Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6171256 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2018
They are afraid of being turned into a dumping ground if they sign it.

Quick question,why do we have the balls to open up our market to everyone in a world that economies are being so protective of their own internal capacities ?

Are we more hungry to trade than our counterparts ?
rvp20182:
Who said that..you are that desperate.Kenya companies are all over the continent.Our massive regional expansion started in 90s competing against South Africa juggernaut that was also expanding..yours is barely 10yrs.For many years we have been the main source of foreign investment to East Africa.Ask the TZ idiot here.You expansion to Kenya is nothing but farcical and insignificant.Kenya is free economy that welcome investment worldwide.Just be a little smart about it.We give Nigerians 10yr business Visa if they are investing and free 1 month Visa on arrival if they are visiting.We are suprised you can't sign Free Africa Trade.What sort of giant are you.Nigerians are streaming in to enjoy semblance of a functional systems.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:28am On Dec 30, 2018
More Upperhill - Kenya answer to Sandton.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:31am On Dec 30, 2018
More Upperhill - from Ngong/Kilimani

Upperhill - towards Nairobi west

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2018
Upperhill from Nairobi National Park

Upperhill from Community
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2018
rvp20182:
Compete with Niger or Tanzania not Kenya.In Kenya we have StarTimes and Zuku competing with DSTv.We also have space program including Space Station owned by Italians that has launched satellite.You have Iroko we have Buni competing with South Africa Showtime.Kenya competes with South Africa..not Nigeria or that lazy neighbor TZ.
Owned by Italians, lol.
Can't you guys ever do something on your own from scratch before 50% ownership and what have you.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2018
We bring in strategic investors & management - we are not afraid to tap into world class talents, resources, equities and name it. That is the only way to achieve world class standards. Generally our companies and state will offer 40% to strategic partners - and keep 60% - and sometimes we can even secede top management.
Daejoyoung:

Owned by Italians, lol.
Can't you guys ever do something on your own from scratch before 50% ownership and what have you.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2018
Nairobi housing for low middle class - mostly unplanned urban brawl in East of Nairobi - Nigeria with their 50 dollars rent are not able afford that - coz rent here is generally 100-300 dollars - so they rent 10 people one bedroom.

Some are planned - and cost 300-400 dollars a month
Imara Daima - Nairobi

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2018
rvp20182:
More Upperhill - Kenya answer to Sandton.

21st century city ..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:54am On Dec 30, 2018
rvp20182:
We bring in strategic investors & management - we are not afraid to tap into world class talents, resources, equities and name it. That is the only way to achieve world class standards. Generally our companies and state will offer 40% to strategic partners - and keep 60% - and sometimes we can even secede top management.
I'm not against that, but l mean you should also have people learning from these world class talents who start things on their own , everything Kenyans boast about here is either by an Indian or Government owned with 50% shares, is that what you call competitive?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:56am On Dec 30, 2018
Their politically linked companies are afraid of competition - internally they crash any competition by abusing federal gov - who decide who to issue critical licesnse like import license & forex - now if they allow their inefficient companies will get crashed.

You can see how South Africans steamed rolled them. Now imagine allowing duty free goods manufactured anywhere to be sold in Nigeria. They will get steam-rolled by South Africa, Egypt, Kenya and Morocco manufacturers.

Jonraid:

Quick question,why do we have the balls to open up our market to everyone in a world that economies are being so protective of their own internal capacities ?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 30, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Owned by Italians, lol.
whats wrong with naijas..China stole western ip an guess where they are right now..stop re-inventing the wheel guys ..Technology swap is the in-thing today...Africa dont have much to spend on research ...an please stop with ths childish oyimbo thingy grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 30, 2018
Daejoyoung:

I'm not against that, but l mean you should also have people learning from these world class talents who start things on their own , everything Kenyans boast about here is either by an Indian or Government owned with 50% shares, is that what you call competitive?
Question is it good or bad..does it benefit Kenyans ..if so we give no sh**t who brings it or not
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:02am On Dec 30, 2018
Jonraid:

Of course Nigeria would sign it, the implementation is what matters to Nigeria and how it would work, not just about putting ink to paper.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:03am On Dec 30, 2018
Not everything. Indians have an edge mostly in Manufacturing because in 1967 we kicked them out of retail business and out of civil service - so they went to manufacturing and made a fortune. Blacks dominate agro-processing because it's linked to farming. Black kenyan dominate services - banking, insurances, hotels, name it. Our agriculture is mostly smallholders - so that obviously black dominate. The real estate (construction industry) is also black dominated. Blacks obviously dominate transport services etc.

Generally Indians (Kenyan-Asian) will not bring in foreign investors preferring to keep things in family. They see their business as long term investment to be inherited by great grand kids and are generally not in hurry to expand. The new generation of Kenya-Asians will of course change - they are very educated- but normally 80-90yr old family partiach run those companies...

Black business and gov owned will not hesistate to bring foreing investors - first as a way to cash out their investment - and as a way to fight competition from South Africa and Egyptian - and British & other MNC.

You see our economy is free liberazed market economy - and you cannot survive if you are not competitive and that mean world class.

Daejoyoung:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 30, 2018
rvp20182:
Their politically linked companies are afraid of competition - internally they crash any competition by abusing federal gov - who decide who to issue critical licesnse like import license & forex - now if they allow their inefficient companies will get crashed.

You can see how South Africans steamed rolled them. Now imagine allowing duty free goods manufactured anywhere to be sold in Nigeria. They will get steam-rolled by South Africa, Egypt, Kenya and Morocco manufacturers.

sums up everything about Nigeria but worse naijas posting here cant open their eyes an see the truth..Nigeria is not competitive but just politically correct leaning monopolies
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 30, 2018
this guys keep naija afloat grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 30, 2018
@ednited..my xmas wasn't that so good so am opting for the ETHI one..am i welcome or what ? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:08am On Dec 30, 2018
t1ann:

Usiniquote tena enda cheza na mamayako huko mbwa ww
Pwa Pwa Pwa Pwa..
Sindano imekuingia.kojoa kalale
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:08am On Dec 30, 2018
rvp20182:
Not everything. Indians have an edge mostly in Manufacturing because in 1967 we kicked them out of retail business and out of civil service - so they went to manufacturing and made a fortune. Blacks dominate agro-processing because it's linked to farming. Black kenyan dominate services - banking, insurances, hotels, name it. Our agriculture is mostly smallholders - so that obviously black dominate. The real estate (construction industry) is also black dominated. Blacks obviously dominate transport services etc.

Generally Indians (Kenyan-Asian) will not bring in foreign investors preferring to keep things in family. Their see their business as long term investment to be inherited by great grand kids and are generally not in hurry to expand.

Black business and gov owned will not hesistate to bring foreing investors - first as a way to cash out their investment - and as a way to fight competition from South Africa and Egyptian - and British & other MNC.

You see our economy is free liberazed market economy - and you cannot survive if you are not competitive and that mean world class.

Good then boast only with those black owned Kenyan investments from now on, the ones by your people.
Not Italian this, Indian this, and so on.
I'm not against foreign investment because they benefit the people but most sectors should have competition from indigenous Kenyans too, it would show that Kenya is growing.
How long would we depend on foreigners alone to do things for us?
For instance, you are the one who told us about a rich Indian Nigerian in the Nigerian roofing business but the truth is most of us do not even know him, we are proud of him now that you have brought it up, but we are also proud that we can bring top black businesses owned by full Nigerians( not lndian or Lebanese Nigerians) who are also doing well in that sector.
We have rich Lebanese guys who are a part of building Eko Atlantic but there are so many private Nigerian bodies( banks, individuals, etc) in that project as well.
l know Indians, they are very intelligent people but we cannot allow them totally dominate in our country.
Check out South Africa's Dstv, Nigerians have been yearning for a Nigerian Tstv station as well.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:14am On Dec 30, 2018
I am not racist like you and I cannot start now. I see them as Kenyan investment. I see Kenyan-Asians as kenyans. I know they are many horrible indians or whites - who are racist like you - but at end of the day - they provide services, employment and pay taxes. And they are kenyan.

You cannot hope to have foreign investment if you attitude is that. Look at China - they welcome foreign investors - learnt from them - and beat them at their game.

Yes it would be nice to have more blacks african dominate - but that will take time - we have to keep investing in education - build infrastructure - provide them with credit access - and learn from whites, asians & whoever else is succesfully - and that I think is the attitude of most right-thinking Kenya.

Nigeria you'll remain a zoo because your thinking is messed up.

Daejoyoung:

Good then boast only with those black owned Kenyan investments from now on, the ones by your people.
I'm not against foreign investment because they benefit the people but most sectors should have competition from indigenous Kenyans too, it would show that Kenya is growing.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:15am On Dec 30, 2018
rvp20182:
Compete with Niger or Tanzania not Kenya.In Kenya we have StarTimes and Zuku competing with DSTv.We also have space program including Space Station owned by Italians that has launched satellite.You have Iroko we have Buni competing with South Africa Showtime.Kenya competes with South Africa..not Nigeria or that lazy neighbor TZ.
Ho ho ho ho...
Just compete with our Azam.There is no cable TV which is modern as Azam in East Africa.Stop lying.You can't compete with south africa while you are beaten by Tanzania.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 30, 2018
Daejoyoung:

How Chinese, Lebanese, Indians dominate Nigeria economy

Despite the security challenge the country is facing, Nigerian security agents, especially those working at the maritime and the aviation sectors, where cargo are processed, may have not really come to terms that sensitive areas of the ports, “entering and exit”, should be the exclusive preserve of Nigerian citizens, like it is done in other countries.

The shipping industry and business of cargo clearing today in Nigeria is said to be dominated by the Lebanese, Indians, Chinese and South Africans, to the extent that they enter, at will, places like Customs Processing Centre (CPC) that Nigerians cannot access even in Cotonou.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-chinese-lebanese-indians-dominate-our-economy/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 11:15am On Dec 30, 2018
mtisTheQubit:
@ednited..my xmas wasn't that so good so am opting for the ETHI one..am i welcome or what ? grin

You are very welcome hehe

Though what happened? And when is the new year?? Is it tommorow? ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:17am On Dec 30, 2018
When you finally have your first company to invest outside Tanzania - have subsidiaries even in Burundi - come and talk. You are just WAY below Kenya and most kenyan will find any comparison with Tanzania very insulting. I try to restrain myself and not abuse you like other kenyans. But it's very insulting to have a Tanzania compare itself with Kenyan - in nearly ANYTHING.

You insult our intelligence by bringing your small little nonsense here - when you should be out there competing with Malawi or Burundi. We own you.

Kazikazi:
Ho ho ho ho...
Just compete with our Azam.There is no cable TV which is modern as Azam in East Africa.Stop lying.You can't compete with south africa while you are beaten by Tanzania.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:19am On Dec 30, 2018
rvp20182:
I am not racist like you and I cannot start now. I see them as Kenyan investment. I see Kenyan-Asians as kenyans. I know they are many horrible indians or whites - who are racist like you - but at end of the day - they provide services, employment and pay taxes. And they are kenyan.

You cannot hope to have foreign investment if you attitude is that. Look at China - they welcome foreign investors - learnt from them - and beat them at their game.

Yes it would be nice to have more blacks african dominate - but that will take time - we have to keep investing in education - build infrastructure - provide them with credit access - and learn from whites, asians & whoever else is succesfully - and that I think is the attitude of most right-thinking Kenya.

Nigeria you'll remain a zoo because your thinking is messed up.

Lol I'm not racist, we have lndians, Chinese and Lebanese too doing big in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 30, 2018
ednited:

You are very welcome hehe

Though what happened? And when is the new year?? Is it tommorow? ?
was just bored grin.anyway our new year is on Tuesday...Bythe way how do synchronize your calendar with the western one..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2018
mtisTheQubit:

Despite the security challenge the country is facing, Nigerian security agents, especially those working at the maritime and the aviation sectors, where cargo are processed, may have not really come to terms that sensitive areas of the ports, “entering and exit”, should be the exclusive preserve of Nigerian citizens, like it is done in other countries.

The shipping industry and business of cargo clearing today in Nigeria is said to be dominated by the Lebanese, Indians, Chinese and South Africans, to the extent that they enter, at will, places like Customs Processing Centre (CPC) that Nigerians cannot access even in Cotonou.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-chinese-lebanese-indians-dominate-our-economy/
And if totally true, then it is a disgrace, we are not happy about it, Nigerians should be there too.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2018
Yes of course like EKo City - and you don't see us berating you - but you want us to split kenyan investment by RACE and then post only those black own - however difficult it is to split modern companies by such nonsense. Grow up.
Daejoyoung:

Lol I'm not racist, we have lndians, Chinese and Lebanese too doing big in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2018
Daejoyoung:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2018
Daejoyoung:

And if totally true, then it is a disgrace, we are not happy about it, Nigerians should be there too.
Then you guys need to stop ths racist thingy cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2018
rvp20182:
Yes of course like EKo City - and you don't see us berating you - but you want us to split kenyan investment by RACE and then post only those black own - however difficult it is to split modern companies by such nonsense. Grow up.
Eko City?? how?? Lebanese Nigerians are not the only ones involved in that project, so there is nothing to berate there. Mind you we accept the Lebanese as full Nigerians, but l am more interested in black power here. You still don't get my point.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by t1ann: 11:27am On Dec 30, 2018
Kazikazi:
Pwa Pwa Pwa Pwa..
Sindano imekuingia.kojoa kalale

Usiniquote kumanina ww

(1) (2) (3) ... (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.