Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,180 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market (32311 Views)

BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW / #TheOtherRoom Now Trending As Nigerians React Over President Buhari’s Comment / Kachikwu Apologizes For ‘magician’ Remark, Promises To End Fuel Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by tiwiex(m): 1:17am On Sep 02, 2016
caprini1:
what I don't understand is that prices of goods and services in neighboring countries like Togo and Benin is still the same,but when you go there with our money ,you will really understand how bad and almost valueless our naira has become.

I haven't been to those places but I suspect you are right. APC runs in campaign mode all the time. We have been screaming decline in Oil prices for some time now. Na only we dey this world? Why is our case so bad. And no one should say diversificatio. That is the propaganda we have bought for so long. We can do better in those areas but is it really that bad? How many people work in Oil and Gas anyway? Yet we keep saying we are dependent on Oil only. This is just mismanagement, bad policies and flip flops. But as campaign mode people, they keep spewing propaganda. Why has dollar price not found it's level yet? Keeps increasing by a few digits everyday. Why shut down all those big banks from the forex marker for an issue you could have discussed behind closed door then shortly after reopen them? That has helped speed the fall of the naira. Our government seem to act like enemies of the stat so far. Like cutting off your nose to spite your face. The banks are a part of our economy. Niger Delta stability is good for the economy. TSA in the banks is better than being in CBN for our economy (some can argue agianst that but remember I said the banks are part of our economy) so why punish ourselves by mopping money from ourselves into redundancy. TSA was a good idea but at the time oil prices were low, it should have been a no no or they should have done some scenario analysis. Na so so trial and error. I won't be surprised if the TSA is even reversed to save the economy too. God help us by giving our leaders wisdom. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by tiwiex(m): 1:19am On Sep 02, 2016
olagamalin:
Exactly, I hope the pride of our leaders won't put us in a mess. Take the Zuckerberg visit for issue ....he was here for two days, no record of any one from that Communications ministry led by that heavily bearded muslim cleric.

Yet he got to kenya today.... And he had a meeting with their young et Vibrant Communications minister dissecting critical issues.

You know a Nation is in trouble when a Dj,comedian,actors and actresses constitute the main delegation that received the 6th Richest man in the GLOBE.

Word. The last part make sense.
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by TheVictorious(m): 2:04am On Sep 02, 2016
bashydemy1:

There's no way we will be talking about this current situation of our economy without mention the previous administration of GEJ.. We always remember the bad people. are people not still talking about Abacha? are not still remembering how OBJ saved alot of money when price of crude oil was high? Let assume OBJ also squandered and shared the money he saved then what will Yaradua might have done? what will GEJ met in the treasury before they started sharing it..

Before we can start blaming PMB that will be until crude oil price rise to how it is during GEJ then we will know how he will utilise the money without sharing like GEJ.

It is people like you that politicians like Buhari are fast to take advantage of because you don't ask questions and you don't hold people responsible fort their words. I don't mean to insult you please.

The predictions showed that oil prices will fall drastically yet Buhari still went ahead to base his estimations on oil even before the elections because the electorate will never ask questions. Even with the fallen oil prices, Buhari is still looking for oil in the north. Why? You won't ask questions!

Buhari was advised to float the naira before december last year but he refused and the economy suffered for that. He later floated it after the harm was done. Thank God he did anyway, I will still commend that decision. That you ask questions or hold a different opinion from the elected officer doesn't mean that you don't support him. There is what is called constructive criticism and even if the elected officer is right in his decision, he should be accountable to the electorate but not my country.

I don't have to always agree with your decisions to show that I support you! This is why instead of saying sensible things and quoting statistical data and scientifically calculated predictions, all Buhari do is to come out and start prophesying. He did this before the elections (check the attached picture) and he still keeps doing it even now.

Please wake up and begin to hold the elected officer for his words and actions. He said it and now it is not doable and now you are using the past administration to defend him. If it is not doable, it is not worth being said. But by the way, I don't understand, why are you defending him if not your sentiments?

Well, Buhari doesn't even know the meaning of factual predictions to start with, I doubt if he knows the meaning of inflation, upholding the rule of law and many other things (I should just stop here). He just took advantage of the state of the nation to get into power. I won't play the same politicians game on the case of Bokoharam because this is what has been, people shouldn't use issues of grave national concern like this to gain cheap political credit, although Buhari did so for Jonathan. Jonathan's sympathizer's are doing the same for Jonathan now which is bad. This is an issue of national concern. Now Buhari understands better. I always ask myself if Buhari could speak against Bokoharam like he does now if he were not the president of Nigeria (ask yourself this question from the knowledge of who he was when Jonathan was in power) and if he will still stand up against Bokoharam if he's no longer the president of the country.

Although I think Jonathan is a better person than Buhari (my opinion though, I respect yours too!); but I did not vote for anyone of them in the past election.

I also asked you if Buhari is the best option we could get now for you to be defending him vehemently like this on social media; even when I know that you ain't ejoying the dividends of good governance.

I will ask you a final question sir. The naira is falling in value, inflation is on the rise (every type of inflation!), the economy is falling so bad by all indices, fulani herdsmen are killing with impunity, bloggers were arrested for having a contrary view etc. yet you still blame the past government; Has Buhari ever done anything that is wrong to you

Meanwhile vote for queen_omalicha01 (contestant11) as AdaIgbo of UNILAG.......https://www.instagram.com/p/BJxc1P3hx7T/

Wait till I become the president of Nigeria and see how things should be. THANKS!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by preselect(m): 2:53am On Sep 02, 2016
[size=28pt]Buhari is not a magician. . . . . . he is a dullard [/size]

[size=13pt]and for those of you blockheads that keep supporting this evil dullard from daura, you are beginning to sound like Germans of the 3rd Reich who kept chanting Mein Fuhrer, Herr Hitler etc with every military defeat, every socio-political deprivation, every expansion of dictatorship until Germany was utterly destroyed.

Keep supporting this mumu from Daura. . . . . . . He doesnt know zilch about the economy. Corruption war that he has a chance, he has been recklessly unable to effectively tackle corruption. . . .

tell me, what good is this calamity from daura? what is it he's good for? . . . . absolutely nothing. . .[/size]

#WhatIsItHeIsGoodFor
#AbsolutelyNothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKaP-2zkOM

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by pippimp(m): 3:49am On Sep 02, 2016
abokibuhari:
God! come and save your people

Your comment is the number one problem in Nigeria. Nigerians are waiting for someone to come and help them solve a problem that they caused, are causing, and will continue to cause. Is it God littering the streets, or collecting bribe, or conducting jungle justice? The funny thing is, these problems are solvable but the mentality in Nigeria has degraded to an unbelievable level that only God grin can help them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by tit(f): 5:26am On Sep 02, 2016
buhari is a dan iska,
everybody in daura know it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by jay7(m): 6:16am On Sep 02, 2016
Chubhie:
All the promises buhari made during the campaigns are likened to promises a man makes on top a lady at the point while offloading his wild oats.

Badt guy
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by entparrot(f): 7:21am On Sep 02, 2016
bashydemy1:

Why is it that most of you ladies reason like a fish? How is GEJ a democrats? for wasting our resources on election? Maybe democrat now has another mean.... I think first thing you need to ask is how did we get to out current economy recession? Mind recession is affecting all OPEC nations.. Oh.. do you even know what i mean by OPEC nations? They are oil producing nations. This is affecting Russia, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Iran etc but their ability to make hay while the sun is shining is what they are living on today, They could be able to safe then and they are enjoying now.. But that your same GEJ instead of saving, They started sharing the money and looting to the extent of him coming on air to say stealing is not corruption.. How did we get to vote in GEJ in the first place? we need to blame OBJ for this.

Go to court and nailed GEJ for corruption, then I will take you serious. Stop telling me we are in the same situation with other oil producing countries, because none of them has this terrible inflation of over 250%, they have not lost their currency value up to 150%.

We know oil crashing was going to affect opec countries, and it started in 2014, but how you are able to manage it is very important.

GEJ manage the economy situation very well, to compare this hausa man mismanagement.

They keep telling us there is hope, they should show us proof of what they are doing, so they wont be giving us false hope.

Oil price is now 48$ still no sign of recovery.
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by diteh(m): 7:33am On Sep 02, 2016
1 dollar to 425 useless naira
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by captap02: 8:17am On Sep 02, 2016
GossipHeart:
Wow
Thank you lord
But all the praises , worships and gratitude goes to Buhari
I will forever worship Buhari
Look at how he made a poor boy like me a millionaire in just 10 months
$1000 = 400 thousand naira
$10,000 = 4 million naira

I love Buhari so much

You are just a million in figure, in purchasing power and other expenditure you are still a poor man. you are just like a Zimbabwe who is calling himself a billionaire
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by bashydemy1: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2016
entparrot:

Go to court and nailed GEJ for corruption, then I will take you serious. Stop telling me we are in the same situation with other oil producing countries, because none of them has this terrible inflation of over 250%, they have not lost their currency value up to 150%.

That's why i said your thinking is like that of a fish, What happen when EFCC is about to invite GEJ? was that not the same period your brothers started bombing pipelines? You see why you need to remove that plots of land on your head so you can be able to thinking like a sane human, Why will other Oil producing countries have terrible inflation when they never depend on foreign good like us?

Tell me what did Russia import? What did Saudi Arabia import, What did Iran import? almost nothing instead they exports goods. People are in hajj for now do you know how much that will fetch the Saudi Arabia Government? DO you know how positive that will affect the Saudi Arabia economy?

entparrot:

We know oil crashing was going to affect opec countries, and it started in 2014, but how you are able to manage it is very important.

Thank God you know oil crashing is going to affect all OPEC Nations as far back as 2014, Now tell me what did you Error of a president do to diversify then? Did he bother to safe at all for a dry days like this? No instead they started sharing all the money raining dollars up and down.

entparrot:

GEJ manage the economy situation very well, to compare this hausa man mismanagement.

Now tell me how did GEJ manage the economy? by borrowing to run the economy when they lavish what they have from crude oil? Do you know GEJ Govt borrow to pay salary about a week to handing over?

entparrot:

They keep telling us there is hope, they should show us proof of what they are doing, so they wont be giving us false hope.

Yes there's hope if your likes can shut your gutter you call mouth and give the Govt time to work and diversify the economy.

Yes there's hope if your born throway brothers can stop bombing pipelines so the Govt get enough crude to be able to manage the economy till diversification take full effect on our economy...

Goodmorning.

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by bashydemy1: 9:59am On Sep 02, 2016
entparrot:

Below is how other countries reserve and how long they can manage it to run their budget..

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by tymgotel: 10:20am On Sep 02, 2016
amtaken:
Buhari is not a magician yet he promised us heaven on earth. If I hear!
no mind this idiot
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by Sinkills: 11:02am On Sep 02, 2016
byrron:

The assertion above is more like a confirmation that all those that believed bubu`s campaign promises where he promised all sorts of impossible things and voted based on those promissory illusion are all Foolishians!
I think most of the people who voted for president Buhari in 2015 did so out of sheer hatred for former president Jonathan and because power MUST return to the Muslim North with the Southwest playing a second fiddle (it was a better bargain for them). You can observe that they are ready to defend the current president over the same issues for which the former was severely criticized. But I thank God it is so now. If not, the popular notion would have been "If Buhari had been allowed to rule, Nigeria would have become a paradise by now". It is well.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by ebenholer(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2016
Does that mean we need magician to fix up Nigeria? Beside, when last did buhari cry for this nation? I think during election, and now he smiles always. I don't tink he knows that things have become worst than he met them in 2015.
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by BraniacX(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
charliman2012:
Tinubu and Obasonja realy fool people from the west, Mbaka from the east and Amechi from the south.

Amaechi and mbaka failed!! The S.S & S.E knew berra cheesy
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by entparrot(f): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
I wont make the same mistake again, APC is a scam.
Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by thedarkside: 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
989900:

Ignorance is bliss.

by destroying what i wrote,means,you prefer the black-market more than cbn??...

whatever...i have too much monikers on nairaland anyways.-....

i will keep my cool.....i am loosing control over monikers on nairaland-----................

you have to register a new email-account the all time....boring business...

imagine....my first moniker is banned for a half year...a 1/2 year!!!!...imagine!...i dont take rubbish from nobody..... angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Buhari Is Not A Magician Trending As Naira Hits N425/$ At Black Market by BraniacX(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
bashydemy1:
How do you define who is power drunk? Is it someone who went to break the vault (Foreign reserve) cos of his reelection or what?

In Politics truly you look for your opponents faults and a times you blame them for what they are doing right.. But GEJ lack the ability to be a leader, If he was ask to go and sit down he will sit down, If them ask am to stand up he will stand up.. They advice him to ignore OBJ and the likes and he did the same.. They ask him to stop attacks on Boko Haram and he listen to them, They ask him to let them share the $2.1 billion meant for arms and he just do what ever they say that not a leader.. Since all of you have been crying and shouting did PMB change his way? That's where you know this man have a vision and have something he is planing to do..

I never knew stupidity of the written variant could come of being pseudo poetic undecided
Congrats! Clap for yourself

Now grow a brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sule Lamido, Shehu Sani & Others Escapes Azman Air Disaster In Abuja / Tinubu To Buhari: You Truly Belong To Everybody, And Nobody / Senator Abu Ibrahim Escapes Lynching In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.