Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6283293 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 14, 2018
Saviour22:
any body who thinks Kenyan is better than Nigeria is a fool

Its only we nigerians which fool our selves

Best country ranking
Kenya 57
Nigeria 76
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/overall-full-list

African cities offering the best quality of life.
Kenya nairobi 21 in africa 184 in the world.
Nigeria lagos 33 in africa 212 in the world.
https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/african-cities-offer-best-quality-life/53603/

Which country is better to live in obviously kenya wins. That is why nigerians run to other african countries to sit at the side of the road. Nigeria and lagos is just a dream land where the people deceive themselves 24/7 but in reality they are suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 8:50pm On May 14, 2018
My country people! let's put an end to dignifying these dirt-poor East African creatures with further comments.
They are suffering from an extreme form of complex as it is apparent in their reactions.
Never have we laid claims to the existence of perfect conditions in Nigeria. Moreover, Africa as a whole is a shithole in the word of Trump and we will continue to trail the rest of the world pending the time we are ready for a real change.
To those of you swallowing hook, line and sinker all the pieces of trash posted by these hunger-striken Kenyans,  you will find it hard to reconcile the realities in their country with the misinformation they furnish you with daily.
These hypocrites, who live in glass houses have it in their DNA to throw stones.
Below are some heart-wrenching and horrifying sight of their folks dying gradually as a result of hunger and starvation in most of their counties.
If they were not inhumane they would have appropriated and channelled their energy rightly to draw the attention of the world to the epidemic plaguing their counties, but they jump from one country's forum to the other because of the chronic complex troubling them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ttipsy(f): 8:54pm On May 14, 2018
Saviour22:
any body who thinks Kenyan is better than Nigeria is a fool
Kenya can't be better now, we all know

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 14, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

[b[s][/s]Its only we nigerians which fool our selves

Best country ranking
Kenya 57
Nigeria 76
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/overall-full-list

African cities offering the best quality of life.
Kenya nairobi 21 in africa 184 in the world.
Nigeria lagos 33 in africa 212 in the world.
https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/african-cities-offer-best-quality-life/53603/

Which country is better to live in obviously kenya wins. That is why nigerians run to other african countries to sit at the side of the road. Nigeria and lagos is just a dream land where the people deceive themselves 24/7 but in reality they are suffer. [/b][/s]
and u quote me. to tell me this because? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 14, 2018
Ttipsy:
Kenya can't be better now, we all know
u dey mind them . undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 9:01pm On May 14, 2018
May 14, 2018

Search The Star, Kenya

Hunger remains Kenyans' most serious problem - Twaweza study
Feb. 28, 2018, 12:00 pm
By NANCY AGUTU @nancyagutu

Most Kenyans cited hunger as the most serious problem in 2017 as compared to 2016, a Twaweza study has found.

In its report released on Wednesday, the research team noted that 12 per cent of Kenyans cited hunger as a problem as compared to nine per cent in 2016.

The study further revealed that 42 per cent of Kenyans went without eating for a whole day because of lack of money or other resources, a drop from 2016 when it was rated at 43 per cent.

At least 1,701 respondents were interviewed between September 16 to October 13, 2017. The margin error and the confidence level are +/�2.4 per cent and 95 per cent respectively.

When asked if their household ran out of food because of lack of money or other resources, 51 per cent said yes as compared to 53 per cent in 2016.

More than half of the respondents said they were hungry but did not eat because since there was not enough money for food. In 2016, the number was at  63 per cent.

53 per cent of those interviewed said they had to skip a meal for lack of money to get food. The number was a drop from 65 per cent recorded in 2016.

Most of the respondents said they were worried  they would run out of food because of lack of money. This was rated at 68 per cent, a drop from 75 per cent in 2016.

61 per cent said they ate less than they thought.

'What to do with lack of money'

Of the respondents, 30 per cent said they cut some items to fit the amount available while 13 per cent obtained items on credit.

Ten per cent borrowed money, seven per cent looked for other source of income like casual work while two per cent asked for help from family and friends

According to the report, Kenyans see the high cost of living as the most serious problem facing the country with 28 per cent affirming so.

This was a drop compared to 34 per cent in 2016.

One out of three households (33 per cent) reported that their income is enough to meet their daily basic need.  This represents a substantial increase from a year earlier, when 1 in 5 (19 per cent) said this.

Over 3.4 million Kenyans face death from starvation as a result of an acute food shortage that has hit at least 14 counties.

The bad news comes barely two months after the government froze the Sh90 maize-flour subsidy programme began at about the same time last year.

At least six people have reportedly died in Baringo after weeks of starvation, amid denials by the local administration.

The biting hunger has been worsened by an acute water shortage due to drought, forcing some inhabitants to trek 15km in search of clean water.

Leaders from both Baringo and Isiolo described the situation as “very bad”.

More on this: Millions starve as food crunch bites yet again

The Kenya Red Cross Society has launched a Sh1 billion appeal to aid 3.4 million Kenyans affected by drought.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:25pm On May 14, 2018
4kDdullard:
My country people! let's put an end to dignifying these dirt-poor East African creatures with further comments.
They are suffering from an extreme form of complex as it is apparent in their reactions.
Never have we laid claims to the existence of perfect conditions in Nigeria. Moreover, Africa as a whole is a shithole in the word of Trump and we will continue to trail the rest of the world pending the time we are ready for a real change.
To those of you swallowing hook, line and sinker all the pieces of trash posted by these hunger-striken Kenyans,  you will find it hard to reconcile the realities in their country with the misinformation they furnish you with daily.
These hypocrites, who live in glass houses have it in their DNA to throw stones.
Below are some heart-wrenching and horrifying sight of their folks dying gradually as a result of hunger and starvation in most of their counties.
If they were not inhumane they would have appropriated and channelled their energy rightly to draw the attention of the world to the epidemic plaguing their counties, but they jump from one country's forum to the other because of the chronic complex troubling them.
Kenya is suffering terribly. Just look at those pictures. And this is a country without war or any serious terrorism issue, just plain wickedness of their leaders, just like other African countries. And yet they keep posting rubbish glossed over pictures which some stupid Nigerians easily believe. You know what Kenya has been doing for years is lying about its statistics to world bank and other international bodies. Nigeria is bad but far better than Kenya. Below is what the world bank think of their ability to come up with truthful statistics. Without the lies, somalia and Kenya would be neck to neck in terms of living standard.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:25pm On May 14, 2018
Poor kenyans I am listening to RARA by Teckno, wake me up when you arrest the severe hunger situation killing your people everyday. I will believe you folks the day severe hunger stops killing you folks. Until then, it should interest you poor things to know that as bad as it is in Nigeria, we will never have a horrific hunger situation even in the Northern part of Nigeria which is the worst.

My Country people
Them dey talku talku
Them just dey perambulate
So so story, story every year oh ah
Nepa no bring light oh (2x) ah
Generator wan tear my ear (2x) oh oh oh
Plenty greedy men (2x) for there oh
Take project oh, forgeti na the matter

[Hook]
Forget about the big things oh
Say make we talk about the small things oh
Eh Aye aye oh, aye o pe meji oh

[Chorus]
Rara oh, Rara oh yeah
Agbada, jangbaja, ** Olagbada
Rara oh, Rara oh yeah

[Verse 2]
Oluwa wey dey bless me (amen)
Shey e go bless you too (amen)
Bless your papa oh (amen)
Bless your mama oh (amen)
Oluwa wey dey bless me (amen)
Shey e go bless you too (amen)
Bless your papa oh (amen)
Bless your mama oh (amen)
See me i see you
Gbadura fun mi eh
Loke loke oh, baba adeleke oh
International something
Its a big situation
Them pack our money oh
Take to other nation
Invest for your country oh, make it a better place
Spend money for your country oh, make it a better place

[Hook]

[Chorus]
Rara oh, Rara oh yeah
Rara oh, Rara oh yeah

[Verse 3]
I go obodo oyibo, i go dey hurry to come back oh
And when i come back oh, i go dey hurry to go back oh
I no get charge oh, my phone don die
No fuel for generator oh, everyday situation
Pem pem pem pem pem pem pem pem pem pem
Pem pem pem pem pem pem pem pem pem pem
No no no no no no no no no no
No no no no no no no no no no
My Country people
Them dey talku talku
Perambulation
Story story oh, story everyday

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:33pm On May 14, 2018
obaaderemi:
Kenya is suffering terribly. Just look at those pictures. And this is a country without war or any serious terrorism issue, just plain wickedness of their leaders, just like other African countries. And yet they keep posting rubbish glossed over pictures which some stupid Nigerians easily believe. You know what Kenya has been doing for years is lying about its statistics to world bank and other international bodies. Nigeria is bad but far better than Kenya. Below is what the world bank think of their ability to come up with truthful statistics. Without the lies, somalia and Kenya would be neck to neck in terms of living standard.
u dey mind those hypocrites and wretched beings. Outside Nairobi there's nothing again, even at that half of Nairobi is a big slum. Other counties can only measure up with towns in Nigeria. What they call counties in their country would be called towns in Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 9:59pm On May 14, 2018
rvp20182:
There are options of course - we have "clean buses" - but certainly nothing like dafnos - those are way too rickety and badly built. I guess Nigeria has no manufacturing or car assembly industry to talk about...so you end up with badly made shared taxis.

It's about choice - if you prefer clean quiet buses..there are thousands of that. The indusry is still largely informal - but kenya has made tremendous progress to formalize them - all must belong to SACCO (savings and credit) - and there are strict regulations they follow.

Let's look at another car manufacturer in Nigeria..

This is Proforce Defense, and indigenous company founded by a Nigerian, that specializes in armoured vehicles manufacturing and patrol boats...
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5723799_hiluxhome_jpeg3b8fb8a90ffb26ed35df1c1971aa9985

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5723802_p1070294edit_jpeg00e920fd57a94ab7df825d6780c01a3f

They also export their machines..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 10:18pm On May 14, 2018
continued from above...

They also supply the Nigerian army...

Here's some articles...
https://intelligencebriefs.com/nigeria-to-produce-armoured-personnel-carriers-locally-by-year-end/
https://autojosh.com/first-nigerian-mrap-proforce-released/

Can't wait for Nigeria to start producing military jets and planes...

The private sector is the future of the new Nigeria... Wish us luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:19pm On May 14, 2018
jln115:
People arguing/Bragging that their country is the most homophobic!!! And then they wonder why Africa is so backwards!

You're proud of your dee smokers. I get it. We all get it! Allow us our choices based on thousands of years of our collective socio cultural development without your attempted shaming tactics.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 14, 2018
kikuyu1:

You're proud of your dee smokers. I get it. We all get it! Allow us our choices based on thousands of years of our collective socio cultural development without your attempted shaming tactics.
You mean how you shame gay people?

I am a very conservative calvanist.....So just like you I see homosexuality as a sin, that said im a sinner myself(just like you) so im in no position to judge the sins of others.

We all ask one another to respect each other believes and religions(like you asked me above) but for some reason we can't respect someone for their sexual orientation??

I know a lot of people that claim to be christian but have never seen the inside of a church.....and then I've seen gay people who's actions are the epitome of what being a Christian is about!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:26am On May 15, 2018
Nigeria Is Set To Become The Poverty Capital Of The World By 2018

You can post all the photos you want but this is the reality(I know some of
By February 2018, Nigeria will overtake India as the country with the most people in extreme poverty. For context, India has 5 times the population of Nigeria. According to World Bank standards, living in extreme poverty is living on less than $1.90 (N680) per day. People living in extreme poverty are unable to meet even the barest minimal needs for survival.

In 2015, the UN set up the Sustainable Development Goals, and the first of them is to "eradicate extreme poverty for all people everywhere by 2030". However to achieve this globally, 90 people need to leave poverty every minute to eradicate poverty totally by 2030; and to achieve this in Africa, 57 people have to leave every minute; and in Nigeria, 12 people per minute.

As you can imagine, this is not the case. In fact the opposite is the case. On the average, 9 people are entering extreme poverty every minute, and Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo are both responsible for the 9. And individually, Nigeria has about 7 people going into poverty every minute. angry

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:32am On May 15, 2018
Naijas an their suffering while smiling cheesy

Despite a rapidly growing economy, Nigeria is one of the few countries where the number of people living in poverty increased, from 69 million in 2004 to 112 million in 2010 – a rise of 69 percent. The number of millionaires increased by 44 percent during the same period. And taken according to the six geo-political zones, the level of poverty stood at 60.7% for the North-Central, 71.4% for the North-West and the North-East had 69.1%. Others showed that the South-East figure stood at 59.5%, the South-South 49.8% and the South-West 55.5% . That was the pitiable picture painted by Oxfam in 2017. The situation is not much cheering as 2018 unfolds
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:36am On May 15, 2018
World Bank backs IMF on poverty rate in Nigeria shocked

in March, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said the country needed urgent and coherent policies because Nigerians were getting poorer.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:45am On May 15, 2018
Ezekwesili calls for national dialogue on poverty--Guys you should listen to her

A former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has called for an urgent national dialogue to discuss the problems of exclusion and poverty in the country

"Data tell us that it is better to be a large nation that works. If it were not so, Rwanda would be an amazing economic magnate because on the economic side, they have done a lot of things right but it is still a small economy. It cannot pull it. We can but we must be a country that works."

"So that conversation as to how to make this country work is a conversation that is not between the private sector and the government. It is a conversation amongst Nigerians – real Nigerians backed by data . Data will drive us to see some of the things that we have been blind to."

I bet there are just a few real Nigerians here backed by real data. The rest of the folks are just suffering an smiling undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:55am On May 15, 2018
Innoson just like Ghana's Kanatatruck or something like that are NOT Car manufacturers. They just re-badge Chinese made cars. And that basically sums the so called Nigeria manufacturing. It's basically re-badging and re-branding Chinese finished goods. This kind of nonsense goes on a lot in West Africa because it's a jungle out there.

If Innoson tries their nonsense in a functional country like kenya - they will be thrown to jail or be forced to pay lots of taxes.

Innoson I doubt can even manufacture a bolt - leave alone a car.

https://www.nairaland.com/4042621/innoson-ivm-44-carrier-not/5

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:55am On May 15, 2018
Keep Smiling folks grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 6:05am On May 15, 2018
The accusation by some Nigerians that kenyans here lies about real situation in Kenya is hilariously. The data is out there in internet. There are anecdotal evidence from stories of Nigerians and kenyans who have visited both countries.If kenya was as deluded as Nigerians - we would say we are better than South Africa or Egypt. We know South Africa are on another level - and we may need 10-15yrs in my estimation to reach there - if we grow and they stagnate - but definitely KENYA IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA.

And yet kenya still remain a 3rd world poor country - but we are making tremendous progress forward. 10 yrs ago - Kenya electrification level was 15% -- and now we are approaching 70%! We have world fastest electrification! In 2020-2022 - we may join South Africa has only Africa country with universal health coverage.

10yrs ago - kenyans who own a bank account were less than 10%- but now I think the number of bank accounts in kenya exceed the number of adult kenyans.

Look at poverty - Kenya's poverty rate drops sharply in 10 years by 10% - our poverty rate now is 36% - and absolute poverty is way less - I think 20 or less %

Pick any indicator of development and progress - and Kenya is making truly remarkable progress - health, education, infrastructure - name it.

Our GDP 10 yrs ago was probably 15B usd - now we are onto 90BUSd - we've grown it nearly six times - and if we maintain the same tempo - and I don't see the reason why we can't ( the growth is broad and solid) - we could be talking 400-500BUSD by 2030 - and those will be solid South Africa like figures - Not COOKED nigerian GDP!

And all this we are achieving without any foreign aid or minerals - we are turning the corner forever and poor Nigeria is doing the opposite - regressing every year.

https://af.reuters.com/article/kenyaNews/idAFL8N1R440U

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:02am On May 15, 2018
[s]
rvp20182:
The accusation by some Nigerians that kenyans here lies about real situation in Kenya is hilariously. The data is out there in internet. There are anecdotal evidence from stories of Nigerians and kenyans who have visited both countries.If kenya was as deluded as Nigerians - we would say we are better than South Africa or Egypt. We know South Africa are on another level - and we may need 10-15yrs in my estimation to reach there - if we grow and they stagnate - but definitely KENYA IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA.

And yet kenya still remain a 3rd world poor country - but we are making tremendous progress forward. 10 yrs ago - Kenya electrification level was 15% -- and now we are approaching 70%! We have world fastest electrification! In 2020-2022 - we may join South Africa has only Africa country with universal health coverage.

10yrs ago - kenyans who own a bank account were less than 10%- but now I think the number of bank accounts in kenya exceed the number of adult kenyans.

Look at poverty - Kenya's poverty rate drops sharply in 10 years by 10% - our poverty rate now is 36% - and absolute poverty is way less - I think 20 or less %

Pick any indicator of development and progress - and Kenya is making truly remarkable progress - health, education, infrastructure - name it.

Our GDP 10 yrs ago was probably 15B usd - now we are onto 90BUSd - we've grown it nearly six times - and if we maintain the same tempo - and I don't see the reason why we can't ( the growth is broad and solid) - we could be talking 400-500BUSD by 2030 - and those will be solid South Africa like figures - Not COOKED nigerian GDP!

And all this we are achieving without any foreign aid or minerals - we are turning the corner forever and poor Nigeria is doing the opposite - regressing every year.

https://af.reuters.com/article/kenyaNews/idAFL8N1R440U[/s]
trash!u can't compare kenya wit Nigerian.not in this lifetime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:23am On May 15, 2018
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000207165/nigerians-top-list-of-foreign-graduates-at-jomo-kenyatta-university

I don't know why Nigerian students do their University education in Kenya knowing we are a shithole!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:27am On May 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:28am On May 15, 2018
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-police-arrest-2-Nigerians-with-Sh4-5m-heroin/1056-3983572-13kctsc/index.html

Nigerians are law breakers and they will be first to cry of xenophobia when deported!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:29am On May 15, 2018
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:35am On May 15, 2018
https://www.awmagazine.org/kenya-introduces-new-law-aimed-discouraging-nigerian-students-studying-country/

We just don't want the bad guys.Nigerians abroad are giving Nigeria a bad name!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 7:42am On May 15, 2018
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/265692-union-threatens-to-ground-kenya-airways-over-sack-of-20-nigerians.html

Even after agreeing to pay all the workers accrued money,Nigerians are still bitter about the sack.I hope things get sorted out!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:02am On May 15, 2018
Mass Starvation Imminent In Nigeria, UN Warns

HomepageNews

The United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) on Tuesday sternly warned Nigeria to quickly address food security issues at all costs to avert a situation where a significant proportion of its population is stalked by mass starvation.

Adrian Edwards, UN Refugee Agency’s spokesperson, said at the Palais des Nations in Geneva on Tuesday: “UNHCR is warning today that the risk of mass deaths from starvation among populations in the Horn of Africa, Yemen and Nigeria is growing. This warning is in light of droughts that are also affecting many neighbouring countries and a funding shortfall that has become so severe that an avoidable humanitarian crisis in the region, possibly worse than that of 2011, is fast becoming an inevitability.”

Warning

He added: “In northern Nigeria, seven million people are now struggling with food insecurity and need help. The situation is particularly bad in parts of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states where by June it’s expected that some 5.1 million people will be in Integrated Food Security Phase classification levels of between 3 and 5 (worst).”

UNHCR says it is scaling up efforts with its partners and reminding the international community that the Horn of Africa drought of 2011 cost more than 260,000 lives, with more than half of these children aged below five.

“A repeat must be avoided at all costs. Our operations in South Sudan, Somalia, and Yemen are today funded at between 3 and 11 percent. It is now urgent that the shortfalls be addressed,” it stated.

UNHCR High Commissioner Filippo Grandi is said to be attending a high-level extraordinary meeting in Berlin today, April 12, 2017. The “Berlin Humanitarian Call – jointly against famine” meeting, called for by the German Federal Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel, Edwards said, will bring together donor countries and humanitarian partners, as well as local responders, to review and raise more awareness for the dire humanitarian situation in the countries affected.

Independent gathered that an appeal has been made for $4 billion as drought and conflict in league with other avoidable negative developments stalk and threaten 20 million people in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen.

Edward also said: “Always the problem that we have with humanitarian crises in sub-Saharan Africa is that they tend to get overlooked until things are too late.”

UNHCR says it is expanding its operations but is blocked by a severe funding shortfall, with some of the country programmes only funded at between three and 11 percent

https://independent.ng/mass-starvation-imminent-in-nigeria-un-warns/amp/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:05am On May 15, 2018
frer8:
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/05/14/two-nigerian-students-block-deportation-for-unlawful-stay-in-kenya_c1758622

Why do they come to Kenya?

We come to kenya and run to other african countries because nigeria is finished and collapsed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:23am On May 15, 2018
Starvation stalks Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Yemen

Appeal made for $4bn as mix of drought and conflict threatens 20 million in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen.
11 Apr 2017

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/starvation-stalks-nigeria-somalia-south-sudan-yemen-170411101432521.html

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2018
jln115:

You mean how you shame gay people?

I am a very conservative calvanist.....So just like you I see homosexuality as a sin, that said im a sinner myself(just like you) so im in no position to judge the sins of others.

We all ask one another to respect each other believes and religions(like you asked me above) but for some reason we can't respect someone for their sexual orientation??

I know a lot of people that claim to be christian but have never seen the inside of a church.....and then I've seen gay people who's actions are the epitome of what being a Christian is about!

Blah,blah,blah,faggotry is fvkcing disgusting! The actual practise causes real health problems and the pathologies of its practitioners deserve the attention of experienced mental health pros,I've had the msfortune of observing 3 homos up close and have seen the same narcissism bordering on sadism . If you refuse to see that you actually expose your own decidedly foreign mindset which you insist on inflicting upon Africans. Fyi,this mentality,this assumption of greater intellect or morality over others is the real reason your people are always in problems on this continent-not the land issue,black economic empowerment or any other BBC talking point.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:32am On May 15, 2018
90,000 children are expected to die in Nigeria over the next 12 months, Unicef warns

Unless action is taken, 240 children will die everyday, the United Nations children's agency says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/nigerian-children-starve-to-death-2017-nigeria-africa-help-unicef-international-community-aid-a7546176.html

Millions risk starvation in Nigeria, Lake Chad region: United Nations

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-famine/millions-risk-starvation-in-nigeria-lake-chad-region-united-nations-idUSKBN1611ND

(1) (2) (3) ... (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.