Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video (29558 Views)

Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by goldman777: 9:41am On Sep 02, 2016
If every nigerian could speak out like this nigeria wont be in a senseless recession like this.we need more youths like this to change the bleak future of nigeria undecided.silence gives power to mediocracy
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by danosky91(m): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2016
Sveen:
I blame the guy for his predicament. He is wise enough to write a lengthy epistle about his varsity, thereby subjecting the School and it's authorities into abject ridicule and disrespect, as if that wasn't enough, he went ahead and threaten them that he is untouchable, and then including his name in his write-up in the process. Ergo, i daresay he had it coming. No be only microcosm you go see, na micro-organism.

Cc. lalasticlala
y blame he never told u he was in any predicament.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Shekson(m): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2016
Many have come and gone in the Aluta sphere. He isn't the first and will definitely not be the last. I commend his courage and salute his bravery. But there are better ways to make ur grievances felt.
Aluta has been around since ages. And nau our administration still gets worse. Many of our current leaders were Aluta agitators themselves while at skul. Hut now, they seem to have lost it. Why sacrifice ursef?
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2016
Not my employment

You don't need to have a three igit IQ to tell you that
shoyemiayodeji:

Is it your employment?

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Businessideas: 9:50am On Sep 02, 2016
charix:
The truth is, this young man should kiss his dreams of graduating from UNILAG goodbye -- it's too late to turn the hand of time.

Although I see this as commendable it is still recklessness to the nth degree. If he practiced the art of anonymity he would've kept the school staff guessing while reaping the benefits of paid school fees.
At this point in time only private universities would enroll him of which he has to start all the way from first year. I do not envy him nor do I wish any relative of mine to emulate his actions.
Not UNILAG. His predecessors like Sowore did far worse yet they still graduated. The university Senate will be divided on his case and some lecturers,especially Alumni lecturers who are in the majority, will even bring him under their wings for mentoring.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by danosky91(m): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2016
The guy is nt only tired of nigeria educational system but i think he is gt backings and admission into a foreign university that would appreciate his intelletual abilities.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2016
Yes, he cannot surmount the forces against him. His approach is very foolish. He has succeeded in ruining himself. He could have presented his case in a much better way, he would have been a blessing to pass his message across and keep his student status.

ofemigeorge:

Civil? Civil..... grin wen their rights as student to enjoy basic amenities has been seized/held back.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Snow5(m): 9:53am On Sep 02, 2016
charix:
The truth is, this young man should kiss his dreams of graduating from UNILAG goodbye -- it's too late to turn the hand of time.

Although I see this as commendable it is still recklessness to the nth degree. If he practiced the art of anonymity he would've kept the school staff guessing while reaping the benefits of paid school fees.
At this point in time only private universities would enroll him of which he has to start all the way from first year. I do not envy him nor do I wish any relative of mine to emulate his actions.

And you think in Nigeria life is all bout being a graduate?

This guy will Excell even without a certificate... Quote me anywhere...

Who school help for this country?..

12 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2016
Are you saying that his predecessors called their tutors names too? undecided Even if they did, how many of them ended up being like Sowore?

Businessideas:

Not UNILAG. His predecessors like Sowore did far worse yet they still graduated. The university Senate will be divided on his case and some lecturers,especially Alumni lecturers who are in the majority, will even bring him under their wings for mentoring.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2016
daretodiffer:
Not my employment

You don't need three digit IQ to tell you that

Sorry oooo
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Snow5(m): 9:57am On Sep 02, 2016
[quote author=Jethrolite post=49003826]I love the guts of this guy but he lacks strategy and is undermining his opponents. In the end, he will beg.

The last guy that behaved like this in my uni days was rustic ates for 8 semesters and a memo sent to all Nigerian universities not to give him admission. He actually got the rustic action while I was in secondary school but I believe he resumed 300L while I was in final year. The severity of the situation has not dawned on this young man yet. [/quote

U think if he gat no certificate or all Universities in Nigeria refused giving him admission would make him fail in life?

I pitty the lives of those professors and those self acclaimed PhD holders... Thier life will not end well if what this guy says is true...

And Hey... This guy will exceed In all endeavours of his life.. Not getting a certificate won't make him poor... He is not dumb!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by manikspears: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2016
cowards will say this guy shouldn't speak his mind forgetting that a mute man's destiny is misfortune,we really need a revolution in this country(revolution doesn't have to be violent).these current leaders destroyed what they enjoyed,took away what they were given from us.i can remember during GEJ's era a goat came out to utter rubbish that Nigerian graduates are not employable on NTA,how will students under such conditions be and you expect the best from them?to go school now is wahala,no free textbook(thank God for the internet),the hostels are terrible because they(the authorities) wont renovate them so that the students would be pushed to rent an apartment(which is usually owned by their cohorts) off campus which is insanely expensive. curriculum sef is outdated.shiiiiior undecided

3 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Businessideas: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2016
Greatest Akokite doing Nigerian Students proud since 1962
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Businessideas: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2016
daretodiffer:
Are you saying that his predecessors called their tutors names too? undecided Even if they did, how many of them ended up being like Sowore?

He just made himself clear by saying that the society expects more from his lecturers and if they don't deliver, the investment made to them amounts to a waste.
Check the history of UNILAG, even right from the era of Professor Awoniyi, Prof Akin Adesola, they always have people and students like this.There was even Olusegun Maiyegun who wears a natural heavy fearsome dreadlock and was the predecessor of Sowore. UNILAG has its history and tradition and clearly a matured university,not just a first class first generation university by mouth.
Don't you see that Sowore is already giving him his Sahara reporters platform to push Femi's struggle.
This is UNILAG. They are masters at objective and constructive aluta and they always get what they want!!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by adrusa: 10:07am On Sep 02, 2016
He should have been expelled straight away as I'm sure he really doesn't want a degree from the conclave of ignoramus that he thinks the UNILAG Senate is. Raw bravery without tact and sense is absolute lunacy. He deserved what he got.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by BlackOnassis(m): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2016
daretodiffer:
Yes, he cannot surmount the forces against him. His approach is very foolish. He has succeeded in ruining himself. He could have presented his case in a much better way, he would have been a blessing to pass his message across and keep his student status.

He hasn't ruined himself in the eyes of those who have integrity. We've got to stop being cowards about our future.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Businessideas: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2016
adrusa:
He should have been expelled straight away as I'm sure he really doesn't want a degree from the conclave of ignoramus that he thinks the UNILAG Senate is. Raw bravery without tact and sense is absolute lunacy. He deserved what he got.
Really? shocked
Then UNILAG would never have produced the likes of Sowore!!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by AsoRockz01(m): 10:11am On Sep 02, 2016
cekhoe:
on point, too many misplaced priorites in this country

I dey tell you and the guy in question is quite brainny.
Guts over fear.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by adrusa: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2016
Businessideas:

Really? shocked
Then UNILAG would never have produced the likes of Sowore!!

Oh, Sowore called the UNILAG Senate a conclave of ignoramus and described his professors as daft? Can you give me a link? Being an activist is different from being abusive.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by BlackOnassis(m): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2016
osibenaezekiel:
I must say on this platform that the likes of this guy is what we need in our society. It will be a thing of joy to me as a person to associate with this guy. The likes of him are ghandi,Mandela,Luther king of yesterday. I think as a youth we have to begin to damn consequences in this country. So that we don't end up becoming generations of COWARDS.

Thanks for your post. Are you seeing how some people are condemning this guy? Unbelievable!

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by den504: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2016
adrusa:

If only we had less people like you and more like him, Nigeria and the whole of African would be Great.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Businessideas: 10:22am On Sep 02, 2016
adrusa:

Oh, Sowore called the UNILAG Senate a conclave of ignoramus and described his professors as daft? Can you give me a link? Being an activist is different from being abusive.
Please put the word in the right perspective so you will not give a generalized interpretation to the word 'Ignoramus'.He never said Prof Bello is ignorant in Chemical Engineering,his religion or family vocations. He just proved that as far as the main issue that led to the peaceful protest remain unadressed,his professors are either outrightly ignorant of the main issue or pretending to be ignorant of the main issue that led to the peaceful protest. He called them out to defend that tag they gave the public based on their actions.
Femi is a bright clearheaded young man, he is well grounded in his thought process and highly intelligent. The management should have seen it coming by not addressing the main issue instead of rushing to weild the stick of rustication. In case you don't know the venue of that Femi's interview in the video,that is the front of the Senate building where the VC office is located and the building right behind him is the University of Lagos Senate Council Chambers!!!
How many universities in Nigeria will allow that? This is UNILAG not all these glorified secondary schools calling themselves universities
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by bethyz(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2016
Our learner are just too proud to accept the truth. The society has changed when student don't say anything and allow elders to make such decision. People are talking . This boy better keep talking someone is watching to pick him up. But his mouth will put him in trouble ooo
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 02, 2016
If exposing a crime is said to be a crime; then it is safe to say we are being ruled by criminals. d talk burst my head
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by bethyz(m): 10:26am On Sep 02, 2016
Our leaders are just too proud to accept the truth. The society has changed when student don't say anything and allow elders to make decision for us. People are talking . This boy better keep talking someone is watching to pick him up. But his mouth will put him in trouble ooo
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 02, 2016
adrusa:
nonsense

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by adrusa: 10:28am On Sep 02, 2016
den504:

If only we had less people like you and more like him, Nigeria and the whole of African would be Great.

Just like your hero. It is only stupid people who think that they need to insult people to make their case. Young man, you can make your case, even forcefully, without descending into the murky water of abuse. You can disagree with people without becoming disagreeable. Apparently you and your immature hero find that simple concept difficult to grasp. But you will be doing yourself a great favour by learning that. It is a skill you will need if you hope to relate with people, seniors and juniors alike, at workplaces and in the larger society.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 02, 2016
omonla555:

"i'd love to give him scholarship to phd level" or I would have loved?

I there any difference?
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Jethrolite(m): 10:32am On Sep 02, 2016
[quote author=Snow5 post=49005212][/quote]This is a person we're talking about here and we should remember that firstly he has a family, especially a mother. Secondly, he has chosen the path of education. Thirdly, be realistic, so you think it is easy to switch from educationist to hustler or business person. If you were in his shoes, would you have the guts or shoe such stupidity to go as far as he has gone? From his looks you can see he is from an average Nigerian family, by average, I mean the definition of average Nigerian family by the world Bank. Like I said, he totally lacks strategy because this fight is one he will hardly win. Instead of arguing over this, let's see the eventual outcome.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 02, 2016
for your economic model computation and those econometrics rubbish theories you teach your students.

This is not project planning class where you come to disturb students with your unending battery of questions

The Nation’s investment of knowledge on you to make you a scholar is a WASTE. Your first class honours degree is the true definition of a FIASCO.

They are PhD holders. I call them ACADEMIC IGNORAMUSES! .

Are there no “common sense” persons in the management anymore? .

Are you saying that because it ended well for some of them, it would automatically end well for him? You will be surprised. The guy is foolish, you can't argue with that. I have seen other Aluta struggles, read the things they have to say but I have hardly criticise them because they were the definition of constructive and diplomacy which are totally lacking in this fool. Nobody in his right mind would want to be associated with him, he is too impulsive, too arrogant and too tactless to be listened too. Yes, his grievances are real but the way he presented them makes him a fool. He is not addressing his fellow mates. These are his tutors for goodness sake and these are people who can cause a considerable damage to his future unless of course he is exceptionally bright to develop himself without formal education or financially capable to end up in a foreign University.

Left to me, he would be rusticated not for 4 semesters but for life until he becomes remorseful. Ain't the type of youth I would want to lead me nor want to occupy a strategic position in this nation. Before you crucify me, I have been an advocate right from high school but I try as much as possible to be tactful in my approach and when I am not, I often apologise.

Businessideas:

He just made himself clear by saying that the society expects more from his lecturers and if they don't deliver, the investment made to them amounts to a waste.
Check the history of UNILAG, even right from the era of Professor Awoniyi, Prof Akin Adesola, they always have people and students like this.There was even Olusegun Maiyegun who wears a natural dreadlock and was the predecessor of Sowore. UNILAG has its history and tradition and clearly a matured university,not just a first class first generation university by mouth.
Don't you see that Sowore is already giving him his Sahara reporters platform to push Femi's struggle.
This is UNILAG. They are masters at objective and constructive aluta and they always get what they want!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims / Unilag Masters Student Or About To Apply 4masters Meet Here / The List Of Universities That Accept Ijmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.