Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,815 members, 7,841,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6253926 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
samsobo24:
Ikeja,Lagos

One of Lagos's CBD and one of the most beautiful cities on Lagos mainland

Do you see a CBD there? Is this why you think Nairobi is Europe? Some of you guys are beyond silly.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
tylann:
Stop you lies While Nigeria can't even manage 10 hours of stable electricity
goooooooooogle
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
gallivant:

Do you see a CBD there? Is this why you think Nairobi is Europe? Some of you guys are beyond silly.
What do you mean, you little Indian attention seeker

Digress and let me know what you are saying before I reply you.
Don't tell me you know more about Lagos city than me
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
gallivant:

1. Nairobi is a colony
2. that s an old cbd
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
this map shows Kenya electricity is a scam

Study the 2 maps very well before you engage me

rvp20182:
How can be it a scam when Nigerians are moving here for that simple reason.Do you Nigerian even have fridges.In Kenya the last power rationing happen in 1999...this was because we were relying on hydros && we had big drought.Our hydros dried up.Our response was superb..we brought in the big diesel generation companies to stabilize power and the started divesting from hydro..the last hydro was built nearly 20yrs.Now we don't need the diesel generation companies..we have more power than we can consume..way too much power.You need to understand Nigeria 200m people translate maybe to 40m household...each household cannot consume more than 1Kw..so really unless you have South Africa like minning industry...you can supply Nigeria with 24hrs of electricity with about 6000mws.You have more than that installed capacity..but nobody is turning the turbines coz of corruption and criminality.Make each state handle their power and you can solve this.I would hate to have blackouts every day and don't wish it anybody.It very shamefully not have nearly 24hrs of power.Generators should only be for mission critical operations like hospital.Fix the billing..send you cowardly army to disconnect all illegal connections..then get everyone on prepaid meters.Bring in big diesel generation companies..the aggrekos and start from there

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2019
Kenya s first, Lagos has many cities which one do you want to compare to Nairobi lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
samsobo24:

Study the map very well before you engage me
How can be it a scam when Nigerians are moving here for that simple reason.Do you Nigerian even have fridges.In Kenya the last power rationing happen in 1999...this was because we were relying on hydros && we had big drought.Our hydros dried up.Our response was superb..we brought in the big diesel generation companies to stabilize power and the started divesting from hydro..the last hydro was built nearly 20yrs.Now we don't need the diesel generation companies..we have more power than we can consume..way too much power.You need to understand Nigeria 200m people translate maybe to 40m household...each household cannot consume more than 1Kw..so really unless you have South Africa like minning industry...you can supply Nigeria with 24hrs of electricity with about 6000mws.You have more than that installed capacity..but nobody is turning the turbines coz of corruption and criminality.Make each state handle their power and you can solve this.I would hate to have blackouts every day and don't wish it anybody.It very shamefully not have nearly 24hrs of power.Generators should only be for mission critical operations like hospital.Fix the billing..send you cowardly army to disconnect all illegal connections..then get everyone on prepaid meters.Bring in big diesel generation companies..the aggrekos and start from there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2019

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by TMKsouth: 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
rvp20182:
.Our economy in last 15yrs has grown nearly 7 times to 90B from 13B.We are closing this year at nearly 100B.Everything suggest the next 15 years we shall see similar if not high growth as demographic dividend start kicking.Your cooked GDP don't count..a dip in oil will expose your naked belly..so honestly South Africa need to be on look out...By 2030 they won't know what hit them.

Nice stats for Kenya and congrats. But don't make the mistake of thinking SA economy will remain static til 2030 or even 2025. We are in recovery mode and cleaning house. Remember SA has the potential to grow at 5℅ and above as clearly demonstrated in the 2000s. The last 10 years are considered as the lost decade as mismanagement took hold under the Zuma regime and GDP shrank from estimated highs of $400 bln.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
rvp20182:
How can be it a scam when Nigerians are moving here for that simple reason.Do you Nigerian even have fridges.In Kenya the last power rationing happen in 1999...this was because we were relying on hydros && we had big drought.Our hydros dried up.Our response was superb..we brought in the big diesel generation companies to stabilize power and the started divesting from hydro..the last hydro was built nearly 20yrs.Now we don't need the diesel generation companies..we have more power than we can consume..way too much power.You need to understand Nigeria 200m people translate maybe to 40m household...each household cannot consume more than 1Kw..so really unless you have South Africa like minning industry...you can supply Nigeria with 24hrs of electricity with about 6000mws.You have more than that installed capacity..but nobody is turning the turbines coz of corruption and criminality.Make each state handle their power and you can solve this.I would hate to have blackouts every day and don't wish it anybody.It very shamefully not have nearly 24hrs of power.Generators should only be for mission critical operations like hospital.

The cartels who control generator industry in nigeria wont allow Nigeria to have stable electricity

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
Kur17:

No wonder Nigerians and Tanzanian stupidities are rhyming...
the world knows and can testify that Nigerians are smarter than kenyans google Philip emeagwali lol

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
tylann:

The cartels who control generator industry in nigeria wont allow Nigeria to have stable electricity
I just told you that north eastern Nigeria has 100 percent electricity. their is still room for improvement in the other zones okay
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
edon21:

goooooooooogle

I Google what it is common knowledge that generator Is the main source of electricity in nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
edon21:

I just told you that north eastern Nigeria has 100 percent electricity. their is still room for improvement in the other zones okay

While you get 4hours of electricity
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
kumasi Ghana ,

bellow is kumasi at night

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
TMKsouth:

Nice stats for Kenya and congrats. But don't make the mistake of thinking SA economy will remain static til 2030 or even 2025. We are in recovery mode and cleaning house. Remember SA has the potential to grow at 5℅ and above as clearly demonstrated in the 2000s. The last 10 years are considered as the lost decade as mismanagement took hold under the Zuma regime and GDP shrank from estimated highs of $400 bln.
Unless you really invest in quality education I don't see you wriggling out of the middle class trap.I mean poor Kenya can afford to arm kids in all public primary schools..some studying under trees with tablets and laptops..we are trying 100% primary to secondary transition..you cannot compete in next century without highly educated workforce.South Africa has to prioritize education.Not just kids skimply dressed going through the system but doing the hours and putting the hardwork.That what Asians kids are doing.. putting 15hrs study time.In Kenya we had regressed but we are back with kids insanely studying.In some schools a class 1 kid is at school before six.High school kids barely sleep and they still fail.That only way out.The Finnish and Europe model work only if you master teachers teaching kindergarten kids.Kids need to put in the hours elsewhere.My kids go to international School with highly trained teachers handling 10 kids...they don't have to put the hours..but for public school kid to know 1/4 of what privelleged kids learns..they have put the hours and utilize all the little resources to max

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
tylann:

While you get 4hours of electricity

rvp20182:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
Another city in Ghana. Takoradi, GHANA equivalent of porthsrcourt. it is an oil city, must of the business around here is about oil.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2019
samsobo24:

In my previous life I was into imagery analysis... kindly you cannot study such maps with your naked eye.You need to overlay the map with country map..good..then overlay with settlement.Understand one dot of light could mean something else everywhere. I am not sure what that map really is.I know US landscan where that map is designed to show the population density based on night light ..lots of interpolation.Dude this is beyond your paygrade..If am not wrong you're probably looking at US DOD landscan. The US high resolution satellite pick any light even those made from lamps or gen sets or firewood.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
vaxx:
Another city in Ghana. Takoradi, GHANA equivalent of porthsrcourt. it is an oil city, must of the business around here is about oil.
nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
rvp20182:
In my previous life I was into imagery analysis... kindly you cannot study such maps with your naked eye.You need to overlay the map with country map..good..then overlay with settlement.Understand one dot of light could mean something else everywhere. I am not sure what that map really is.I know US landscan where that map is designed to show the population density based on night light ..lots of interpolation.Dude this is beyond your paygrade..If am not wrong you're probably looking at US DOD landscan.

Nairobiwalker did this in detail if he want to study this maps
He should go back few pages back
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
samsobo24:

Go back few pages we did that
Stop pulling us behind
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
vaxx:

Good your country is progressive

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
vaxx:
kumasi Ghana ,

bellow is kumasi at night

Is Kumasi the second largest city in Ghana

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
tylann:

Is Kumasi the second largest city in Ghana
by population , yes
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
tylann:

Good your country is progressive
more works are still needed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
vaxx:
by population , yes

What about takoradi .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
vaxx:
more works are still needed

Of course every African country need more works .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
rvp20182:
In my previous life I was into imagery analysis... kindly you cannot study such maps with your naked eye.You need to overlay the map with country map..good..then overlay with settlement.Understand one dot of light could mean something else everywhere. I am not sure what that map really is.I know US landscan where that map is designed to show the population density based on night light ..lots of interpolation.Dude this is beyond your paygrade..If am not wrong you're probably looking at US DOD landscan. The US high resolution satellite pick any light even those made from lamps or gen sets or firewood.
Poor illiterate giving unnecessary excuse, you could see that outside Africa had more lights.

Whether its gen or firewood or match stick light,why is Kenya as dark as coal.

Another evidence has been given and you are crying.

See Tanzania

See how lit Ethiopia is

Kenyans like you can boast for Africa

Cc kazikazi dadark
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
tylann:
Go back few pages we did that Stop pulling us behind
keep quiet you little Indian
There is no rocket science here to see
Why do you think outside the map,those countries had more lights
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2019
tylann:
Go back few pages we did that Stop pulling us behind
keep quiet you little Indian
There is no rocket science here to see
Why do you think outside the map,those countries had more lights
cc kazikazi
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
This is what it means to take charge of ones teritory

Lagos new billion edifice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.