Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:31 PM

Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State (24437 Views)

Boy Scores 400 In Post-UTME Exam Of Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo / Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State Post UTME Update / Application Letter Written By A Female Graduate Of Federal Poly Nekede (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by Decryptor(m): 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
TeamSimple:

Stop misinforming people here based on your personal feelings.
I schooled in ABU zaria ,and i can tell you openly that before i left the institution ,all the HOD's in my Faculty were christians except for Hausa and Arabic department.

A certain Northern christian literature lecturer was transfered to Nsukka ,but he had to get re transfered to BUK,due to the high level of ethnic and religious politics being played out..that the only sensible post given to a non igbo is agricultural extension and that was mrs adeosun.
Infact how many nothern muslims do you see accepted for PGD,masters or PHD.come to ABU,they make up the larger part of graduants.

The earlier you realise that the lecturer composition of nigeria universities is determined by the recepient state tribe and dominating religious the better for your understanding.

I think its only in southwest we find something different.

Bro...the person talking to you was born and has lived in the North and from the East. You mentioned Kaduna as parenthesis but seem to have forgotten that Kaduna (which coincidentally is my birthplace) is made up of Northern and Southern parts where the North is mainly Muslim and the South Christians so incidentally the administrative strata of almost all Govt and Corporate institutions will have that balance of religios representation.

I was thinking you would have mentioned core Northern states like Sokoto, Zamfara et al.

The earlier we tell ourselves the truth that we are divided along ethnic and religious lines in this country, the better!
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by legendte(m): 1:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I see the hypocritical bigots, as usual, already shamelessly masturbating, groaning and crying like little children all over the thread.
While they re never condemned for their own bigotry and ethnic discrimination rampant in their own lands they delightfully enjoy to concoct and highlight non-existing stories, in a desperate bid to paint northerners for what they re not.
My sisters husband who is a southern non Muslim working in that very university has never had any reason to complain of any discrimination.
I served as a youth corper in the eastern part of the country and was a regular at their universities and not for once did I ever come across a northerner who holding any key position in any of those universities. As a SS all tru my days in the university I never came across a lectural frm northern extraction let alone one holding any key positions.
Our southern institutions re dominated by our own pple and evrbdy seems satisfied with this tradition.
Why all these unnecessary campaign of hate against the north?
Why do we seem sooooo desperate to stoke and incite hate agAinst the north?
The other day it was CAN crying over John Kerry's visit to the sultan.
Yesterday it was FFK wailing over Mark Zukerberg's attempt to simply patronise the north, a practice common amongst foreign notables.
When re we gonna stop all this unnecessary attempt to create war amongst ourselves?
Well, I know fools, as usual, will easily buy into this and further worsen the state of their already pained souls.
We shud stop using our own hands to deaden our souls.
What kind of trash is this? How many of them are residing in South and seek for employment there? We are talking about people that are already in the system being removed and you are saying trash. My principal when I was in one of the unity schools in Nigeria is from north. Channel your frustration to Buhari who has ridiculed the efforts of our past leaders who thought it wise to introduce federal character.
You can vouch for yourself and not others. I am personally not in support of ethno-religious crises but we must first of all recognise our problems before we proffer solutions

1 Like

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by saintneo(m): 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I see the hypocritical bigots, as usual, already shamelessly masturbating, groaning and crying like little children all over the thread.
While they re never condemned for their own bigotry and ethnic discrimination rampant in their own lands they delightfully enjoy to concoct and highlight non-existing stories, in a desperate bid to paint northerners for what they re not.
My sisters husband who is a southern non Muslim working in that very university has never had any reason to complain of any discrimination.
I served as a youth corper in the eastern part of the country and was a regular at their universities and not for once did I ever come across a northerner who holding any key position in any of those universities. As a SS all tru my days in the university I never came across a lectural frm northern extraction let alone one holding any key positions.
Our southern institutions re dominated by our own pple and evrbdy seems satisfied with this tradition.
Yesterday it was FFK wailing over Mark Zukerberg's attempt to simply patronise the north, a practice common amongst foreign notables.
When re we gonna stop all this unnecessary attempt to create war amongst ourselves?
Well, I know fools, as usual, will easily buy into this and further worsen the state of their already pained souls.
There are northerners in nnpc, immigration, police, military offices in the south. They dominate the high ranks in these institutions due to tribalism not because of achievement.

Yes, there are little or no lecturers of northern origin in the Southern universities; however, this is not because of tribalism, the educated northerners fear competition.....they can't trive without tribalism and favouritism.

7 Likes

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by jamislaw(m): 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
sak them all, Is high time Northerners should take care of their selves.
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by Ugosample(m): 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
malton:

Much as this incident is a shame, your "analysis" is shallow, myopic and reeks of ignorance with lies tinged in between.

Tribalism is very common in Nigerian institutions. I come from Plateau State. In the University of Jos, in order to hold sway even as a lecturer, you must have come from the middle belt and especially, Plateau, followed very closely by the Igbos and Yorubas. And most importantly, you must be Christian.

You wil think that this is about tribe alone, but no, as humans we always have a way of exploiting our differences to gain advantages we usually wouldn't have had.

Case in point is Unizik, where I serve. Depite it being an Igbo school, you will always find Anambra people pitting wits against Igbos of other states. The VC's seat is still not given, not actually because of the magumagu he and his co-conspirator, the erstwhile VC employed to get him there, but because he is from Imo state, worst still, because he's "Mbaise" as they term it. I know this because I work right there. Even in the admission processes, in a class of 90 students, you will find that over 50 of those admitted are from Anambra, possibly with Imo getting 6 or 7, Enugu, 3 or 4, and Delta 2. Ebonyi is almost always 1 or 2. This same pattern characterizes the members of staff.

The difference is that the Igbos and those in Unijos go about it in a more civil, yet effective manner.

This is nothing peculiar to the Hausas alone, it is man's unkind treatment of mankind. Even as you typed that, you may already have been scheming on how to feed fatter than your other siblings from today's lunch, that is assuming that you still live with your parents as your response implies.

There's a reason why benevolence is such a rarity.

Very intelligent post.
I doff my hat for you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by sheddy03: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
because of such religious and tribal sentiments, north will forever remain backward educationally.
can a graduate of Hausa dominating university compete elsewhere other than in the north?
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by nyabinghi(m): 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
Anti northern and anti islamic post. The op can lie. How many northeners or muslims are senate members of unilag,oau,unn et al.
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by deliveryboy: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
People will decide to see issues from only one point of view. Most people who schooled in the eastern Nigeria can not speak with clear accent because of the homogeneity of their schools, students, academic and non-academic staff are all Igbos. I met a lady graduate who has never had a conversation with a Muslim, talk less of being lectured by a Muslim/northern lecturer. Here in Port Harcourt, as the economic downturn tightens up on businesses, companies (private international) are laying off staff, non-Igbos have suffered most casualties, even though they are minorities compared with the population of Igbos in these companies, there is now a name for the untouchables, the "Ohaneze", those who MUST not be laid off from their work. Having said all these, no one is crying foul, only the perpetrators of tribal/ethnic/religious crime are the first to cry victims all the time. The federal university in Katsina was established to cater for the people within the region. I studied in Ahmadu Bello University, more than 60% of my lecturers were Christians including all the HODs and Deans of Engineering throughout my stay but Christians will still cry foul no matter how many positions they hold. I am not in support of laying off already existing staff because of their religion or ethnicity, but they might have been employed because they are Christians in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by whysquaree(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
Dear OP.
Am currently a student studying in FUDMA and I can bear witness that most of the things U say are a blatant lie.
Am a student of Accounting department. As I am typing Mr. Osuagwu is in FUDMA today being Saturday 03/09/2016.
He dressed in all white caftan.
And for the other lecturers you claimed don't forget some of dem engaged in leaking Chem101 Exams.. Their appointment was terminated with due cause.

By the way am wishing the VC's Son a Ha
ppy Marriage Life

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by Salym(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
The former VC who hails from Benue, refused to employ Katsina State indigenes who should lawfully have a certain quota in the recruitment. Instead he employed people from Benue and other southern Christians in all the major positions in the University. Katsina people protested against such marginalisation in our own federal university but the governor then who happens to nurse the ambition of vice presidency refused to do nothing. The bigot VC has been removed, naturally all the illegal recruitments he did will be reversed.

1 Like

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by Enrichlee(m): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
walemoney007:
Let all the federal university in the south also terminate the contract of all northerners working in their school....simple
How many of them are there Can those northerners survive in the southern working environment. Even the private firms owned by the northerners don't put them in the helm of their affairs cus of there laxity at work. The main reason the civil service is their only goal and they will stop at nothing to claim that in their regions
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by adexoramo(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
In my own skul wher I finished frm I.e OAU...... The management don't suport a muslim VC even all major post are dominated by xtians.
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by giles14(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
fool do d north like u.

pls claiming to b from d SS is of no use say no to nepotism n tribalism.

dis act of d north are pushing to d wall so much.but der patron in chief will say nothing.

dis country is more divided presently dan it was in 1967-OBJ
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by Enrichlee(m): 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
nyabinghi:
Anti northern and anti islamic post. The op can lie. How many northeners or muslims are senate members of unilag,oau,unn et al.
As many that applied and qualified to work in those institutions and as many that are professors. Now ask yourself, how many northerners meet that requirement
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by kamalcole3000: 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
policy12:

Sometimes when you are almost dying for this country..then u read news like this and u got no better Choice than to give up ur belief in one Nigeria.

There is nothing and there can never be anything one about Nigeria.

There are only 2 alternatives if any to make Nigeria move forward
RESTRUCTURE IT OR BREAK IT.

It can be done!!
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by rufaikoko(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
I wonder why these rascals are putting forward some baseless points. You dear not apply for any appointments in the South as long as you are from the North because that will be automatic failure. But come to the North and witness the countless opportunities these idiots take. I stand with the VC, and call on others in the North to follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by nyabinghi(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
Enrichlee:
As many that applied and qualified to work in those institutions and as many that are professors. Now ask yourself, how many northerners meet that requirement
many
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by giles14(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
malton:

Much as this incident is a shame, your "analysis" is shallow, myopic and reeks of ignorance with lies tinged in between.

Tribalism is very common in Nigerian institutions. I come from Plateau State. In the University of Jos, in order to hold sway even as a lecturer, you must have come from the middle belt and especially, Plateau, followed very closely by the Igbos and Yorubas. And most importantly, you must be Christian.

You wil think that this is about tribe alone, but no, as humans we always have a way of exploiting our differences to gain advantages we usually wouldn't have had.

Case in point is Unizik, where I serve. Depite it being an Igbo school, you will always find Anambra people pitting wits against Igbos of other states. The VC's seat is still not given, not actually because of the magumagu he and his co-conspirator, the erstwhile VC employed to get him there, but because he is from Imo state, worst still, because he's "Mbaise" as they term it. I know this because I work right there. Even in the admission processes, in a class of 90 students, you will find that over 50 of those admitted are from Anambra, possibly with Imo getting 6 or 7, Enugu, 3 or 4, and Delta 2. Ebonyi is almost always 1 or 2. This same pattern characterizes the members of staff.

The difference is that the Igbos and those in Unijos go about it in a more civil, yet effective manner.

This is nothing peculiar to the Hausas alone, it is man's unkind treatment of mankind. Even as you typed that, you may already have been scheming on how to feed fatter than your other siblings from today's lunch, that is assuming that you still live with your parents as your response implies.

my broda its everywhere but dat of d core north is excess.

u are from plateau also in d north .pls with all sincerity can u b offered employment in a state like sokoto if u are not a Muslim
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by giles14(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
fool do d north like u.

dis act of d north are pushing to d wall so much.but der patron in chief will say nothing.

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by eph12(m): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
TeamSimple:

Answer my question if you can,and if you cant allow someone else to.
Has anyone been sacked for no reason?
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by lordkhalifa(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
one thing is certain, WAEC will keep disappointing mallams , they can't get admission without passing their SSCE exams, unless they have inside man to handle the situation, what am I saying every thing is achievable once Doghari is the President of this country
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by giles14(m): 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
sageer1706:
The problem with us is that we are too sentiment in our judgment, in my school (usman danfodio uni sokoto) there are so many christians and southerners as lecturer (DRs and PROFs) infact with juicy positions, the likes of NSUKA, uniben, UI, abraka etc I can tell u that u will hardly find a northerner been admitted as a student not to talk of been a lecturer. And pls I will like somebody to prove me wrong with evidence.
danfodite well u lie .d best graduating student from dis years convocation with 4.88 from chemistry dept was not even recognized y simply because she's is Igbo n Christian. so let's don't even go der

1 Like

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by repogirl(f): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
This is the kind of news that gets FFK mad! angry

It's very typical of them so I am not surprised and they will be the first people to call others Bigots, they probably don't know the meaning of the word. Funny set of people, these Northern muslims.
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by lordkhalifa(m): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
No wonder we keep producing half chunk illiterates from Northern Universities
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by pazienza(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
malton:

What are you talking about? Are you high? Is Ahaneku not from Imo state, is Unizik in Imo state?

You are talking trash. Unizik has a regular mix of Anambra people and other Igbos In fairly equal proportion.

Stop speaking on issue you know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
giles14:
fool do d north like u.

I don't care whether or not they like me but stop trying too hard to incite to hate them. This is 'tribalism and nepotism' according to u thrives unhindered as well our universities in the South. Why aren't u bothered by that? Do u ve to call me a foool to argue ur point? U need to know that not everybdy must agree with u.
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
saintneo:

There are northerners in nnpc, immigration, police, military offices in the south. They dominate the high ranks in these institutions due to tribalism not because of achievement.

Yes, there are little or no lecturers of northern origin in the Southern universities; however, this is not because of tribalism, the educated northerners fear competition.....they can't trive without tribalism and favouritism.
When I was young I was told soooo many demeaning stories about northerners! I ignorantly despised them, even their beggars I used to send them away saying IBB and Abacha re their brothers!
I was told northerner are dull pple with no intellectual inclinations. However, my one youth service experience in the east with many corpers frm the north changed my mentality. I realised I had been very myopic over the years.
I currently live in yoruba land (with due respect to yorubas) and I ve seen a couple of phd holders who can't communicate proficiently in English language. But this doesn't mean yorubas re dull pple. It ll interest u to know that the north produced pple like Jega and sooooo many others we do not know about.
Let us drop all these unnecessary campaign of hate. I'm tired of hearing such craps.
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Humans have this tendency to have prejudice for one another on religious,ethnicity ground.Just as there is an exception in most physically laws.Nigeria's case of prejudice-arising-from-ethnicity-and-religion is an exception.Whenever I read comments from Nigerians on posts relating to ethnicity on Nairaland, I shake my head in sadness.
I am sad because the foundation of this country was faulty from the onset.The rate of distrust and bottled-up-hatred of tribes against other tribes is so alarming.
A country bedevilled with ethnicity and religion-hate can not experience positive development but will most likely head towards disintegration.And even if she doesn't break
up,there will be constant crisis and internal fighting.

1 Like

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
legendte:

What kind of trash is this? How many of them are residing in South and seek for employment there? We are talking about people that are already in the system being removed and you are saying trash. My principal when I was in one of the unity schools in Nigeria is from north. Channel your frustration to Buhari who has ridiculed the efforts of our past leaders who thought it wise to introduce federal character.
You can vouch for yourself and not others. I am personally not in support of ethno-religious crises but we must first of all recognise our problems before we proffer solutions
Ok, now I see where ur frustration emanates. Buhari being the President.
U claim buhari introduced ? Thanks and ve a nice day.
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by glo3nity: 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
walemoney007:
Let all the federal university in the south also terminate the contract of all northerners working in their school....simple

My dear, you don't pluck out a man's eyes because a tooth of yours was removed then their shall be no difference between you and your wicked assilant. Their evil shall surely catch up with them at due time, that is for sure!
Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by adams009: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
TeamSimple:
OP please i need you to do a research on Nsukka and tell me how many Norther Muslims we have in the university. Please i beg you, be objective.
No insults pls..just a question

The former VC used his position to bring his Benue people to the school without due process. During his time almost 90% of the staff were from Benue State. Is he saying there are not qualified staff from Katsina? The host state!
You hardly find or see any Hausa from the north in any of the FG universities located in the south

This writer failed to tell the truth story of why Benue State indigenene dominate alllother tribe including Katsina interms of staff's

1 Like

Re: Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State by ehikwe22: 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
you just succeeded in typing thrash. Why should anybody be sacked from his work for ethnoreligious reason ? the northerners going to replace them, are they qualified?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things A Fresher Should Know Before Resuming In A Tertiary Institution / Photos From Modibo Adama University Yola (mautech) / Charles Jide-Oni: OAU Disowns ‘Professor’ Arraigned For Fraud By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.