Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,655 members, 7,865,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

What You Need To Know About Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Need To Know About Atheism (1283 Views)

The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About Atheism by BayLord01(m): 8:26am On Sep 02, 2016
Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature
There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.”
Atheism have doubt the existence of God and none of the so call religion leaders exploiting the masses in the name of God have ever come out to tell us how his/her God existed in the first place.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by honourhim: 9:14am On Sep 02, 2016
BayLord01:
Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature
There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.”
Atheism have doubt the existence of God and none of the so call religion leaders exploiting the masses in the name of God have ever come out to tell us how his/her God existed in the first place.

Shut up and stop being senseless. If atheism is what you have defined here why are you people flocking religious section even more than the religious folks?
Again the argument about the existence of God has been trashed here and you people did not make any sense in trying to prove that there is no God.
Carry your stupidity to another section. This place is not for atheists.
Learn from Mark Zukerberg, he is an atheist but doesn't make noise about it. Only the useless ones in Nairaland are killing themselves over religious people. Shame.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 5:18am On Sep 03, 2016
All Theist do with their God is what Atheists do with Science.

Atheism is just the replacement of God the Creator with the "god of Reason" or "god of Self".

It takes a greater faith being an Atheist.
No offence intended: Atheists are principally Satanists in disguise!
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

Atheism is just the replacement of God the Creator with the "god of Reason" or "god of Self".

this is why the religious can't see the light, atheist don't require faith, we have all the proof we need that there is no God, it is only the theist that use senseless faith to claim their God exist, religion requires faith to prove the non existent exist, atheist use science and reasoning not faith.
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 5:40am On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:

this is why the religious can't see the light, atheist don't require faith, we have all the proof we need that there is no God, it is only the theist that use senseless faith to claim their God exist, religion requires faith to prove the non existent exist, atheist use science and reasoning not faith.

Yes you do have Faith in the immutability and infallibility of reason and science.

Your faith is so strong that you bet your eternity on it. Like every lottery, know that you can't beat the house.

Jesus saves

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:31am On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

Yes you do have Faith in the immutability and infallibility of reason and science.

This shows that u don't understand science. Do u know how many scientific theories have been discarded because they were disproved if we had faith in the immutability and infallibility of science then we would still hold on to those old theories. Now u see why atheist don't take u guys serious

Your faith is so strong that you bet your eternity on it. Like every lottery, know that you can't beat the house.

Jesus saves
The stupidity of this statement is overwhelming. Is lack of faith now a type of faith? do u even know the traditional definition of that word? let me help you out. FAITH IS THE SUPERNATURAL GIFT OF GOD WHICH ENABLES US TO BELIEVE WITHOUT DOUBTING WHATEVER GOD HAS REVEALED. Now tell me how this applies to atheist. It's like saying abstinence is a sexual position.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2016
honourhim:

Shut up and stop being senseless. If atheism is what you have defined here why are you people flocking religious section even more than the religious folks?
Again the argument about the existence of God has been trashed here and you people did not make any sense in trying to prove that there is no God.
Carry your stupidity to another section. This place is not for atheists.
Learn from Mark Zukerberg, he is an atheist but doesn't make noise about it. Only the useless ones in Nairaland are killing themselves over religious people. Shame.
Am tired of u guys ranting on NL. I have been observing how u guys potray stupidity as a virtue. Atheist have said several times that we did not say there is no God. Rather we don't believe in any yet due to insufficient evidence. What ur doing is like me walking up to you and saying "I have a pink unicorn I which lives in the moon, prove that it's not real"

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by EyeHateGod: 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

And Christians Are what? Is it not Satan that the Muslim call U guys to? Thats y they slaughter Christians like Goat. Keep developing that mentality in Ur brain

1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by honourhim: 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

Am tired of u guys ranting on NL. I have been observing how u guys potray stupidity as a virtue. Atheist have said several times that we did not say there is no God. Rather we don't believe in any yet due to insufficient evidence. What ur doing is like me walking up to you and saying "I have a pink unicorn I which lives in the moon, prove that it's not real"

Manage your stupidity well. It appears you are new here. The Initial stand of atheists here back in the days was that there is no God.
It was after several trashing of the issue here that some of you changed to this your new stand.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by EyeHateGod: 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
honourhim:

Manage your stupidity well. It appears you are new here. The Initial stand of atheists here back in the days was that there is no God.
It was after several trashing of the issue here that some of you changed to this your new stand.
Lol Ur Christian Dictionary has a lot to do with that grin
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
Op;

You NAILED it.

Come; am I the only one noticing that Nairalanders are somehow beginning to understand atheism
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

And Christians Are what? Is it not Satan that the Muslim call U guys to? Thats y they slaughter Christians like Goat. Keep developing that mentality in Ur brain

The issue is not about Christian/Muslim faithfuls.
I love my Muslim Brothers whatever you say!

I still maintain

Ponder over the quote, it is true.
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by EyeHateGod: 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

The issue is not about Christian/Muslim faithfuls.
I love my Muslim Brothers whatever you say!

I still maintain

Ponder over the quote, it is true.
At least science deals with nature(physical world) what does God mean to U?
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

If I get you right!

[size=18pt]
ATHEIST:
I know that God Exists, but I have only Chosen not to BELIEVE in HIM!
[/size]

I see defiance! Is that true?
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by EyeHateGod: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

If I get you right!

[size=18pt]
ATHEIST:
[/size]

Why are U twisting what he said to fit Ur understanding?
ValentineMary:

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

This shows that u don't understand science. Do u know how many scientific theories have been discarded because they were disproved if we had faith in the immutability and infallibility of science then we would still hold on to those old theories. Now u see why atheist don't take u guys serious

Why do you take your stance as a Professing Atheist? Because of Scientific and Logical deductions! Is that not true?
Even if laws are being debunked, are you not replacing it with a better scientific law?

ValentineMary:

The stupidity of this statement is overwhelming. Is lack of faith now a type of faith? do u even know the traditional definition of that word? let me help you out. FAITH IS THE SUPERNATURAL GIFT OF GOD WHICH ENABLES US TO BELIEVE WITHOUT DOUBTING WHATEVER GOD HAS REVEALED. Now tell me how this applies to atheist. It's like saying abstinence is a sexual position.

Yes there could be the gift of Faith, but you know well that i am not speaking about the gift. I am talking about the choice to TRUST the Words, Commands and Directions of the Almighty. Didn't God command us to have Faith in Him?

Faith is putting into action your believe in the a diety.

YOU have put into action your believe in the god of Science and Reason! A god needn't be a visible idol .

Putting your faith in these gods is an understatement. It is satanism whether you are conscious of it or not!
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

God means EVERYTHING!
He Made the Physical World.
He made man to dominate his creations

At teh end, You shall return to Him: The Source.

Haven't you heard that Energy can neither be created nor destroyed! You exist for eternity!
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

God means EVERYTHING!

At the end, You shall return to Him: The Source.

Haven't you heard that Energy can neither be created nor destroyed! You exist for eternity!
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by EyeHateGod: 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

God means EVERYTHING!

At the end, You shall return to Him: The Source.

But god seam to be able to create the uncreated?

Now U are beginning to sound like a Christian!
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Why are U twisting what he said to fit Ur understanding?

Why Speak long grammer over what is elementarily simple?

Atheist have said several times that we did not say there is no God. Rather we don't believe in any yet due to insufficient evidence.

we did not say there is no God= Means: God could exist
we don't believe in any yet = Means: You don't subscribe to any god yet
due to insufficient evidence=Reason: Insufficient evidence (of what? His existence?, His Virtues?)

ATHEIST:
I know that God COULD Exist, but I have only Chosen (based on insufficient evidence) not to BELIEVE in HIM!

Is this a better translation of your brand of Atheism?

As you will always say, Google is your Friend:
atheist

ˈeɪθɪɪst/Submit
noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

"he is a committed atheist"
synonyms: non-believer, non-theist, disbeliever, unbeliever, heretic, sceptic, doubter, doubting Thomas, agnostic, infidel, irreligious person, heathen, pagan, freethinker, libertine, nihilist;

Atheists do not believe in the existence of any god
Atheist have said several times that we did not say there is no God. Rather we don't believe in any yet due to insufficient evidence.

Compare!
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by EyeHateGod: 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

Why Speak long grammer over what is elementarily simple?

we did not say there is no God= Means: God could exist
we don't believe in any yet = Means: You don't subscribe to any god yet
due to insufficient evidence=Reason: Insufficient evidence (of what? His existence?, His Virtues?)

ATHEIST:
I know that God COULD Exist, but I have only Chosen (based on insufficient evidence) not to BELIEVE in HIM!

Is this a better translation of your brand of Atheism?

As you will always say, Google is your Friend:

Compare!
So from all this U brought out now didn't U see U twisted what she said by making this assumption:
shadeyinka:

If I get you right!
[size=18pt]
ATHEIST:
[/size]
Thats how U guys will expose Ur ignorance Yourself Rubbish
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

But god seam to be able to create the uncreated?

Now U are beginning to sound like a Christian!

Did you not ask me a question?
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

So from all this U brought out now didn't U see U twisted what she said by making this assumption:

Thats how U guys will expose Ur ignorance Yourself Rubbish

At least I am not obstinate! He pointed out a difference between what he wrote and my interpretation.

instead of ranting about my correctness, I slowed down to make an analysis.
The analysis showed that I needed to make a correction to my statements which was done. Isnt that how reasonable people should behave?
Indeed I interpreted based on my understanding:

And since google is our friend, I showed him what googles understanding of Atheist is:

atheist

ˈeɪθɪɪst/Submit
noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

"he is a committed atheist"
synonyms: non-believer, non-theist, disbeliever, unbeliever, heretic, sceptic, doubter, doubting Thomas, agnostic, infidel, irreligious person, heathen, pagan, freethinker, libertine, nihilist;

Compare!

Is there no contradiction with his statement (what he would want me to believe ) and Almigthy Googles interpretation!
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by promise10: 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

10000000000% correct!
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:18am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Why do you take your stance as a Professing Atheist? Because of Scientific and Logical deductions! Is that not true?
Even if laws are being debunked, are you not replacing it with a better scientific law?
This part is what made me know u have no idea of what u are saying. So u are suggesting we should stick with what some ancient men who knew nothing of how the universe works would it not bebetter for us to search for this truth to see if they were right ot wrong and how do we do it, is it not through scientific method? it's likeu don't know that these men believed that bats were birds. Should we stick with that also ?

Yes there could be the gift of Faith, but you know well that i am not speaking about the gift. I am talking about the choice to TRUST the Words, Commands and Directions of the Almighty. Didn't God command us to have Faith in Him?
But when this said God orders us to kill kids and kill women, should I still have faith? would it not be rational to be skeptical and question the validity? Faith is simply believing in something without evidence and u can believe in anything without evidence.

Faith is putting into action your believe in the a diety.
After saying this u still claim atheist have faith? na wa for una oo

YOU have put into action your believe in the god of Science and Reason! A god needn't be a visible idol .

Putting your faith in these gods is an understatement. It is satanism whether you are conscious of it or not!

It is statements like this I don't take serious. Since u confidently used faith and trust interchangeably, it would be rationale for me to say u have faith/trust when u pass through a call that it would be received (phones are works of science), u have faith/trust that if u reply this post it would be sent (NL is work of science). If trust in science is satanic, then all modern man is guilty.
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:20am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

If I get you right!

[size=18pt]
ATHEIST:
[/size]

I guess Eyehategod already clarified me. I have noticed that u new theist on NL are extremely bias.
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:29am On Sep 04, 2016
honourhim:

Can u mention the atheist that said there is no God and quote their names under it so that they could see it themselves
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
ValentineMary:

Can u mention the atheist that said there is no God and quote their names under it so that they could see it themselves
I'm one of them, I don't believe in any God(deity) given that history and facts will tell you they don't exist, but I might be willing to accept a creator(not one that demands worship or even acknowledgement ) it doesn't even have to be a being, but it provided the building block for the universe. So i don't believe in a God. I might be willing to accept the possibility of a creator.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2016
ValentineMary:

I'm one of them, I don't believe in any God(deity) given that history and facts will tell you they don't exist, but I might be willing to accept a creator(not one that demands worship or even acknowledgement ) it doesn't even have to be a being, it could be a cosmic event, but it provided the building block for the universe. So i don't believe in a God. I might be willing to accept the possibility of a creator.
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 5:37am On Sep 05, 2016
Lennycool:

I'm one of them, I don't believe in any God(deity) given that history and facts will tell you they don't exist, but I might be willing to accept a creator(not one that demands worship or even acknowledgement ) it doesn't even have to be a being, but it provided the building block for the universe. So i don't believe in a God. I might be willing to accept the possibility of a creator.
I also don't believe. But I asked that guy to show me atheist that said that there is no God and they are 100% sure.
Re: What You Need To Know About Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
Lennycool:

Since God is NO material being and He is not subject to the laws of Physics how did you prove/disprove His existence?

(1) (Reply)

The Experience Lagos Names Guest And Local Ministers For Experience 2016 / If Islam Is Really A Religion Of Peace, Then Why Are Muslims Killing Themselves? / Did You Know That The Apostles Tried To Ban You From Ever Reading The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.