Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. (19142 Views)

At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl / To Those Men Who Want To Progress Financially, Read This And Thank This Lady / Is It Proper To Date Or Marry A Lady That Is More Financially Buoyant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by buffalowings: 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=iykekelvins post=49037371][/quote]

Mada bobo yi lohun

To cater for a child is another ball game
entirely

Getting married is no big deal
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by buffalowings: 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
I'm 27 and single
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by honeygirl17: 9:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Smellymouth:

Hahahahah.. My fellow Barrackian, I have seen guys getting married with absolutely nothing and they are happy with their marriages..

I have also seen people have it all when they get married and then loose it all...

It would be unwise to only consider one aspect of the marriage and ignore the other aspects. You focus on money and ignore the type of spouse you are marrying, you focus on the spouse and ignore the finances..

Considering one aspect in its singularity is not advisable as they are all tied together in an intricate way. the finances are as important as the person you are getting.
Nice one

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
Oahray:
well, before a man can expect loyalty from a woman, he has to get her first abi? The thing is, money or a lack of it is a major player in getting her at all. This is reality... Only a few women aren't easily lured by the good thing of life that money can buy.

Money is the easy route. It's results may not last or be satisfying, but it does get the job done to an extent. The other route yeilds better results when successful but is also more tasking with lower success rates.

I don't think everyone wants the exact same things out of marriage.

Of course...not everyone wants the exact the same things. And no-one should be told what they should want.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
Great arguments, but most times life just isn't the theoretical jibber jabber that we ascribe to it; being an adult is real hard.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
chronique:
OP's post makes sense. I used to think I'd achieve a lot before getting married but my mentality changed not too long ago cos I decided to deal with reality. I've had to narrow down my set targets to what is realistic in this present day Nigeria. God willing,I hope to sort that out next year so I don't end up paying 5k for baby food that costs 2k now. With or without a working class wife,I'm sure I can cope. But,I'd love to chip in a word or two in the area of finance. If you're earning 30k and you want to marry,pls don't lve in a big city(except you wantto live in a face me,I face you apartment). You'd get frustrated and if your wife aint disciplined,things might begin to happen. Even in a small town,I don't see how that sum would cater properly for a family except of course,you wanna raise kds with red hair(children who lack vitamins). That 30k won't even sort out fuelng and utilty bills for some people. I don't want to discourage anybody but that's a way of gettng yourself frustrated. With 30k a month,I wouldn't menton marriagee to anybody. It's ok to start small but just don't put yourself under any unnecessary pressure. Besides,I don't know how many naija girls of today are ready for such. Let's be real wth ourselves;the streets aint smiling.

Make sure to invite me for the wedding ceremony cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by nevi12(f): 11:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=naijaboiy post=49035402][/quote]

Quite impressive
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by chronique(m): 11:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
You!!!! Hmmm. Do I call you trouble maker of finder now? cheesy
Oliviaarims:

Make sure to invite me for the wedding ceremony cheesy cheesy
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by NemzySeries(m): 12:04am On Sep 04, 2016
yes I'm of d support dat marriage is a beautiful institution dat anyone wud wanna engage himself into it 4 lifes especially 4 d face dat I'm a product of a blessed marriage but on d orda hand I dunt wish to av heavily acquired wealth b4 venturing into marriage but provided I'm engaged economically (job) I'm certainly gonna work 2wrds marriage as much as I can bkos is a beautiful engagement with Unmeasurable blessings especially 4 dos who not jst wit d ordinary eyes

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 04, 2016
chronique:
You!!!! Hmmm. Do I call you trouble maker of finder now? cheesy

tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by naijaboiy: 12:24am On Sep 04, 2016
zicoraads:

Naijaboiy is hopelessly in love grin

It is sad because he is supposed to be our poster boy for 'single and mingling and not ready to settle'. The bachelor for life kinda thing. But this is what we get...a thread for encouraging guys to get married embarassed
Oga nor be so na! grin
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by naijaboiy: 12:27am On Sep 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
I never knew Naijaboiy was a relationship expert!!! grin cool

The fault that lies in your post is that you failed to realize the fact that there are many serious responsible hustling young men out there who do not even wish to be raking in millions, as you said, before they settle down...all they are working toward is just to be comfortable first.

I won't advise a guy who cannot afford the basic comforts in life to delve into marriage; things have changed! If you can't provide, your wife might cheat...and I'm very sure you don't expect the wife to do the provision of resources in the home.

Just my opinion cool
you're welcome sir! cool

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by ashjay001(m): 8:51am On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=naijaboiy post=49035402][/quote]

Are u married?

If no, pls, shut up and pray u marry d right woman!

If yes, well, thank God u married the right woman/aint yet broke!

The only time u enjoy ur marriage without being excessively rich, is when u marry d right woman, who really doesn't care abt material things!

Telling ur wife u can't afford an iphone6 or personal padded ride is quite a different ball game from telling same to ur side chick/bae/prostitute, or wateva u wish to label them!

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2016
Youth
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by naijaboiy: 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2016
ashjay001:

Are u married?

If no, pls, shut up and pray u marry d right woman!

If yes, well, thank God u married the right woman/aint yet broke!

The only time u enjoy ur marriage without being excessively rich, is when u marry d right woman, who really doesn't care abt material things!

Telling ur wife u can't afford an iphone6 or personal padded ride is quite a different ball game from telling same to ur side chick/bae/prostitute, or wateva u wish to label them!
What's your point oga?

It's either you're brain dead or you refused to read my first post before commenting.

Biko swerve! undecided

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by stephanie19(f): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
Marriage is beyond money.....a guy should have a good job and he should be very sure that he could take care of his family before he gets married......but the main problem is that meeting the right woman......even if you are wealthy as a man.....and you got married to a wrong woman.......you won't enjoy your marriage and your money......money is secondary.....love is the main thing and finding the right woman.....your woman can help take care of your responsibilities......a woman shouldn't be a liability.....WTF is full-house-wife undecided.......so many ladies outside there are not ready to settle down with a broke dude.....but the thing they don't understand is that 'Love conquers all',even if your man is poor.......you will never think of it for once.......marriage is beyond money.....meeting the right person is the main issue

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by chronique(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
Money isn't everything,but plays a major role. Imagine I'm married to you and we did it out of love,and I earn just 40k a month,how will you as a woman,help me manage it(assume we live in lagos)? Kindly give me a breakdown.
stephanie19:
Marriage is beyond money.....a guy should have a good job and he should be very sure that he could take care of his family before he gets married......but the main problem is that meeting the right woman......even if you are wealthy as a man.....and you got married to a wrong woman.......you won't enjoy your marriage and your money......money is secondary.....love is the main thing and finding the right woman.....your woman can help take care of your responsibilities......a woman shouldn't be a liability.....WTF is full-house-wife undecided.......so many ladies outside there are not ready to settle down with a broke dude.....but the thing they don't understand is that 'Love conquers all',even if your man is poor.......you will never think of it for once.......marriage is beyond money.....meeting the right person is the main issue
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by stephanie19(f): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
chronique:
Money isn't everything,but plays a major role. Imagine I'm married to you and we did it out of love,and I earn just 40k a month,how will you as a woman,help me manage it(assume we live in lagos)? Kindly give me a breakdown.
hmm if you go through my post again....you'd see I said a lady should also find a job and assist her husband....being an understanding wife......she'd be able to maintain her job and family,a lady shouldn't sit at home expecting her husband to bring money for her day and night and welcome him with useless gossips undecided
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by chronique(m): 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
What if she's jobless?
stephanie19:
hmm if you go through my post again....you'd see I said a lady should also find a job and assist her husband....being an understanding wife......she'd be able to maintain her job and family,a lady shouldn't sit at home expecting her husband to bring money for her day and night and welcome him with useless gossips undecided
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by chukz999(m): 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
Yes Nah.. Marriage Is For Men Nt Boyz
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by stephanie19(f): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
chronique:
What if she's jobless?
jobless?why would she be jobless when her husband needs her help?
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by chronique(m): 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hahahaha
stephanie19:
jobless?why would she be jobless when her husband needs her help?
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by FTBOY: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
danbrowndmf:
Mr falconey you wrote well. But for u to actually say u have to dwell in million for you to be able to carter for you and your family. People earn less than 80k a month and they still get married and leave a decent life off their pay. It a matter of setting your piority right.
in togo or nigeria
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by FTBOY: 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
daretodiffer:
I must be earning at least a 200k before I can think of marriage but if I am not, my partner must earn up to that amount of money o.
at 35, you still nurse this mentality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by danbrowndmf(m): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
FTBOY:
in togo or nigeria
Nigeria.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by FTBOY: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
danbrowndmf:
Nigeria.
do you know what it means to live decently? how is that possible with a package 80k per month? it's not your fault, bro....when you start paying house rent, nepa bills, security bills, school fees for your kids, siblings and upkeep for your parents you'll understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by danbrowndmf(m): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
FTBOY:
do you know what it means to live decently? how is that possible with a package 80k per month? it's not your fault, bro....when you start paying house rent, nepa bills, security bills, school fees for your kids, siblings and upkeep for your parents you'll understand.
do u pay house rent every month? Or do u pay nepa bill every day?
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by joseph1832(m): 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
FTBOY:
at 35, you still nurse this mentality
Wow!!! She's even older than me. shocked shocked shocked LMAO!.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by joseph1832(m): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
danbrowndmf:
Actually you pay house rent every month. Divide the rent you pay annually by 12 and you'll know how much you pay a month. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by FTBOY: 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
danbrowndmf:
do you eat everyday?
do you take your bath everyday?
do you go to work everyday?

when you start working and having responsibilities you'll understand those questions..
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by FTBOY: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
joseph1832:
Actually you pay house rent every month. Divide the rent you pay annually by 12 and you'll know how much you pay a month. grin
leave that guy.
he's still living with his parents; that's why he thinks a family can live 'decently' with an 80k monthly take-home..
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by FTBOY: 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
joseph1832:
Wow!!! She's even older than me. shocked shocked shocked LMAO!.
so you used to think she's a girl?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You Had Your First Boyfriend/Girlfriend? / Do Women Also Experience Konji The Way We Men Does / The Challenges Of Loving And Marrying A Physically Challenged Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.