Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,571 members, 7,861,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:45 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6284996 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
We are shocked you couldn't hold census, elections and honestly - you need to work on basic - water & electricity & sewage. Kenya we are just mark timming waiting for South Africans ultimate face off in 10yrs.
samorobo:
Awwwwww is that defeat I sense there cause it seems to me like you are backing off

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2019
rvp2018:
But why. I think Kenya is HQ of goat meat consummation - esp for Nyama Choma - barbecued meat. Beef is eaten more as stew & at home - but goat is consumed in pubs with beer.

I am not sure how many goats are slaughtered daily - but they could be thousands in Nairobi alone.

Well, all I know is that a goat is a sacred animal. There's even a belief that if you haven't done imbeleko (birth ritual) or other rituals, you shouldn't eat goat meat. See traditionally, in our culture, there's a ritual for every stage of human life, from birth to death. A goat is slaughtered in every stage. But most people no longer do many of the rituals anymore. Allegedly if you eat goat meat & you haven't paid your dues to the ancestors, you risk running mad or having bad luck. It's just one of those things that cannot be explained logically lol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Your husband material is not long enough to even make a thong! tongue
Cooking skills are a panty dropper, you should learn some grin
But yeah, you're not alone. Some guys still think cooking is for sissies, not knowing that this is how we give it to guys that can cook wink
dang it now i understand the bolded..learning cooking is my first priority from today hence forth grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

LMAO. Im a witness to this

You see? tongue

I know you can cook, buddy & I'm sure you're getting your rewards in za oza room grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2019
tylann:

I know the YouTube it helps in kitchen affairs grin
cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

dang it now i understand the bolded..learning cooking is my first priority from today hence forth grin grin

LMFAO. Good tongue
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hirad: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2019
Jonraid:
Be assured that Madobe will get assistance be it monetary or of any other kind from the Nairobi's government! Jubaland was created to be a buffer state to the Eastern of Kenya and Somalia!

This could lead to a lot of problems. The more Somalia wins over the west, the more this whole Jubaland project goes into jeopardy.

This will only work if Kenya makes it’s agenda hidden and plays its cards right. If Somalia wins the ICJ case for the maritime border, the next step is to rid itself of anti-government factions within the country.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2019
I guess you don't have that many goats. We have like 20M goats if I am not wrong. The semi-arid kenya is just teeming with goats.
XhosaNostra:

Well, all I know is that a goat is a sacred animal. There's even a belief that if you haven't done imbeleko (birth ritual) or other rituals, you shouldn't eat goat meat. See traditionally, in our culture, there's a ritual for every stage of human life, from birth to death. A goat is slaughtered in every stage. But most people no longer do many of the rituals anymore. Allegedly if you eat goat meat & you haven't paid your dues to the ancestors, you risk running mad or having bad luck. It's just one of those things that cannot be explained logically lol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hirad: 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
darfay:

Why the division of y'all are one ethnic nationality

Somalis have never been united in one state. Even today we are divided between 4 countries - Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya. Also there are more Somalis outside of Somalia then inside it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
Somalia should concentrated on kicking out Alshabab and international terror. I don't know why they are all over the map trying to antagonize kenya that is helping them - hosting many of her refugees, it's defence forces fighting alshabaab right in Somalia and Nairobi really is the un-official HQ of somali.

Somalia will not be amount to much until they deal with their misplaced pride. Why are they even trying to auction oil blocks near kenya border. They have like the longest coastline in Africa. It's pure total provocation.

Honestly if Somalia was to be ever peaceful - it will cause regional instability - like they used to do in 1970s & 1980s.

Hirad:

This could lead to a lot of problems. The more Somalia wins over the west, the more this whole Jubaland project goes into jeopardy.

This will only work if Kenya makes it’s agenda hidden and plays its cards right. If Somalia wins the ICJ case for the maritime border, the next step is to rid itself of anti-government factions within the country.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 2:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
rvp2018:
I guess you don't have that many goats. We have like 20M goats if I am not wrong. The semi-arid kenya is just teeming with goats.

No, we do have goats. They're needed for other cultural practises , like circumcision rituals or when someone is becoming a traditional healer. People keep them for that purpose.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2019
Can you buy goats in market that cheaply? They must be cheap. I don't imagine you have that many cultural activities.
XhosaNostra:

No, we do have goats. They're needed for other cultural practises , like circumcision rituals or when someone is becoming a traditional healer. People keep them for that purpose.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hirad:

Somalis have never been united in one state. Even today we are divided between 4 countries - Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya. Also there are more Somalis outside of Somalia then inside it.

Don't you understand Amharic? I was asking how dire dawa was doing. .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hirad: 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2019
ednited:

Selam new?? Dire endet nech ahun? teregagtalech? Chigir tefetro endeneber semche neber. . . ene ke Addis Ababa negn. . .

Selam. I can understand what you’re saying, but my Amarigna is so bad. I wasn’t raised in Ethiopia so I can only say basic phrases undecided

Are there any other Ethiopians here?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hirad: 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
ednited:

Don't you understand Amharic? I was asking how dire dawa was doing. .

Dire Dawa is as beautiful as ever. I was there 1 week ago and I already wanna go back.

Have you ever been?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
rvp2018:
Can you buy goats in market that cheaply? They must be cheap. I don't imagine you have that many cultural activities.

What do you mean by cultural activities?
Goats are expensive, but not as much as other livestock.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hirad:

Selam. I can understand what you’re saying, but my Amarigna is so bad. I wasn’t raised in Ethiopia so I can only say basic phrases undecided

Are there any other Ethiopians here?

Hati13 and waltaw, I don't know where they are now.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hirad:

Dire Dawa is as beautiful as ever. I was there 1 week ago and I already wanna go back.

Have you ever been?

I heard there was a problem in Dire and I got really shocked because Dire is a very peaceful city. I have friends and neighbors from there and they are the coolest and friendly Ethiopians.

If you were there a week ago, that means thing have settled. Thank God.

I had chances to go to Dire but I couldn't make it because of time. I sure will one day!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

LMFAO. Good tongue
a guy got try if he wants to be happy when on za oza room grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

cool

Umesikia hyo story ya mwalimu kajiado aliuma fisi mapua grin kujiokoa fisi ilikuwa imemuattack

Desperate situations require desperate measures grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hirad:

many young somalis i meet dont like this clan system...somalis in diaspora should be involved much in what happenes in somalia
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2019
tylann:

Umesikia hyo story ya mwalimu kajiado aliuma fisi mapua grin kujiokoa fisi ilikuwa imemuattack

Desperate situations require desperate measures grin

grin grin sijasikia but hio ni story crazy sana grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hirad: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2019
rvp2018:
Somalia should concentrated on kicking out Alshabab and international terror. I don't know why they are all over the map trying to antagonize kenya that is helping them - hosting many of her refugees, it's defence forces fighting alshabaab right in Somalia and Nairobi really is the un-official HQ of somali.

Somalia will not be amount to much until they deal with their misplaced pride. Why are they even trying to auction oil blocks near kenya border. They have like the longest coastline in Africa. It's pure total provocation.

Honestly if Somalia was to be ever peaceful - it will cause regional instability - like they used to do in 1970s & 1980s.

Didn’t you guys just say that Kenya is creating a buffer state within Somalia and whilst interfering and undermining its sovereignty? You can’t claim to help Somalia, if your real agenda is to weaken it by creating internal divisions. It doesn’t work both ways so Kenya must choose which side it wants to be on.

Ethiopia has chosen to unequivocally support the government of Somalia by visiting the capital and establishing a base model for an integrated Horn of Africa and also included Eritrea and Djibouti in the talks.

If Kenya was sincere about helping Somalia, they would do the same. Ethiopia has also hosted millions of Somali refugees from Somalia despite old disagreements. This is why the public are now more receptive to a Somali-Ethiopian alliance.

You are correct in that Somalia should focus on eliminating Alshabaab, however the government believes that’s some former Alshabaab members in the Jubaland administration are still in cahoots with the group and is illegally funding them via the charcoal and contraband sugar trade.

Also if you look at the meeting between Somalia and the investors, the oil blocks in the disputed area are not in the map nor are they up for auction. I’ve reviewed both. You’ll see the same as well if you look back at the documents too.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

grin grin sijasikia but hio ni story crazy sana grin

Ni crazy sana hyo story
Imeniumiza mbavu sana grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

a guy got try if he wants to be happy when on za oza room grin grin

Hahaha! Riiight. Just keep practising & all of this will be yours tongue

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by BlackSaints: 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
[quote author=Just30 post=75890616][s] your producers dont even produce a movie without Ghanaian actors because, your market crave for them[s][/s]/quote]
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hirad: 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
ednited:

I heard there was a problem in Dire and I got really shocked because Dire is a very peaceful city. I have friends and neighbors from there and they are the coolest and friendly Ethiopians.

If you were there a week ago, that means thing have settled. Thank God.

I had chances to go to Dire but I couldn't make it because of time. I sure will one day!

Dire has a very good mix of people which I believe is important for any big city.

It was a bit tense when I first arrived there earlier this month. However things have calmed down and I believe the government is serious about clamping down on violent protests.

It would be a lot easier if they worked with the government when they feel bereaved rather than protest and cause death.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Hahaha! Riiight. Just keep practising & all of this will be yours tongue
Hahaha...if wishes were horses ..

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

Hahaha...if wishes were horses ..

Huyu msichana anapost nn hzo grin
Anfanya nafikiria mbali .... grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2019
tylann:

Huyu msichana anapost nn hzo grin
Anfanya nafikiria mbali .... grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2019
I think you need to understand the context. We were fine with Somalia and all our neighbours. Always minding our business. And for nearly 20yrs - everyone went to Somalia and did whatever they wanted. Kenya was contend to stay in it's borders. Then Alshabaab started attacking kenyan bound ships and kidnapping tourist. Alshabaab had made Kismayu their HQ. We had no option except dislodge Alshabab and leave Prof Madobe Ras Kamboni militia in charge of it.

Don't start me on Ethiopia. Ethiopia has interfered with Somalia so many times I forget the count. Somaliland and Puntland are Ethiopia vassal states. They keep them as insurance against Djibouti playing hard ball in their port.

I think Kenya has for long minded it's business many of it's weak neighbour mistook that for weakness. Now that we are in Somalia - we can as well make our stay there worthwhile. And we can only do that by ensuring Ogadens ran Kismayu until Mogadishu fake Gov learns to behave.

I think Kenya should be prepared to stay longer in Somalia.

The current tiff with Kenya border is simply because Mogadishu want to have say in Kismayu - and Kenya has refused to play ball. The oil block is just a way to engineer a international dispute so Kenya can be kicked out of AMISOM - and Mogadishu can kick Prof Madobe & ran Kismayu.

Let Somali kick Alshaab in the region btw Kismayu to Mogadishu - and we can listen to them. Once they are done hidding in the bunker under Burudian & Uganda forces - they can move inch by inch from Mogadishu to Kismayu - and Kenya forces will withdraw.

Hirad:

Didn’t you guys just say that Kenya is creating a buffer state within Somalia and whilst interfering and undermining its sovereignty? You can’t claim to help Somalia, if your real agenda is to weaken it by creating internal divisions. It doesn’t work both ways so Kenya must choose which side it wants to be on.

Ethiopia has chosen to unequivocally support the government of Somalia by visiting the capital and establishing a base model for an integrated Horn of Africa and also included Eritrea and Djibouti in the talks.

If Kenya was sincere about helping Somalia, they would do the same. Ethiopia has also hosted millions of Somali refugees from Somalia despite old disagreements. This is why the public are now more receptive to a Somali-Ethiopian alliance.

You are correct in that Somalia should focus on eliminating Alshabaab, however the government believes that’s some former Alshabaab members in the Jubaland administration are still in cahoots with the group and is illegally funding them via the charcoal and contraband sugar trade.

Also if you look at the meeting between Somalia and the investors, the oil blocks in the disputed area are not in the map nor are they up for auction. I’ve reviewed both. You’ll see the same as well if you look back at the documents too.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hirad:

Dire has a very good mix of people which I believe is important for any big city.

It was a bit tense when I first arrived there earlier this month. However things have calmed down and I believe the government is serious about clamping down on violent protests.

It would be a lot easier if they worked with the government when they feel bereaved rather than protest and cause death.

Correct, that is why Addis Ababa and Dire became peaceful cities. When different people come together, their only choice is to tolerate eachother in order to survive. If all of our cities like that, we wouldn't have heard people being misplaced the whole time.

The people aren't being helpful, you see some of them acting patriotic by carrying the Ethiopian flag and singing patriotic song but what they do out of that is totally different from what a real patriot does. People are being paid to cause violence and everyone must be aware of it. If you hate your enemy, the best thing you can do to attack is stop the things your enemy is planning for but the people are making it easy for what is being planned for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.