Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,564 members, 7,861,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6284880 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
rvp2018:
I think you need to understand the context. We were fine with Somalia and all our neighbours. Always minding our business. And for nearly 20yrs - everyone went to Somalia and did whatever they wanted. Kenya was contend to stay in it's borders. Then Alshabaab started attacking kenyan bound ships and kidnapping tourist. Alshabaab had made Kismayu their HQ. We had no option except dislodge Alshabab and leave Prof Madobe Ras Kamboni militia in charge of it.

Don't start me on Ethiopia. Ethiopia has interfered with Somalia so many times I forget the count. Somaliland and Puntland are Ethiopia vassal states. They keep them as insurance against Djibouti playing hard ball in their port.

I think Kenya has for long minded it's business many of it's weak neighbour mistook that for weakness. Now that we are in Somalia - we can as well make our stay there worthwhile. And we can only do that by ensuring Ogadens ran Kismayu until Mogadishu fake Gov learns to behave.

I think Kenya should be prepared to stay longer in Somalia.

The current tiff with Kenya border is simply because Mogadishu want to have say in Kismayu - and Kenya has refused to play ball. The oil block is just a way to engineer a international dispute so Kenya can be kicked out of AMISOM - and Mogadishu can kick Prof Madobe & ran Kismayu.

Let Somali kick Alshaab in the region btw Kismayu to Mogadishu - and we can listen to them. Once they are done hidding in the bunker under Burudian & Uganda forces - they can move inch by inch from Mogadishu to Kismayu - and Kenya forces will withdraw.

This,my dude! This! Its not just Somalis but everyone-Ugandans posturing on Migingo,Ethiopians publicly denigrating our KDF (remember the late Zenawi statement in 2011 pre invasion?),even Sudanese refugees in Nairobi swearing they'll close the border and annex N Kenya by force-nigga,what!?

All these people confuse their militias for all conquering competent national armies.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jaqenhghar: 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

You see? tongue

I know you can cook, buddy & I'm sure you're getting your rewards in za oza room grin
LMAO. I did get the rewards... those days are behind me now.. wink
Stuck to one

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2019
kikuyu1:

This,my dude! This! Its not just Somalis but everyone-Ugandans posturing on Migingo,Ethiopians publicly denigrating our KDF (remember the late Zenawi statement in 2011 pre invasion?),even Sudanese refugees in Nairobi swearing they'll close the border and annex N Kenya by force-nigga,what!?

All these people confuse their militias for all conquering competent national armies.

People take kenya quietness as a weakness

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
I think Kenya has certainly become assertive - as we have grown from Aid-dependent country in 90s that was lectured by IMF/WB/UK/US ambassadors to a country that can ran it's affairs - and the world has started to noticed. The French president is visiting Kenya next month.
Nearly every major power have paid homage to the new kenya.

Kenya pre-eminence has a solid regional power is being noticed. This is not 200K militia backed army like Ethiopia or Uganda ragtag rebels or MajiMaji of TZ - but regional power in all facets - economy, politics, army and name it.

Kenya should start throwing it's weight around. We don't need to negotiate with Somali gov that is being sheltered by Burundi forces. We need to tell them we will get to Mogadishu if need be.

kikuyu1:

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2019
You all know I try to avoid certain things-the ugliest and most slanderous which is never the mean or average and thus never truly representative: but what the actual feck is the new panty stealing craze in Naij!?
Tbh I don't even think I want to know cause some things can never be forgotten but Samorobo,obadeeremi,forgiveness,theenchanter pls explain and I'll see how I process the info.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
Just30:
delusional being
you spend every day talking about Ghana and comparing yourself at every level

anyway, if it makes you sleep peacefully
why not.
I can post 50 screenshot of ghanaweb talking bad about Nigeria or even comparing themselves with Nigeria. But I bet you can't post 20 screenshot of Nigerians talking bad about Ghana/Ghanaians In this forum grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
Just30:
your producers dont even produce a movie without Ghanaian actors because, your market crave for them
Nice one charly, nice one grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2019
kikuyu1:
You all know I try to avoid certain things-the ugliest and most slanderous which is never the mean or average and thus never truly representative: but what the actual feck is the new panty stealing craze in Naij!?
Tbh I don't even think I want to know cause some things can never be forgotten but Samorobo,obadeeremi,forgiveness,theenchanter pls explain and I'll see how I process the info.
lol, those stuffs aren't genuine.....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2019
Just30:
Good for them
the Ghanaian immigration service will help force them out
No need. We're leaving jeje grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2019
rvp2018:
I think Kenya has certainly become assertive - as we have grown from Aid-dependent country in 90s that was lectured by IMF/WB/UK/US ambassadors to a country that can ran it's affairs - and the world has started to noticed. The French president is visiting Kenya next month.
Nearly every major power have paid homage to the new kenya.

[b]Kenya pre-eminence has a solid regional power is being noticed. T[/b]his is not 200K militia backed army like Ethiopia or Uganda ragtag rebels or MajiMaji of TZ - but regional power in all facets - economy, politics, army and name it.

Kenya should start throwing it's weight around. We don't need to negotiate with Somali gov that is being sheltered by Burundi forces. We need to tell them we will get to Mogadishu if need be.

True,but for this period I'd be happier with unseen underwater developments-the minute the West sees you're a potential RSA they redouble their secret control mechanism:expect greater proxy warfare by terror,secret economic sabotage,ie collapsed trade deals or even weather control measures.
I know for a fact the Somali invasion at first amused then nonplussed when Kismayu fell. Its not what they expected from 4th world nations:they waited for a Ugandan like Mog bogdown or a rapid Ethiopian capture of Mog in 2007 and equally rapid withdrawal. See how they wrote themselves into the script after Al Shabaab Central fell:
Checkpoints have been set up on the main road north of Kismayo, [b]with one eyewitness telling the BBC that the AU forces appeared to include white troops. [/b]There have been numerous reports of US special forces operating against the Islamist militants in Somalia.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-19754639

Also expanding power projection capabilities are a problem to them!

The country also took in two separate loans on the same day worth Sh5.4 billion (euro 45,917,680) and Sh1 billion (euro 8,783,120) for commissioning of Damen 4000 tonne Slipway at the Kenya Navy Naval Base in Mtongwe, Mombasa.

Iow,the KN will now build their own ocean capable frigates like this once the Slipway is ready.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2019
jaycent:
No need. We're leaving jeje grin grin
naa
grin grin grin grin

you are being deported for attacking immigration officers
723 so far
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2019
jaycent:
I can post 50 screenshot of ghanaweb talking bad about Nigeria or even comparing themselves with Nigeria. But I bet you can't post 20 screenshot of Nigerians talking bad about Ghana/Ghanaians In this forum grin
i can post 2000 screenshot of nairaland talking about Ghana

And 200 screenshot of your ministers comparing themselves to Ghana
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Hahaha! Riiight. Just keep practising & all of this will be yours tongue
You're naughty grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2019
Just30:
i can post 2000 screenshot of nairaland talking about Ghana

And 200 screenshot of your ministers comparing themselves to Ghana
Ok then let's ride on grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
Just30:
naa
grin grin grin grin

723 so far
Rants grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
jaycent:
Rants grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

im not ranting

check your newspapers
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
Just30:
naa
grin grin grin grin

723 so far

I did saw the video why were the nigerians attacking your immigration officers
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
tylann:

I did saw the video why were the nigerians attacking your immigration officers
after recent kidnappings of Ghanaians allegedly by Nigerians, the immigration service was ordered to do their jobs.
Since then, they've been arresting Nigerians who illegally entered in the country and those who have overstayed.

Nigerians resisted arrest in Kasoa and attacked officers of the state and since then, the kid gloves has been removed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2019
Just30:
after recent kidnappings of Ghanaians allegedly by Nigerians, the immigration service was ordered to do their jobs.
Since then, they've been arresting Nigerians who illegally entered in the country and those who have overstayed.

Nigerians resisted arrest in Kasoa and attacked officers of the state and since then, the kid gloves has been removed

That is bad
How can you attack state officers in another country and you are a foreigner
That was too low for Nigerians
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2019
kikuyu1:

The same way you have been using to get latest news about nigeria pls also try and see if you can get this. .... grin grin grin grin angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 5:36pm On Feb 19, 2019
jaycent:
Rants grin grin

Lol... grin grin ;DThat is the level of disrespect and disregard we have for your country. ...pls come and attack nigerian immigration officers and see if you make out alive not to talk of been deported
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Your husband material is not long enough to even make a thong! tongue
Cooking skills are a panty dropper, you should learn some grin
But yeah, you're not alone. Some guys still think cooking is for sissies, not knowing that this is how we give it to guys that can cook wink

Can you give it up like that?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
Lol most african countries are quick to telling us that we are criminals. ...have you ever wondered why we don't argue it is because we are constantly proud of how mischievous we are getting on a daily basis.....look at ghanaians saying we attack your immigration officer(you are suppose to be ashamed yet you come here to share with us how incompetent your immigration force are) when we are giving America and British intelligence tough time, so I ask who the he'll are ghanians,kenyan's, south Africans that we cannot not handle and trouble, are you better than America or uk......

Since guys are constantly looking for nigerians latest criminal activities, look no further as I am here to update you on our latest that brings joy to the heart of every nigeria.....the famous hollywood star JUSSIE SMOLLET who play the role JAMAL in EMPIRE hired nigerians in America to beat the Bleep out of him simply because he seek attention and want to blame it on white police officials for being racist ....trust me we did a pretty good job on thay guy grin grin grin I doubt if he will be discharged from hospitals these year ...lol I can't stop being proud of my criminal nation grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 6:51pm On Feb 19, 2019
That's a tall order,cause they aren't going to win this case.Maritime boundaries of countries that boarders the Indian Ocean run eastwards all in a straight line just like the latitudes.Somalia's claim would change the whole scenario,I doubt the court would be ready for that.And second,they already know of Jubaland ties to Kenya but wouldn't want a confrontation with Jubaland now,that's the least they could want.

Third,Somaliland has a more stronger case,it might definitely be given independence if they work out there plans right! The Mogadishu government would have to pick a struggle to deal with,it has so many issues to sort out!
Hirad:

This could lead to a lot of problems. The more Somalia wins over the west, the more this whole Jubaland project goes into jeopardy.

This will only work if Kenya makes it’s agenda hidden and plays its cards right. If Somalia wins the ICJ case for the maritime border, the next step is to rid itself of anti-government factions within the country .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
We were actually docile and not a military state at a time when everybody run the show!

You might as well read this!

''In an interview, a minister in President Jomo Kenyatta's government Mr Geoffrey Kareithi told me the choice by Kenya not to invest in the military was deliberate, but with safety valves put in place.

He recalled the first Kenyan President asking in a Cabinet meeting: “Did we shed blood fighting colonialists only to arm ourselves to kill one another and to kill our brothers and sisters in neighbouring countries?”

Instead, Mr Kareithi told me, the priority decided by the Kenya government was to have food security, provide health, and education for the populace.

Thus, as it was, safeguards were put in place should the country be confronted by a crisis that needed military intervention.

At independence, the British government wanted to construct a giant military base at the place where today stands Kenyatta University.

The facility was to defend Kenya in case of outside aggression, and also secure western interests in the Horn of Africa and in the Middle-East.

However, the plan couldn’t work because the independent Kenya government wasn’t comfortable with that kind of agreement that could have sent wrong signals that Kenya was still a British colony.

On the sly, Americans also sabotaged the plan, because they weren’t comfortable that Britain was the one to put up such facility.

Uncle Sam wanted to do it himself by putting up that kind of facility in Djibouti and in the Indian Ocean island of Diego Garcia.''

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/When-Kenyan-military-was-a-dwarf-among-giants/1056-4907096-13855vtz/index.html

rvp2018:
I think you need to understand the context. We were fine with Somalia and all our neighbours. Always minding our business. And for nearly 20yrs - everyone went to Somalia and did whatever they wanted. Kenya was contend to stay in it's borders. Then Alshabaab started attacking kenyan bound ships and kidnapping tourist. Alshabaab had made Kismayu their HQ. We had no option except dislodge Alshabab and leave Prof Madobe Ras Kamboni militia in charge of it.

Don't start me on Ethiopia. Ethiopia has interfered with Somalia so many times I forget the count. Somaliland and Puntland are Ethiopia vassal states. They keep them as insurance against Djibouti playing hard ball in their port.

I think Kenya has for long minded it's business many of it's weak neighbour mistook that for weakness. Now that we are in Somalia - we can as well make our stay there worthwhile. And we can only do that by ensuring Ogadens ran Kismayu until Mogadishu fake Gov learns to behave.

I think Kenya should be prepared to stay longer in Somalia.

The current tiff with Kenya border is simply because Mogadishu want to have say in Kismayu - and Kenya has refused to play ball. The oil block is just a way to engineer a international dispute so Kenya can be kicked out of AMISOM - and Mogadishu can kick Prof Madobe & ran Kismayu.

Let Somali kick Alshaab in the region btw Kismayu to Mogadishu - and we can listen to them. Once they are done hidding in the bunker under Burudian & Uganda forces - they can move inch by inch from Mogadishu to Kismayu - and Kenya forces will withdraw.''
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

No, you don't milk a goat lol. I don't know about other cultures though, but in mine, we only drink milk from a cow. Drinking sheep or goat milk is even used as an insult. "Use ngathi utya amasi egusha" means that a person is troublesome as if he consumes milk from a sheep. Some variations of the insult include goat or pig's milk.

No judgment on my side for people who eat game. To each their own. We do too, but we're selective. Only antelopes.

We don't milk goats and sheep either, just bbq.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2019
Does the house girl effect has anything to do with the contribution of a country's economic output GDP?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Can you give it up like that?

You must ask mtisTheQubit after I'm done with him grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2019
ednited:

Selam new?? Dire endet nech ahun? teregagtalech? Chigir tefetro endeneber semche neber. . . ene ke Addis Ababa negn. . .

Is Amharic your official language? Are all Kenyans supposed to understand it? What language is used for education and by government?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Hahaha! Riiight. Just keep practising & all of this will be yours tongue

Olosho
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

Hahaha...if wishes were horses ..

Brostitute
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
darfay:

Olosho

Is it your toto? grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.