmailing can tarnish this woman's credibility.. Nobody used & dump her,the truth must be told..everybody can not follow the same line of thinking & that is why the woman incurred the wrath of some political elements .Our growth as a nation lies in our unity in diversity . Let us learn to appreciate brilliant ones when we see them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
dasparrow:

Read more at the link below. The article is very long but basically it talks about Mark Zuckerbeg going to India and offering poor Indians in the rural areas free internet access. The problem though is that the Indians will not have complete access to the internet. Mark Zuckerberg and the American government will decide what and what Indians can access on the web. Trust Indians! They saw through Mark Zuckerberg's 'Greek gift' and turned down his offer. The Indians went on a campaign and lobbied their lawmakers not to agree to Mark's offer of free access to the internet. They said they do not want their entire generations present and future to become brainwashed since it is Mark Zuckerberg and the American government that will control what and what information and content they will be able to access on the world wide web. Can you imagine if Nigerian government agreed to such? Nigerians will not be able to visit Nairaland or their favorite blogs because Mark and the American government will decide which websites you will be able to access. They will also monitor you as well so you will have no internet privacy.

Anyways, here is the link to the article:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/12/facebook-free-basics-india-zuckerberg

By the way, Facebook is banned in China and India saw through Mark Zuckerberg's wayo and charade so he has to find other countries with large populations to continue growing his IT business.
The article on that link was quite informative. People need to know there's nothing humanitarian about Mark's visit to Nigeria and his initiative, internet.org

No wonder Facebook was banned in China. We all should reject this Greek's gift from the Facebook CEO now.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
Milonis:

Bro, i'm tempted to suspect some grand mind control 'program' is underway and Mark some sort of agent for such. Kudos to the Indians I respect their reasoning. But I fear Nigerians, on a higher proportion, might not walk that path especially now that everything is politicised.

Yes... I should have written on this but a lot of stupid meaning would be read into it, I wish to spur minds to think....

I am concerned by the way oby is praising his coming, you know other politicians might follow suite.. This is not going to be good....

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Charly68:
Mama Oby is a tested brain,no amount of blackmailing can tarnish this woman's credibility.. Nobody used & dump her,the truth must be told..everybody can not follow the same line of thinking & that is why the woman incurred the wrath of some political elements .Our growth as a nation lies in our unity in diversity . Let us learn to appreciate brilliant ones when we see them.

Will you keep quiet... Commending mark fit visiting Nigeria shows she is shallow minded and not as intelligent as you think...

If she is intelligent she should ask first why mark came to Nigeria

Open your eyes...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:

Yes... I should have written on this but a lot of stupid meaning would be read into it, I wish to spur minds to think....

I am concerned by the way oby is praising his coming, you know other politicians might follow suite.. This is not going to be good....

I'm with you on this. Honestly deeply concerned that some shameless politics is about to roll out here.

And mind you, the low-hair cut woman is obviously seeking attention. I see Lai Moh'd churning out some propaganda soon
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Charly68: 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:

Will you keep quiet... Commending mark fit visiting Nigeria shows she is shallow minded and not as intelligent as you think...

If she is intelligent she should ask first why mark came to Nigeria

Open your eyes...
Stop this campaign of hatred and jealousy my friend ! How long are you going to keep fighting a sincere fellow ? Can't you do something meaningful with your time
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
gensteejay:

The article on that link was quite informative. People need to know there's nothing humanitarian about Mark's visit to Nigeria and his initiative, internet.org

No wonder Facebook was banned in China. We all should reject this Greek's gift from the Facebook CEO now.
Greek gift indeed, bro. But i'm afraid it's not going to be rejected. Why? Everything is politicised here and so even our sense of reasoning's been altered negatively.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Bsideboi(m): 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:
Was already preparing a rejoinder on this.... NO CEO will visit Nigeria for charity or to learn....

On Facebook's CEO visit to Nigeria, let me chip in some obvious reason why he came to Nigeria... Note :he didn't come here for convenience or to stare at kids writing obsolete codes at CcHUB, not forgetting that Nigeria is not a tourist destination...

He is on serious biz..... He has tested India and was kicked out
Who still remembered Facebook free basics??
Propagated by Internet.org
I kinda agree with u...but let's not forget dats a lot of young web developers and Programmers will be inspired by his visit.

I have not seen our Seun in a pic with MZ
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Charly68:
Stop this campaign of hatred and jealousy my friend ! How long are you going to keep fighting a sincere fellow ? Can't you do something meaningful with your time

I don't want to mince words but you should read my post well. Don't just rush to reply......

Also read my first post on this thread.....

Stop being Stubborn and get the message...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
celestialAgent:
You could have driven your point without the insults. I blame that on ur ill life culture.

From your comment, i'm able to deduce that you know next to nothing about online promotion at foreign level. Because if you do, you will sure understand that unlike google, facebook financial policies is draconian to promoters from NIGERIA..

What we need now is flexible transaction system ease the financial tension and not some random talk.

Thank you for understanding.....
Let's propagate the message that Facebook doesn't mean well for us in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Davecafary(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
salabscholar01:
Those calling this woman useless, are probably still feeding from dads and mums___Growing up is not just increase in height, but increase in wisdom as well.

Some are ignorantly saying she needs a job. If I may ask, has she ever at one time or the other, said she is doing it just to get illicit rewards? Who among you here has ever volunteered much like her, doing such a humanitarian service like she does? Can you sacrifice a minute to stand under the sun, for that neighbour who is aggrieved? Do you know she is the strength of these mothers? If we should all do the same looking forward to be rewarded with juicy political positions, I bet you, the direction where the progress of the true changes lies in this country as we wish, still left much to be desired.

She speaks for men, women, children and I believe she will be rewarded abundantly for her goodwill. shame on those who paint her wrongly, staring from the sidelines to judge her actions,,.. Do you even know the dialogue between her and the FG? Have you ever take your time to ask? Please so many questions you need to ask yourself before you judge others.
God bless you bro, you are indeed a scholar and very sensible too. All we have on here on nairaland nowadays are senseless and misguided comments by kids who are opportune to use a phone and who don't know jackshit about what's happening in the country except to shout "Buhari". So I don't really blame them.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=Bsideboi post=48956882]I kinda agree with u...but let's not forget dats a lot of young web developers and Programmers will be inspired by his visit.

I have not seen our Seun in a pic with MZ[/quote

]

No doubt anyway.... I just want Nigerians to monitor and disect his visit with a clear mind.... Mark buisness strategies will do our developers more harm than good...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP / Buhari And Saraki Smile At Each Other During Independence Celebration / Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.