Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth (47794 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Describes Buhari's Speech As "Case Of Missed Opportunity" / Oby Ezekwesili Questions #bbnaija Voters - 11million Votes? / Reno Omokri Mocks Oby Ezekwesili: "See What You Have Been Reduced To" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Charly68: 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:

I don't want to mince words but you should read my post well. Don't just rush to reply......

Also read my first post on this thread.....

Stop being Stubborn and get the message...
Am sorry if I got you wrong sir . Together we shall make our nation great again.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by salabscholar01(m): 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
harosho07:

You spoke my mind, just that i can't waste my time persuading this people here to change their orientation like you just did.
Thank you sir. We must change our attitudes, especially on nairaland here... My greetings to you sir
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by chachanga: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:

Mark is ruthless when you talk buisness.... He tried to introduce a sort of free Internet in India in partnership with select service providers... Note that this will crush competition for companies providing similar services in India... If adopted he will mine so much data from a country that our sovereignty will make no sense anymore....

Bro, am beginning to think that this is a very wrong time to be a Nigerian.

Why?!

See, where better countries field politicians, who, though self-serving, see the travesty in beggaring off their countries; the Nigerian brainless political mob live for that singular ambition.

People who sold out to MTN, closed their eyes to the wickedness of the Zain Indians and know next to nothing about positioning and growing Nigeria as a formidably profitable IT hub for west African, let alone, the whole of Africa.

We have just too much Human Capital for all these nonsense they are performing for us yet there is no concerted public outcry, Mark Zuckerberg will outwit our lawmakers and policy formulators leaving Nigerian youths with the short end of the stick again.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Danpotter(m): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Some one should sue this woman from speaking to the public
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by talkwithfemi: 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
I really don't know why some are calling this woman names as if she does not have right to comment or voice her opinion. Is her daughter or sister part of the Chibok girls that she is fronting for their release? Let's always try to be objective before passing judgment to others.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by ogaprime(m): 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:
Was already preparing a rejoinder on this.... NO CEO will visit Nigeria for charity or to learn....

On Facebook's CEO visit to Nigeria, let me chip in some obvious reason why he came to Nigeria... Note :he didn't come here for convenience or to stare at kids writing obsolete codes at CcHUB, not forgetting that Nigeria is not a tourist destination...

He is on serious biz..... He has tested India and was kicked out
Who still remembered Facebook free basics??
Propagated by Internet.org

Open your Mind now cause if our where belly face opens their's before us then we are doomed..

Please sir, explain further. What do you mean in your last two paragraphs. Thanks
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:
This woman should please shut up and find Chibok girls

Women like Oby should be celebrated ecouraged and not bashed, people like her are the conscience and true heroes of this country. And b4 Nairalanders start with ethnic sentiments, I an from the SW.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by kaen1317: 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:
she has gone mad and lost all sense
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by NigerDeltan(m): 5:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
salabscholar01:
Those calling this woman useless, are probably still feeding from dads and mums___Growing up is not just increase in height, but increase in wisdom as well.

Some are ignorantly saying she needs a job. If I may ask, has she ever at one time or the other, said she is doing it just to get illicit rewards? Who among you here has ever volunteered much like her, doing such a humanitarian service like she does? Can you sacrifice a minute to stand under the sun, for that neighbour who is aggrieved? Do you know she is the strength of these mothers? If we should all do the same looking forward to be rewarded with juicy political positions, I bet you, the direction where the progress of the true changes lies in this country as we wish, still left much to be desired.

She speaks for men, women, children and I believe she will be rewarded abundantly for her goodwill. shame on those who paint her wrongly, staring from the sidelines to judge her actions,,.. Do you even know the dialogue between her and the FG? Have you ever take your time to ask? Please so many questions you need to ask yourself before you judge others.

Bros welldone, i was jst shaking my head all through untill i saw ur post.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by seantunes(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:
Was already preparing a rejoinder on this.... NO CEO will visit Nigeria for charity or to learn....

On Facebook's CEO visit to Nigeria, let me chip in some obvious reason why he came to Nigeria... Note :he didn't come here for convenience or to stare at kids writing obsolete codes at CcHUB, not forgetting that Nigeria is not a tourist destination...

He is on serious biz..... He has tested India and was kicked out
Who still remembered Facebook free basics??
Propagated by Internet.org

Open your Mind now cause if our where belly face opens their's before us then we are doomed..
Look at the bigger picture.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Dsdada: 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
salabscholar01:
Those calling this woman useless, are probably still feeding from dads and mums___Growing up is not just increase in height, but increase in wisdom as well.

Some are ignorantly saying she needs a job. If I may ask, has she ever at one time or the other, said she is doing it just to get illicit rewards? Who among you here has ever volunteered much like her, doing such a humanitarian service like she does? Can you sacrifice a minute to stand under the sun, for that neighbour who is aggrieved? Do you know she is the strength of these mothers? If we should all do the same looking forward to be rewarded with juicy political positions, I bet you, the direction where the progress of the true changes lies in this country as we wish, still left much to be desired.

She speaks for men, women, children and I believe she will be rewarded abundantly for her goodwill. shame on those who paint her wrongly, staring from the sidelines to judge her actions,,.. Do you even know the dialogue between her and the FG? Have you ever take your time to ask? Please so many questions you need to ask yourself before you judge others.
I am amazed at the torrential hate comments coming from young nigerians who feel that our present leaders are bad! The question I have for those who are aggrieved by the activities of this woman. How will they handle those who are opposed to their views when they get to the place of power. There is no law that says you must agree with what another man is doing. However, you must recognise the rights of others have views that are divergent from yours-this is the basic principle guiding relationship.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Elle277(f): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
Very intelligent woman,always making sense
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
ogaprime:

Please sir, explain further. What do you mean in your last two paragraphs. Thanks

I am putting my mind together to answer your question cause the answer is quite complex and will need explicit explanations... I hope Seun will take it to fp

Just research the little I have said... Open your mind
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Cromagnon: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
finalboss:
this woman shuld just shut the Bleep up
the way you have shut up abi
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Cromagnon: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
SuperBlack:
Attention seeker.
how e con concine you
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
seantunes:

I have seen the future.. But am afraid it would favour the local economy if we are not aware of the intricacies pertaining to marks draconian biz strategies...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Kelechi2020(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
chachanga:

Bro, am beginning to think that this is a very wrong time to be a Nigerian.

Why?!

See, where better countries field politicians, who, though self-serving, see the travesty in beggaring off their countries; the Nigerian brainless political mob live for that singular ambition.

People who sold out to MTN, closed their eyes to the wickedness of the Zain Indians and know next to nothing about positioning and growing Nigeria as a formidably profitable IT hub for west African, let alone, the whole of Africa.

We have just too much Human Capital for all these nonsense they are performing for us yet there is no concerted public outcry, Mark Zuckerberg will outwit our lawmakers and policy formulators leaving Nigerian youths with the short end of the stick again.

I am glad you saw it in my light.... Only If we could be more aware...... Niger Delta comes to mind....
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by victorazy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:

How dare you? angry
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Walelavender(m): 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
salabscholar01:

God bless you. You nailed it!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Litmus: 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
clevadani:
Damn
So just because of political differences, u guys are insulting Mrs Ezekwesili who has achieved more than all your generations put together. I shake my head for u guys. It is a very big shame.
Just reading comments from this thread, it is obvious that commentators from the other side have really low intellectual depth.

I just hope those insulting this woman are elderly people, because if they're young Nigerians then we're in more trouble than we already believe. People would be fooling themselves if they believe that contemporary folks now have dual personalities - a discardable online one and the real everyday one - and never the twains shall meet. You can bet your bottom-box-kobo that the twain will meet, influence one another and corrupt if not erode a little bit of your humanity. Especially if your online persona is troglodyte!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by ogaprime(m): 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kelechi2020:

I am putting my mind together to answer your question cause the answer is quite complex and will need explicit explanations... I hope Seun will take it to fp

Just research the little I have said... Open your mind

Seems like monopoly or something...crushing competitors just to be the overall
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Lakeland4321: 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
salabscholar01:

Don't mind the silly people who always thinks people do things to gain something all the time. Like you said she has sacrificed a lot and she doesn't have to because she is comfortable but she chooses to. I have been following this woman for a long time. From her days in the due process office to min. of solid minerals and then education. In each area she performed excellently well. In education she realized that more than 70% of the ministries budget was going to unity schools (FGC's and FGGC's) and proposed privatizing them. All hell went lose as she was castigated by Nigerians where as she was doing the best thing to stop the wastage and allow private owners upgrade and improve the schools. After the obj tenure World bank appointed her Vice President for Africa (a five year tenure) of which GEJ invited her to join his govt in 2011 but she declined. She is a thorough person and apc wouldn't dare give her an appointment because she will probably turn it down. Assuming she accepts an appointment, she will probable resign or expose the hypocrisy which will greatly embarrass them. Kudos to you Oby. Ezeks you are an Amazon and showing what we all should be doing to send a signal to govt to sit up or ship out!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by SuperBlack: 7:55am On Sep 01, 2016
Cromagnon:
how e con concine you
You Mean #Concern? Buhari could be better than you sef.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by clevadani: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2016
Litmus:

I just hope those insulting this woman are elderly people, because if they're young Nigerians then we're in more trouble than we already believe. People would be fooling themselves if they believe that contemporary folks now have dual personalities - a discardable online one and the real everyday one - and never the twains shall meet. You can bet your bottom-box-kobo that the twain will meet, influence one another and corrupt if not erode a little bit of your humanity. Especially if your online persona is troglodyte!
I couldn't believe what I was reading. Just imagine the amount of insult the woman is receiving just because she is fighting for a cause she believes in on behalf of others.
How many people can do that in this present generation? Most of these people throwing invective on her would not be able to challenge their common SUG in their various schools.
This is the same set of people that will keep saying that the old men refuse to let us be the leaders of tomorrow.
If this is the next set of leaders Africa is grooming, then we don't have any future to look forward to.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Cromagnon: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
SuperBlack:
You Mean #Concern? Buhari could be better than you sef.
wetin you get for waec
pronounce daphne or quay
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Cromagnon: 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
seantunes:

he is
say no to net monopoly
don't give up your future because of free Mb
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by SuperBlack: 8:42am On Sep 02, 2016
Cromagnon:
wetin you get for waec
pronounce daphne or quay
Hahahaha. U wan try me? Oyah cum to Manchester here lets try
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by seantunes(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Cromagnon:
he is
say no to net monopoly
don't give up your future because of free Mb
I support teaching people how to fish than giving them. I know there is nothing free in this world. As a true business man you find solution to problems. Now if he starts his supposed company, there would be job opportunities and the wise ones would be able to further their knowledge about the industry.

Simple

Also the poor are the most corrupt, greedy, just list all bad habits you know.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Cromagnon: 4:22am On Sep 06, 2016
SuperBlack:
Hahahaha. U wan try me? Oyah cum to Manchester here lets try
put your bbm if e sure for you or email and we go put the result for hia o.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Cromagnon: 4:30am On Sep 06, 2016
seantunes:

I support teaching people how to fish than giving them. I know there is nothing free in this world. As a true business man you find solution to problems. Now if he starts his supposed company, there would be job opportunities and the wise ones would be able to further their knowledge about the industry.

Simple

Also the poor are the most corrupt, greedy, just list all bad habits you know.
slavery resemble job opportunity o
i don't think you know what it means to control the information to an ignorant people
it's not your fault
hunger will make a man sell his birthright for a mess of beans
how many ''wise ones'' have come from the oil industry or any industry in nigeria
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by seantunes(m): 1:29am On Sep 29, 2016
Cromagnon:
slavery resemble job opportunity o
i don't think you know what it means to control the information to an ignorant people
it's not your fault
hunger will make a man sell his birthright for a mess of beans
how many ''wise ones'' have come from the oil industry or any industry in nigeria
Its not as if I support zuckerberg plans. Hell no.
I have my own dreams. Still vague though but I believe Mark can hekp with a thing or two. Am sure your knowledge on finance is more on assumption and crazy info from books.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth by Cromagnon: 2:33am On Oct 05, 2016
seantunes:

Its not as if I support zuckerberg plans. Hell no.
I have my own dreams. Still vague though but I believe Mark can hekp with a thing or two. Am sure your knowledge on finance is more on assumption and crazy info from books.
wetin concine me
me i'm ready for the war that is coming
na you go de lament

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries / Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP / Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.