Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video (18781 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Denies Tweeting About Igbos're Becoming Irrelevant / Green Card: Woke Soyinka Denies Making The Demeaning Report / MASQUERADE Job:lai Mohammed Denies Making Such Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by simon16: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
mayama:
Be more constructive in your criticism.
I totally agree. This response is so inappropriate. And she has a working class cockney accent. The woman was born and bred in England for crying out loud. Stop showing your ignorance. Madam minister carry go jor; love your style!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
I want to however, assure everybody, that, if there was ever a time to get this economy right, it is now.. Hon. Kemi Adeosun (Minister Of Finance)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I think we should stop calling the Present Government APC. It is the Nigerian government. Their decisions affect every Nigerian especially those in the country.

We can work with current and past administration.

We can not tell them to keep quiet about the mismanagement. They need to drum this into the ears of Nigerians so the Nigerians can have patience and not expect unrealistic results.

I have faith that we will come out of these challenges successfully. I like the passion and Belief of the Presidential team.

It takes capital to fix things. For now we do not have capital. So, we need to battle this challenge slowly. We do not have quick fix for this.
Brother, you should know who government works : once you come on board, you get started immediately, do your bits and move on. That's the pattern everywhere. I've never witnessed any serious government spending so much time and efforts in blaming the past administrations like the APC is doing. At best, it shows the APC isn't any different from the past fools whose only competence was to desire to have a decent oil price and then all was well. Now we don't have that luxury any more; this is the real test of leadership and competence. Let the APC get its acts together and give Nigerians some hope.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lobatan01:

Brother, you should know who government works : once you come on board, you get started immediately, do your bits and move on. That's the pattern everywhere. I've never witnessed any serious government spending so much time and efforts in blaming the past administrations like the APC is doing. At best, it shows the APC isn't any different from the past fools whose only competence was to desire to have a decent oil price and then all was well. Now we don't have that luxury any more; this is the real test of leadership and competence. Let the APC get its acts together and give Nigerians some hope.

I followed Obama's government and he spent over two years blaming the last government. Some people criticised him for that.

That did not mean President Obama was not working. Before the end of his tenure, things became better and the troops in Iraq returned home.

As long as we are in this situation, we can not shrink from why we are in this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by simon16: 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
There is recession. What can we do personally to survive is the way forward not all these idle comments of who said what, when and where!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by fortune242(m): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
fulfillment2020:
Lie lie woman, she said it in the video even before she tweeted it.
Yoruba's are incompetent when it comes to management, that's how they ran aground Kingsway stores, UTC, Leventis, John Holt etc.
Abeg who's comparing this mere accountant with NOI? its not by forming fake british accent.
An average Nigerian is always bias, what does her incompetency has to do with Yoruba or no no Yoruba. all these are Government diplomacy, it has nothing to do with tribe..

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by hucienda: 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
So she made those comments afterall.

So why lie about it? Even to the extent of lying about her twitter handle and declaring it a parody? Do these guys take everyone as fools?

The way these APC people lie even when the truth is obvious for all to see is beyond shameless and so pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I followed Obama's government and he spent over two years blaming the last government. Some people criticised him for that.

That did not mean President Obama was not working. Before the end of his tenure, things became better and the troops in Iraq returned home.

As long as we are in this situation, we can not shrink from m why we are in this.
Some of us who understand how the Nigerian economy works can and are willing to bear with the government, knowing fully well it can't perform any magic; we've been stealing and wasting our today's wealth Inn the years past. But the average man on the streets just want to see results - positive results.

In times like these, the government should communicate more with the people. All this aura of arrogance and pride should be shoved aside by the government. Guy, folks are literally begging on the streets.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lobatan01:

Some of us who understand how the Nigerian economy works can and are willing to bear with the government, knowing fully well it can't perform any magic; we've been stealing and wasting our today's wealth Inn the years past. But the average man on the streets just want to see results - positive results.

In times like these, the government should communicate more with the people. All this aura of arrogance and pride should be shoved aside by the government. Guy, folks are literally begging on the streets.

Definitely. People do not even want explanations but results. I think we should look into the idea of borrowing massively to alleviate the suffering. We must survive first.

I agree with sensitization but we need to save those suffering and dying on the streets.

The Government should increase our debt and create these capital projects. After that, they can take drastic measures. Without buffers, the economic reforms can turn out a punishment for Crimes millions of Nigerians did not commit.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
hucienda:

So why lie about it? Even to the extent of lying about her twitter handle and declaring it a parody? Do these guys take everyone as fools?

The way these APC people lie even when the truth is obvious for all to see is beyond shameless and so pathetic.

She did not make the tweet.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Definitely. People do not even want explanations but results. I think we should look into the idea of borrowing massively to alleviate the suffering. We must survive first.

I agree with sensitization but we need to save those suffering and dying on the streets.

The Government should increase our debt and create these capital projects. After that, they can take drastic measures. Without buffers, the economic reforms can turn out a punishment for Crimes millions of Nigerians did not commit.

Thanks.

Thanks too.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by raphealolami(m): 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
It is only blindminded people that will see anything wrong in what she said as far as this video is concerned.

Can Nigerians please deal with issues for once? Haba!!!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Eluwilussit(m): 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
abokibuhari:

HEAVEN rejoices over this strayed soul, for you were blind but now you can see, you were deaf but now you can hear. Go and sin no more.

WAILERS GREETERS MINISTRY cool

This na 180° turn o. grin

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by simon16: 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
hucienda:

Just watching the video. No big issues.
You Pop people will need to wait another 100 years. Okonjo Iweal was a disappointment!
Upon all her qualifications she could barely function. Wasted 8 years of a good economy.
Shameless PDP govt!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by simon16: 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2016
hucienda:

You Pop people will need to wait another 100 years. Okonjo Iweala was a disappointment!
Upon all her qualifications she could barely function. Wasted 8 years of a good economy.
Shameless PDP govt!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
We can come out of this recession. We can make sure it as short as possible,by sticking to the prescription which is,
1. We must be disciplined in our expenditures.
2. We must invest in our capital and
3. We must diversify our economy.. Hon. Kemi Adeosun (Minister Of Finance)
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by AreaFada2: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
Madam Phonetic Kemi, you said so ma. @4:24-4:25 that "recession is a word".

It does not matter if explaining something.

This is suggesting that people's suffering is nothing.

How can people you trivialise their misery support you? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
simon16:

You Pop people will need to wait another 100 years. Okonjo Iweal was a disappointment!
Shameless PDP govt!
She is far better than Kemi. There's no shame if kemi takes lectures from a world renowned economist NOI. Or better still seek advice from persons like pat Utomi,Soludo e tc

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by maduks4u1: 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
I have made it clear, again and again that Nigeria is a hoax. Forget the things you always hear on 9shocked'clock news, its all lies. Nigeria is and has always been fundamentally and structurally defective therefore, it will be pretty impossible for it to "hold"- and in fact, it hasn't since it's assemblage by the evil British. Disintegration of the nation states within the the Nigeria geographical space, or total politico-economic restructuring is what must be done quickly, and all other things shall be added into us.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Standing5(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lionsclaw:
Abegi you guys should leave the woman alone.

I am a wailer but refuse to be an unreasonable zombie

I have watched the video and she said but ONLY as part of a speech where she was motivating us to be strong in the face of our national economic challenges.

She did not use make it as a stand alone sentence. So what is all this noise about, truth is recession is just a word depending on the determination and spirit of the people.

The only thing I am enjoying about it is that my warning to folks about voting for Buhari has more than come to pass and he Buhari has made me a Nigerian in Diaspora become a millionaire in naira. grin
Same thing applies to those who export product or services. Most wailers here have no real skill and are people who think govt must subsidize their laziness all times.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
Real2020:
She needs to resign for practically destroying this country. She thinks this is Owambe

Have you had your cup of Ugu this morning? Why don't you go and remove her yourself? Stewpid Ipooo he-goat!!!! You think we are talking second hand spare parts economy here?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Bethelwealthy(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
she sounds excellently like an ordinary accountant, she practically have no idea how economy is manouvred and hinged......
If she can point out to one economy or country all over the world that has no record of huge recurrent, i'll be at peace with her opinion.
.weting i dey talk self? undecided
thot they said they saved 2trillions in 9months?
shey dey said custom made 769billion in 3 months?
Shey they said FIRS is now generating in the gross of 300%?
..................these guys COMPLAIN FOR A LIVING.
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by repogirl(f): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
Video evidence of her saying the rubbish. I guess it was a parody video and a parody speech she was making.

You see how grown adults are lying even when the evidence is there? God pls save us from #lying liars!

Besides, everything she said in that video Na wash!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by briyane: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
;Dabokibuhari
HEAVEN rejoices over this strayed soul, for you were blind but now you can see, you were deaf but now you can hear. Go and sin no more.

WAILERS GREETERS MINISTRY

La Wailers Greeters Ministry la growing!
;Dabokibuhari

WAILERS GREETERS MINISTRY

La Wailers Greeters Ministry la growing!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by adconline(m): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
Fact of the matter is that she borrowed heavily as an Ogun commissioner. Ogun owes more money than it generates and now she talking as if everyone has a memorial loss.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by CioAngels(f): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
Dear Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, May i ask you, should the poor be responsible to pay for Nigeria Reccession intentionaly inflicted on Her by the Richies and the Stealling Politicians? It is a fact the saying, that the Rich take from the Poor to get Richer. If not so, why should UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA 'UBA' sent to ne August statement sept 1st at 9pm to sept 2nd at 1.20pm 3 statements of account so that they will charge and deduct for SMS. I think this is FRAUD. I thought 1st is a thief, UBA is armed Robber.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by adconline(m): 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lobatan01:

No you don't! Ogun debt profile is one the highest in Naija and it doesn't have the capacity to pay back.. She was the commissioner of finance responsible for that.
Having 6% GDP in the last couple of years vs having -2.6% growth is indefensible!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by chysam: 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
lawyer:
And to think few months back APC sponsored an Article in the Economist labeling GEJ as an Ineffectual Buffoon despite the fact he handed over Africa's Largest Economy to Kemi Adeosun but under 15months she and her band of clueless APC government have destroyed the very fabric of existence of Nigerians with her bad economic policies. GEJ handed over to her $1-N215. This morning its $1-N425. Kemi Adeosun is the real economic ineffectual buffoon and she is completely clueless on how to get us out of this recession.

Buhari himself cannot hide from this malaise plaguing Nigerians now. As soon as he took over government, he did not rally the country together to improve the economy. Rather he spent the first 6 months empowering anti pdp social media critics to abuse and blame GEJ meanwhile the economy was crumbling with no ministers, no economic team or special advisers to help stem this rot. Everyday it was one stupid story or the other about how "minister A stole $20billion or Commissioner B hiding $80billion in his toilet" and his social media agents were making fun of everyone in PDP while the economy was tanking right under his nose. He did not provide any kind of economic marshal plan to move Nigeria forward but was busy playing Ludo with the CBN governor banning forex today, restricting forex tomorrow, banning importation of everything without granting manufacturers any option on how to do it themselves rather it was a competition to win the award of "who can blame GEJ/PDP the most". By the time Buhari selected Ministers to hit the ground as promised in their campaigns, the economy was already finished with no one to guide it properly.

Today all of them in APC both on social media and in Government have realized that they have messed up and Nigerians are turning on them. Its now they realize they are in power and are feebly trying to fix the damage they caused which would be very difficult because they were not prepared to govern in the first place talk less of being expert managers of the economy. Now they have stopped spreading silly propaganda about who chopped Nigeria's money and changed it to " e go better". Even Lai Mohammed's mouth is feeling the recession too because he has no new lies or fairy tales to dish out to Nigerians anymore. Nigerians don't deserve these kind of ineffectual buffoons in APC running our Government.

List the features of a largest economy. List only 10 and leave the rest.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Ugosample(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
helovesme:
You wailers need to get off this woman's backside and let her breath !!!!

Why all the hate? Is it because she is Yoruba?

She is going nowhere. You guys better get used to it.

Why isn't the absolutely clueless CBN governor not getting the same heat and hate as this woman? Do you people know how many policies Enebeli or whatever he calls himself has come up with and reversed in the last 12 months? All he's been doing is "trial and error".

Buhari is really falling my hand. That CBN guy was GEJ's appointment and he should have been dropped like hot trash the very day Buhari was sworn in as president and replaced. I know he has the executive powers to do this, so I do not understand why he's stalling.

Agreed the wailers and "5%" will cry and scream blue murder if he's removed as he's one of their own. However, ignore them. It was under this same CBN guy that there was allocation and sharing of dollars up and down by GEJ's government with no accountability. That CBN guy has to go ASAP!!!

Replace him with someone sensible/intelligent to work with Kemi Adesoun and sit back and see how things will change for the better.

Madam go siddon

This Kemi is an incompetent woman, simple and short.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kachikwu is trying.
He seems to have found a lasting solution to fuel scarcity and ended the scam of subsidy.
TheGoodJoe:

When we look at the situation of things, we can understand the enormous tasks these people are facing.

Another minister impressing me is Hon. Ibe Kachikwu. He made so much innovations that is keeping this country afloat.

Most especially how he got the foreign importers to share the burden of the Forex required in importing petroleum products.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by willibounce1(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wetin this woman even achieve for ogun state wey dem con carry am do minister of finance... I don't understand how people lie shamelessly. Just admit when you do something wrong and resign if you do.not have the power and brain to do things you are being paid millions for
Re: Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video by Pavarottii(m): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
handsomeclouds:
Honestly, this woman is only fit for Accountant General.
We need an Economist as the Minister of Finance.
Modified: I bet all the people who comment up there didn't watch the video
Truly she said recession is just a word.
She equally said we can come out of recession by sticking to the prescription which is being disciplined in expenditure, invest in capital and diversity our economy
But following d recent release by PdP; it has shown that she has failed in d solutions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Not Yet Nigerian President – Rep, Sopuluchukwu Ezeonwuka / Edo Assembly Seats: PDP 12, APC 8, LP 1 As INEC Declares 3 Inconclusive / Balogun-Fulani: We Paid Ransom For Our Freedom, Our Kidnappers Were Fulanis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.