Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6191220 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3043) (3044) (3045) (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 7:44am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
Population planning is integral part of having good economic policies. China without child policy would be 2B or more people. It would be poorer for sure. Having more kids for example mean less personal savings or investment as families have to spend to feed them - which translate macro-economically to less national savings or investments - leading to economic stagnation.

Anyway you're not worth having an intellectual debate with. You're just as useless as Magufuli.

John Magufuli says people who use contraceptives are lazy, and outsiders who promote birth control are giving bad advice

Ignore him rvp dont make him relevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 7:55am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
Ibrahim,
I see you lost it when you realized as of 2017 - Mombasa port was handling 1.2M - while Lagos port complex (Apapa & Tin Can) were doing 1M.

You overcooked GDP continues to unravel. If you're ever in doubt about 300B sized economy - look for either Egypt or South Africa.

Durban easily handle 2.5M - and has less than 3M capacity. And here you're claiming TinCan has that capacity - and it is ever congested.
oga, do u even understand things at all??

We dont direct all our traffics to one seaport like u do. We have like 4-5 ports handle diff capacities. We decentralized our ports (airport n seaport.)

Below is d total throughput of our ports from npa.

Lagos port handles more tonnages than mombasa still.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 7:58am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
Population planning is integral part of having good economic policies. China without child policy would be 2B or more people. It would be poorer for sure. Having more kids for example mean less personal savings or investment as families have to spend to feed them - which translate macro-economically to less national savings or investments - leading to economic stagnation.

Anyway you're not worth having an intellectual debate with. You're just as useless as Magufuli.

John Magufuli says people who use contraceptives are lazy, and outsiders who promote birth control are giving bad advice

That's what I called foolishness. You are seeing a coin in one side.

You mentioned some advantages of small population. But,why can't you check the advantages of having more children? Advantages of bigger population?

A bigger population equals to a bigger market.China is an example

A bigger market gives you a huge strength in manufacturing

A bigger population gives an edge in military power.Think about China

Knowing those, a country like Botswana is encouraging her citizen to have more children.But anyway, I can't lecture you. Its like a robotical mind. If a European tells you a thing,you take it verbatim.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 8:17am On Jan 11, 2019
tylann:

Ignore him rvp dont make him relevant
If you ignore me,that will be disastrous move from kiberans. I warn you!

Just try to ignore me!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:27am On Jan 11, 2019
theenchanter:

We dont direct all our traffics to one seaport like u do. We have like 4-5 ports handle diff capacities. We decentralized our ports (airport n seaport.)

Lagos port handles more tonnages than mombasa still.
Dude, what are you arguing about? Mombasa handles the second most cargo in Africa. You've been given the data.

....and about having more ports, does it matter? Bring the total amount of cargo your ports handle and let's compare them to Mombasa. What matters is the quantity handled.

.......and again, we are building a new port in Lamu that'll be bigger than Mombasa. Watch this space.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2019
I know. I do my research. You've smaller ports along the coast - with port harcourt mainly dealing with oil exports. The main container terminal port is Lagos port complex of Apapa & Tin Can. Now your total thoroughput is about twice kenya's 33m. That is why your GDP is about twice kenya - not 4 times.

Your real GDP is about the size of Algeria.

Again I want you to find how much South Africa ports handle or Egypt. Durban alone handle more than 2M TEUS - and whole of south africa ports - handle more than 5M TEUS annually.

Kenya -90B economy - 33M (1.3M TEUS) - Nigeria -maybe twice that from all it's ports - South Africa is 4 times (about 5M TEUS - or more than 150M tonnes).

As you can see whatever sector we consider - Nigeria is at best twice or 2.5 times bigger than Kenya - and South Africa is twice or three times bigger than Nigeria - 4 or 5 times bigger than Kenya.

If you don't like South Africa - Try EGYPT.

YOUR GDP IS SO OVERSTATED - There is no need for argument.

theenchanter:

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 8:29am On Jan 11, 2019
TayserMahri:

Gay cunt, now you have a new name for your favorite organ, firewood grin
That's your New name from now on? Tasha the tiny firewood grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2019
Healthy prosperous population is more important than big. The best countries to live in are mostly well ran countries like Botswana, Namibia, Scandavians, Swizterlands, Singapores, Taiwans and rarely the big countries.

Nigeria is big and so is TZ - but look at the misery your citizen live in. Continue breeding like Nigerian rats and you'll continue to export beggars & witches.

Kazikazi:
That's what I called foolishness. You are seeing a coin in one side.

You mentioned some advantages of small population. But,why can't you check the advantages of having more children? Advantages of bigger population?

A bigger population equals to a bigger market.China is an example

A bigger market gives you a huge strength in manufacturing

A bigger population gives an edge in military power.Think about China

Knowing those, a country like Botswana is encouraging her citizen to have more children.But anyway, I can't lecture you. Its like a robotical mind. If a European tells you a thing,you take it verbatim.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

Yes.

Most oil refineries are built with their own on site power plants, gas powered.

Wow! That's great. Thanks
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 8:42am On Jan 11, 2019
Kazikazi:
If you ignore me,that will be disastrous move from kiberans. I warn you!

Just try to ignore me!
Leave that useless Charlatan? That one is just cheerleader? He only knows how to suck Nairobitreker, rip2019, Tasha gindi firewood and gayllipig dicks? grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 8:45am On Jan 11, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Dude, what are you arguing about? Mombasa handles the second most cargo in Africa. You've been given the data.

....and about having more ports, does it matter? Bring the total amount of cargo your ports handle and let's compare them to Mombasa. What matters is the quantity handled.

.......and again, we are building a new port in Lamu that'll be bigger than Mombasa. Watch this space.
prove that mombasa handles more tonnages than lagos and stop d cheap talk, stop behaving like rvp.

So, cos u're building lamu port they'll be bigger than mombasa, other countries are not building theirs abi?

Lagos state is even building two deep sea ports talk more of federal government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 8:48am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
I know. I do my research. You've smaller ports along the coast - with port harcourt mainly dealing with oil exports. The main container terminal port is Lagos port complex of Apapa & Tin Can. Now your total thoroughput is about twice kenya's 33m. That is why your GDP is about twice kenya - not 4 times.

Again I want you to find how much South Africa ports handle or Egypt. Durban alone handle more than 2M TEUS - and whole of south africa ports - handle more than 5M TEUS annually.

Kenya -90B economy - 33M (1.3M TEUS) - Nigeria -maybe twice that from all it's ports - South Africa is 4 times (about 5M TEUS - or more than 150M tonnes).

As you can see whatever sector we consider - Nigeria is at best twice or 2.5 times bigger than Kenya - and South Africa is twice or three times bigger than Nigeria - 4 or 5 times bigger than Kenya.

u're an irredeemable dullard, so u think TEUs is directly proportional to GDP

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 8:55am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:

KENYA'S GDP IS COOKED. Imagine! Kenya's debt is half of its GDP.

I say it again. KENYA'S GDP IS COOKED grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:55am On Jan 11, 2019
Karatum:

Let me give u something to hold unto. I guess its an achievement to you.
Now Mr Charcoal Kenyan, get ur ugly self off the ground and run along. Go look for ur mates to play with. I have better things to do. U can look for ur fellow ugly Kenyans or maybe a Tanzanian who can condone ur trash.. I have no time for it here
Look at this shameless kid bringing shame to the country.
You deserve a BIG knock on your bony head.
Shameless kid!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 11, 2019
post=74652858:

Look at this shameless kid bringing shame to the country.
You deserve a BIG knock on your bony head.
Shameless kid!

Shameless suya man. Go and hawk ur rotten fish and meat in peace

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 11, 2019
What do you think GDP is - it summation of all sector data - including port/airport activities.
theenchanter:
u're an irredeemable dullard, so u think TEUs is directly proportional to GDP
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 11, 2019
What more proof do you need idiot- Lagos port complex last year did 1M - Mombasa last year did 1.2M TEUS.

theenchanter:
prove that mombasa handles more tonnages than lagos and stop d cheap talk, stop behaving like rvp.

So, cos u're building lamu port they'll be bigger than mombasa, other countries are not building theirs abi?

Lagos state is even building two deep sea ports talk more of federal government.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2019
gallivant:
Kenya Simbas

how do you add so many pictures
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 11, 2019
LAMU deep sea port - first 3 berths are 62% complete and will be ready by end of this year.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:21am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
Healthy prosperous population is more important than big. The best countries to live in are mostly well ran countries like Botswana, Namibia, Scandavians, Swizterlands, Singapores, Taiwans and rarely the big countries.

Nigeria is big and so is TZ - but look at the misery your citizen live in. Continue breeding like Nigerian rats and you'll continue to export beggars & witches.

Who told you a big population is a poor population?

China is the world's most populated nation,but is richer than your starving kibera republic

Nobody gets rich by having less children, you gets rich buy producing more

Tanzania with big population don't starve to death.Kenya with less people you have starved to death

Why is Malawi poor?

You talk about countries with less population like Switzerland, what about Japan? What about the city of Tokyo with 30 millions inhabitants? Does Tokyo look like Nairobi or kibera?

Don't look a coin in one side only.
Its all about how you govern your big population. I can't understand a guy who wants Tanzania with all the landmass it has to have a population equal to that of one Japanese city.Or may be you Kenyans want to come to Tz and take over?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:24am On Jan 11, 2019
forgiveness:

KENYA'S GDP IS COOKED. Imagine! Kenya's debt is half of its GDP.

I say it again. KENYA'S GDP IS COOKED grin
That is the bottom line

That is absolute truth.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 11, 2019
Arguing with an idiot is very tiring. The structure of the population is important. You can be 100K - but if every one has 10 kids - no way youll be rich. China has on average 1-2 kids. The same with US. In fact I doubt there is rich country on this planet where people have more than 2 kids on average. The rest is mainly about geography, boundary and climate.

Show me a rich developed country where people have more than 2 kids. Start from Africa. Southern African countries and Northern countries have 1-2 children and are richer - whether it's 60M South Africa or 2M Namibia. The structure of the population is important. Not how big or small.

Total fertility in 2018. You can see KENYA stick out right there - because of our HEAVY INVESTMENT in family planning - from having highest fertility in 70s and 80s - to that - VERY IMPRESSIVE. Now watch us become a developed nation as you breed like Nigeria rats

Kazikazi:
Who told you a big population is a poor population?

China is the world's most populated nation,but is richer than your starving kibera republic

Nobody gets rich by having less children, you gets rich buy producing more

Tanzania with big population don't starve to death.Kenya with less people you have starved to death

Why is Malawi poor?

You talk about countries with less population like Switzerland, what about Japan? What about the city of Tokyo with 30 millions inhabitants? Does Tokyo look like Nairobi or kibera?

Don't look a coin in one side only.
Its all about how you govern your big population. I can't understand a guy who wants Tanzania with all the landmass it has to have a population equal to that of one Japanese city.Or may be you Kenyans want to come to Tz and take over?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
Arguing with an idiot is very tiring. The structure of the population is important. You can be 100K - but if every one has 10 kids - no way youll be rich. China has on average 1-2 kids. The same with US. In fact I doubt there is rich country on this planet where people have more than 2 kids on average. The rest is mainly about geography, boundary and climate.

Show me a rich developed country where people have more than 2 kids. Start from Africa. Southern African countries and Northern countries have 1-2 children and are richer - whether it's 60M South Africa or 2M Namibia. The structure of the population is important. Not how big or small.

Total fertility in 2018.

I did warn you
He is a major league fool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Goel: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2019
darfay:

What country are you based in?

Which African countries are the most popular in india?
I'm from India although I keep traveling abroad as per my work issues.
Three coubtries, South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria are most commonly known about by even a street Indian if you ask.
South Africa (Cricket)
Kenya (Bilateral political ties)
Nigerians (Expatriates and students, for oil)

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Goel: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
Map is a bit wrong, Pakistan is must yellow and Bangladesh must be blue.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 11, 2019
He is a typical Tanzanian - as daft as a block of wood. They really need to be re-educated. You know he makes so provocatively shockingly stupid statements you just have to respond.
tylann:
I did warn you
He is a major league fool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2019
It appears only Afgan is red outside Africa . Africa need to really stop breeding. Whatever economic growth (3-4%) we have in sub-sahara africa is in vain if the whole map is Red.

It appears only Kenya has bucked the trend outside South Africa 3 (RSa, Bots,Nam) in Sub-Sahara Africa. Which is quite impressive considering Kenyans were breeding like no one else in most of 70s & 80s. On average kenya women had 8-9 kids. Our economy for most of 60s & 70s was growing at same rate with Asian tigers..but all that became nothing as we breaded like Nigerian rats. We learnt our lesson and began one of most impressive population control programme...that was not forced like China but more rigorous family planning education and investment in making sure contraceptives were available and free. We just have challenges in few remote areas - that were neglected - but generally contraceptive usage in kenya is pretty impressive.

Nigeria and TZ should really learn from Kenya.

India like Kenya - need to go down to blue - 1-2 kids from 2-3 kids.

See strong correlation btw fertility and HDI.

Goel:

Map is a bit wrong, Pakistan is must yellow and Bangladesh must be blue.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 10:02am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
What more proof do you need idiot- Lagos port complex last year did 1M - Mombasa last year did 1.2M TEUS.

And what of the other port in Lagos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:03am On Jan 11, 2019
Danielnino00:
Calling Abuja a white elephant project or saying that it cost 30b(whatever in God's name that means) are some of the most ridiculous things I've read on this thread.... Do these Kenyans and their Ghanaian friends seriously not know that a country like Nigeria with a huge tribal diversity can't have its capital situated in one region of the country?
Do they seriously want to pretend like they don't know that Abuja is regarded as one of the best planned city in the world? A city that's barely 40 years old and built out of nothing!
One idiot from Ghana even said Abuja was 24km ...What a joke... Their ancestors will be SMH for them...
the US with it huge ethnic diversity has its capital in one region ...... what are you even talking about

a drive around Abuja is 24KM
that's just FACTS
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 10:06am On Jan 11, 2019
rvp20183:
It appears only Afgan is red outside Africa . Africa need to really stop breeding. Whatever economic growth (3-4%) we have in sub-sahara africa is in vain if the whole map is Red.

It appears only Kenya has bucked the trend outside South Africa 3 (RSa, Bots,Nam) in Sub-Sahara Africa. Which is quite impressive considering Kenyans were breeding like no one else in most of 70s & 80s. On average kenya women had 8-9 kids. Our economy for most of 60s & 70s was growing at same rate with Asian tigers..but all that became nothing as we breaded like Nigerian rats. We learnt our lesson and began one of most impressive population control programme...that was not forced like China but more rigorous family planning education and investment in making sure contraceptives were available and free. We just have challenges in few remote areas - that were neglected - but generally contraceptive usage in kenya is pretty impressive.

Nigeria and TZ should really learn from Kenya.

India like Kenya - need to go down to blue - 1-2 kids from 2-3 kids.

See strong correlation btw fertility and HDI.

Learn what from your tiny insignificant country.

Kenya is little to Nigeria, digest that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 11, 2019
On second thought, looking at Nigeria, honestly you're a lost cause.
samsobo24:
Learn what from your tiny insignificant country.

Kenya is little to Nigeria, digest that.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 11, 2019
They do max 0.2M each - you bring the figures. Remove the oil export in port harcourt - and your tiny little economy don't impress anyone.
samsobo24:
And what of the other port in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (3043) (3044) (3045) (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.