Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,981 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6241796 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
rvp20182:
Granted. So first you have to accept Nigeria is way down. Now before yous reach Kenya level - you need a deficit of 10 global chains - and Kenya is not sleeping either. Clearly you 400-500B dollar economy exist only in cooked stats. You should be with South Africa and Egypt in 300 plus global chains. Having 5 in every Nigeria slum city - would easily make that 200...but here you have as many global chain hotels as Tanzania.
Nigeria has never been known for her tourism(which is a shame because the potential is there). Other factors like security fears may have played a role as well, but then Kenya is just 68(which is a shame), and this report makes it clear that there are more global chains coming up in Naija than anywhere else.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2018
naijalander:
Ego aside, let's just say Kenyan football has a long way to go. You'll be surprised how many Nigerian footballers are resident in Kenya.

What do they do in Kenya?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
Global chains counted here excluded tourist lodges and camps. The global chains are mainly for business travelers. Nigeria will never ran out of excuses! You want to diversify the economy - start with tourism - domestic tourism!
Daejoyoung:

Nigeria has never been known for her tourism(which is a shame because the potential is there). Other factors like security fears may have played a role as well, but then Kenya is just 68(which is a shame), and this report makes it clear that there are more global chains coming up in Naija than anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
Most and Least Diversified Exporters in Africa for 2018.

North Africa, South Africa and Kenya top the list.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
They used to be many such footballers in Umoja, Nairobi. Like this one who was arrested for defilling under-age girl. They mainly play for lower leagues - if not engaging in drugs or trying to get to Europe or Asia. You see for Nigerian - it very hard to get VISA unless they have travelled around - having Kenyan stamp on their passport increases their chance of going to Europe or US next time they apply for VISA.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201202100387.html
TayserMahiri:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nigeria the bottom literally - OIL and bust.
TayserMahiri:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
Launch of the Early Oil Pilot Scheme (EOPS) from Turkana, Northern Kenya. The EOPS is aimed at testing the oil market, learning the trade/tricks, etc before full phase oil production in two years.

That note is President Uhuru Kenyatta's on the visitor book. Just below (not visible) is a note in red saying "The idea is to avoid being like Nigeria". grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
rvp20182:
They used to be many such footballers in Umoja, Nairobi. Like this one who was arrested for defilling under-age girl. They mainly play for lower leagues - if not engaging in drugs or trying to get to Europe or Asia. You see for Nigerian - it very hard to get VISA unless they have travelled around - having Kenyan stamp on their passport increases their chance of going to Europe or US next time they apply for VISA.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201202100387.html

oh ok.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
rvp20182:
Nigeria the bottom literally - OIL and bust.

At least they beat Sudan tongue
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
rvp20182:
Abuja cannot beat NAIROBI in anything. Despite all the billion dollars Nigeria spent in building it from the scratch.

This is Upperhill - Nairobi's Sandton that was recently rebuild from middle class estate - within Nairobi

Nairobi old City Center.

Nairobi's Westland CBD also beat Abuja

Upperhill has bad roads... everything else is beautiful but dirty roads
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
They don't do anything Kenyans don't already do in Kenya.

I'm guessing play football and lie to Kenyan women. grin

TayserMahiri:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
No they didn't. It only in alphabetical sorting. You can imagine Nigeria import about 1.5-1.8M containers of goods - and they all return EMPTY smiley smiley
TayserMahiri:

At least they beat Sudan tongue

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
Meanwhile, Kenyans dont take cartels lying down.

With the launch of oil exportation, calculative Kenyans have come together, formed and launched their own oil marketing company to take on the Oil Big Boys of the world! There is no way these cartels that run Nigerian oil industry will make it here. The brand goes by the name Eqwipetrol and is sophisticated enough, officially becoming the largest chain of fuel marketers across the country in one day. They are giving Kenyans Eqwipetrol prepaid fuel Mastercards besides providing an App that enables independent retailers to plan for their fuel demands, order for fuel and track fuel consignments through a GPS tracking system. The Kenyan People's owned brand will dominate the Kenyan Oil market and protect Kenyans from profit hungry international cartels. As you probably figured, the oil sector is dominated by foreign brands in Africa. Wont happen in Kenya!

Expect Eqwipetrol to grow into an international brand rivaling Total, Shell and BP in the future.

The Tagline for Eqwipetrol is "Hii ni Yetu" translating to "This (Oil) is Ours".

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
naijalander:

I have no mercy for Kenyan women who fall for Nigerian men lies ! They deserve everything they get.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2018
It's Time for Treasury to sell National Oil - so it can benefit from private sector expertise. Otherwise this idea is good.Eqwipetrol is owned by National Oil if am not wrong.
TayserMahiri:
Meanwhile, Kenyans dont take cartels lying down.

With the launch of oil exportation, calculative Kenyans have come together, formed and launched their own oil marketing company to take on the Oil Big Boys of the world! There is no way these cartels that run Nigerian oil industry will make it here. The brand goes by the name Eqwipetrol and is sophisticated enough, officially becoming the largest chain of fuel marketers across the country in one day. They are giving Kenyans Eqwipetrol Mastercards besides providing an App that enables independent retailers to plan for their fuel demands, order for fuel and track fuel consignments through a GPS tracking system. The Kenyan People's owned brand will dominate the Kenyan Oil market and protect Kenyans from profit hungry international cartels. As you probably figured, the oil sector is dominated by foreign brands in Africa. Wont happen in Kenya!

Expect Eqwipetrol to grow into an international brand rivaling Total, Shell and BP in the future.

The Tagline for Eqwipetrol is "Hii ni Yetu" translating to "This (Oil) is Ours".

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
rvp20182:
No they didn't. It only in alphabetical sorting. You can imagine Nigeria import about 1.5-1.8M containers of goods - and they all return EMPTY smiley smiley

O yea they didnt! They are just as good as Burundi and Chad. Goodness these people!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
Not in one index - but so many indices Nigeria lies comfortably with Burudi, Niger, Chad, DRC & Central Africa. Kenya as always lies up there with progressive nations - South Africa, Rwanda, Botswana, Mauritius, Namibia, Ghana, Senegal, Cote-divoire - in SSA - and most of Arab Nation of North Africa - of course.
TayserMahiri:

O yea they didnt! They are just as good as Burundi and Chad. Goodness these people!

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
rvp20182:
It's Time for Treasury to sell National Oil - so it can benefit from private sector expertise. Otherwise this idea is good. Eqwipetrol is owned by National Oil if am not wrong.

Maybe it should be privatized like BP but am a bit skeptical. As to being owners I think they are just part n parc3l of Eqwipetrol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
Marsabit Town in Kenya's remote north is slowly growing into a beautiful Metropolis with excellent infrastructure. Kenya's north is quickly starting to thrive after a decade of serious and very deliberate government focus and devolution of resources. A decade ago if you were offered a parcel of land in this town you would be hesitant to take it.
Now the North also has Oil, Phew!

The population density of this area is 4 persons per square Kilometer. In fact, many areas here have a human population density that rivals that of the moon.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
Incredible pictures.Indeed the kenyan north is slowly rising. Let hope tarmac will also reach Wajir and Mandera soon.
TayserMahiri:
Marsabit Town in Kenya's remote north is slowly growing into a beautiful Metropolis with excellent infrastructure. Kenya's north is quickly starting to thrive after a decade of serious and very deliberate government focus and devolution of resources. A decade ago if you were offered a parcel of land in this town you would be hesitant to take it.
Now the North also has Oil, Phew!

The population density of this area is 4 persons per square Kilometer. In fact, many areas here have a human population density that rivals that of the moon.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
The most famous resident of Marsabit was Ahmed the Elephant.

He was so famous that the then president, Jomo Kenyatta, declared he be given presidential protection via decree. He still remains as the most famous elephant in Africa to date. He was famous for his giant size and giant tusks, which led people like me to speculate he carried the condition Mammothinitis, the quality of having mammoth genes (their distant cousins). lol am kiddin, theres no such condition. grin grin grin

The great animal now stands outside the National Museum, mounted in fiberglass and resin. He died aged 55, meaning he lived as long as men in Nigeria expect to live in 2018 grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2018
nwoke37:

Upperhill has bad roads... everything else is beautiful but dirty roads

How many times have you been to Upper Hill?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2018
naijalander:

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
TayserMahiri:
Launch of the Early Oil Pilot Scheme (EOPS) from Turkana, Northern Kenya. The EOPS is aimed at testing the oil market, learning the trade/tricks, etc before full phase oil production in two years.

That note is President Uhuru Kenyatta's on the visitor book. Just below (not visible) is a note in red saying "The idea is to avoid being like Nigeria". grin

I watched this on Aljazeera yesterday.

But the kind of poverty I saw in this Turkana community was terrible.

They were like people living in the stone age. A particular girl was shown, she had to walk 30 minutes just to fetch some very dirty water from a hole. I hope the communities and county govts get a lot of derivation from this oil wealth cos it would be very unfair for all the wealth to go to Nairobi.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
rvp20182:
Military spending. South Africa 3.2B dollars, Nigeria 1.6b dollars( GAINT smiley) and Kenya 1B dollars (aka the dwarf).

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/Kenya-tops-in-regional-military-salaries/3946234-4594418-ea5gr5z/index.html

I told them earlier one Kenyan army private at 45,000 pm can pay 3 equivalent Dangotelanders. Throughout the ranks the pay differential is 3-4.5x.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
That very true - Turkana are basically the wretch of earth. But with oil they are getting 30% of it. But yeah at one point 98% of Turkana were poor. Now after devolution and the last decade of investment - poverty has come down to 70%. The whole of Northern Kenya requires a marshall plan and I am glad that seem to be happening now. We need to complete LAPSSET so these areas can be opened up for investments, tourism, for security and generally to unleash the 2/3 of kenya that is now too remote.
Nowenuse:

They were like people living in the stone age. A particular girl was shown, she had to walk 30 minutes just to fetch some very dirty water from a hole. I hope the communities and county govts get a lot of derivation from this oil wealth cos it would be very unfair for all the wealth to go to Nairobi.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
TayserMahiri:

I swear you learn smth new every day on this thread! I did know we lead in export diversity stats but I didn't know we were better than Egypt! Look who's at the bottom not far from Liberia et al! HAHAHAHA!!

HAIYYA! Even the DRC is ahead of you?! How obaaderemi,HOW?? Pls,srsly just give me a logical explanation,that's all.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yeah Turkana is the poorest county in Kenya by far. But they will be getting 30 % of the oil revenue, 5 % of which will go straight to the local community including that girl.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
NairobiWalker:

How many times have you been to Upper Hill?

Abuja is better than Nairobi
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
TayserMahiri:

From discovery to market was a mere 6 yrs,actually very very short. No corners were cut as the locals have been included in all production sharing agreements to avoid issues seen in a certain W African country. I also hear more deposits have been made in Narok,Pokot and Baringo but are yet to be properly quantified.

Uganda discovered oil on the DRC border in 2006 and was supposed to have a pipeline running to Lokichar to save costs but M7 as usual conned us and is making a one man show of everything slowing down his own production plans. Once we have our pipeline running imo it'll be difficult to build the Ug/Tz pipeline. Rvp20182,unaonaje?

Dangotelanders,just think what we can do with modest oil money of 3.5 bn$ annually,seeing what we've achieved with tea,coffee,flowers ,real estate and tourism?

WHOOOOOA!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
rvp20182:
That very true - Turkana are basically the wretch of earth. But with oil they are getting 30% of it. But yeah at one point 98% of Turkana were poor. Now after devolution and the last decade of investment - poverty has come down to 70%. The whole of Northern Kenya requires a marshall plan and I am glad that seem to be happening now. We need to complete LAPSSET so these areas can be opened up for investments, tourism, for security and generally to unleash the 2/3 of kenya that is now too remote.
TayserMahiri:

Yeah Turkana is the poorest county in Kenya by far. But they will be getting 30 % of the oil revenue, 5 % of which will go straight to the local community including that girl.

Ok, I am very happy to hear this.

Cos it pains me so much seeing Africans in such poverty. These images being sent to the world is terrible.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
nwoke37:

Abuja is better than Nairobi

I disagree.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.