Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism (4700 Views)

What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism / The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by InsaneTamie(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2016
Atheism is a lack of belief in a god or gods. Because atheism can be construed as
antithetical to religion, numerous misconceptions have risen about atheists that simply
aren’t factual. Here are ten examples of the most common misconceptions people have
about atheists and atheism as a whole.

10 Atheism Is A Religion

The term “religion” is difficult to define. In the United States, a religion is defined as an
institution that has a recognized creed, form and place of worship, congregation, and
ordained ministers. This definition has nothing to do with a god, but most religions that
do worship a god fit this definition. Because atheism is a lack of belief in something,
there are no places to worship (or anything to worship), no creed, no congregation,
and no ministers.

Many people point to atheists on the Internet speaking of the persecution of atheists
and other aspects of society they consider to conflict with whatever constitution might
govern them as a religion, but that doesn’t work either. Because there is no set of rules
or creed tying atheists together, they don’t congregate beyond a simple agreement on
something not existing.

9 Atheists Worship The Devil

The belief that atheists worship the Devil stems from the Christian belief that anyone
against God is a follower of the Devil. This interpretation is not held by the majority of
Christians, but it is prevalent in some communities. Because the Devil falls under the
auspices of a god, atheists do not believe it exists. Simply put: One cannot worship a
Devil they don’t believe in.

The Church of Satan has helped to perpetuate this misconception. The name itself
implies that members of the organization worship Satan, but that is not the case.
Satanists are atheists and agnostics who don’t worship anything but have instead
created an association that follows the belief that, “Man—using his brain—invented all
the Gods. [ . . . ] We Satanists are thus our own ‘Gods.’ ” The decision to model the
iconography after a devilish form was chosen to mock Christianity and its adherents.

8 Atheists Are Unhappy, Angry People

It is difficult to quantify whether an entire group of nonbelievers is happy or not, but
this misconception comes from the Christian belief that a person cannot be happy
without God in their lives. There are atheists all over the planet who are unhappy for a
plethora of reasons, but the same is true of theists as well.

Atheists who voice their opinions can do so with vitriol and seem unhappy. Authors
and scientists like Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins appear to be angry during
interviews, but in a lot of ways, they were simply frustrated with the nature of the
discussion. Atheists who understand the basics of evolution and cosmology do not
want to discuss theology as an opposing viewpoint because it is not applicable to the
discussion. When someone tries to bring up the idea of a Crocoduck in a discussion
about evolution, an atheist often reacts with frustration and even anger, but that
doesn’t mean that they’re generally unhappy people.

7 Atheists Worship At The Altar Of Science

Online discussions with atheists tend to involve topics related to evolution and
cosmology. The names of scientists and authors such as Darwin, Hawking, Hitchens,
and Dawkins are tossed around as “prophets” of the “religion of atheism,” but not every
atheist is scientifically literate. Many are apathetic to the conversation and are not
included in the discussion, but the ones who are vocal online tend to be literate of
various scientific theories brought up by Creationists and other theists who attempt to
use science to justify their theistic world view.

Ironically, this has led more people to become scientifically literate so that they can
engage in these online discussions. While no atheist would claim to “worship at the
altar of science,” many do learn what they can so that they are better informed about
the world around them.

6 Atheists Have No Morals

How could anyone have morality without God? That is a question asked by theists who
believe that morality is derived from religion. This may be true for them, but there are
many people who don’t share religious beliefs but do share the same moral beliefs.

Many theists believe that atheists lack a moral compass due to their disbelief in any
god and conclude that “there is no such thing as a good atheist,” but this is a broad
generalization with no merit whatsoever. Morality is difficult to define because there are
countless theories explaining it as a sociobiological evolution or even a logical
conclusion. A person’s morality tends to express itself in how they treat other people,
and many atheists appear to live according to the policy of treating others as they
would like to be treated, also known as the Golden Rule.

5 There Are No Atheists In Foxholes

As an Active Duty Soldier who is also an atheist, I take this misconception personally.
Having deployed to combat zones multiple times without suddenly realizing a need for
God even while under fire, I can honestly say that I am an atheist in a foxhole.

This misconception comes from the belief that a person who is facing imminent danger
or death will turn to God. A similar theory is Pascal’s Wager, which is an argument in
Christian apologetics which stipulates that a rational person should either seek to
believe in God or live as if God exists because if they are wrong, they could suffer
eternal damnation, while accepting the wager allows for acceptance into Heaven.

It may be true that some have found religion on their deathbeds or even in combat, but
there are many who say otherwise, including the author of this list.

4 Atheists Are Intolerant Of Theists

Many believe that there is a general intolerance of theists among all atheists, but this is
simply untrue. Online conversations may indicate a specific person whom someone
may be intolerant of, but a general dislike of believers is not held throughout the
“atheist community.”

Conversely, atheists are the least tolerated and trusted group of people in the United
States. Many politicians have called for religious tests and the firing of nonbelievers,
which is illegal (but still tolerated) “hate speech.” Polls and scientific studies show that
religious communities distrust atheists due to their lack of belief and would prefer that
they stay out of politics and other public areas.

3 Atheists Are Ignorant When It Comes To Religion(s)

This misconception stems from the belief that someone who doesn’t believe in God is
ignorant to His teachings. Because of this, people often proselytize atheists, hoping to
educate and convert them. The truth is that most atheists are well-informed when it
comes to religions and are usually familiar with several, while most theists are only
familiar with their own and may often know less than the atheist they are hoping to
convert.

A recent study on religious knowledge in the United States found that atheists and
agnostics know more about religions than any other group. Many people who now call
themselves atheist or agnostic were once active members in a church of some type.
Further study of their own religion may have pushed them to look elsewhere and find
that they either desired another faith or didn’t believe at all. This thirst for knowledge
tends to lead people out of the church and into an atheistic world view.

2 Atheists Are Angry Rebels Who Hate/Oppose God(s)

Many see atheists as rebels who either hate or oppose God, but this misconception
fails the logic test. For someone to turn away from their god and religion, they usually
come to the conclusion that they simply do not believe. Without belief, there can be no
hatred or opposition. This is similar to the misconception that atheists worship Satan.
In the same way that a person cannot worship something they don’t believe in, they
cannot hate or oppose it, either.

This misconception stems from the belief that atheists truly do believe in God and want
to rebel against Him. Even if an atheist says otherwise, many believe that because God
is in everyone, it is not possible to disbelieve in Him, so an atheist must be rebelling,
like Satan, against God.

1 Atheism Is Responsible For The Worst Genocides In History

This misconception attempts to place the blame of inhuman acts like the Holocaust on
atheism because many dictators of the age were atheists. This is known as the Atheist
Atrocities Fallacy and is most often used by theists to prove the evil of atheism with
statements like, “Well, what about Stalin, Pol Pot, and Hitler? They were atheists, and
they killed millions !”

Those dictators were responsible for the deaths of millions of people, but that’s not
because they were atheists. In fact, Hitler wasn’t an atheist; he was a devout Christian
by his own testament. Stalin was an atheist, but he never killed anyone “in the name of
atheism” but rather solely to achieve political or nationalistic goals.

Source: [url]listverse.com/2016/09/30/10-common-misconceptions-about-atheism/[/url]

Cc: Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala.

This will go a long way in educating lots of people about what atheism truly stands for.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Davash222(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2016
In summary...

Atheists still have respect for the Almighty God.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by InsaneTamie(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2016
Davash222:
In summary...

Atheists still have respect for the Almighty God.
Read to understand, not to argue.

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HomoSapiien: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2016
Viewing this topic: Jeenah, hawlascho grin.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by taurus25(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2016
also, atheists are not automatically evolutionists or scientists

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by blushy: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hawlahscho:
How do you explain how someone can chew blade without bleeding?
I've witnessed people use charms e.g charmed ring that works.
Some disappear from here and appear at the other place. I've seen these things happen.

Well, people do chew blade and some even go to the extent of chewing stone and glass. That doesn't mean there's a spiritual involvement in it. I am yet to witness an effective charm, but, charms could have chemical properties in them. For instance, if you put doxepine ( Silenor ) in a ring and punch someone with it, obviously the person will stagger and fall off. So, charms are mostly tricks that you can figure out if you pay more attention to. Ability to disappear is almost impossible. You see, Chris Angel levitated during one of his tricks, but he didn't use 'god' as a reference to his trick. There are videos out there exposing the secrets of magicians. I'll be glad if you could give me 5 convincing reason that god possibly exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HermitSage: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2016
taurus25:
also, atheists are not automatically evolutionists
You are partially right. But then, believing in evolution indicates doubt in one's religion. Not necessary for an evolutionist to be an atheist, they could be agnostic.

taurus25:
also, atheists are not automatically scientists
Most scientists are atheist(www.nature.com/nature/journal/v394/n6691/full/394313a0.html) while the ones who aren't atheist are nonreligious or agnostic. Atheism plays an important role in science, in fact atheism removes all limit in the 'world of science.' Indeed atheism doesn't make one automatically a scientist, but atheism makes one truly understand science and evolution, also it crushes ones' knowledge limit(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism).
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
blushy:

Well, people do chew blade and some even go to the extent of chewing stone and glass. That doesn't mean there's a spiritual involvement in it. I am yet to witness an effective charm, but, charms could have chemical properties in them. For instance, if you put doxepine ( Silenor ) in a ring and punch someone with it, obviously the person will stagger and fall off. So, charms are mostly tricks that you can figure out if you pay more attention to. Ability to disappear is almost impossible. You see, Chris Angel levitated during one of his tricks, but he didn't use 'god' as a reference to his trick. There are videos out there exposing the secrets of magicians. I'll be glad if you could give me 5 convincing reason that god possibly exist.

You're not sure if it's doxepin or not and I like the way you keep using "may, may, may" (No proof it is)
You've not witnessed where someone disappears and appears and I have witnessed such severally, I think the only thing that can convince you is practical or seeing it physical but I assure you, there exist TERRESTRIAL POWERS.
Can you tell me more abt people eating stones, I've watched a video of some people (whites)eating granites but I need to know how from you. Abt the small lboy I saw eating new blades, he was not born like that until his dad (babalawo) did some THINGS for him (according to what he said ) the boy is like 10 or 11
Live and direct, they stabbed a human being before me and a very sharpened cutlass didn't penetrate. I need some science explanation from you. MAY will not be permitted
Abt me proving to you that there is God? Explain those things up there to me first.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HomoSapiien: 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hawlahscho:

You're not sure if it's doxepin or not and I like the way you keep using "may, may, may" (No proof it is)
You've not witnessed where someone disappears and appears and I have witnessed such severally, I think the only thing that can convince you is practical or seeing it physical but I assure you, there exist TERRESTRIAL POWERS.
Can you tell me more abt people eating stones, I've watched a video of some people (whites)eating granites but I need to know how from you. Abt the small lboy I saw eating new blades, he was not born like that until his dad (babalawo) did some THINGS for him (according to what he said ) the boy is like 10 or 11
Live and direct, they stabbed a human being before me and a very sharpened cutlass didn't penetrate. I need some science explanation from you. MAY will not be permitted
Abt me proving to you that there is God? Explain those things up there to me first.

Although I'm not of the opinion that terrestrial powers are not real neither do i assume that they are, basically because I've never witnessed their actions. All I've heard about magic is from hearsay and no experience to show for it. For this reason i cannot say it exist or not.

However i am skeptical of some claims of those who believe all these things truly exist.

First of all, if there actually is magic that won't make a sharpened cut lass or gun penetrate your skin how come our great grandfathers were not able to resist the white men from colonizing us despite the fact that black magic was more rampant then?

And what prove do you have to show aside your claim that you've actually saw someone disappear and appear? A video evidence would have been pivotal.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Umartins1(m): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2016
HomoSapiien:

Although I'm not of the opinion that terrestrial powers are not real neither do i assume that they are, basically because I've never witnessed their actions. All I've heard about magic is from hearsay and no experience to show for it. For this reason i cannot say it exist or not.

However i am skeptical of some claims of those who believe all these things truly exist.

First of all, if there actually is magic that won't make a sharpened cut lass or gun penetrate your skin how come our great grandfathers were not able to resist the white men from colonizing us despite the fact that black magic was more rampant then?

And what prove do you have to show aside your claim that you've actually saw someone disappear and appear? A video evidence would have been pivotal.

Bro, I don't put mouth in this but for your comment. Do not join them to say Africa magic does not exist, it does. Don't ask me for proof. However, concerning our fore-fathers' inability to conquer the Europeans, bro, just so you know, technology is spiritual. All those weapons and ammunition of the white men are spiritual. Where magic stops, technology begins.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HomoSapiien: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
Umartins1:

Bro, I don't put mouth in this but for your comment. Do not join them to say Africa magic does not exist, it does. Don't ask me for prove. However, concerning our fore-fathers inability to conquer the Europeans, bro, just so you know, technology is spiritual. All those weapons and ammunition of the white men are spiritual. Where magic stops, technology begins.

wow! I will like to know more about the underlined. Don't know if you wouldn't mind explaining how you come about knowledge on another thread?

Longest time bro smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Umartins1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
HomoSapiien:

wow! I will like to know more about the underlined. Don't know if you wouldn't mind explaining how you come about knowledge on another thread?

Longest time bro smiley

I represented technology with 'the arms and ammunition'. Succintly, what I mean is, technology is spiritual.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
HomoSapiien:

A video evidence would have done nothing in this century of editing.
And I would have loved taking a record of it but I was scared and carried away, besides I was not notified it was gonna happen.

Abt d cutlass issue, there is surely something there that remains ssecret. One thing abt those black juju is that they rarely reveal the real thing behind it and I think that is why the whites (scientists) keep castigation its existence and also that's why it's not popular, (permit the word)

Our forefathers: Well, not all of us now in let me say Nigeria have these "powers" and we're all Africans who they, somewhere in western countries believe that we have such. Therefore, you and I am not sure of d method or way used to kill and grabbed them then for enslavement, you know whites are stubborn and d poor forefathers, where do you expect them to see tiger's left ball in a hurry if it's needed for disappearing. LOL
Pls try to get my point.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
Umartins1:

I represented technology with 'the arms and ammunition'. Succintly , what I mean is, technology is spiritual.

Well............ I dont know
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by blushy: 12:12am On Oct 09, 2016
Hawlahscho:

You're mixing up things. Atheism neither deny nor agree with the fact that spiritual powers exist. Like I pointed out, most of these things people claim are spiritual can happen to any random person - 1% of humans are immune to HIV (top deadly disease in Africa). Someone paralyzed in a specific part of the body can be immune to injuries inflicted on that specific part of the body. Although, I'm not sure you witnessed all these things physically.
Secondly, if these claims of yours are that regular, finding proofs shouldn't be a hard task for you. Should it?
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by blushy: 12:52am On Oct 09, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Our forefathers: Well, not all of us now in let me say Nigeria have these "powers" and we're all Africans who they, somewhere in western countries believe that we have such. Therefore, you and I am not sure of d method or way used to kill and grabbed them then for enslavement, you know whites are stubborn and d poor forefathers, where do you expect them to see tiger's left ball in a hurry if it's needed for disappearing. LOL
Pls try to get my point.

Good job at evading the obvious. Do you mean 'black magic' doesn't work on stubborn white men? Or is there racism in spiritualism?
Basically, Africans have been given enough years to provide genuine evidence of Magic. Witches can fly, but science made the first appearance on the moon. Money rituals is high in Africa yet the richest man in the world is from America and he's making his money through technology.
During the outbreak of Ebola, where were the herbalists, witches and spiritual powers?

Umartins1:

However, concerning our fore-fathers inability to conquer the Europeans, bro, just so you know, technology is spiritual. All those weapons and ammunition of the white men are spiritual. Where magic stops, technology begins.

Do you have articles to back your claims? What exactly do you know 'Spiritual' means? Because, I don't see any thing spiritual in gunshots, grenades, flashlights, taser etc.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Pr0ton: 1:38am On Oct 09, 2016
Umartins1:

Bro, I don't put mouth in this but for your comment. Do not join them to say Africa magic does not exist, it does. Don't ask me for proof. However, concerning our fore-fathers' inability to conquer the Europeans, bro, just so you know, technology is spiritual!!!!!!!! All those weapons and ammunition of the white men are spiritual. Where magic stops, technology begins.

HomoSapiien, you should have ended interrogation with this halfwit at that point he came pouring out plain stupidity by saying technology is spiritual. This type will argue you out of reality and slowly make you like their kind even with their low dead brains.

And the nitwit claiming to have witnessed people disappear from one point to another either suffers from some visions and neurological disorders or is a screwed up blantant shameful liar. It's obvious from everyday life and news that no such thing can happen beyond movies and planned plays.

No offence intended.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HomoSapiien: 6:16am On Oct 09, 2016
Hawlahscho:

A video evidence would have done nothing in this century of editing.

True that. However you still have no prove to show for it aside your claim. Just so i can make some random claims.

And I would have loved taking a record of it but I was scared and carried away, besides I was not notified it was gonna happen.

Abt d cutlass issue, there is surely something there that remains ssecret. [One thing abt those black juju is that they rarely reveal the real thing behind it and I think that is why the whites (scientists) keep castigation its existence and also that's why it's not popular, (permit the word)

Of course they won't reveal their secrets. If they do, they won't be able to further fool gullible minds into believing their lies.

A single search of "magic exposed" on Google, shows their tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohbBx0cMQJo

In case you can download, i will help you download them and share them with you in the group.

Oets becar forefathers: Well, not all of us now in let me say Nigeria have these "powers" and we're all Africans who they, somewhere in western countries believe that we have such. Therefore, you and I am not sure of d method or way used to kill and grabbed them then for enslavement, you know whites are stubborn and d poor forefathers, where do you expect them to see tiger's left ball in a hurry if it's needed for disappearing. LOL
Pls try to get my point.

lol, so they use tigers left left ball for disappearing and appearing?

Blush already addressed this sha.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Umartins1(m): 8:28am On Oct 09, 2016
Pr0ton:

HomoSapiien, you should have ended interrogation with this halfwit at that point he came pouring out plain stupidity by saying technology is spiritual. This type will argue you out of reality and slowly make you like their kind even with their low dead brains.

And the nitwit claiming to have witnessed people disappear from one point to another either suffers from some visions and neurological disorders or is a screwed up blantant shameful liar. It's obvious from everyday life and news that no such thing can happen beyond movies and planned plays.

No offence intended.

If this is the same proton that I know in the education section, then, you disappointed me with your choice of words.
Please, next time you wanna quote me, avoid the use of berating words. Reply me like a literate that you are.
In life, we're meant to hold diversed views. And one thing is sure, your view is superior to none.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
blushy:

You're mixing up things. Atheism neither deny nor agree with the fact that spiritual powers exist. Like I pointed out, most of these things people claim are spiritual can happen to any random person - 1% of humans are immune to HIV (top deadly disease in Africa). Someone paralyzed in a specific part of the body can be immune to injuries inflicted on that specific part of the body. Although, I'm not sure you witnessed all these things physically.
Secondly, if these claims of yours are that regular, finding proofs shouldn't be a hard task for you. Should it?

Should it? Yes it should.
You cant know everything about something. Besides, some things are meant to secret which they continue to be. Do you think those human parts we hear on news that are cut are for consumption? NO! THEY ARE NOT.

At bold part. Tell me what does atheism say about spiritual powers then?
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HermitSage: 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
InsaneTamie:

Atheists Are Unhappy, Angry People
It is difficult to quantify whether an entire group of nonbelievers is happy or not, but
this misconception comes from the Christian belief that a person cannot be happy
without God in their lives
Cc: Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala.

I can't say about foreign countries, but in Nigeria most atheist are converted because god failed them even after believing. This is what make them question god's existence. So, these Atheists naturally have tint of hatred towards the 'god' that abandoned them.
Atheists Worship At The Altar Of Science

This is not a misconception. Atheist foundation of logic is Science. Atheists reason with facts and evidence - which is related to science. Atheism doubts religious earth creation theories but believe in 'big bang theory' and evolution. All because it is scientifically approved.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
blushy:

Good job at evading the obvious. Do you mean 'black magic' doesn't work on stubborn white men? Or is there racism in spiritualism?
Basically, Africans have been given enough years to provide genuine evidence of Magic. Witches can fly, but science made the first appearance on the moon. Money rituals is high in Africa yet the richest man in the world is from America and he's making his money through technology.
During the outbreak of Ebola, where were the herbalists, witches and spiritual powers?

No I didn't say that.
The moment they shoot you it doesn't penetrate and instead of giving up they stab you the knife bends they go ahead to expose you to a toxic acid which probably you dont have any prevention for, they catch you. that's D stubbornness I mean. Meanwhile, you killed one another one takes over d battle, you cant say none of d whites were killed then.

Science made the first recorded appearance on moon you should say. Because I'm d first to upload to d internet that I purchased an iPhone 7 in Nigeria doesn't really mean I'm truly d first to buy it in Nigeria, hope you get.

have you heard of one African player claimed to have scored more goals than the FIFA-claimed highest goal scorer? If no, there is this Godfrey Chitalu from Zambia
So, if someone is not rated higher does not mean he does not have more than another. THERE MAY BE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE RICHER THAN HIM.
And remember, it's not their money they use to rate them, it's their establishment's worth, so you dont expect a person who got his money from rituals to stress on establishment.

Some people are more spiritually endowed than others. There are testimonies in churches from people who turned HIV negative from positive. So, you dont know how many were infected with Ebola and how all of them got their healing , someone somewhere might have got his or her healing in one spiritual place or d other outside science
THE FACT IS THAT, YOU CANNOT KNOW EVERYTHING WHICH YOU ARE TRYING TO DO, NEVER! OUR BRAINS ARE LIMITED TO SOME EXISTENCE, MORE THAN HUMAN COMPREHENSION. BELIEVE IT OR DONT.

NOTE : I'll soon shun this conversation.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HomoSapiien: 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Should it? Yes it should.

Then your claims is absurd and cannot be taken as truth.

You cant know everything about something.

Agreed. But that shouldn't give us the go ahead of attaching things we can't even comprehend to them. What we don't know, we try to know. We don't sit down and speculate what it might be when actually we know within ourselves that speculations are not always right.

Besides, some things are meant to secret which they continue to be.

Only the truth will be open for scrutiny. Of course false things will remain secret in a bit to abscond from scrutiny.

Do you think those human parts we hear on news that are cut are for consumption? NO! THEY ARE NOT.

Read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3376201/imagine-blood-money-real

At bold part. Tell me what does atheism say about spiritual powers then?

Atheism is the total lack of belief of belief in the existence of God or gods. And yes atheist can be spiritual.

NB: I'm not an atheist.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
Pr0ton:

No offence intended.

THE BOLD: It's funny you can abuse a stranger and finally end up with that RED TEXT. grin
Simply because of what you dont know grin

The more reason I'll have to abandon this argument.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
HomoSapiien:

True that. However you still have no prove to show for it aside your claim. Just so i can make some random claims.

Of course they won't reveal their secrets. If they do, they won't be able to further fool gullible minds into believing their lies.

A single search of "magic exposed" on Google, shows their tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohbBx0cMQJo

In case you can download, i will help you download them and share them with you in the group.

lol, so they use tigers left left ball for disappearing and appearing?

Blush already addressed this sha.

I think you saw LOL after that example of left ball, that should give you an idea that it's a funny possible example. Anyway if you think your belief is all abt logic video you watched, I've seen more than that, upon all TERRESTRIAL POWERS STILL EXIST, THUS GOD EXISTS.

This may be my last response to you concerning this.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HomoSapiien: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hawlahscho:

I think you saw LOL after that example of left ball, that should give you an idea that it's a funny possible example. Anyway if you think your belief is all abt logic video you watched, I've seen more than that, upon all TERRESTRIAL POWERS STILL EXIST, THUS GOD EXISTS.

This may be my last response to you concerning this.

okay, to cut the long story short, your belief in the existence of God is solely because terrestrial powers exist, isn't it?

Still yet, you haven't prove how Yahweh aka Jesus is the true
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
HomoSapiien:
[size=50pt]Agreed.[/size] But that shouldn't give us the go ahead of attaching things we can't even comprehend to them. What we don't know, we try to know. We don't sit down and speculate what it might be when actually we know within ourselves that speculations are not always right.

If truly you agree that you cant know everything, you shouldn't have typed the latter.
Those things you still cannot comprehend remain d secret that ain't available for you understanding maybe YET.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
HomoSapiien:

NB: I'm not an atheist. [/i]

LOL
Only if you can agree that you're confused of who you are. grin
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by Hawlahscho(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
HomoSapiien:

okay, to cut the long story short, your belief in the existence of God is solely because terrestrial powers exist, isn't it?

Still yet, you haven't prove how Yahweh aka Jesus is the true

Have you accepted that terrestrial powers exist?
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HomoSapiien: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hawlahscho:

If truly you agree that you cant know everything, you shouldn't have typed the latter.

when i said we cannot know everything, i was referring to the universe as a whole and not some hocus pocus in the name of African magic.

No prove to show for witches. No prove to show for those that kill their fellow human for rituals. Are they really getting money from demons after killing for it? No prove. I told you to read that hardmirror's thread, maybe you will see the point I'm trying to make.

Btw, why is it that those babalawo's that do rituals are not always rich? Why is it that they are limited to villages including witches and wizards? Perhaps they are trying to cover their antics in other to fool the ignorant folks in their environment. Funny enough, educated fellow like you still believe those shits.

If truly their is charm that won't allow gun or matchete to penetrate your body, why didn't those people come out to face boko-haram since they can't be killed by guns?

Those things you still cannot comprehend remain d secret that ain't available for you understanding maybe YET.

nothing is secret my friend. Only lies are kept secret, nothing truthful is a secret. That's what you are not getting here.
Re: 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism by HomoSapiien: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hawlahscho:

LOL
Only if you can agree that you're confused of who you are. grin

I know who i am bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Faith Without Works Is Dead" - Olamide Obire / The Garden Of Eden Is In This EXACT Location. Secrets Declassified. / 6 Signs That You Are Being Attacked Spiritually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.