Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6229397 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:08am On May 27, 2018
nwoke37:

Let's compare upper hill roads to Uyo. I alredy showed u uyo which u refered to as uniformly slum.

Now let's see upper hill

just outside coco cola headquarters:

ugly,dirty,chaotic roads compared to Uyo. Yes i know there may be a few outliers, there are likely some clean,beautiful streets in Upper hill.

Lets take it from sky level.

poor landscaping here (remmeber we're comparing to Uyo,not a major Nigerian city) :

If u want we can also compare Uyo(lesser known city in Nigeria) to a lesser known city in Kenya if u don't like the comparison to the the great upper hill of Nairobi

You do realize you're comparing photos of highways with little to no pedestrian activity in Uyo with photos of streets in a busy business district in Nairobi do you?

PS...........The Upperhill roads you're posting are still under construction.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:08am On May 27, 2018
We have about 70 total public n private universities with enrollment at more than 500k.University like Kenyatta at point had i think 70k with Nairobi at 40k students...so our universities are some of world biggest conventional excluding open distance learning universities.
kikuyu1:
Looking for the receipts on uni education Dangoteland and Kenya. Ofc,we're ahead on the per capita and quality but I can't find anything
def!

[url][/url]https://qz.com/915618/only-one-in-four-nigerians-applying-to-university-will-get-a-spot/

Here we have 50 unis,private and public and IIRC at least 400,000 students. i can't find anything definite for both of us-rvp20182,can you find smth and break it down per capita?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:22am On May 27, 2018
And those are upperhill roads under construction
NairobiWalker:

You do realize you're comparing photos of highways with little to no pedestrian activity in Uyo with photos of streets in a busy business district in Nairobi do you?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:30am On May 27, 2018
rvp2018:

Exactly, I even forgot to mention that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:40am On May 27, 2018
kikuyu1:

Do Dangotelanders lies ever stop? HELLZ NO! Nigga,we revealed your monorail project failed and is now a monument to waste and misplaced prioritisation.

Managing Director of Tinapa Business and Resort, Mr. Ayiba Ayiba said the monorail is in good condition, but not moving because there are no passengers. grin

“The monorail is in perfect condition; nothing has happened to it but presently there is no patronage. Whenever we have passengers, we call the engineers to fix necessary things. ” he said. grin grin

Mr. Ayiba also lamented the epileptic power and water supply that has slowed down activities grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:49am On May 27, 2018
mtis:

Managing Director of Tinapa Business and Resort, Mr. Ayiba Ayiba said the monorail is in good condition, but not moving because there are no passengers. grin

“The monorail is in perfect condition; nothing has happened to it but presently there is no patronage. Whenever we have passengers, we call the engineers to fix necessary things. ” he said. grin grin

Mr. Ayiba also lamented the epileptic power and water supply that has slowed down activities grin grin grin

Why would they build an electric train with their kind of electricity? grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 12:01pm On May 27, 2018
That really sums nigeria..grandiose projects during oil boom..without any sustanability
NairobiWalker:

Why would they build an electric train with their kind of electricity? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by owbabs: 12:45pm On May 27, 2018
kikuyu1:

Do Dangotelanders lies ever stop? HELLZ NO! Nigga,we revealed your monorail project failed and is now a monument to waste and misplaced prioritisation.

You are confusing Calabar with Port Harcourt

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:55pm On May 27, 2018
GERALD710:

Hasnt a picture showing Kariobangi, Tena and Innercore been postedLast I checked those ARE lower Income estates by the Kenyan definition.
Any Nairobian will tell you that in Eastlands, North of Buruburu is all low income until you reach Kasarani in Nairobi's far North. East of Buruburu, even from the picture, only a part of Umoja is middle income(Close to Outering). Innercore and Tena(especially given the congestion since 2010) are NOT middle income!!
Look at the picture again!!!

No, only a picture of Madaraka estate was posted.

So are you telling me that the picture above shows a mainly low income area or what? Cos I am clearly not seeing any low income area in this pic.

Besides what the heck do you mean low income by Kenyan standards? Are Kenyan standards so high? If Kenyan Income standards were so high, then your country would have had a large middleclass population which it doesn't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 1:26pm On May 27, 2018
30% 0f Nairobi are proper middle class earning 10k dollars per annum..that is whopping 1.5m Nairobian which explain why outside Joburg Nairobi leads in modern malls in SSA.And Nairobi has 10k dollar millionaires..Lagos has 15k usd millionaire mostly oil barons..Hass track rent price in Nairobi and typical Nigerian have to cramp 15 of themselves to afford in low middle class Nairobi.
Nowenuse:

No, only a picture of Madaraka estate was posted.

So are you telling me that the picture above shows a mainly low income area or what? Cos I am clearly not seeing any low income area in this pic.

Besides what the heck do you mean low income by Kenyan standards? Are Kenyan standards so high? If Kenyan Income standards were so high, then your country would have had a large middleclass population which it doesn't.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 1:31pm On May 27, 2018
kikuyu1:

Calabar is a different city from port harcourt. It was port harcourt's monorail that failed

It's this one that failed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 1:35pm On May 27, 2018
mtis:

The monorail is still functional and works. It's Nigeria's first 24/7 functional monorail. Now are u going to say the cable cars are lies too?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:41pm On May 27, 2018
rvp2018:
30% 0f Nairobi are proper middle class earning 10k dollars per annum..that is whopping 1.5m Nairobian which explain why outside Joburg Nairobi leads in modern malls in SSA.And Nairobi has 10k dollar millionaires..Lagos has 15k usd millionaire mostly oil barons..Hass track rent price in Nairobi and typical Nigerian have to cramp 15 of themselves to afford in low middle class Nairobi.
Majority of the oil barons are even in PortHarcourt.
What is the total middle class of Nairobi? Middle class is middle class everywhere, rent price in Nairobi is high because you pay for electricity, the Nigerian middle class sometimes provides their own electricity, so it's thesame thing finally.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:01pm On May 27, 2018
GERALD710:

Since When did Southlands, South C, and Langata become rich areas?SMH!!!If Langata is what you call High class, Lawd, what will you call the apartments in my area and even Westlands is not considered high class either but Middle Class

Langata constituency which NairobiWalker boasted to me of being 223km² consists of karen (Is Karen a low middle income area?).
Langata also contains Madaraka estate which is a high middle income estate and not anywhere low middle income or low income. At least he could not provide additonal pictures to me to show that.

He also went to check the prices of houses in Surulere to show me that Surulere is not a low Income area just as I did to him with Madaraka, but I proved him wrong by showing him more and more lower income neighborhoods of Surulere till himself concluded that the majority of Surulere is a slum.
So, help me to ask him, why couldn't he show me more and more pictures of lower income areas of Madaraka or Langata? To prove that indeed it is predominantly lower income area?

Besides let us get the differences between a high income, high middleclass, low middleclass and low income house/neighborhood.

The 1st pic is a high income house in Nigeria
The 2nd pic is high middle income house
The 3rd pic is a low middle income (estate)
The 4th pic is low middle income (street, not an estate)
The 5th pic is a typically low income neighborhood.
Makoko is the only worse place that this in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:06pm On May 27, 2018
254tobby:

Thika-Onitsha

Kiambu-jos

Machakos-warri

Voi-kaduna

Kericho-ibadan

Kitale-enugu

Busia-owerri

Naivasha-maiduguri

Kakamega-Awka

Malindi-Aba

Kisii-Benin

Are you now satisfied grin

Who is this person comparing small towns and semi urban areas in Kenya with large cities in Nigeria with millions of people?
Are you alright?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 2:10pm On May 27, 2018
rvp2018:

grin grin Good excuse. I guess all those pics of roads i showed were under construction.

I can't believe u guys thought all cities in Nigeria looked like Lagos, the danger of the one-sided story

Keep in mind though there are some cities in Nigeria that are utterly disgusting, yea so not all cities look like Uyo or Calabar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 2:15pm On May 27, 2018
rvp2018:
That really sums nigeria..grandiose projects during oil boom..without any sustanability

Sometimes when you see a nigga in self inflicted problems you just shake your head and keep it moving. You told these negroes many many times to stop dreaming of massive power production and first concentrate on improving the distribution! IIRC you said its like filling a leaky balloon with water to fill buckets.
Now see the result! A total waste of scant billions,Jesus fvkcing Christ,goddammit,Dangotelanders!?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:25pm On May 27, 2018
NairobiWalker:

grin grin grin grin

Now I've seen your problem. You want to post us middle income houses while we post you photos of slums so that you can massage your ego. Lol.

Dude, the photos I posted are of houses cheaper than what you posted. You're making no sense at all. Just accept you've been beaten.

Your ignorance and lack of comprehension is your problem.

The cheapest 3 bedroom flat I could find in Madaraka estate was worth 480,000 shillings (approx 1.7 million naira) per annum,
While the cheapest 3 bedroom flats in Surulere were half and less than 1/3 the price of Madaraka.

Who is the fool here now? And like I told you, only mostly the newer modern houses in Surulere are available for rent online. There are many more cheaper ones as you can see in the lower income areas which dominate Surulere.

So, can you pls show me cheaper 3 bedroom flats in Madaraka to prove yourself? or forever shut your buccal shithole!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:30pm On May 27, 2018
NairobiWalker:

PS...........The Upperhill roads you're posting are still under construction.

Under construction? grin You can do better than this na. Don't confirm your dumbness to the whole world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:43pm On May 27, 2018
Nowenuse:

Who is this person comparing small towns and semi urban areas in Kenya with large cities in Nigeria with millions of people?
Are you alright?
Do Kibera villagers know the difference between a town and a city? Every village is town to them and town city to them. One of them claimed there are 5 cities in their village, Kenya.
They are kibera clowns.
I have been waiting aimlessly for pictures of their low income area, shame will not let them post kibera slum which is their low income area and other slums makin Nairo a city.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:43pm On May 27, 2018
rvp2018:

Pointless. Malls are not a significance of middleClass.

The GDP per capital of a country and it's GNI coefficient are a better significance of middleclass population.

Personally I do not like going to malls. I prefer to get my groceries in neighborhood supermarkets, minimarts, shops and markets. Many Nigerians also have this mentality.

Yeah, it's possible that 30% of Nairobians are middleclass cos afterall the majority of Kenya's 10% middle class population live in Nairobi, Mombasa and perhaps Kisumu only.

That's why I was more interested in the lower income and lower middleclass areas of Nairobi cos I do not want to believe that the remaining 70% of Nairobians live in Kibera and other slums as various reports show. Or not?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:47pm On May 27, 2018
nwoke37:

grin grin Good excuse. I guess all those pics of roads i showed were under construction.

I can't believe u guys thought all cities in Nigeria looked like Lagos, the danger of the one-sided story

Keep in mind though there are some cities in Nigeria that are utterly disgusting, yea so not all cities look like Uyo or Calabar
Kibera slum dwellers are propagandist and chronic liars like the ruling party in Nigeria. They eat, drink and breathe lies.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 3:04pm On May 27, 2018
Nowenuse:

The cheapest 3 bedroom flat I could find in Madaraka estate was worth 480,000 shillings (approx 1.7 million naira) per annum,
While the cheapest 3 bedroom flats in Surulere were half and less than 1/3 the price of Madaraka.

Who is the fool here now? And like I told you, only mostly the newer modern houses in Surulere are available for rent online. There are many more cheaper ones as you can see in the lower income areas which dominate Surulere.

So, can you pls show me cheaper 3 bedroom flats in Madaraka to prove yourself? or forever shut your buccal shithole!

If you notice those kibera clowns even need jumia(a Nigerian company) which is the best thing to happen to Kenya to help market their real estate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 3:09pm On May 27, 2018
rvp2018:
That really sums up my stupidity.. I am a useless hegoat since my slave masters nigeria refused me visa my life has been miserable Masha Allah if they reject my application again I would by rat poison and end my worthless kibera life.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:19pm On May 27, 2018
Nowenuse:

Langata constituency which NairobiWalker boasted to me of being 223km² consists of karen (Is Karen a low middle income area?).
Langata also contains Madaraka estate which is a high middle income estate and not anywhere low middle income or low income. At least he could not provide additonal pictures to me to show that.

He also went to check the prices of houses in Surulere to show me that Surulere is not a low Income area just as I did to him with Madaraka, but I proved him wrong by showing him more and more lower income neighborhoods of Surulere till himself concluded that the majority of Surulere is a slum.
So, help me to ask him, why couldn't he show me more and more pictures of lower income areas of Madaraka or Langata? To prove that indeed it is predominantly lower income area?

Besides let us get the differences between a high income, high middleclass, low middleclass and low income house/neighborhood.

The 1st pic is a high income house in Nigeria
The 2nd pic is high middle income house
The 3rd pic is a low middle income (estate)
The 4th pic is low middle income (street, not an estate)
The 5th pic is a typically low income neighborhood.
Makoko is the only worse place that this in Lagos.

The last pic is a slum lol.

Karen is high income.

The point was, you were boasting that Surulere, which you initially claimed to be a low income area, has more decent housing than Nairobi's low income areas. We showed you Lang'ata whose rent is less than Surulere yet looks better than Surulere by far. You came to your senses and argued that Surulere is a combination of low, high and middle income neighborhoods. I argued that then your argument doesn't hold water since your main argument was to boast how decent your low income earners live considering their's nothing worth boasting about in Surulere since it's a tiny area and majority of its housing is crap. You keep shifting goals to fit your bruised ego lol. Are you so proud of having tiny neighborhoods of mixed decent housing and slums? I have even show you photos of lower earners in Nairobi (Tena, Umoja, Kariobangi etc) but you're just all over yapping. grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2018
Nowenuse:

Actually I am the one who noted and said that point lol. You're too dumb to realize these kind of things. grin grin grin

You're definitely the fool here if you've started usurping whatever I said and claiming it's you who said it. Goes ahead to explain you aren't so proud of your dumbness and you actually admire my brilliance. grin grin grin

NairobiWalker:

1. You don't understand the meaning of the word suburb.

2. You don't understand the meaning of the word estate.

3. I said you showed us 'nicer' houses first. nicer is a comparative adjective. Maybe your shitty Nigerian schools didn't teach you that.

4. You googled prices of houses in Nairobi West which definitely gave you the more expensive ones since it's the newer houses whose rent you'll easily find online. I also did the same for surulere. It's interesting how somehow you feel you exposed me and I didn't expose you. lol.

5. We've shown you neighborhoods that are clearly cheaper than the Surulere you showed us. It's interesting how you still insist Sululere is low income and Nairobi West, Madaraka and Lang'ata are high Class. Lol. grin grin grin

You're an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:17pm On May 27, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Karen is high income.

Since you know that Karen is high income, why the hell did you include it in your Langata constituency of 223km² which you were bragging about?
You think we will not discover your usual lies right?

The last pic is not a slum. It has some levels of sanitation. The houses there are not temporary illegal structures like those of Kibera & Mathare.
These houses enjoy pipe borne water and modern toilet facilities irrespective of how poor they look!
Only an slowpoke will call an apartment-styled house on a numbered street with pipe borne water and modern toilet and kitchen pipe facilities a slum.

If you have any senses upstairs compare Mathare to the neighborhood below. Can't you see how you are embarrassing yourself on Africa's largest forum?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:42pm On May 27, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Karen is high income.

The point was, you were boasting that Surulere, which you initially claimed to be a low income area, has more decent housing than Nairobi's low income areas. We showed you Lang'ata whose rent is less than Surulere yet looks better than Surulere by far. You came to your senses and argued that Surulere is a combination of low, high and middle income neighborhoods. I argued that then your argument doesn't hold water since your main argument was to boast how decent your low income earners live considering their's nothing worth boasting about in Surulere since it's a tiny area and majority of its housing is crap. You keep shifting goals to fit your bruised ego lol. Are you so proud of having tiny neighborhoods of mixed decent housing and slums? I have even show you photos of lower earners in Nairobi (Tena, Umoja, Kariobangi etc) but you're just all over yapping. grin grin

Can you please show me one sentence where I bragged about the decency of Surulere houses?
I dare you to show me one single sentence where I bragged about the decency of Surulere.
Your failure to do this confirms you as a complete nincompoop!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2018
Nowenuse:

Since you know that Karen is high income, why the hell did you include it in your Langata constituency of 223km² which you were bragging about?
You think we will not discover your usual lies right?

The last pic is not a slum. It has some levels of sanitation. The houses there are not temporary illegal structures like those of Kibera & Mathare.
These houses enjoy pipe borne water and modern toilet facilities irrespective of how poor they look!
Only an slowpoke will call an apartment-styled house on a numbered street with pipe borne water and modern toilet and kitchen pipe facilities a slum.

If you have any senses upstairs compare Mathare to the neighborhood below. Can't you see how you are embarrassing yourself on Africa's largest forum?

Didn't you include the higher income regions of Surulere too? I'm just playing your tune man since you're a retarded prick seeking to massage your ego. You brought here a tiny region in Lagos that constitutes a wide range of neighborhoods beginning with expensive high end neighborhoods to downright slums thinking that's something worth bragging of and I brought you Langata - a massive region ten times the size of Surulere with a range of neighborhoods ranging from one of the richest neighborhoods on the continent to middle class. When you realized you can't compete you started focussing on low middle class which we also posted you photos of Tena, Umoja, Kariobangi, Buruburu, Donholm etc which you conveniently choose to ignore in your frustrated rants. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2018
Nowenuse:

Can you please show me one sentence where I bragged about the decency of Surulere houses?
I dare you to show me one single sentence where I bragged about the decency of Surulere.
Your failure to do this confirms you as a complete nincompoop!

How man times should I show you? lol.

Nowenuse:
NairobiWalker, rvp20182.

I am waiting for your adorable Kenyan middle and low income suburbs.

This is Surulere, a large suburb of Lagos. We know they are box houses. This is where typical low middleclass and low income Nigerians live.
Let's see that of Kenya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1-Y4EXfY-k

BTW, Check out your video more carefully - it doesn't include those slums in Surulere because your aim was to convince us your poor people live in those nice houses. The slums only came in after you realized I am exposing you. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:54pm On May 27, 2018
NairobiWalker:

The point was, you were boasting that Surulere, which you initially claimed to be a low income area, has more decent housing than Nairobi's low income areas. We showed you Lang'ata whose rent is less than Surulere yet looks better than Surulere by far.

These are new modern houses in Surulere below and their costs.
Can you show me modern 3 bedroom appartment houses in Langata as cheap as this. I am waiting!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:12pm On May 27, 2018
Nowenuse:

Do you watch local Nigerian TV stations?
I watch a Kenyan local TV station and did not just make my conclusions based on what I see on CNN or foreign news.

Plan with agroup and come to Kenya I will take you around the country for free...

I do not watch the news but I spend I good time on Utube and watch staff around africa..

Negative news always sales, so don't expect to get aclear picture of a country through News..

Yesterday I enjoyed this from nigeria..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_xEqCWrm0

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.