Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. (15131 Views)

How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! / Corporate Barber In Tie At His Work Place. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 9:34am On Sep 04, 2016
obstead200:

I blame u FULLY.
All ur actions and words summates that u were totally unprofessional. U were very petty in the office.
If u were asked to do something wrong, why did u not seek audience with ur CEO and explain to him the dangers in what the HR were asking u to do?
U claimed he was part of the clique, that is pure bullshit. He cannot support a clique at the expense if his own business.
Before making the recordings, u shud have notified ur CEO that u will have to make recordings of all the conversation as a proof to defend urself if he allows such issues to continue.

My personal opinion: there are other reasons why were suspended (or sacked). And it has to do with u squarely.

My advice: learn ur lesson and move on
You are wrong brother. I told you already I didn't want to make the post to long. The MD(co-owner') stance is that I don't report to her directly and therefore I should keep relating with the HR and others as stated in my appointment letter. Don't jugde what you didn't pass through like that please.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 9:40am On Sep 04, 2016
onegig:
This op sounds very petty.

You were employed and asked to bring your own personal system to work and they never gave you passwords to administrate pages and you had to "steal" it and in your small mind thought recording those conversations is right and a cover for your ineptitude?

From the little i have read. you sound like a big time pessimist. What's with the rubbish of IT equipment getting damaged? and if an equipment gets damaged, did you willifully damage it?

Why in the world would you record someone without their autorization thereby violating their privacy. You all seem like kids in that office of yours. With fellow employees going through phones and whatnot. And what the Bleep does it matter if they write bad things in your file? Are you planning to stay there for life or does that writing determine who goes to heaven or not?

I don't have an advice for you. Just a straightening up, that you need to grow up. Someone employs you to do something and does not give you the necessary tools of your work. You need to stand up and ask the director or whoever is in charge for it and not go behind gossiping and getting illegal passwords all over the place.
I never stole anything like you implied. Read and understand before commenting. The MD doesn't give me any audience. I tried that method too and she blanked me out. In fact I now wished I recorded those too.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 9:45am On Sep 04, 2016
onegig:

What tools please?

Screwdriver and blower? Or what exactly that you can't just move on?
Thanks.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:
Goodmorning Nlders,
I have a challenge concerning my 'former' work place which is a family business.
It all started after I was employed in 2012 as an IT support staff. The HR in my work place started giving me strange new conditions like: me bringing a laptop as part of my tools to the work place(even when I knew I didn't need it), and having to employ my own means(stealing) to get privileged info like passwords and software administration tips from the colleague I met in the department. The strange new rules kept coming from the HR and then my departmental colleague in form of friendly charges and at this point I decided to protect myself by secretly recording(audio) what I could to avoid being denied in the event of a disaster(data or key equipment loss).

The situation continued not without new challenges as I later got to realize that there was a clique among staffs (secret society type maintained by the business owners themselves;wife and husband). It got to a point where my colleague in department discovered the recordings, I suspect he combed through my phone while I charged it, and leaked it to his clique-the HR inclusive. This lead to me being targeted openly in the office and subsequently framed up and suspended indefinitely since some two years ago.

The Situation Now
As it stands now, they have secretly filed a termination of appointment letter into my file which I discovered by luck and when I asked for a copy of it through email they refused. I am considering taking up the case because:

1.) Before I was suspended the confrontation got serious and I have the particular staff who signed my letter of indefinite suspension on tape threatening to fill my file up so it will remain a stigma.I know their knowledge of this particular threat won't make them want to reveal the termination of appointment letter to me.

2.) They have no real case against me. In addition to this I replied the last query I was given and rightly denied the flimsy allegation I was framed up with.

Should I just let them stain my record easily? I asked the last question because I know there is a 99.999% chance of them doctoring incriminating stuffs into my file if my appointment can be terminated and kept secret from me by them.

From my findings and gauging of their mood around me after I was suspended, I strongly suspect they secretly hope I somehow come around one day and drop a resignation letter but I don't intend to go that way.

I need the advice of NL in the house on what step to take. Should I lodge a complaint with the police, take them to court or write Labour institutions for support?

2 years is a long time to be suspended and want to go back there. Do yu think u would be received with open arms ?

2 years is long to start a blog or business by now it would have grown.

Your star no like clique u wont do well working for people. Start your own business pls
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 10:11am On Sep 04, 2016
supersystems:

2 years is a long time to be suspended and want to go back there. Do yu think u would be received with open arms ?

Your star no like clique u wont do well working for people. Start your own business pls
I never saia I plan to go back. The Mod to pushed to FP gave that impression.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by XX01(f): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2016
Go to industrial arbitration court.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 10:15am On Sep 04, 2016
supersystems:

[b]Your star no like clique u wont do well working for people. Start your own business pls[b]
@the bold, very funny but still true.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 10:22am On Sep 04, 2016
opedaydydx9:
after two ND half yrs of experience u would make reference to it in ur resume or next application letter, u want to ruin ur future abi
Thanks.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:
@the bold, very funny but still true.

there's clique almost everywhere in life n if one doesnt belong it's long thing,the best thing when one doesnt like cliques is start one's own business. I've been there if i share my own story even as a guy u go weep. let's not go there.Just let them be
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by shurlermoz(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2016
We are watching you! angryWe are watching you!
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by stephnie44(f): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Na so I record my former boss when she say make I sleep with her. When I play am for her husband, him come sack me say I dey disobedient. Say I no respect him wife. Common to make love I dey form. You are fired.
o boIiiiiiiii
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Standing5(m): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2016
supersystems:

there's clique almost everywhere in life n if one doesnt belong it's long thing,the best thing when one doesnt like cliques is start one's own business. I've been there if i share my own story even as a guy u go weep. let's not go there.Just let them be
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Diplomaticbeing(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2016
One thing with self-conceited, deceitful, prejudicial and self-centered people is that they are always quick to initiate battle of wit and good in crying wolf, because they are hardly victors in the same battle they initiated. OP, your name is sorry in this case.

Learn the act of self-effacing. Obedient is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying. One who comes to equity must come with a clean hands.

Learn from your mistake. Apply diplomacy to reconcile with your employer's (not necessarily to continue working for them) and find your happiness there but better elsewhere.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by xtervaganza(m): 11:19am On Sep 04, 2016
Dunno what to say. But 2 years is quite a long time
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Basit002(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2016
I just created these blog to educate our youth and biz owners on how to startup there own business.
www.mybizfinance.info
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by obstead200(m): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:
You are wrong brother. I told you already I didn't want to make the post to long. The MD(co-owner') stance is that I don't report to her directly and therefore I should keep relating with the HR and others as stated in my appointment letter. Don't jugde what you didn't pass through like that please.
I don't believe u. Except the M.D. is not the owner of the business. If he was, there is no way he will ignore u when u bring to him, an issue that potentially threatens the survival of the business.

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by opedaydydx9(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:
Thanks.
k
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by barikay: 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:
Goodmorning Nlders,
I have a challenge concerning my 'former' work place which is a family business.
It all started after I was employed in 2012 as an IT support staff. The HR in my work place started giving me strange new conditions like: me bringing a laptop as part of my tools to the work place(even when I knew I didn't need it), and having to employ my own means(stealing) to get privileged info like passwords and software administration tips from the colleague I met in the department. The strange new rules kept coming from the HR and then my departmental colleague in form of friendly charges and at this point I decided to protect myself by secretly recording(audio) what I could to avoid being denied in the event of a disaster(data or key equipment loss).

The situation continued not without new challenges as I later got to realize that there was a clique among staffs (secret society type maintained by the business owners themselves;wife and husband). It got to a point where my colleague in department discovered the recordings, I suspect he combed through my phone while I charged it, and leaked it to his clique-the HR inclusive. This lead to me being targeted openly in the office and subsequently framed up and suspended indefinitely since some two years ago.

The Situation Now
As it stands now, they have secretly filed a termination of appointment letter into my file which I discovered by luck and when I asked for a copy of it through email they refused. I am considering taking up the case because:

1.) Before I was suspended the confrontation got serious and I have the particular staff who signed my letter of indefinite suspension on tape threatening to fill my file up so it will remain a stigma.I know their knowledge of this particular threat won't make them want to reveal the termination of appointment letter to me.

2.) They have no real case against me. In addition to this I replied the last query I was given and rightly denied the flimsy allegation I was framed up with.

Should I just let them stain my record easily? I asked the last question because I know there is a 99.999% chance of them doctoring incriminating stuffs into my file if my appointment can be terminated and kept secret from me by them.

From my findings and gauging of their mood around me after I was suspended, I strongly suspect they secretly hope I somehow come around one day and drop a resignation letter but I don't intend to go that way.

I need the advice of NL in the house on what step to take. Should I lodge a complaint with the police, take them to court or write Labour institutions for support?
U need advice from above. Nl can do nothing. Ask the Holy Spirit, I take all my worried to Him, He has never disappointed me ever. Do that. God want to be Glorify
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
barikay:
U need advice from above. Nl can do nothing. Ask the Holy Spirit, I take all my worried to Him, He has never disappointed me ever. Do that. God want to be Glorify
thanks.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
obstead200:

I don't believe u. Except the M.D. is not the owner of the business. If he was, there is no way he will ignore u when u bring to him, an issue that potentially threatens the survival of the business.
If you don't beleive me then that's your cup of tea. I have nothing to gain by lying here, it can only lead to me getting a potentially misleading advice.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by ephi123(f): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:
If you don't beleive me then that's your cup of tea. I have nothing to gain by lying here, it can only lead to me getting a potentially misleading advice.

People are trying to help you here by giving different advice/opinions so I don't understand this aggression you are displaying towards them. If someone writes something not to your liking, feel free to ignore it rather than exchanging words, that is what maturity involves.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by CuteTj(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jalubarika:

Learn from this Pic. She had never lost a fight

And what should we learn from the pic, that because she was Muhammed Ali's daughter she never lost a fight? Even the great Ali himself lost fights! In life you win some and lose some.

All you people forming motivational speakers, you forget that your teachings work only in "ideal situations" or when "all things being equal".

NB - Pardon me if I seem confrontational. I just wanted to point out to you that the picture has nothing to do with the op's current situation.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
ephi123:

People are trying to help you here by giving different advice/opinions so I don't understand this aggression you are displaying towards them. If someone writes something not to your liking, feel free to ignore it rather than exchanging words, that is what maturity involves.
Most of them ignore the thread and attack the messenger. It is fustrating. They are just derailing it for no just cause.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
obstead200:

Just so you know, the MD even once denied herself being MD. She lied she was still on vacation to avoid me. And she already told me in time past that I don't report to her directly so shouldn't be talking to her directly.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by greggng: 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
NeededGist:
Just thinking out loud. Why did you record conversations going on in the office in the first place you be cctv?

Not only that he was careless to allow his enemies see his plans since they saw ur recordings. Why didn't they delete it? Well if you re not a prayer warrior kindly resign otherwise they will make ur life hell in that company. They might even poison you since cos it seems u re careless
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Franky826: 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:
Goodmorning Nlders,

The Situation Now

sorry for your plight, I may not have answers to your questions but I just wanna tell you how I'm never caught when I do audio/video recordings and believe me I've caught a lot of mofos with them. The last was my landlords son now the BIG MAN is begging. grin

whenever you do these recordings always I mean always back-up to a cloud memory(Microsoft one drive, Google drive, Dropbox, yandex, etc) and delete the original files.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
@ sheyguy DOnt resign ooooo.... wait till you see the termination letter, you actually need to see what youre being accused of.... what if you never get to see it after you resign and in the letter you were painted as a notorious thief.... let them give the termination letter to you,if you are not okay with what was written then tell them you want to resign....dont make rash decisions that you might regret....abeg dont resign. if youre still on suspension start looking for another job (just incase its indefinite) but dont resign
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by ephi123(f): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:
Most of them ignore the thread and attack the messenger. It is fustrating. They are just derailing it for no just cause.

Don't worry, just pick the one relevant to you and let the rest go. All the best whatever you decide to do.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by sheyguy: 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
baddestchic:
@ sheyguy DOnt resign ooooo.... wait till you see the termination letter, you actually need to see what youre being accused of.... what if you never get to see it after you resign and in the letter you were painted as a notorious thief.... let them give the termination letter to you,if you are not okay with what was written then tell them you want to resign....dont make rash decisions that you might regret....abeg dont resign. if youre still on suspension start looking for another job (just incase its indefinite) but dont resign
Great point. God bless you.
For the fact that the letter is being hidden from me, I need to see its content. What could possibly make an employer hide an employee letter of termination of appointment? Thanks again.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
sheyguy:

Great point. God bless you.
For the fact that the letter is being hidden from me, I need to see its content. What could possibly make an employer hide an employer letter of termination of appointment.

now youre talking....
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by madhusomm: 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Please resign honourably so they don't finally have something to sack you with later. If you are sacked, it will be a big problem for your career. You can be looking for another job, when you find one =ESCAPE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Things That Will Make You A Superstar Employee / 5 Things To Do Before You Quit The Job You Hate / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.