Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos (7229 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Building Demolished In Abuja (Video, Photo) / The Gangup Agaisnt Igbos. And The Systematic Killing Of Igbo Businesses. / What Will Happen To Igbo Businesses And Investments When Biafra Is Achieved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Mboi2: 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pavore9:

Which joint? I dey my office for Nairobi o! cheesy cheesy

Back to the matter, l will start by identifying myself as Igbo and proud of that identity. The first generation of my family came to Lagos from the East in the 1950's and even after the Civil war, we came back to Lagos empty-handed and we have always be thankful to God that He blessed the works of our hands and increased us in material wealth.

We were one of the early igbo families that settled in Ojota when it was still a thick forest and the land owners were very friendly and encourage my father to buy land from them also telling him to get other igbos to buy land but then most were scared to buy, fearing there could be another war thereby losing their asset.

The present day upscale Ogudu G.R,A was till the early 1990's, served as farmland to many igbos and folks from Cross River/Akwa ibom as it was government land. We had our yam, cassava, maize and ugu farms there while we planted Oha trees in our compound.

Lagos has been accommodating, live and operate within the provisions of the law.

That's what am saying. Most of these people claiming Lagos is their land that Igbos should go are not from Lagos state as well so they are like igbos in Lagos State. Many yorubas claiming Lagos is their land are just migrants in Lagos just like Igbos so they should stop the noise.
Even the young ones from Osun, Ibadan, Oshogbo and other villages in the west that just came to Lagos yesterday whom their parents have never even visited Lagos state in their entire life also come here to ask Igbos to leave their land that Lagos belong to them. Is that not stupidity?
Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by loseyourseld(m): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pavore9:

Which joint? I dey my office for Nairobi o! cheesy cheesy

Back to the matter, l will start by identifying myself as Igbo and proud of that identity. The first generation of my family came to Lagos from the East in the 1950's and even after the Civil war, we came back to Lagos empty-handed and we have always be thankful to God that He blessed the works of our hands and increased us in material wealth.

We were one of the early igbo families that settled in Ojota when it was still a thick forest and the land owners were very friendly and encourage my father to buy land from them also telling him to get other igbos to buy land but then most were scared to buy, fearing there could be another war thereby losing their asset.

The present day upscale Ogudu G.R,A was till the early 1990's, served as farmland to many igbos and folks from Cross River/Akwa ibom as it was government land. We had our yam, cassava, maize and ugu farms there while we planted Oha trees in our compound.

Lagos has been accommodating, live and operate within the provisions of the law.

i like your comment. I have noticed that there is a difference between Igbos that grew up in Lagos and those that grew up in the East.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Ajibel(m): 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
I never agree with Yoruba bigots who say Igbos should go back to their land.

What is that supposed to mean?

At the same time I just get pissed with this victim mentality of some Igbo bigots whenever shops are being demolished, they see it as an attack on Igbo business.

The government has a responsibility and they are going to carry it out irrespective of the tribe or religion affected and you cant do anything about it. You just cant.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Pavore9: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mboi2:

That's what am saying. Most of these people claiming Lagos is their land that Igbos should go are not from Lagos state as well so they are like igbos in Lagos State. Many yorubas claiming Lagos is their land are just migrants in Lagos just like Igbos so they should stop the noise.
Even the young ones from Osun, Ibadan, Oshogbo and other villages in the west that just came to Lagos yesterday whom their parents have never even visited Lagos state in their entire life also come here to ask Igbos to leave their land that Lagos belong to them. Is that not stupidity?

It is sheer stupidity because they also migrated to Lagos. I can not feel inferior to anyone abi is it not the same Lagos l was born and raised in, where my father was commended by the then Shomolu Local Government Council for his contribution to community development. While l will always respect constituted authority, no one can make feel like an outcast as long as am within the ambit of the law.

I detest using bigotry or sense of victimhood to pass across issues.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Pavore9: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
loseyourseld:

i like your comment. I have noticed that there is a difference between Igbos that grew up in Lagos and those that grew up in the East.

I was born and raised in Lagos, worked for years in both urban and rural areas of the South east (Anambra and Enugu). Verifiable facts guides me not sentiments as l have experienced the good and the ugly of both sides.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by hundredhundred: 1:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Lagos is no man's land.
I wonder why ambode is destroying the indigenes and developers shops.

Lol. Na so broda

1 Like

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by ManMountain(m): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
KevinDein:
Lol, igbos crying that their shops are been demolished, when they find it difficult to rent out a shop for you in their land let alone owning one. Heck, on an old thread they were really proud of themselves for practicing what they termed group economics grin. Ultimately, what they implied was that even if they somehow rent out a shop for you in their land they are not likely to patronize you; frustrating you out of business in the process.

I've never seen a group of people who proudly practice what they openly condemn others for doing. Outstanding hypocrisy there.

These days though, no one takes them seriously. The anonymity of the internet has allowed them to show their true colors for the whole world to see.

God bless the internet grin

You are very correct there with the bold, the Internet has really shown the real people they are. However, the major culprits are those still living within Igboland and have never step out and the half and badly educated ones living in foreign countries.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by ManMountain(m): 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pavore9:

It is sheer stupidity because they also migrated to Lagos. I can not feel inferior to anyone abi is it not the same Lagos l was born and raised in, where my father was commended by the then Shomolu Local Government Council for his contribution to community development. While l will always respect constituted authority, no one can make feel like an outcast as long as am within the ambit of the law.

I detest using bigotry or sense of victimhood to pass across issues.

You are one Igbo guy on the internet that comes very close to most of my Igbo friends on the Island.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Mboi2: 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
KevinDein:
Lol, igbos crying that their shops are been demolished, when they find it difficult to rent out a shop for you in their land let alone owning one. Heck, on an old thread they were really proud of themselves for practicing what they termed group economics grin. Ultimately, what they implied was that even if they somehow rent out a shop for you in their land they are not likely to patronize you; frustrating you out of business in the process.

I've never seen a group of people who proudly practice what they openly condemn others for doing. Outstanding hypocrisy there.

These days though, no one takes them seriously. The anonymity of the internet has allowed them to show their true colors for the whole world to see.

God bless the internet grin
That's a big lie. You are guilty of what you condemned because you are the one hiding behind internet to say trash. What we are talking of here is based on personal experience not out of biased mind. Can you tell me where exactly in igbo land that a non indigen was refused of accommodation for business or renting a shop. This shows you have never been or stayed in any of the igbo communities. Go and ask any of your brothers who have lived in igbo land they will tell you how generous people of igbo land can be. Ask those who did their youth service in any of the eastern states they will tell you their good experiences. My Dad's tailor till tomorrow in my village is a Yoruba man. Go to Awka you will see Yoruba tailors, cab drivers everywhere living happily without being made to feel they are not from the east. Hausas are also treated same way. People of the East even prefer buying things from Hausas than buying from our own people. An Igbo man can leave his balance after buying something from Hausa or Yoruba who is doing business in igbo land but they can't leave same balance when they buy from their fellow igbo man. So stop hiding behind internet to say what you don't know coz am sure you have never crossed Niger bridge.
Govt of Lagos state has the right to demolish any structure that does not confirm with the town planning map and in such places not only igbos do business there but whenever such happens, you people will jump to Internet and start shouting igbos are spoiling Lagos, igbos should go. Go to festac, Amuwo odofin, Agoo, Okeafa isolo, Isheri, Ijegun, Lekki, Ajah etc where a lot of igbos have mansions, expensive residential buildings, have govt ever harrased anybody? You are not from Lagos state so stop the noise.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by socialmediaman: 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
ezeagu:
Let them build in "no man's land" again, and they will demolish it again. That's "Igbo sense" after all, after they will brag that they are "developing Lagos".

Didn't A certain governor in Imo demolish properties of people who built in their own home?
Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

I really love that your forum. It's sooo clean wink I wonder why your folks aren't making use of it
just same way your peeps are tropping into Linda ikeji blogs. lol
Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by waternogetenemy: 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
Yoruba agenda in Lagos is dead on arrival.

Lagos remains a no mans land until, Yorubas accept that we are not one Nigeria and need to have separate country to reflect our various nations.

This abuse of government power and sectional interest in no mans land Lagos will soon be addressed in a short time.

If u can come all the way to Igbo land to force one Nigeria on us, we will use force to claim our right in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by ManMountain(m): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
waternogetenemy:
Yoruba agenda in Lagos is dead on arrival.

Lagos remains a no mans land until, Yorubas accept that we are not one Nigeria and need to have separate country to reflect our various nations.

This abuse of government power and sectional interest in no mans land Lagos will soon be addressed in a short time.

If u can come all the way to Igbo land to force one Nigeria on us, we will use force to claim our right in Lagos.

Typical chest beating, I'm sure you typed this trash from a dingy room somewhere in erosion/Ugu republic grin
Yorubas will not go to the streets to slaughter you the way Hausas would under provocation but would use their economic and political ownership of Lagos to bring you to your knees grin

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by waternogetenemy: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
ManMountain:

Typical chest beating, I'm sure you typed this trash from a dingy room somewhere erosion/Ugu republic grin

Is it right that u frogly bastard murdered 3 million in the name of One Nigeria and now u are destroying their business?

The last time Awolowo made sure they lost all their money and only allowed them to take #20 from their savings in the bank after the war, no post war effort to rebuild their region, absolutely nothing, rather Army was busy kidnapping girls.

All this things u do will come back hard on you yorubas in the near future. We live in a very round world.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Wadeoye(m): 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
Fantastic...

I don't know why all these miscreants run to Lagos from "ile yi.bo".
Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by ManMountain(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
waternogetenemy:

That is very typical, run coward run, u cannot stand the simple truth, i have already destroyed him with the truth now he is running to mods. hahahaha!

I'm not running, I just don't want to return your insult, I'm just coming from a ban today

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by waternogetenemy: 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
ManMountain:

I'm not running, I just don't want to return your insult, I'm just coming from a ban today

Dude, wat is right is right and wat is wrong is wrong, nobody gets away with evil, u either pay or ur children pay.

Stop destroying people business in no mans land. We are one Nigeria and Lagos the commercial capital.
Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by ManMountain(m): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
waternogetenemy, enjoy your new status grin

1 Like

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by ManMountain(m): 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Dude, wat is right is right and wat is wrong is wrong, nobody gets away with evil, u either pay or ur children pay.

Stop destroying people business in no mans land. We are one Nigeria and Lagos the commercial capital.

I don't know what you mean by no man's land, but if you mean that Lagos is where anyone regardless of where he or she comes from or the family background can achieve financial success, I would agree, but if your meaning is a place which is devoid of ancestral ownership, then you are delusional

1 Like

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by waternogetenemy: 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
ManMountain:
waternogetenemy, enjoy your new status grin

Even Ojukwu was a Nigeria, u people dont get it, nobody is against Nigeria.

We are against injustice, cruelty, oppression and stagnation.

We have right to exit a union if it becomes detrimental to us.

If Nigeria was organised, their should be about Four Lagos in north, central, east and west by now.

A Nigeria space 4 all, no culture or tribe just Nigeria but that is unattainable.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Mboi2: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wadeoye:
Fantastic...

I don't know why all these miscreants run to Lagos from "ile yi.bo".
Even this one that comes from ikere Ekiti is claiming Lagos too. Hahahaha, okpoha ndi azu. You come from your village to Lagos for greener pastures, same way ibos come to Lagos for greener pastures so you and igbos are on the same level in Lagos now that we are still one Nigeria. That is the bitter truth and sorry you can't change it.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Wadeoye(m): 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mboi2:

Even this one that comes from ikere Ekiti is claiming Lagos too. Hahahaha, okpoha ndi azu. You come from your village to Lagos for greener pastures, same way ibos come to Lagos for greener pastures so you and igbos are on the same level in Lagos now that we are still one Nigeria. That is the bitter truth and sorry you can't change it.

See yi.bo quoting me... If I get hold of you, I will ensure you are deported that day.
Omo yi.bo talking in Yoruba land. Who born monkey?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Mboi2: 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
ManMountain:

Typical chest beating, I'm sure you typed this trash from a dingy room somewhere in erosion/Ugu republic grin
Yorubas will not go to the streets to slaughter you the way Hausas would under provocation but would use their economic and political ownership of Lagos to bring you to your knees grin
Who are the Yorubas that will use economic and political power to bring which people to their knees? Can you explain how? Is it by demolishing just shops? Listen little boy, if you live in Lagos whether you are Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba and you don't comply with Lagos state laws, rules and regulations in whatever you are doing whether business, driving, building anything, you will face the music. It is same everywhere. I have not seen where with your economic and political power you can stop igbos from living, doing businesses, driving along or anything here in Lagos while only Yorubas are allowed to do those things. I have never seen where an Igbo man's house is taken away from him by force and handed over to a Yoruba man. So let me understand how Yorubas can use that economic and political power according to you to bring igbos to their knees.
Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by KahlDrogo(m): 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
bro Lagos is no man's land.
It's the ancestral land of Ipob youths,developed like malaysia,dubia and Indonesia by hardworking drug mules,with contributions from gala and fanyogo sales
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! cheesycheesy

Cc: Ivory2009
Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by ManMountain(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mboi2:

Who are the Yorubas that will use economic and political power to bring which people to their knees? Can you explain how? Is it by demolishing just shops? Listen little boy, if you live in Lagos whether you are Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba and you don't comply with Lagos state laws, rules and regulations in whatever you are doing whether business, driving, building anything, you will face the music. It is same everywhere. I have not seen where with your economic and political power you can stop igbos from living, doing businesses, driving along or anything here in Lagos while only Yorubas are allowed to do those things. I have never seen where an Igbo man's house is taken away from him by force and handed over to a Yoruba man. So let me understand how Yorubas can use that economic and political power according to you to bring igbos to their knees.

Watch
Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by DabuIIIT: 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
ManMountain:

"my friend just come from prison,e dey look for work,waka waka day and night,police man come stop am for road...." grin grin grin HAAAHAHAHAHA.....

But op,i hope the lagos state govt will be gracious and compensate those citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos by Mboi2: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
ManMountain:

Watch
Shatap little boy. Have you seen you are the chest beater now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tension As New Judge Takes Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Case / Buhari Congratulates Akeredolu: This Is A Huge Win,Unity Of Our Party Was Tested / Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.