Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks (4756 Views)

Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' / Meet The Nigerian Woman That Built 4 Bedroom Flat From Roasted Corn Business / My Startup Hotels.ng Just Raised $1.2m. Ask Me Anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by ezeagu(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2009
Finecat:

Ko ni ragba fun e. Olosi.

Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka!

[img]http://gr5mom2.files./2009/04/sweaty-palms.jpg[/img]
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Finecat(m): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2009
ezeagu:

Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka! Waka!

Iya ati Baba, eyin omo ale.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by ezeagu(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2009
Finecat:

Iya ati Baba, eyin omo ale.

Ony ara na ra nshi, onye na kpa ntiri, o wu nani gi were asusu?

[size=18pt]Waka![/size] [size=18pt]Shege![/size]

Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by kshow1(m): 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2009
men, i got to hide my head from all these abusive tribalistic missiles flying around grin grin
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by phuckNL: 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2009
Why is this news.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by ezeagu(m): 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2009
phuck_NL:

Why is this news.

Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by lysaa(f): 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2009
success is the follow-up of a choice
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by 1forall: 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2009
I'm sure someday soon Nairaland and moderators 'll quarantine topics with tribal bias (esp on the home page) they always generate snafus(and traffic I guess!!) grin

But we need less strife in our land, I think there are more pressing issues.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by sley4life(m): 12:06am On Oct 05, 2009
Finecat:

Ko ni ragba fun e. Olosi.
Oto nnegi grin
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by ezeagu(m): 12:06am On Oct 05, 2009
lysaa:

success is the follow-up of a choice

lipsrsealed

Kolo mental?
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by baekdoosan(m): 1:00am On Oct 05, 2009
something else was involved. He must have been a part time armed robber or cultist grin grin
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by bidemi12(m): 1:22am On Oct 05, 2009
@baekdoosan Haba why now?
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by MUZBO(m): 1:53am On Oct 05, 2009
koolchicco:

I wonder ooo!Seun abeg unlock .
He locked it because the Op of that thread put tribal sentiments. That one should be deleted from front page sef.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by mekuslogan: 3:04am On Oct 05, 2009
Finecat:

I'm shocked the guy is an Igbo guy, they are not that enterprizing. Most Igbo guys in the western world are in to fraud. There was an Igbo guy arrested the other day in Chicago with 1000 Nike shoes, over 100 credit cards etc. If anybody watch a show called "How to catch a con man" by Chris jenkins all those fraudsters are Igbos. Nkechukwu, Nwosu, Nwoga, Kenechukwu etc.

From all available records, the Yoruba are at least 50% more corrupt than other Nigerian tribes. You only need to check their records here in Nigeria (EFCC, ICPC and others) and also those in UK and US, some of which are available here on NL. One Igbo guy is arrested, 50 Yoruba guys are arrested, so its 1:50. That is the true nature of the beast.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by PON: 3:05am On Oct 05, 2009
igbo man no dey carry last at all.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by nguage(m): 4:31am On Oct 05, 2009
phuck_NL:

Why is this news.

It may not be news to you because you see chewing stick vendors who build houses and send their children to school everyday, or it isn't news to you because it doesn't involve kidnappers and guns. But you should realise that you aren't at the center of the world and what's not news to you is news to other people.

Peace.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by olugbon01(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2009
,mama-gee:

Of course he would make so much money, Nigerians don't like use brush to brush their teeth anymore.

and what about you? are u a Ghanian?
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by baekdoosan(m): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2009
He used chewing sticks to build the house!!! That's the only way.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Rooneyboy(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2009
@ Ezeagu , u no go kill me with laughter.Dont mind them, they no go allow igbos eat food drink water 4 this country.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Rooneyboy(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2009
@ Ezeagu , u no go kill me with laughter.Dont mind them, they no go allow igbos eat food drink water 4 this country.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Rooneyboy(m): 11:15am On Oct 05, 2009
All this öfè mäñú pipo sef, person do legit business ,they complain ,illegal business they also complain ,waytin ? We go die 4 una ?
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by koolchicco: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2009
^^^I taya 4 them my Brother.**Ndi iberibe**
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Nezan(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2009
The guy is a hard working dude.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Sagamite(m): 11:51am On Oct 05, 2009
Well done to the guy for his hard work, diligence and knowledge of his responsibility strive to develop his kids.

But I am still not sure what the journalist terms as "building house". I am aware a hut is a house, even a one-bedroom brick house without a toilet or planning is a house.

This suggests 2 possibilities to me, either the journalist is a useless moronic quack that could not bother to provide a pix of the house OR refusing to show the house is a way to aid the sensationalism as the image of the house will damage that aim.

And to the tribalistic slowpoke called Udezue, I am going to correct you this once based on your stupid, unresearched assertion in the other thread that is the same as this.

udezue:
Rosabelle,

Ms u must be thinking this is 1800 when British arrived in Yoruba land and introduced education. Please don't ever group Igbo and Hausa together again. I no blame u coz u don't know any better but em Igbos have long surpassed Yoruba in education. The whole East don surpass and are rated to be the most educated in Nigeria with highest or only middle class population. Please tell me how on earth are my highly educated ppl now in the same league with some moronic aboki people trailing Yoruba slowly in education? We Igbos n particular and non Igbo of the East are so far ahead u are the one trailing us. Aboki ppl are so far far behind they are the last. Don't forget there is middlebelt.

The tribe of success does not matter much to me but, as usual, the utterances of morons annoys the Bleep out of me to the point I want to embarass them with facts and figures.

Fool, go and do a research on the tribes of the management teams of the top firms and conglomerates in Nigeria, (i.e. areas where education matters and salaries are strong):

- Banks (AGM to Directors)
- Best and most successful Law firms (Partners)
- Telecoms firms (management teams)
- Top IBs and PEs (management teams)
- Foreign multinationals e.g. Unilever, Cadburys, BAT, PwC, Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y, Dunlop etc (management teams)
- Oil firms (management teams)
- Top Insurance firms (management teams)
- Nigerian conglomerates e.g. Transcorp, UAC, Nigerian Breweries, Oando, Churchgate, Dangote etc (management teams)
- Top media publishers (management teams)
- Top Hospitals used by foreigners and the elite in Lagos and Abuja (Owners and top Doctors)
- Even richest Nigerian business men that have not been in politics (although education has little relevance on this).

And come and educate us again on the tribes that are achieving educationally Like if that reduces the price of sugar for me. slowpoke!
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by asha80(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2009
Na wa for nigerians and tribalism.

Anyway this is my take on this constant debate on yoruba vs igbo education even though i believe peeps from edo have a higher educated guys per head when compared to the other two groups

Yorubas are generally more into service oriented jobs while igbo guys are more into running their own individual biz or outfit because they generally do not like working for someone.

I will not use head of organisation or company to judge because yorubas have this affinity for bureaucratic jobs and are likely to continue to go to the top of organistion or company while their igbo counterpat is more likely to go out and run his own outfit or biz because of the same individualistic tag they are known for.

Meaning a igbo guy that is on the same level as a yoruba guy educationally is likely to choose running his own biz outfit or firm no matter how small it is than seeking to get to the top of bigger company or firm as manager for that company or someone.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2009
asha 80:

Na wa for nigerians and tribalism.

Anyway this is my take on this constant debate on yoruba vs igbo education even though i believe peeps from edo have a higher educated guys per head when compared to the other two groups

Yorubas are generally more into service oriented jobs while igbo guys are more into running their own individual biz or outfit because they generally do not like working for someone.

I will not use head of organisation or company to judge because yorubas have this affinity for bureaucratic jobs and are likely to continue to go to the top of organistion or company while their igbo counterpat is more likely to go out and run his own outfit or biz because of the same individualistic tag they are known for.

Meaning a igbo guy that is on the same level as a yoruba guy educationally is likely to choose running his own biz outfit or firm no matter how small it is than seeking to get to the top of bigger company or firm as manager for that company or someone.

I agree with most of your points to be frank. But I disagree with the part of educated Igbo guys being known for running their own business.

Most of the igbo guys that run their own business normally are the uneducated ones (i.e. without University degrees).

And (as you might agree) it is usually small scale but profitable, with very little appetite for growth probably due to wish to retain strong oversight and control.

I think the proportion of grads that enter self-employment will be virtually the same for all tribes, as the desire (after obtaining a degree) would be to set up a professional services firm which is highly dependent on connections.

Most grads think lowly of pure buy and sell after obtaining a degree despite it being profitable.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by asha80(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2009
Well Saga you are right.

However i hate all this debate about being educated or not educated.I am of the school of thought that basic education is that from nursery to secondary which i feel should be compulsory.Anything after that should be left for the individual to decide according to his or her dreams.

One thing i never do is look down on someone without university degree.What i look out for is what that person has done with his or her life as far as the person is into something legitimate.

To be honest with you this my mindset changed when i came to europe.Not all persons without 'education' are successful in life and not all 'uneducated' guys are failures.

I mean look at the pakistanis in Uk for example.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Sagamite(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2009
asha 80:

Well Saga you are right.

However i hate all this debate about being educated or not educated.I am of the school of thought that basic education is that from nursery to secondary which i feel should be compulsory.Anything after that should be left for the individual to decide according to his or her dreams.

One thing i never do is look down on someone without university degree.What i look out for is what that person has done with his or her life as far as the person is into something legitimate.

To be honest with you this my mindset changed when i came to europe.Not all persons without 'education' are successful in life and not all 'uneducated' guys are failures.

I mean look at the pakistanis in Uk for example.

You could not be more right, men. I agree with every point.

I have repeatedly said on the forum that I don't judge people by the amount of education (Masters, Phd etc) they have or which prestigious institution they got it from, I am more interested in their utterances, they way they think and address general issues, and their achievements despite limitations life place on them. That is the true mark of intelligence.

Imagine a slowpoke like Udezue claiming to have affiliation with University of Washington. An absolutely moronic liar, probably he sells their t-shirts.  undecided

If you are in the UK, and watch the BBC programme "The Big Question", there is this guy on it Tim Cross sometimes:

http://www.cmaworld.org/Public/Page_Local.aspx?Id=311

When you listen to what he says, you will know the guy is inch sharp. One of the most intelligent people I like to listen to and he is not some red-brick uni guy.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by lysaa(f): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2009
ezeagu:

lipsrsealed

Kolo mental?

I chose to see the positive side of the story. . tongue
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by ezeagu(m): 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2009
MUZBO:

He locked it because the Op of that thread put tribal sentiments. That one should be deleted from front page sef.

You people are still calling yourselves tribes?
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by oolumide: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2009
Mekuslogan

Stemming from the same topic on another thread (now locked), I would like to comment on those who say the man achieved this feat due to the fact that he lives in Ondo. That is pure hogwash. According to the story, the raw material is sourced in Calabar and not Ondo. That explains why an Ondo man could not duplicate or replicate the same achievement, given that only Igbos (amongst the Nigerian groups) can live in
another area and transact business from yet another area (in this case he is from Ebonyi, lives in Ondo and does business as far away as Calabar). Even Adenuga no feat do am

Again people need to educate themselves on the trend of academic pursuit in present-day Nigeria and the position of the Igbo on the ladder of such a trend.

So, I repeat again that in Nigeria, only an Igbo can do this, otherwise please supply a news report to counter my position.

They locked this topic @ the other side due to tribal comment. But u still came here to raise it. I have never abused anybody on nairaland before, but with all due respect sir, YUO are the most useless, stoborn, idiotic and tribalistic nigeria I have ever seen. It is obvious that you are not educated and u are not worthy of been in this site. angry sad shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World Of Aesthetics #curtains #ralphdaninteriors / Access Bank Declares N56.4bn Profit In 3Q / How Do I Register An Entertainment Company In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.