Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,872 members, 7,848,544 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6264123 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Obaboon, what happened to you not quoting me? No thanks. I won't waste my time educating baffoons.
Obaboon or 'baffoons'- whatever that means,that's all water off a duck's back.Your stupidity was too much to ignore,Kiberawalker.That's why I broke my rule and quoted your silly Lunje arse.If you can not explain what you mean by Nairobi GDP and Lagos GDP,you remain the illiterate you've always been.See how you've ridiculed yourself finally.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
samsobo24:

1. Nigeria.
2.SouthAfrica
3. Egypt. *(loading.... Lag..)
4.Morocco
5. Lagos *

With the completion of the major projects in Lagos and the 3,000MW power,Lagos will control Africa,Lagos means business
grin

Don't quote me if you don't even understand what you're posting yourself.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
samsobo24:

1. Nigeria.
2.SouthAfrica
3. Egypt. *(loading.... Lag..)
4.Morocco
5. Lagos *

With the completion of the major projects in Lagos and the 3,000MW power,Lagos will control Africa,Lagos means business
grin
The akpamu knows nothing. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
mtis:

Jeez how can a city of two towers be the biggest and smartest of all??..Also how can the centenary city be awesome when Abuja itself is something else.. ??

This is not only about building two towers or more in the middle of jungle as you may have it in Kenya, but it is also about building world class drainages, international standard road networks, bridges, street lights, underground tunnels, boulevards, sewage system, water facilities etcetera etcetera and making these available before any structure is constructed. grin

As you can see, all these were built before those two building sprang up. grin

Besides, there are more than 10 projects under construction.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
obaaderemi:
Obaboon or 'baffoons'- whatever that means,that's all water off a duck's back.Your stupidity was too much to ignore,Kiberawalker.That's why I broke my rule and quoted your silly Lunje arse.If you can not explain what you mean by Nairobi GDP and Lagos GDP,you remain the illiterate you've always been.See how you've ridiculed yourself finally.

Why would I waste my time explaining stuff to a buffoon who can't understand the simplest of contexts? Move along Obafool. Continue doing what you do best - insulting people randomly because you have no point to make. I know you miss me going by how often you mention me despite vowing to ignore me but please buddy, your head bears no intelligence enough to spark my attention. Just move along.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
According to Wikipedia Nigeria has 13 slums while kenya has 35 slums. cool

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slums
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Those negative figures from what I can see are only measuring the budget deficit. It has no reflection on the actual monetary size of the budget. Also, while I can see the sense in the question of measuring the dollar value of Kenya's currency and Nigeria's, I'd still say its application here is low. We're not comparing Nigeria to Norway here where the price of a beer might be almost 10 times higher than in Nigeria. It's Nigeria and Kenya: two African 3rd world nations. Many things are costlier in Nigeria than Kenya. [s]Many analysts have pointed out Nigeria's road construction industry is one mega scam. Our costs per km of road are some of the highest in the world. The same applies to bridges, tunnels, flyovers etc. Just read the absurd figures that were quoted for Fashola's Ikoyi link bridge, Kwankwaso's Kano flyover and compare the cost of the rail project in Lagos with countries like Tanzania, Ethiopia and even Kenya. Nigeria has some of the highest cement prices in the world. So there's no fair metric to objectively measure what Kenya's budget can do compared to Nigeria's[/s].

As I pointed out earlier, several analysts of our budgets have pointed out how abysmally low it is and how it can accomplish next to nothing. At a minimum, every country should be looking at at least 10% of its GDP as budget. Many countries are higher as 20% like Kenya. The US runs a $4 trillion budget from a GDP just over £18 trillion. We can't even hit 5%.
I know where u missed it. the first statement on the link states that "Nigeria recorded a government budget DEFICIT EQUAL TO 2.1% of the country's GDP". that's not budget's deficit, the 'deficit-equal-to' means (-), that's (-2.1%) of Nigeria's GDP. if u carefully check the link, the middle part of the page, the second line on that list shows it clearly. if it was budget deficit as u think, it could be written as "Nigeria recorded a government budget deficit of 2.1%"

that slashed part of ur post is baseless cos it happens everywhere and not in Nigeria alone, ask a Ghanaian the price of cement. u don't even know where things are costlier between Nigeria and Kenya, so why are u so sure?? I don't know too; anyway.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Dude, the links you're posting are of Budget deficit. Nigeria's budget deficit is bigger than Kenya's. It simply means Kenya is more capable of funding it's budget than Nigeria yet has a bigger budget than Nigeria. Gives me more reason to doubt your GDP figures.
don't quote me, pls.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
shervydman:

I know where u missed it. the first statement on the link states that "Nigeria recorded a government budget DEFICIT EQUAL TO 2.1% of the country's GDP". that's not budget's deficit, the 'deficit-equal-to' means (-), that's (-2.1%) of Nigeria's GDP. if u carefully check the link, the middle part of the page, the second line on that list shows it clearly. if it was budget deficit as u think, it could be written as "Nigeria recorded a government budget deficit of 2.1%"

that slashed part of ur post is baseless cos it happens everywhere and not in Nigeria alone, ask a Ghanaian the price of cement. u don't even know where things are costlier between Nigeria and Kenya, so why are u so sure?? I don't know too; anyway.

Kenya's budget is not up to 1% of their GDP!!!....US highest ever budget is 4% of their GDP in 1948, their current budget is -3.2% of their GDP in comparison and not monetary value! cos their currency is the benchmark of other currencies, therefore, their budget must undergo % of GDP too.
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-budget.

finally, no country in the world has ever budgeted 20% of their GDP, not even the largest economy in the world USA.

Look at these your links again and look at it very carefully:
https://tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/government-budget
https://tradingeconomics.com/kenya/government-budget

Read the very first sentence in both links. They clearly spelt it out there that those figures are figures for budget deficit. That is why it comes with a minus "-". The minus signifies budget deficit as a fraction of GDP. That is not the same as budget as a fraction of GDP. A positive "+" signifies a budget surplus. You're misinterpreting the data.

The US 4% you're talking about is simply pointing out the biggest budget surplus America has had as a fraction of their GDP at the time. Most of the time since the Reagan era of big tax cuts, the US has been running budget deficits and their debt has expanded massively because of this. The -3.2% figure is simply the figure of the current US budget deficit as a percentage of the GDP. This is very different from the metric of the US budget (not budget deficit) as percentage of the GDP which is above 20%. It's a very simple task of dividing the budget by the GDP.

Read your links again very well. You're misinterpreting the data.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
infrastructure in one of the less developed part of Lagos and not just the CBD,this is real development and not developing one part and allowing other places to rot away.
Its abule-egba in Lagos, far from the high brow area of lagos ,developing into a city

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jubilee Bridge at Lekki-ajah(highbrow area)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

This one will deny his own mother to score a point. lol.

Where did you see Nairobi Prime Minister or President, huh? shocked grin

Are you trying to be mischievous? grin

your foreigner cant be trusted. She doesnt know much. There are other forms of transport like commuter trains. Dont be ashamed of danfo grin

This same foreigner with her husband are good friends of Nairobi mayor, Prime Minister and President. grin

How come your elites trusted them? grin

They know better. grin

Danfo is cool but you may live in Lagos for years without entering one because there are many means of transportation in Lagos.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2017

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Why would I waste my time explaining stuff to a buffoon who can't understand the simplest of contexts? Move along Obafool. Continue doing what you do best - insulting people randomly because you have no point to make. I know you miss me going by how often you mention me despite vowing to ignore me but please buddy, your head bears no intelligence enough to spark my attention. Just move along.
Hahaha,it's now obafool.No,problem,nobody is using their real name here.Whatever.But you still have to explain why you say Nairobi's GDP is larger than Lagos' GDP for us all to see.That shouldn't be rocket science even for someone with the brain of a housefly like yourself.Don't try to wriggle out,just simply say you were under the influence when you typed that poo.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
obaaderemi:
Hahaha,it's now obafool.No,problem,nobody is using their real name here.Whatever.But you still have to explain why you say Nairobi's GDP is larger than Lagos' GDP for us all to see.That shouldn't be rocket science even for someone with the brain of a housefly like yourself.Don't try to wriggle out,just simply say you were under the influence when you typed that poo.

I see how hard you're trying to twist things and propagate your own lies.

Obafool, I already explained to whoever I quoted. Stop trying too hard to remain on my radar. You're so irrelevant it's useless to discuss anything with you. I know after kwametut bleeped you in the ass you're trying hard to start an argument and score a point so as to heal your wounds but nah. Calm down or every Kenyan and S African here might just Bleep you in the ass again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Dude, the links you're posting are of Budget deficit. Nigeria's budget deficit is bigger than Kenya's. It simply means Kenya is more capable of funding it's budget than Nigeria yet has a bigger budget than Nigeria. Gives me more reason to doubt your GDP figures.
its not about the gdp figures but about the dependence of Goverment revenues on oil, and we get nothing more than 60 Billion dollars from oil in total. Tax is almost non existent in Nigeria especially from many informal sectors.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 10:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
According to Wikipedia Nigeria has 13 slums while kenya has 35 slums. cool

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slums
And Yet Kenya has a smaller landmass than Nigeria, can you imagine.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
freshest4live:
Dont forget.
They also have a smaller population.

What a ShitHole.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

I see how hard you're trying to twist things and propagate your own lies.

Obafool, I already explained to whoever I quoted. Stop trying too hard to remain on my radar. You're so irrelevant it's useless to discuss anything with you. I know after kwametut bleeped you in the ass you're trying hard to start an argument and score a point so as to heal your wounds but nah. Calm down or every Kenyan and S African here might just Bleep you in the ass again.
Hahaha,now you are desperate.This will not save you.KwameKrazy? the same idiot who thought South Africa produced Africa's first black doctor until I educated him about a Yoruba/Nigerian doctor called Nathaniel King?That one is your mentor?He had to deactivate for a week.Shame on you.Forgiveness and I have been beating you since last year but I can see you've healed again.I am here to send you back.Anyway,explain why you think Nairobi's tiny GDP is bigger than Lagos'.Don't get hypertensive,just explain.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
shervydman:

don't quote me, pls.
You know he is an idiot whose fingers are faster than his brain.He said Nairobi's GDP should be compared to Lagos' GDP.We've been asking him to explain since and like the idiot he is,he has been calling the South Africans and other Kenyans for help without success.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Shaytun:

Dont forget.

They also have a smaller population.

What a ShitHole.

A sh.ithole is putting it mildly.They have just 0.2 doctors/1000 people.Nigeria on the other hand,which is also poor in that aspect, has 0.4/1000 people.Put that in absolute numbers and they would be nowhere to be found. https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/SH.MED.PHYS.ZS/rankings
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:10am On Sep 30, 2017
freshest4live:

its not about the gdp figures but about the dependence of Goverment revenues on oil, and we get nothing more than 60 Billion dollars from oil in total. Tax is almost non existent in Nigeria especially from many informal sectors.

Educate your friend on that. All in all, I still think the Nigeria GDP figures don't add up. I could excuse the low budget figures but low figures yet with a deficit? That's just a no. I can't see how a country that claims to have a GDP as high as $594B in some years can fail to finance a $20 B GDP whether they're dependent on oil or not.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:12am On Sep 30, 2017
freshest4live:

Kenya's slums are just more advertised and as high as 90% of some of your cities are slums yet you classify them as normal. Just go to Google maps and see. Some of these Nigerian cities appear like a large heap of slums on Google maps.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:13am On Sep 30, 2017
shervydman:
don't quote me, pls.
Then don't post lies please.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:15am On Sep 30, 2017
obaaderemi:
Hahaha,now you are desperate.This will not save you.KwameKrazy? the same idiot who thought South Africa produced Africa's first black doctor until I educated him about a Yoruba/Nigerian doctor called Nathaniel King?That one is your mentor?He had to deactivate for a week.Shame on you.Forgiveness and I have been beating you since last year but I can see you've healed again.I am here to send you back.Anyway,explain why you think Nairobi's tiny GDP is bigger than Lagos'.Don't get hypertensive,just explain.

Obafool, you're still on my dick? Don't worry. You'll get your dose. Just oil your arse in the meantime.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MduZA: 6:28am On Sep 30, 2017
samsobo24:
I bodily say it that, Nigeria is even challenging them with their so called white dominated country. There are big projects happening in Nigeria that is first of its kind in Africa

The so called big projects are funded and done by the europeans and chinese...ironically.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jidesam01: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:00am On Sep 30, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Obafool, you're still on my dick? Don't worry. You'll get your dose. Just oil your arse in the meantime.
So you are a gay?You should go to kwametut,your fellow gay...You don't even have a di.ck to start with.Forgiveness already cut it off.A real man sticks to his words.You have to explain what you mean by saying 'let's compare Lagos GDP with Nairobi's GDP and stop running around.4am Nigerian time,wtf?Did you sleep at all?I took away sleep from your eyes.Sorry.Anyway,more Nigerian semen into your smelly mouth.Your Nairobi is the poorest major city in Africa with a per capita of $1900.Lagos $4800 and Jburg $9000....http://www.euromonitor.com/nairobi-city-review/report

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2017
when you are business friendly, they have to come and invest.
Lagos state takes the elephant share of investment in Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Kenya's slums are just more advertised and as high as 90% of some of your cities are slums yet you classify them as normal. Just go to Google maps and see. Some of these Nigerian cities appear like a large heap of slums on Google maps.
Even places that are within your main city in Nairobi are an eye-sore.
I am still respecting Nairobi by not posting pictures

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2017
samsobo24:
when you are business friendly, they have to come and invest.
Lagos state takes the elephant share of investment in Africa
MduZA:

The so called big projects are funded and done by the europeans and chinese...ironically.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:51am On Sep 30, 2017
obaaderemi:
So you are a gay?You should go to kwametut,your fellow gay...You don't even have a di.ck to start with.Forgiveness already cut it off.A real man sticks to his words.You have to explain what you mean by saying 'let's compare Lagos GDP with Nairobi's GDP and stop running around.4am Nigerian time,wtf?Did you sleep at all?I took away sleep from your eyes.Sorry.Anyway,more Nigerian semen into your smelly mouth.Your Nairobi is the poorest major city in Africa with a per capita of $1900.Lagos $4800 and Jburg $9000....http://www.euromonitor.com/nairobi-city-review/report

I am not gay but since you're so interested in me, I wouldn't mind tearing your h.orny arse apart. You're so into me you're following me everywhere and idiots like you need to be taught lessons. lol. I hope you're applying the Vaseline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.