Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,378 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6245232 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:34am On Feb 01, 2019
vaxx:
. Good.

97% of the money in the economy today is created by banks, whilst just 3% is created by the government. banks create money whenever they make loan. so if bank is effective and effecient. Your money will be effective too. and government regulation can play a vital role in that.

You are not considering standard of living. let me break it down to you. A day manual labour in Ghana(for example , A brick layer) will take home 70 to 75 ghana cedis a day which is about 5000 thousand naira while in Nigeria a day job for brick layer will take nothing more than 2500 or 3000 naira which is not up to 45 cedis. so there is different of 30 to 35 cedis which is around 2500 to 3000 naira.

You need to factor in standard of living, rather look at per capital income. what does Ghanaian earning averagely on a monthly basis.
70 75 cedis exchange for 8000 to 9000 naira
2500 naira was exchaged for less than 20 cedis this X'Mas.

the ordinary Ghanaian makes more money easily
the ordinary Nigerian will have to do 2 to 3 times the amount of work to make an equal amount of money.

The ordinary Ghanaian with a high standard of living will spend his money faster because of a high cost of living
Light bill, water bill, transport, rent, food compare to the ordinary Nigerian with a lower standard of living and a lower cost of living.
No water bill, no light bill, lower cost of fuel/lower transport fares
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ranch2000: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2019
JaceBlaze:
She had to deviate from your one dimensional afro beats to a more SA-sounding music to be accepted in South Africa. wink

Who the hell is niniola? Don't even care to know. I don't listen to that crap afrobeat. I could throttle some of our DJs for playing that nonsense. Next time u in the club u should notice how Nigerians constantly approach the Dj booth. Making requests and paying Coke money to the dj for their songs to be played and popularised. angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
You this idiotic wretched mad man from Kibera slum, why do you keep displaying your foolishness here?
Go and look for what to eat before you starve to death.
Miserable creature! This is not Kibera slum but Nairaland.
If you weren't a bastard you wouldn't go to your neighbour's house to insult him after his benovelence.
Nigerians with their ingenuity made it possible for you fools.....to advertise your wretched country and you bastards from an irrelevant slummy country are reciprocating with insults.
Backward folks who don't see beyond the confines of that kibera slum.
You had better disappear from here since you bastards can't conduct yourselves in a civilized manner.
Humams dey talk ugly monkeys wey una be dey follow put una smelly mouths.
Thunder fire all of una dier.

2face traitor one minute you are criticizing the nigerian government and nigeria president next minute you are praising the government and nigeria, just look at your profile. Another abnormal nairalander

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:49am On Feb 01, 2019
JaceBlaze:
On the first bolded:you're right about one thing,copycats deserve no recognition at all because the original product will always be better than the imitation but my gripe with your statement is your one sided criticism of the fake American accent cause I have heard more of the fake accent from Nigerian TV presenters and many of your artists.Clean your backyard before you bother with others'

second bolded:Your music gets more views thanks to your population,and always remember it was SA music channels that exposed your entertainment to the rest of Africa.Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Third bolded:If you really wanted DStv gone you all would have stopped paying for it but for some reason the subscription keeps increasing,clearly someone is lying.
lol which sa channels are this that promote Nigerian music if I may ask we don't have them here even if we do nobody watches them we have hits TV , sound city , MTV base , planet TV ,afro music then music channels on other cable TV like k1 music channel tstv music etc
south African channels only show Nigerian music just like other African channels because its on demand not because they are helping us promote our music lol

Mr eazi once shared a chart showing where his music was streamed the most no surprises Nigeria came third behind the us and the UK south Africa came 4th even going through the comments on you tube videos u will understand that afro beats has spread even to Suriname, Barbados , Jamaica ,Pakistan, India even in war tirn countries Somali and aghfanistan as soon as we manage to get rights for European football dstvbis as good as useless to us

lastly what are you trying to say Nigerians most of us sing in pidgin trap ,rap has failed in Nigeria how are we trying to mimic Americans help me understand
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:52am On Feb 01, 2019
theenchanter:
They have no biz running a TV station (my opinion). But I think u have a point.policies like re-denomination and devaluation of currencies.

But let's be factual here, if 1cedis is like 75naira, can a Ghanaian buy what nigerians buy at 75naora in d 9ja at 1cedis in Ghana?

Of course, we both know d answer. Devaluation n revaluation of currencies are meant for different purposes, but when value is needed, the Naira will take it.

Just goan learn about purchasing power parity (PPP)
1 dollar is 400 plus naira
400 dollars will buy more things in nigeria than it will buy in the USA.

does the naira have more purchasing power than the USD ?

dont compare Apples and Oranges

your standard of living is low likewise your cost of living
No nigerian can afford to buy a loaf of bread for 400 plus naira, because his salary is a peasant change.

in the UK, we buy a loaf of bread cost 1.10 pounds which is like 600 naira
in the US, the same loaf of bread cost 2.50 dollars which is like 1100 naira
in Ghana , that same loaf of bread cost 5 cedis which is around 500 to 550 or even 600 naira
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2019
edon21:

there you go again. you are talking about external influence. can't you develop your own industry?
I've never seen any South African movie before. why?
because they are not popular
meanwhile, a certain time in history scenes of marvel films were acted in Nigeria

If you want to see a south african movie just watch district 9 that is one of the best movies in the world
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:55am On Feb 01, 2019
theenchanter:
yeah, Very true.

They just love to throw figures all around but it's not what it seems to be.

Ask them to tell u price of products n services in kenya then compare it with d rest of africa.

Kenya and Ghana currencies are just big on paper n not in reality.
is the Dollar, pound or rand just bigh on paper ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by TMKsouth: 9:57am On Feb 01, 2019
tylann:

What is nollywood only Nigerians watch nollywood
You are always acting about witchcraft
South African movies are the best in Africa
Nollywood is poor quality witchcraft alot of unnecessary shouting

Most Oscar wins and nominations cool. Nigeria, ZERO. tongue

dadark

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:59am On Feb 01, 2019
theenchanter:
They have no biz running a TV station (my opinion). But I think u have a point.policies like re-denomination and devaluation of currencies.

But let's be factual here, if 1cedis is like 75naira, can a Ghanaian buy what nigerians buy at 75naora in d 9ja at 1cedis in Ghana?

Of course, we both know d answer. Devaluation n revaluation of currencies are meant for different purposes, but when value is needed, the Naira will take it.

Just goan learn about purchasing power parity (PPP)
you dont expect a Ghanaian to sell a product at the cost in Nigeria
when the Ghanaian is paying three times the wage the ordinary nigerian is paid
or while he is paying consumption tax and capital gains tax
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:03am On Feb 01, 2019
Danielnino00:
I hope the Kenyans aren't trying to compare their entertainment industry with ours?

The only country whose entertainment can rival Nigeria's in terms of popularity, influence and finance is South Africa's.

Kenya is nowhere close....

Even Ghana is better than them in that aspect....Its the raw truth !
Ghana Music has consistently influence every music in West Africa
strict up from the 1600s to today
it just doesnt carry the same popularity and finance
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:04am On Feb 01, 2019
TMKsouth:

Most Oscar wins and nominations cool. Nigeria, ZERO. tongue

dadark

That is what iam talking about
Quality not quantity
The dark guy is confused
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2019
I thought they'd be making crazy cash from their entertainment industry,I was actually wrong! grin

We produce fewer movies which most get global appreciation.South Africa's E and M industry is unmatched,Nigeria isn't that big as they put it.Kenyans stuff might not be that popular to many,but we make the third highest revenues in Sub Saharan Africa!
Just30:
Ghana Music has consistently influence every music in West Africa
strict up from the 1600s to today
it just doesnt carry the same popularity and finance

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2019
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:03am On Feb 01, 2019
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 11:05am On Feb 01, 2019
A hard tackle! grin
NairobiWalker:
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 11:09am On Feb 01, 2019
tylann:

only Nigerians watch nollywood

Nollywood is poor quality witchcraft alot of unnecessary shouting
How did you know, I thought only Nigerians watch nollywood or where you told by a Nigerian?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2019
PROVERBZ:
lol which sa channels are this that promote Nigerian music if I may ask we don't have them here even if we do nobody watches them we have hits TV , sound city , MTV base , planet TV ,afro music then music channels on other cable TV like k1 music channel tstv music etc
south African channels only show Nigerian music just like other African channels because its on demand not because they are helping us promote our music lol

Mr eazi once shared a chart showing where his music was streamed the most no surprises Nigeria came third behind the us and the UK south Africa came 4th even going through the comments on you tube videos u will understand that afro beats has spread even to Suriname, Barbados , Jamaica ,Pakistan, India even in war tirn countries Somali and aghfanistan as soon as we manage to get rights for European football dstvbis as good as useless to us

lastly what are you trying to say Nigerians most of us sing in pidgin trap ,rap has failed in Nigeria how are we trying to mimic Americans help me understand
Hip ontv 1music etc

Its true that Nigeria wasn't producing much quality films,but not now

Nigerian series film are of great quality

The poor quality films fade away every day.

Nigeria is now doing more collaborations and investment to produce Action films

Nigeria's entertainment industry can only get better rapidly

Its very big and competitive.

The Chinese and other countries do translate into different indigenous languages for more viewership in Nigeria

Nollywood grows 5* rapidly than before
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:18am On Feb 01, 2019
SA Kenya Ghana's tackle and arguments can't make Nigeria insignificant
Nigeria will surely be a force like the Asian tigers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 11:19am On Feb 01, 2019
A governor once travelled in these SUVs to commission "this" project grin

#thegovernorisworking grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 11:23am On Feb 01, 2019
ranch2000:

Who the hell is niniola? Don't even care to know. I don't listen to that crap afrobeat. I could throttle some of our DJs for playing that nonsense. Next time u in the club u should notice how Nigerians constantly approach the Dj booth. Making requests and paying Coke money to the dj for their songs to be played and popularised. angry
LOL I get so pissed whenever in the club and a dj suddenly starts to rape our eardrums with that noisy crap.I remember Dj Mahoota playing at News Cafe in Bloemfontein,all of a sudden in the middle of his session he starts to play afrobeat and me and my bros quickly left for Cubana that was across the street,DJs should really stop forcing it down our throats.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:27am On Feb 01, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

How did you know, I thought only Nigerians watch nollywood or where you told by a Nigerian?

I was told by a Nigerian grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 11:28am On Feb 01, 2019
Just30:
1 dollar is 400 plus naira
400 dollars will buy more things in nigeria than it will buy in the USA.

does the naira have more purchasing power than the USD ?

dont compare Apples and Oranges

your standard of living is low likewise your cost of living
No nigerian can afford to buy a loaf of bread for 400 plus naira, because his salary is a peasant change.

in the UK, we buy a loaf of bread cost 1.10 pounds which is like 600 naira
in the US, the same loaf of bread cost 2.50 dollars which is like 1100 naira
in Ghana , that same loaf of bread cost 5 cedis which is around 500 to 550 or even 600 naira

One US dollar is equal to 363 naira and not 400 dollar.. And a loaf of bread in Nigeria is sold for as low as 50 naira!

Don't come and expose your ignorance here...

Your cedi is only strong on paper my friend... It used to be worthless like a tissue paper with 1 dollar equalling 10,000 cedi until your government devalued it.

The naira hasn't weakened to that extent,sorry...
You should worry more about your devalued cedi that's now slipping down like its predecessor ..

Ghana cedi became the highest-denominated currency unit issued in Africa . It has since lost about 80% of its value.

Your cedi is more worthless than.the naira...

The third Cedi has been losing value continuously since it was introduced. In 2014, the inflation roserapidly as thevalue of the thirdcedi fell to a fourth of its original value. [6]The fall was ended in the last quarter of 2014 as the currency stabilized due to a pending IMF bailout of Ghana.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:28am On Feb 01, 2019
Ibrahimanis:
A governor once travelled in these SUVs to commission "this" project grin

#thegovernorisworking grin

Where did you get this
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:33am On Feb 01, 2019
samsobo24:
SA Kenya Ghana's tackle and arguments can't make Nigeria insignificant

Nigeria will surely be a force like the Asian tigers

You are dreaming right
With your mediocre economic growth
The only countries trying to replicate
The Asian tigers are east african countries
With Ethiopia leading the way
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 11:34am On Feb 01, 2019
Probably from the Kenya Twitter Battalion!
tylann:

Where did you get this
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2019
tylann:

Where did you get this
Ain't saying nothing grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 11:36am On Feb 01, 2019
Jonraid:
Probably from the Kenya Twitter Battalion!
Kenya twitter battalion, thanks, I will check it out grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2019
The big difference between Nigeria and other Africans is,they tend not to criticize their government like the way we do

Nigeria needs a Great leader that can take us ten steps further than where we are now

We can grow 10* faster than our other countries because Nigeria's potential abilities are enormous. It wouldn't take us much time to cover our huge infrastructural gap as a country

#I love Nigeria
#2019 presidential Election

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 11:43am On Feb 01, 2019
Get out of your bubble,we also think that we shouldn't supposed to be where we are right now.Don't make it a Nigerian phenomenon!
samsobo24:
The big difference between Nigeria and other Africans is,they tend not to criticize their government like the way we do

Nigeria needs a Great leader that can take us ten steps further than where we are now

We can grow 10* faster than our other countries because Nigeria's potential abilities are enormous. It wouldn't take us much time to cover our huge infrastructural gap as a country

#I love Nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:47am On Feb 01, 2019
samsobo24:

#I love Nigeria

Other Africans criticize they governments .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 11:47am On Feb 01, 2019
Just30:
70 75 cedis exchange for 8000 to 9000 naira
2500 naira was exchaged for less than 20 cedis this X'Mas.

the ordinary Ghanaian makes more money easily
the ordinary Nigerian will have to do 2 to 3 times the amount of work to make an equal amount of money.

The ordinary Ghanaian with a high standard of living will spend his money faster because of a high cost of living
Light bill, water bill, transport, rent, food compare to the ordinary Nigerian with a lower standard of living and a lower cost of living.
No water bill, no light bill, lower cost of fuel/lower transport fares
i think we should not let Nigeria be the bench mark for measuring Ghana , after all, Nigeria is just a third world country like Ghana. i am a citizens of both countriy. Nigeria and as a Ghanaian, i see the same problems that is present in Ghana. hungry people,children selling on the streets instead of being in school, teen age sex workers, joblessness, huge unemployment of the youths, crimes and corrupt leaders, brain drain, every young man or woman wanting to leave the home land for some land beyond Africa. if these are the same problem the two nations are faced with, let some one tell me what then makes Ghana better than Nigeria.

Though Ghana is slightly doing better, Nigeria shouldn't be standard of measurement. if there is anything in Nigeria that i value. it is amount of physical cash exchanging hands everyday either in the local buisness or cooperate office. only few country in africa can boost of that Even MTN make more in Nigeria than south africa.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:49am On Feb 01, 2019
tylann:

You are dreaming right
With your mediocre economic growth
The only countries trying to replicate
The Asian tigers are east african countries
With Ethiopia leading the way
That's why you will only rant ruthlessly till you end up unfortunate if you are not careful.

Your hatred amounts to zero

I decided to take it low with you,thinking you would have gathered more senses but reverse is the case.
Sleep in your dream of delusions, Kenya is the next China right
Kenya is as developed as The middle East
Kenya is a First world country
Kenya's poverty rate is the lowest,lower than that of the UAE
Kenya's Educational system dwarfs,Canada,Brazil,Norway etc
Kenya's tourism is ten times bigger than that of Dubai

Nigeria is the only problematic country right, Kenya is a land of milk.
Your idiosyncracy of yours makes Kenya the greatest nation on earth.

Now tell an Economist
Which country has the potential to anchor Africa's success
...is it kenya or Nigeria

Your answer to you is Kenya

What else do you want

(1) (2) (3) ... (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.