Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,542 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria (23923 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North / 10 Reasons Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria / ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Rekyz(m): 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
@OP, are there no terrorists, rapists, armed robbers, thugs, assasins etc in these countries where guns are legalised? You never see food chop, you the find way to take own guns. Spits on post.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by anyicash(m): 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
Let us view it this way, The issue of Rape or other Crime related activities can happen occasionally, may be once in a week or month or even year, it varies...But from the day the use of guns is been legalized in Nigeria, then you have to get ready to count the number of dead bodies every minute or hour and in a very streets. We don't have that mentality to start using guns my brother...abeg i disagree with you in totality....don't forget this "guns don't kill people, people kill people"
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Akalia(m): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
Op I couldn't agree more but the only possible reason I won't totally give credence to a bill been passed to that effect is that it will likely plunge our society into one that thrives on violence; all the criminal stereotypes will become loose canons.
Personally I love guns, matter of fact after GOD and Money next is guns for me wink
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by THYRAIN(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ur head dey thier O! i the hear u.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by achieverme(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Nice write up but I don't support it.

Mr Stanley who owns a registered gun might become so broke and the next thing is go to the next shop along the street and steal.
Youths can handle gun because they have one. If someone says ''your dead mama was an ashawo'' the next thing is to za...

Finally, I don't support legalisation of fire arms. My babe fit shoot me if I no sabi blow well. Remember chuks is also blowing her...

Do you feel comfortable with that? I mean, someone blowing her aside you? Or it doesn't matter?
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
they don't have to legalize any damn thing!go learn self-defence training and create security awareness in your environment.

only a criminal lives by the gun. even if you have a gun to protect yourself, the so-called criminal could get you un-aware. use the life of cult -members as a case study.

1 Like

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by quickly: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
uyi26:
Many people don’t seem to realize the benefit of legalizing guns in Nigeria. They think of the disadvantages alone, not the advantages. Why are we narrow-mindedly opinionated about this issue?

1. Men go into a house to rape a defenseless girl. Would they try that if they knew she’s armed with a gun? Rapists want to rape and live, not to rape and die.

2. Many aged parents still cry days and nights, while their broken souls plead for vengeance. Their innocent children were killed in Jos and elsewhere while they were serving their fatherland.

3. In Nigeria, most criminals want to do bad things to people and go scot-free. If they knew people had guns as well, they would think twice.

4. I must be blunt, what gives most criminals the gut to attack people is because people are defenseless. If 20 assassins go to a man’s house, they’ll kill him. But the man can kill up to 3 of them before he dies. This is better than when the man is killed without being able to kill anyone in return.

5. One-Chance, terrorists, herdsmen, militants, money ritualists, armed robbers, thugs, bullies, etc., are able to go away unscathed in most cases because their victims don’t have guns. To be frank, those who attack you have power over you only because they’re armed and you’re not.

6. If most members communities have guns in their hands, do you think armed robbers would like to go to their lion’s den to molest them?

7. Militants that terrorize communities would be afraid to do so; unless they’re going on suicide missions. The same is true of mad Jihadists. No mad or rabid dog would deliberately run into a burning fire.

8. Domestic violence would cease…. A corrupt cop would cease pointing their gun to a poor and helpless okada rider because of N100.

9. Lazy thugs that collect money they don’t work for would think twice before they start cursing or threatening their victims, ordering for money they don’t work for.

10. It’s true, many people would die. But the remaining people alive would sit right. They would show respect for one another. Politeness would prevail and crimes would be reduced to almost zero. Isn’t there any sense in this?

P.S Seun please tell your mods to move this to the front page.

Can't work in naija. Ppl r mentally unstable and 2 aggressive. Even without guns Ppl die daily. Fight every where .

Even at that Ppl still.have guns
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by LordVoldemort(m): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
AbdulAdam56:
Police be like

So what happens when you pull .39 on omo onile and he pulls an assault rifle back? The equation is back to normal you will still give him is money or he will beat the shit out of u with you gun
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Surfboard(m): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nigeria's peace is already fragile, legalising firearms will just set everything off. It'll be like setting ourselves on fire, please it's not worth it.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Niyinficient(m): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
publicenemy:

You are a baby.

Calling him a baby for his opinion? Going by this, then u must b a swimming spermatozoa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Vince77(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Checked86:
We are premature for that. Your ex can come for your head

my thoughts exactly
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by HMZi: 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Its not a bad idea,but not now,maybe 30years from nw... . . .if gun laws dey relaxed for this country,peace go vanish.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by chefremy(m): 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
uyi26:
Many people don’t seem to realize the benefit of legalizing guns in Nigeria. They think of the disadvantages alone, not the advantages. Why are we narrow-mindedly opinionated about this issue?

1. Men go into a house to rape a defenseless girl. Would they try that if they knew she’s armed with a gun? Rapists want to rape and live, not to rape and die.

2. Many aged parents still cry days and nights, while their broken souls plead for vengeance. Their innocent children were killed in Jos and elsewhere while they were serving their fatherland.

3. In Nigeria, most criminals want to do bad things to people and go scot-free. If they knew people had guns as well, they would think twice.

4. I must be blunt, what gives most criminals the gut to attack people is because people are defenseless. If 20 assassins go to a man’s house, they’ll kill him. But the man can kill up to 3 of them before he dies. This is better than when the man is killed without being able to kill anyone in return.

5. One-Chance, terrorists, herdsmen, militants, money ritualists, armed robbers, thugs, bullies, etc., are able to go away unscathed in most cases because their victims don’t have guns. To be frank, those who attack you have power over you only because they’re armed and you’re not.

6. If most members communities have guns in their hands, do you think armed robbers would like to go to their lion’s den to molest them?

7. Militants that terrorize communities would be afraid to do so; unless they’re going on suicide missions. The same is true of mad Jihadists. No mad or rabid dog would deliberately run into a burning fire.

8. Domestic violence would cease…. A corrupt cop would cease pointing their gun to a poor and helpless okada rider because of N100.

9. Lazy thugs that collect money they don’t work for would think twice before they start cursing or threatening their victims, ordering for money they don’t work for.

10. It’s true, many people would die. But the remaining people alive would sit right. They would show respect for one another. Politeness would prevail and crimes would be reduced to almost zero. Isn’t there any sense in this?

you should know nigeria people and their mentality better.any small quarrelling they would remove their guns outside and kill themselves.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by flokii: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
Valid points. But trust Africans to abuse it

See what they are facing in America and co.. The one in Naija here won't be funny
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Ryocaj(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
It doesn't make sense.. u will just increase d num of burial ceremonies to attend... There are a lot of trigger happy ppl out there.. There are a lot of Ppl with anger management issues.. crisis management issues.. crime Wi definitely increase... We just av 2 hope n pray err'day ...
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Tkayhandsome(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
I am a jealous lover. I don't share my woman. The very day she cheats, I'll just give her a departure sex and that's our last meeting. I don't cheat, so make no woman cheat me..
achieverme:

Do you feel comfortable with that? I mean, someone blowing her aside you? Or it doesn't matter?
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by longerthroat(m): 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
brother for this hunger and vexation period, dead bodies with litter the street.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Anabel(f): 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Legalisation of guns in Nigeria?? Toh!! I have plenty senators on my mind to kill. grin

I love this country too much to accept that kinda law. Take football rivalry for example. All those Arsenal fans can shoot we Man Utd fans when we win the league this season out of jealousy.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
as interesting as the points op gave might sound, it still doesnt worth it because of the kind of people living in nigeria. many people on the streets, in their homes are not mentally sound. from those confused about their life to those who like causing trouble. u wouldnt want to empower these people with unstable minds with a loaded gun. everytime there are reports of people pouring hot water, hot oil on their neighbours or lovers under any slight provocation. the next category are those who use cutlass to hack down their relatives over arguments on money and food. its not a wise decision to arm the populace with leathal weapons bearing in mind the dangers caused by even the use of non lethal weapons by these same people. so its not a welcomed idea. if it should happen, the media will be full of reports of family members, friends, lovers and neighbours being shot point blank by one angry fellow on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Ranchhoddas: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2016
publicenemy:

You are a baby.
A very big, foolish idiotic baby.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by oglalasioux(m): 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2016
Makes a lot of sense but the black African is not matured enough to have such privilege. In saner climes guns are used for defence. Try deregulating gun ownership in Nigeria and our streets will pile up with corpses daily; from people fighting over a girl/boy to football arguments, it'll be deadly.

1 Like

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
I support your assertions.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by HomeOfMe(f): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
youngest85:
U make sense die!

Can't wait 4 d implementation.....my landlord is my first target!
You see! That's the more reason why it won't be legalised. Now your landlord is your target,others it's the igbos intimidating them with wealth and snatching their girlfriends,while others might just want to kill because they just hate your face for no reason!

1 Like

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by samexycool(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
it will also increase kiling
http://uniuyoupdayr
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
No sense at all. You will have many people die and almost everyone that killed go to jail for some reasons. You don't just win a murder case based on "self defence". You must prove the attack. Now, the prisons are already over filled who will take care of the increase?
Carrying guns is not what makes a society sane. A society is sane because the people chose to be. Nigerians and the black community too can choose to be too. A society must be sane first before allowing carriage of guns.

1 Like

Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by namuguibe(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
When people are hungry na gun dem go come go market buy??
USA is thinking of gun control and this OP is suggesting everyone buy a gun in Naija .... undecided
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Aroh48(m): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
Op, you are right. But legalizing gun in Nigeria,you we just wake one morning and found that the whole street is litter wt dead bodies.I have a bad temper,when I am angry I can even kill a person.Let alone when I have a gun,I will just kill everybody around me once I get angry.Even in 2019,when APC we come campaigning in my area;I wil just kill all of them.
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by Nimbo123: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
U make good point bro.i still wonder hw America got to legalised gun despite d high rate of racism.buh in Nigeria I cld only wish we had a system dt works.den maybe we can start to fink to legalising anyfin
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by ralphmayor247: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
It a good idea
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by donj84: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
uyi26:

Bros if they legalise gun,the masses that will still suffer..can u compare a pistol to a AK47,so if you dont have money to bhy AK47 and u settle for pistol,how u wan shoot pistol wen armed robbers hold AK47...secondly we will be worse than Jamaica and south Africa in percentage of murders..you won't have a neighbour,teacher because anyone that offend you u would want to kill,and think of how many people that envy u or dislike you because you are progressing..bros that's a negative suggestion oooo..we are black with black heart o
Re: Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria by kenturkish(m): 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
SMH it's legal to own a gun in Nigeria, the question is what type of gun? You can own a double barrel or a single barrel 12 gauge shot gun. Popularly known as pump action. You can't own a hand gun (pistol) or an assault Rifle. You just need a police license which is no big deal. So OP correct your misleading heading.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prayer Session In Remembrance Of Abubakar Olusola Saraki (Photos) / Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs / Hakeem Odumosu Warns Ikorodu Traditionalists To Stop Fortifying Gang Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.