Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,101 members, 7,860,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6280781 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by uzzyke: 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
ee

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
We've been thro this several times. Kenya is a UNITARY republic - with a devolved gov - where counties are NOT ALLOWED to levy taxes. Nigeria is a federal gov - with each state allowed to levy taxes.

Don't compare our counties with your states. Lagos collect 1B as a state. Nairobi collect 300M as a county - from just business licensing/parking/property rates - Lagos collect taxes and has a tax authority - just like all the other 36 states.

One example in Nigeria- The VAT Act, which is a Federal law, imposes tax at 5% on supply of goods and services in Nigeria while the Sales Tax Law, a Lagos State law, imposes tax at 5% on sale of goods and services in Lagos State.

Now if Nairobi was allowed to levy 5% VAT ; ohoo boy; Nairobi would rake lots of billions dollars. Nairobi account for anything btw 30-50% of Kenya taxes - . VAT contributes about 25% of nearly 15-17B dollars of taxes now - that is around 4B dollars - with Nairobi taking at least 1.5B dollars - with max of 2B dollars.

Lagos cannot compete with Nairobi. Nairobi is competing with likes of Joburg.

Danielnino00:
The economy of Lagos is bigger than the whole Kenya.. that's a fact. ..

These little Indians really don't know anything. that dumb rvp said Lagos generates just 1b IGR and collects 2bn from abuja when in reality Lagos generates more IGR than the whole of Kenya 47 counties combined..and Lagos has never for once depend on federal allocations.. there was a time when pdp were in power and Lagos was being starved of revenue.. it didn't fall.. .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
68816419:

Nigeria! Very little foreign aid as percentage of government expenditure. That's respectful. Unlike our noisy friends. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2018
[s]
rvp2018:
We've been thro this several times. Kenya is a UNITARY republic - with a devolved gov - where counties are NOT ALLOWED to levy taxes. Nigeria is a federal gov - with each state allowed to levy taxes.

Don't compare our counties with your states. Lagos collect 1B as a state. Nairobi collect 300M as a county - from just business licensing/parking/property rates - Lagos collect taxes and has a tax authority - just like all the other 36 states.

One example in Nigeria- The VAT Act, which is a Federal law, imposes tax at 5% on supply of goods and services in Nigeria while the Sales Tax Law, a Lagos State law, imposes tax at 5% on sale of goods and services in Lagos State.

Now if Nairobi was allowed to levy 5% VAT ; ohoo boy; Nairobi would rake lots of billions dollars. Nairobi account for anything btw 30-50% of Kenya taxes - . VAT contributes about 25% of nearly 15-17B dollars of taxes now - that is around 4B dollars - with Nairobi taking at least 1.5B dollars - with max of 2B dollars.

Lagos cannot compete with Nairobi. Nairobi is competing with likes of Joburg.
[/s]

Stop giving excuses. They make you look bad. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2018
[quote author=68816419 post=70984433][/quote]On a serious note, what's their problem?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
68816419:

ahhahahaah dude, with all your Google search u only gat a pic of a mall in the whole of "Greater Nairobi Metro" grin , how bout showing aerial views, roads and other developments of other places , show us Gatanga, Kandara, Kenol/Kabati, Murang'a,Kajiado, Olkejuado, Bissil, Ngong, , Kiserian, Ongata Rongai,Kangundo-Tala, Machakos at least they r all part of the so called greater Nairobi Metro , or even show us other part of Nairobi county aside the 6mi Nairobi,cbd,upper hill west land angled pictures.

Begin by posting a counter to that mall. I aint here to entertain ya.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
Even Tanzania's slay King has spoken. Its all settled.

You know Kenya has won fair n square when a bloody Tanzanian applauds grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hell Even Ghana people know who won

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
grin grin grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
I always wondered why Nigerians have massive snouts (noses) but now I know grin grin

You dont wonna be near this guy because he gonna breathe your air and you'll die of asphyxiation.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
grin grin grin
Winner

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 11:51pm On Sep 07, 2018
TayserMahiri:
grin grin grin
Winner
Hahahahaha you guys claiming you won the battle by deleting our post. If we post the adming will delete our post, because they know we'll whooped their arses hehehehe. Even the Ghanaians we whooped them in their own group and they ran and left the group for us. That's why they are supporting you Kenyans hahahahahaha. If you look at what your brothers are posting, they are not even funny but if a Nigerian person post, definatly you must laugh and post will hurt you hehehehe.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 11:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
TayserMahiri:
grin grin grin
Winner
I will post mine tomorrow. Be ready for my own tomorrow hehehehe. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 08, 2018
jaycent:
Hahahahaha you guys claiming you won the battle by deleting our post. If we post the adming will delete our post, because they know we'll whooped their arses hehehehe. Even the Ghanaians we whooped them in their own group and they ran and left the group for us. That's why they are supporting you Kenyans hahahahahaha. If you look at what your brothers are posting, they are not even funny but if a Nigerian person post, definatly you must laugh and post will hurt you hehehehe.

But your own bros accepted that you lost. Didnt you see that convo above in Nigeria Uni of Hardknocks/ Savagery page? You are the only one who is insisting that you didnt lose. People from your most badass group conceded.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 08, 2018
jaycent:
I will post mine tomorrow. Be ready for my own tomorrow hehehehe. grin

Post ya nose first. Dont post tomorrow if ya nose is big we need some fresh air dude!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by cagoro(m): 4:38am On Sep 08, 2018
In all aspects? hell fucking no! Well, at least not in the Looks aspect
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 6:02am On Sep 08, 2018
kikuyu1:

My dude,nemesis8u is right! Years ago I read the Gitas,the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. I realised they were edited not only for an Anglo audience but also severely dumbed down for the simpler minds of today. Btw,do you know the latter discusses test tube babies? IIRC,the Mahabharat mentions the sinking of Dvarka,home town of Lord Krishna over 7000 years ago. In 2001 it was discovered underwater off the coast of Gujarat. Those books discuss real ishyt!

Da fuk!!?

Kenyan Indian. cool

I , Kenyan Samurai. Konichiwa m@!#$%^&*s! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 6:36am On Sep 08, 2018
Nairobi Metro - Nairobi extends into at least four counties - Kiambu,Machakos,Kajiado & Muranga - some towns that are now part of Nairobi include Thika, Juja, Ruiru, Kiambu, Ruarak, Limuru, Ngong, Rongai, Kitengela, Kajiado, Athi River, Ruai, Mavoko, Syokimau, Tala, even Machakos town all the way to Konza & Tatu- upcoming cities that don't lie within Nairobi.

Let start with big one - Thika town - connected by Thika-Nairobi super-highway - Thika lies about 40km north east of Nairobi.
Thika CBD - Nairobi urban sprawl spread beyond Thika - all the way now to Muranga's Kenol.

Thika is home to Mt Kenya university - one of Africa's largest private universities now - that was started about 15yrs ago and has branches now in many countries.
Mt kenya university in Thika
[img]https://4.bp..com/-gbeW77n0ODc/W1L-zPJTo8I/AAAAAAAAKb0/I-KOas1ijiwpttH6LTaFNUa8FXoX4sICgCLcBGAs/s640/1.jpg[/img]
[img]https://3.bp..com/-gQUunNBCZRI/Wy5vBakWB_I/AAAAAAAAJ5k/HTxXNuiWiScH7YMznLCzR9RAAL8UyRcqgCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_20170707_080752.jpg[/img]
[img]https://4.bp..com/-pXUqxzs8bt0/V2U1lEZjGII/AAAAAAAAJR0/bj_OrOHcgSsosh4OzUpoevbJ6bz98xFLgCLcB/s1600/Presentation1.jpg[/img]

Thika suburbs have some world class estates and house including Migaa, Thika greens, kurahia and many more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 6:47am On Sep 08, 2018
Nairobi Metro -Kitengala - Kitengal lies about 30km south of Nairobi - bordered by Nairobi National Park- and has grown to be one of Nairobi's main bedrooms.
Kitengela CBD.

Kitengela estates

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2018
Nairobi Metro - Athi river - lies about 20Kms from Nairobi - this also one of Nairobi industrial and bedroom with many residential estates

Athi river estates - for middle class

Athi river has flats - for lower middle class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:11am On Sep 08, 2018
Kiambu, Limuru - formerly coffee and tea farms - Nairobi urban brawl has spread to more than half of Kiambu county - and sadly with it - our world famed coffee beans have drastically reduced.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:15am On Sep 08, 2018
Nairobi Metro - Ngong - lying to West of Nairobi - seperated from word class karen estate by Ngong forest - in the beautiful cold hills of Ngong - is one of Nairobi formest bedrooms - Ngong - kajiado county.

Some estate of Ngong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:19am On Sep 08, 2018
Nairobi Metro - Kiambu - Kiambu town - Nairobi urban brawl now extend far beyond the HQ of Kiambu county. Lying north of Nairobi with some of best climate - Kiambu has some world class residence

Coffee farms giving way to Nairobi Metro
Fourways Junction Kiambu

Meadow Kiambu

EdenVille Kiambu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:49am On Sep 08, 2018
Nairobi Metro - Syokimau - Adjacent to JKIA Airport - lies this middle & low middle class estate - within Machakos county

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 7:53am On Sep 08, 2018
Kur17:

Had you bought a house in Athi River(Machakos County) three years ago, the cost would have been about Sh3.9 million. Now, it will cost you a staggering Sh18.4 million.

The latter is the current cost for a four-bedroom bungalow sitting on a quarter-acre piece of land. It's a depiction of how things have changed for the town that is in Machakos County.

If the bungalow does not suit your taste, then you can opt for the super bungalow, which will set you back Sh22.6 million. Not long ago, Athi River was just but a rocky plain thatched with shrubs and thorny acacia trees. Occasionally, one would spot a zebra or two grazing.

Really,I pity those unable to leverage such real estate opportunities for their own benefit! My namesake paid 30 mn in 2005 for his home now worth,wait for it 185 m in L Kabete!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iamleefact: 7:58am On Sep 08, 2018
Slaveryisgood:
Dumb jokes from a dumb nation.

You are still receiving foreign aid like the poor nation you are , with those charcoal Ghananians cheesy. Even those stupid xenophobes can feed themselves better than you, you are nothing without foreigners , especially hardworking Nigerians, Indians and whites. Lazy ungreatful pigs. Naija 0% kenya 26% grin
Just Google; Biggest donors to the United Nations. Don't bother specifying "in Africa"

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwantslavesgone: 8:01am On Sep 08, 2018
Iamleefact:

Just Google; Biggest donors to the United Nations. Don't bother specifying "in Africa"

Hahaha e pain em grin. You stupids are the biggest recipients of aid grin. Lazy landless goons
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2018
rvp2018:
Nairobi Metro -Kitengala - Kitengal lies about 30km south of Nairobi - bordered by Nairobi National Park- and has grown to be one of Nairobi's main bedrooms.
Kitengela CBD.

Kitengela estates

I don't normally post pix but you prove our urbanisation and real estate growth ARE REAL!! Thanks.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwantslavesgone: 8:19am On Sep 08, 2018
kikuyu1:

I don't normally post pix but you prove our urbanisation and real estate growth ARE REAL!! Thanks.

Keel on living in stupidity you massais. We have started colonizing your useless white places
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:41am On Sep 08, 2018
We just need to fill the gaps in lower class housing by tapping chinese to build real cheap houses and upgrade the slums.The middle $ upper class in Nairobi are sorted
kikuyu1:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2018
Why are you angry this early.Were you deported to the hell hole that is your country.I know even after being deported youll attempt to sneak in several times.Kenya is your Europe.We welcome nigerians to come visit,invest, study, live and generally see how a country without any mineral can get it together by sheer hardwork and igneuity.Youre entitled to 1 month visa on arrival.You can even attempt to colonize us while at it
Iwantslavesgone:

Keel on living in stupidity you massais. We have started colonizing your useless white places

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.