Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience (778 Views)

States Groan Under Debt Bondage / Counter-thread: It's Fayose, & Not Ekiti Who Will Be In Bondage Till 2036(photo) / Fayose On FRESH 105.9FM Ibadan: "Ekiti Will Be In Economic Bondage Till 2036" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience by aloziedaya(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
I walked into a new generation bank this week for a transaction. While waiting, on order of the bank, I listened quietly to a conversation between 3 of the bank's personnel- senior personnel, I presumed. The discussion was on forex status of the bank. I was dumbfounded when they argued on percentages reserved for certain government officials who banked with them.
I found out that this people- politicians, are milking the bank's of the foreign currencies to go and sell at higher prices in the parallel market.
I believe this is the cause of the forex problems in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
We reject bondage, bad experience that is
Re: Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
We have always known that those official idiots are the cause of our present situation. From them incorporating former PDP theifs into their fold. Incompetent finance minister telling us that Recession is just a word...
When u sai baba come 2019,just think abt d picture below, that's how people gonna eat u up.

Re: Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience by c900: 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Only in Nigeria you can see forex black market. Banks should be selling at same price with bureau de change. This will stop prices from going up and people doing business with it by buying at official price and go and sell black market.
Re: Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience by agabusta: 1:38am On Sep 04, 2016
c900:
Only in Nigeria you can see forex black market. Banks should be selling at same price with bureau de change. This will stop prices from going up and people doing business with it by buying at official price and go and sell black market.

Kindly give suggestions on how this can be effected. This is in view of the insatiable appetite of the country for dollars far beyond the capacity of the federal government.

The world has moved from just ordinary criticism to proffering solutions alongside any criticism.
Re: Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:07am On Sep 04, 2016
Why isn't operating black markets a crime that comes with stiff punishment?

Oh, wait scratch that. I forgot we're talking about Nigeria here.
Re: Nigeria Is In Bondage. My Recent Experience by agabusta: 2:38am On Sep 04, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Why isn't operating black markets a crime that comes with stiff punishment?

Oh, wait scratch that. I forgot we're talking about Nigeria here.

So far the dollar is not readily available at the banks, there will always be a parallel market offering it for sale.

The parallel markets cannot be eradicated by wielding the big stick. It can only be eradicated when anybody that needs dollars can easily walk into any bank to get it.

For the banks to have a ready availability of dollars, then the supply of dollars to them must be higher than the demand.

For this to happen, we must considerably reduce our need of dollars for imports and at the same time, increase our capacity to earn more dollars.

The people whose currency are not free falling against the dollar are those who don't have much need of it for their economy to survive.

The opposite is the case in Nigeria where we need it to import virtually everything ranging from petroleum products, steel, rice, wheat, electronic gadgets, cars, heavy equipment, education, health services, aviation services, etc. This is in addition to the need to import other petty things.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Inside President Buhari’s Blue Diary? [see Photos] / Nigeria Progressed Under GEJ Because he took responsibility&blamed no one-Bruce / News Flash: INEC Officials Resisting Interference By Police In Edo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.