Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,400 members, 7,846,689 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud - Investment (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud (88008 Views)

‎Avoid Ponzi Schemes! SEC Warns Nigerians / MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by laytoshtwo: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2016
Be wise the fraudsters are also here saying it is real

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by ELITE12(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2016
MORE IMPORTANTLY FORGET WHAT YOU READ ON GOOGLE AND ORDER BLOGS CALLING MMM A SCAM, THEY (GOGGLE & BLOGGERS) ARE PAID TO DO THAT!!!

WE LIVE IN A WICKED WORLD WERE THE WORLDS RESOURCES ARE ENJOYED N CONTROLLED BY A FEW NUMBER OF PEOPLE.

MMM IS HERE TO CHANGE THE WORLD TRUE POWER BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by ephi123(f): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2016
chessguru:
MMM is not a wonder bank, it is not a bank at all, you do not deposit money to MMM as they do not have an account, they simply link participants...... It's a crazy scheme that can crash if get help supercedes provide help but it is certainly different from all the wonder bank things.

Of course, when it is referred to as a wonder bank, we are not saying it is a formal "bank".

In any case, the dog that will get lost never hears the hunter's whistle. Those doing it should continue, and no one should come and open a thread on nairaland when the time comes, because it will surely come.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Kunlegzy(m): 10:22am On Sep 01, 2016
niggi4life:
you are still speaking chinese, simple question, how does MMM make their own profit since they don't accept those money, rather people send this money to each other?
how do Facebook make his money, how do Bloggers make their money?

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by MaziOmenuko: 10:23am On Sep 01, 2016
I read the official statement MMM south Africa put up when it collapsed there. You know what, they were blaming the govt the press and the bankers for envying them and making the system to collapse; This is the same thing that is about to happen in Nigeria here very soon. That you got paid 26k out of your 20k doesn't mean the system won't fail. It will surely fail and guess what, you lot will still be here supporting the system when it fails and blaming the Nigerian govt and banks for conniving to frustrate MMM.

You think because they don't have a bank account means it is genuine? Very gullible felas. Shey there is rank and file in the system and some people rise to guiders and the rest? What stops them from matching you with an agent's account? You will still pay into the agent's account and still stay here and be shouting that they don't have an account.

Anyway, the average Nigerian is myopic, of course you will get paid and you will keep screaming it is real and you will introduce other people to the system, that's why you got paid, so u can bring others into it.

Cc: ogawisdom, shayhune... Kindly mark my words.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by ogawisdom(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
I read the official statement MMM south Africa put up when it collapsed there. You know what, they were blaming the govt the press and the bankers for envying them and making the system to collapse; This is the same thing that is about to happen in Nigeria here very soon. That you got paid 26k out of your 20k doesn't mean the system won't fail. It will surely fail and guess what, you lot will still be here supporting the system when it fails and blaming the Nigerian govt and banks for conniving to frustrate MMM.

You think because they don't have a bank account means it is genuine? Very gullible felas. Shey there is rank and file in the system and some people rise to guiders and the rest? What stops them from matching you with an agent's account? You will still pay into the agent's account and still stay here and be shouting that they don't have an account.

Anyway, the average Nigerian is myopic, of course you will get paid and you will keep screaming it is real and you will introduce other people to the system, that's why you got paid, so u can bring others into it.

Cc: ogawisdom, shayhune... Kindly mark my words.

Y r u drinking panadol for another man's headache, it only takes 3.5months to break even @ 30% per month if u r nt greedy n mmm has been paying since January 2016. It means 3.5 months after u joined u have gotten back ur money n has nothing to lose again. Even a complete idiot. Kws mmm will collapse b4 long but there is money to b made there for d smart n risk takers.

Infact my prediction is dt mmm will collapse in December 2016 BC they may nt cope with d massive GH they will get in Dec, I will bail out in Nov n watch them.

Those dt mmm will hurt are those dt keep increasing their investment capital BC it pays, I pity them, d greedy guys undecided they PH 100k then 200k then 500k then 1m. Go with wat u can afford to lose n resist d temptation to increase ur investment capital n u will soon break even

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by dayleke: 10:29am On Sep 01, 2016
Re: Nospetco Oil And Gas Ltd (Anxious Investors/Friends) by page9(m): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2013
It was unfortunate that you all invested in the hyip of nospetco like others similar pony schemes of that era.

I was lucky not to have been swayed by some of my close associates who made some good money at the early stage.

While I pray that you all recover your lost funds, my candid opinion going by the quality of leadership we have in this country, you should pray for the best and expect the worst.

In other words, don't put so much hope on the recovery less you get disappointed second time.

But learn from the experience, tame your greed, be more careful and move on. Remember, when it is too good to be true, it is usually not true

Best of luck to you all

REMEMBER THIS?!!!!

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by tuniski: 10:32am On Sep 01, 2016
chessguru:
MMM does not have a central account and does not collect your money, so the issue of fraud is suspect...... The system may not last for ever but it will not be because they closed shop and run away with your cash because you do not pay money to them
They will close shop and run away in less than 12months from now! Ponzi is Ponzi no two explanation. MMM is a Ponzi and 30% return in a month is a fraud meant for the gullible!

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by MaziOmenuko: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2016
longerthroat:
why did MMM fail in both Russia and USA?

And of most recently, South Africa. Peeps don't ask basic questions like you just did. Even when the evidence stares in their faces, they still find a way to defend the system.

They got paid 30% interest in their 20k, that's why they are encouraging a system that is designed to fail.

Shey na person dey do the matching? Shey na person dey for system dey monitor people wey no fit render help so as to ban them? Yet you claim they don't have an account. If it is a help, why are people being banned for not meeting up to the help?

Cc: acidosis, I'm quite disappointed in your stance. But then, you have the right to your opinion. But being a regular and a renowned nairalander, you should know better than encouraging peeps into this scheme as I believe a lot of people know and reckown with your handle.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Levi16: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2016
mykel25:

No one is forcing you to leave....i can see you are fully convinced by it....- have done extensive research on it aand I saw a chance for it to be the biggest scam in social media....it ll get to a point they will match you with a personal account (acct of MMM organisers) that you should give the money to....remember it is termed HELP....so in court of law they cud use their terms n condition to win you, thinking deep you should ask yourself where ll they make the 30% interest given to you....surely some people ll be at d receiving end.....My thought tho!

My man you have the best answer so far! They simply use site admin access to engineer and ask for help and the one providing help calls the agent number on the very account and surely the agent will answer after all he is also 'participating' but with a bigger pay for being an agent! Nigerians killing Nigerians since 50BC. Be wise my people these people are milking us seriously, when they can't sustain the heat, they will run or when the agents expose the plot.....wait ooo as long as the agents are getting paid would they talk? grin cool

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by chessguru(m): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2016
Johnrake69:

I think you're more enlightened about the scheme than most people I know who are hell bent on getting scammed. Now, do you sincerely believe that the process of determining who gets help can't be manipulated by Mavrodi? Mavrodi and his team could be playing with millions of dollars on the scheme. And it's most likely that they will be paid before any other member. And that is the scam.

MMM and the banking system run on the same principle of credit creation, in the sense that the amount of credit created within the system will never be repaid cos the money does not exist in the first place. The upper hand the bank has is that tax payers money will always come to the rescue.
your point is very valid and I do not put all my trust in this system, especially because of the record of the founder he can not be completely trusted, yet I registered for it
Why? Because I figured out a way to do so at minimum Risk..... I put in 100 k got back 230 k after three months then put in 100 k which was part of my initial gain so now I stand to lose absolutely nothing even if the program crashes tomorrow the true lovers will be the the greedy man who decides to put in all his eggs in one basket..... All his savings...... The greedy man is indeed an endangered spicie........ As for me I have put my self in a situation where I can not lose my own money yet I get money from MMM. It's called sense..... I know it's not common
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by bengunsman(m): 10:39am On Sep 01, 2016
mckoolcharming:

http://m.punchng.com/online-fraudsters-hit-capital-market-sec-warns/

Rurbish I have been paid big time.. If u need the eBook on how to register and be familiar with the website watsapp me on 0-8-1-7-3-9-2-7-1-5-7. Its free
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by natakin(f): 10:39am On Sep 01, 2016
Nnaabros:
[size=15pt]Damn! The way proponents of this scheme are ready to defend it even with their lives is very surprising. They defend it so much that they are even ready to sacrifice their lives for it. See the fury, anger and frenzy with which they crush anything or anyone that speaks negatively about MMM. THE LURE OF EASY MONEY IS THE STRONGEST TRAP IN THE WORLD [/size]

That's the reason why you need to step back 5x5 and listen without bias to what this people are saying....and am sure you know that the media is full of lies...listen to parties...read about MMM...(i mean the true MMM story)...

Please reach me through my profile...and you will understand what the clamor is about...
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Em5(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2016
You were warned, Simple
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by richard16(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2016
Am just laughing at some people...after dey wil say nigerian's re wise nt knowing hw foolish some are.... U ventured into MMM without reading de history abot it?? De background check.... Do u knw dat de founder av bin 2 jail 4 defrauding millions 4rm people..... Hahahaha indeed "my people die cox of lack of knowledge" After dey wil cum here nd call Buhari names......nt knowing dey re de real dullard

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by ediko5(m): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2016
Before I can accept that MMM is a scam according to the Nigerian Security & Exchange Commission SEC, then MMM must have a central account/bank account where all the investors pay their money into.

Also how would MMM scam Nigerians when they are not in possession of any of the invested funds ?

The invested funds are in the individual's bank account, so my question to those calling MMM fraud is;

How would MMM defruad Nigerians or run away with their investment when an MMM investor makes his/her investment directly into another MMM investor's account?

Before SEC who is responsible for the collapse of our great stock market start accussing a working and perfect system. They should first of all return the money so many Nigerians have lost in the stock market.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by sisqology(m): 10:46am On Sep 01, 2016
aminho:
oga take it or leave it i lost 500k naira on mmm its a fraud

How did you lose it please
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by ELITE12(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2016
longerthroat:
why did MMM fail in both Russia and USA?
MMM IS STILL VERY ACTIVE IN RUSSIA AND USA

MMM HAS MORE 30MILLION PEOPLE WORLD WIDE
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Ranchhoddas: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2016
OVERCONFIDENCE:
Yes MMM is fraud
Yes MMM is a ponzi scheme.
Yes the founder of MMM is wanted.
Yes MMM will soon collapse.
Yes MMM is unrealistic.
Yes MMM participants are lazy people.
Yes MMM participants are gullible.
Yes Nigerians don't learn from history.
But,
Yes MMM is a system of financial freedom.
Yes MMM pays 30% of your spare money.
Yes MMM pays back your spare money within 3 Months.
Yes MMM allows you to earn free money with free money after 3 months.
Yes MMM gives you peace of mind $ confidence to reprovide help and get help for the next 50 years comfortably.
Yes MMM pays the bills conveniently.
Yes MMM will last long for the next 50 years.
I use this medium to advise every participant old and new, not to be greedy, set a target for yourself, for instance, you start up with a spare money of N100,000 in September, it's obvious that at the end of November,you must have recouped your money. It's very wise of you to still continue with your N100,000 Which is your profit over the last three months and get help continuously based on that for atleast three months before you increase your donation. With these idea MMM will last for ever because at this point there is no panic or pressure simply because you are now using free money to get free money. Let's all adopt this idea.
Thank you.
Mr Man, whatever money you make is from people who would never get their money back. So it's a case of steal or be stolen from. No matter how you try to sugar-coat it, it's the truth.

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Levi16: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2016
ediko5:
Before I can accept that MMM is a scam according to the Nigerian Security & Exchange Commission SEC, then MMM must have a central account/bank account where all the investors pay their money into.

Also how would MMM scam Nigerians when they are not in possession of any of the invested funds ?

The invested funds are in the individual's bank account, so my question to those calling MMM fraud is;

How would MMM defruad Nigerians or run away with their investment when an MMM investor makes his/her investment directly into another MMM investor's account?

Before SEC who is responsible for the collapse of our great stock market start accussing a working and perfect system. They should first of all return the money so many Nigerians have lost in the stock market.
Have you thought about possibility of connivance with their Nigerian agents and web admin to channel some of the PH to their own local accounts? This is the loophole. Think. A web admin will understand my point easily.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by pippimp(m): 11:01am On Sep 01, 2016
moendowed:

From what I see, MMM doesn't need registration with CAC, SEC or any govt body since it is strictly online and operates no physical offices in Nigeria, unless there is a law regulating the cyber spaces against online communities such as MMM.

It's a Nigerian thing. If there isn't, there should be. When the public's money is solicited for, then it must be regulated. Nigeria does not do things the right way. I guarantee you, it will not end well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Investdata Market Updates For Investors And Traders Forum / EFCC Responds To User Who Called Them Out Over MMM Crash / Quick personal loans for salary earners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.