Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6175442 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4258) (4259) (4260) (4261) (4262) (4263) (4264) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tlann2: 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Most projections have been accurate Kumamoto, don't just disregard them because they aren't favourable to Tanganyika. You would be dancing and reposting them every now and then if they were projecting Tanganyika ahead of Kenya. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
He is full of jealousy Because Tanzania economy will only grow at 4% this year the lowest in east Africa
Even Ghana has overtaken Tanzania , Tanzania a very rich country
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

Yes economies rises and falls and they are reasons behind economy rise and fall
For example in kenya our economy slows down because of elections
Other reasons is dependence on one commodity that will hurt the economy badly
there's something called "boom and bust cycle" when economy just fall for miniscule reasons caused by human error, its inevitable... forget about one commodity or 100 commodities.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
Just30:
What have i told you before?

Haven't i told you that trading economics is a useless site and most of the info there are not correct?

you koraa the thing you are posting, does it make sense to you?
Your economy is expected to grow by less than 2% and you are forecasting a GDP size increment of more than 50%

im even laughing
grin grin grin grin grin grin

because my 13 years old kid who has just started reading economics is giggling grin grin
Another grandpa spotted. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
Implementing AFCFTA will reduce trade volattility. World bank economist

In order to reduce trade volatility and spur African economic growth, Albert Zeufack, the Chief Economist for Africa World Bank, has urged the ratification and effective implementation the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA)

Speaking at a video conference at the launch of this year’s African’s Pulse report, a bi-annual analysis of issues shaping Africa’s economic future, Zeufack said effective implementation of the free trade policy would strengthen regional value chain for enhanced development.

The CFTA will create a single continental market for goods and services, with free movement of business persons and investments also paving way for the acceleration and establishment of the Continental Customs Union.

According to the African Union Commission, the AfCFTA aims to increase intra-African trade by 52.3 percent by the year 2020, remove tariffs on 90 percent of goods, liberalise services and tackle other barriers of inter-African trade, such as long delays at border posts.

The AfCFTA was originally billed to be the largest free trade zone in the world, but the slow pace of ratification now puts this in doubt, at least for now. However ratification of the treaty by The Gambia a few days ago has brought the number of ratifications to 33, which makes for the threshold required for it to come into force about one year after agreement to create the free trade area was first reached by African Heads of State.

To boost the policy initiative among member states, the European Union (EU), has committed €4 million, out of the estimated €50 million, needed to fund the establishment of the AU Trade Observatory, a key pillar of the implementation of AfCFTA.

The report showed that growth in sub-Saharan Africa was downgraded to 2.3 per cent for 2018, down from 2.5 per cent in 2017. This was attributed to low economic growth, domestic macroeconomic instability, including poorly managed debt, inflation, and fiscal deficits; political and regulatory uncertainty; and fragility that were having visible negative impacts on some African economies.

The report indicated fragility in a handful of countries which was costing Sub-Saharan Africa over half a percentage point of growth per year, which adds up to 2.6 percentage points over five years.

Source: goldstreetbusiness.com
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:
He is full of jealousy Because Tanzania economy will only grow at 4% this year the lowest in east Africa
Even Ghana has overtaken Tanzania , Tanzania a very rich country

Kazikazi, please come tell us about your economic growth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
theenchanter:
Then elaborate on it..... break it down, explain it.
if that is what you are expecting, you are on a long run. Every stupid and idiot knows fiscal year might not be same as calender year but to say only egypt and kenya run fiscal year is the most ignorance statement i have come across.

However, for you to make jest of the statement shows you know better, invalidate it and let's see where you will end up again.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tlann2: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
theenchanter:
there's something called "boom and bust cycle" when economy just fall for miniscule reasons caused by human error, its inevitable... forget about one commodity or 100 commodities.

That is why economies needs to be diversified
A diversified economy is a stable economy it can be able to withstand economic shocks
Unlike commodity economies
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tlann2: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2019
vaxx2:
Implementing AFCFTA will reduce trade volattility. World bank economist

In order to reduce trade volatility and spur African economic growth, Albert Zeufack, the Chief Economist for Africa World Bank, has urged the ratification and effective implementation the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA)

Speaking at a video conference at the launch of this year’s African’s Pulse report, a bi-annual analysis of issues shaping Africa’s economic future, Zeufack said effective implementation of the free trade policy would strengthen regional value chain for enhanced development.

The CFTA will create a single continental market for goods and services, with free movement of business persons and investments also paving way for the acceleration and establishment of the Continental Customs Union.

According to the African Union Commission, the AfCFTA aims to increase intra-African trade by 52.3 percent by the year 2020, remove tariffs on 90 percent of goods, liberalise services and tackle other barriers of inter-African trade, such as long delays at border posts.

The AfCFTA was originally billed to be the largest free trade zone in the world, but the slow pace of ratification now puts this in doubt, at least for now. However ratification of the treaty by The Gambia a few days ago has brought the number of ratifications to 33, which makes for the threshold required for it to come into force about one year after agreement to create the free trade area was first reached by African Heads of State.

To boost the policy initiative among member states, the European Union (EU), has committed €4 million, out of the estimated €50 million, needed to fund the establishment of the AU Trade Observatory, a key pillar of the implementation of AfCFTA.

The report showed that growth in sub-Saharan Africa was downgraded to 2.3 per cent for 2018, down from 2.5 per cent in 2017. This was attributed to low economic growth, domestic macroeconomic instability, including poorly managed debt, inflation, and fiscal deficits; political and regulatory uncertainty; and fragility that were having visible negative impacts on some African economies.

The report indicated fragility in a handful of countries which was costing Sub-Saharan Africa over half a percentage point of growth per year, which adds up to 2.6 percentage points over five years.

Source: goldstreetbusiness.com

Africa needs to trade with itself to spur economic success
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
samorobo:

If you want to speak of electricity rate pls do so with fact ..At least be rational with it
Our electricity rate is improving on a daily basis .I remember I once gave you a feasible date for a perfect 100 % uninterrupted power supply to all nigerian which is 2022. Our govt have privatised that sector for effective use and so it no longer in the hands of those cruel politicians. We are trying to diversify our economy most especially in our manufacturing sector and alot of infastructural investment is going into achieving that but we can't achieve that when without power.
sometimes I don't know who is to blame for your continuous suffering,is it your most corrupt and incompetent government or the ignorance of the people who follow these your useless criminal leaders blindly.They say fool me once,shame on you buh fool me twice,shame on me.You people are continuously fooled every day with them telling you in three years,all will be excellent buh you are still in stagnant mode.South Africa of 50 million population generates 51,000 megawatts of electricity and they don't even have 100% access rate buh over 90% access rate whilst Ghana of 29 million people generates 3,200 megawatts of electricity and we have over 80% access rate with little to no power interruption.Then Nigeria of over 200 million people generates 3,600 megawatts for its whole population as of 2019 February and your so called saviour which is the private power distributors and generators own over 1 trillion naira in debts and they are telling you by 2022 in three years time,they will provide 100% uninterrupted power supply to the whole nation and you are here shamefully quoting them.Are they going to build and generate 100,000 megawatts of power in three years cos clearly South Africa who have 50 million people still use 51,000 megawatts whilst Nigeria with 200 million people use 3,600 megawatts of power with your 3% population increase,in three years time,additional 30 million people will add up expanding your poverty with same deteriorated resources.No wonder Obasanjo embezzled 15 billion dollars electricity production money and in 61 years since independence you now generate 3,600 megawatts of electricity and you now want to reach 100% in three years.Jokers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
vaxx2:
if that is what you are expecting, you are on a long run. Every stupid and idiot knows fiscal year might not be same as calender year but to say only egypt and kenya run fiscal year is the most ignorance statement i have come across.

However, for you to make jest of the statement shows you know better, invalidate it and let's where you will end up again.
where did I say only kenya and Egypt are running a fiscal year and not calendar year? Does the bolded in my post correspond with ur assertion? undecided
theenchanter:
the reason I keep blessing ur life with my replies still baffle me.... its not as if I'm paid to rectify the damage done by ur teachers.

Don't u know d difference between "a year" and "a fiscal year? undecided egypt is running a fiscal year model like kenya but Ghana is not running.

Egypt's diaspora remittance accounts for June to June every year, what that link is talking about is June '17 to June '18 and not d two years put together. Do u still need me to spoon-feed u like a baby?

OK.... Ghana is not d second largest recipient in SS africa, goan kee urself.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

Open the link below you will understand that some of our government officials are sleeping in their job while others are doing a great job

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/How-Ngilu-overcame-politics-of-food-aid-in-Kitui/1056-5070510-view-asAMP-mnfrafz/index.html

Your case is mostly an hydrological condition. Drought is world problem, not only kenya alone, though yours seems to be more because of the geographical area you are located. I advice kenya goverment SHOULD made use of an expart inteligence to forecast so that better preparation can be made earlier before the drought set in again.

Ghana current success was attributed to continuous growing economy which started around 2012 , according to IMf. More than half of the population have been lifted out of poverty.

And this economy growth can be linked to more educative work force. GHANA WAS KNOWN AS A GRAVEYARD BEFORE. NO COMPANY WANT TO INVEST THERE. BUT TODAY THE STORY IS CHANGING.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
theenchanter:
where did I say only kenya and Egypt are running a fiscal year and not calendar year? Does the bolded in my post correspond with ur assertion? undecided
You just put it up there that Ghana is not running

How will a country not run a fiscal year ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

And i think the process should be fully implemented before 2021. It is not necessary we have everyone on board. At least when Europe monetary zone started. Not all europe are willing to join, but this have help Greece in her current hardship.

Any country willing can join later
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
vaxx2:
You just put there that Ghana is not running.

How will a country not run a fiscal year ?
Dude, what exactly is ur problem, huh? undecided

We're talking about diaspora remittance and I gave u a link that showed egypt's remittance which u claimed to be two years combined (2017&2018) simply because u saw 2017 and 2018 fiscal year there.

Then I explained that Egypt runs a fiscal year (june 2017 to june 2018)in that regard n not calendar year like Ghana.

How else do u want me to explain, huh? undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tlann2: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
vaxx2:
Your case is mostly an hydrological condition. Drought is world problem, not only kenya alone, though yours seems to be more because of the geographical area you are located. I advice goverment SHOULD made use of an expart inteligence to forecast so that better preparation can be made earlier before the drought set in again.

Ghana current success was attributed to continoius growing economy which started around 2012 , according to IMf. More than have of the population have been lifted out of poverty.

And this economy growth can be linked to more educative work force. GHANA WAS KNOWN AS A GRAVEYARD BEFORE. NO COMPANY WANT TO INVEST THERE. BUT TODAY THE STORY IS CHANGING.

That is because 89% of kenya is either arid or semi arid so when drought hits we are massively affected

Ghana is doing well economically
You have alot of resources
So the sky is the only limit
If you have favourable policies to attract investment
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
theenchanter:
Another grandpa spotted. grin
grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tlann2: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
vaxx2:
And i think the process should be fully implemented before 2021. It is not necessary we have everyone on board. At least when Europe monetary zone started. Not all europe are willing to join, but this have help Greece in her current hardship.

Any country willing can join later

Yes
African countries also need to develop there manufacturing sector that is the weakest link in africa economy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

Our government sent food aid to turkana and medical aid .
I will also like to know what your govt is doing about daily cult killings in nigeria and marauding fulani herdesmen
There's severe food shortage and hunger in Nigeria which is compared to Yemen and South Sudan.UN provides them food aid with their useless media who hardly covers it due to corruption.There are deaths everyday in Boko haram held towns and bandits killing hundreds and burning villages in the entire northern states.Like this page "Sahara Reporters" on Facebook because even their government tries to shut them down for always reporting the truth.Nigeria is a real shithole.You will cry for Nigeria when you follow the deep reports of the failed country sitting on a time bomb

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2019
Just30:
grin grin grin
well done sir, how is/are d kid/kids? Hope life n business is going fine?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
theenchanter:
well done sir, how is/are d kid/kids? Hope life n business is going fine?
business is slow but picking
Life is great

how are things, on your side ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2019
Just30:
business is slow but picking
Life is great

how are things, on your side ?
it'll get better.... just keep d faith.

Things are fine here too o.... was just indoor all day, killing boredom with NL since I don't like watching movies. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

Yes
African countries also need to develop there manufacturing sector that is the weakest link in africa economy
i believe inter trade can fast track that devlopmemt. It is not only buisness that will be traded, business inteligence will be traded as well. .. for example, it will be easier for a country like kenya to benefit from the new Google AI lab established in Accra some few days ago. The research lab can be used to back track the drought and can also provode an alternative measure to address it.

If isreal and Singapore can have such a robust agricultural sector despite their geographical condition, why not Kenya. The most important benefit of the trade is, it will allow technology to meet industrials needs which will kick start the sleeping manufacturing base of africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

That is because 89% of kenya is either arid or semi arid so when drought hits we are massively affected

Ghana is doing well economically
You have alot of resources
So the sky is the only limit
If you have favourable policies to attract investment
Yes the policy are gradually working and reshaping the current status of Ghana. Ghana aviation recently won the most secured in Africa, more global company are more interested in doing buisness in Ghana. Oracle just recently launched another buisness start up in the country. Now chevron, exxon mobil, tullow and shell all have their presence in Ghana now

The country that was once rejected before due to low turn out profit is now bocoming the corner stone.

A NIGERIA NEWSPAPER JUST REPORT THIS NEWS ONE MONTH AGO

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kazikazi:
In Africa,its stupid to have economic trajectories of more than 5 years. Things change very fast in this continent. Have u seen where is Sudan today? Or Angola? As far as GDP is concerned, just give your predictions of less than 5 years.

Who made you an economics analyst? Just tell us when you are going to initiate that massive lng plant.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
theenchanter:
Dude, what exactly is ur problem, huh? undecided

We're talking about diaspora remittance and I gave u a link that showed egypt's remittance which u claimed to be two years combined (2017&2018) simply because u saw 2017 and 2018 fiscal year there.

Then I explained that Egypt runs a fiscal year (june 2017 to june 2018)in that regard n not calendar year like Ghana.

How else do u want me to explain, huh? undecided
so are you now ready to tell us how fiscal year is not budget year ? I will be waitng.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kazikazi:
Kenyan GDP is a fallacy. How can u explain about a GDP of 100b but has a huge number of dying fellows who lacks a meal! A GDP which can't support life? A GDP on paper?

The only truth about Kenyan GDP is...
Its not in the hands of Kenyans. Its under their masters

Why are you contradicting yourself? You say it's a fallacy, then you say its true but in the hands of our masters! Honestly I think you are just blowing hot air. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

We understand your bitterness because your Tanzania economy will only grow at 4% this year
So continue crying cool

He doesn't know how to cry(protest). Communists suffer in silence.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tlann2: 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
vaxx2:
Yes the policy are gradually working and reshaping the current status of Ghana. Ghana aviation recently won the most secured in Africa, more global company are more interested in doing buisness in Ghana. Oracle just recently launched another buisness start up in the country. Now chevron, exxon mobil, tullow and shell all have their presence in Ghana now

The country that was once rejected before due to low turn out profit is now bocoming the corner stone.

A NIGERIA NEWSPAPER JUST REPORT THIS NEWS ONE MONTH AGO

That is good
Is Ghana experiencing an oil boom right now
Many African countries fear opening up their economy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
Wikileaks, Assange and Nairobi

These revelations are contained in the book WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange’s War on Secrecy, written by British journalists David Leigh and Luke Harding in 2011.

In the book, Mr Assange reveals his intention of starting WikiLeaks on Kenyan soil in 2007. He had come for the one-week World Social Forum, which began on January 24. It was held at Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani. The event is a parody of the World Economic Forum, a preserve of wealthy nations.

He set up a tent at Kasarani and spent four days handing out flyers and talking about his intention to set up WikiLeaks.

Mr Assange was so happy with the response he got that he spent the next two years in Nairobi making connections with activists like Mwalimu Mati. He would later tell an Australian publication that Kenya had an extraordinary opportunity for reforms.

“ While in Kenya, Assange met courageous individuals, banned opposition groups, corruption investigators, trade unions, a fearless press and clergy. These brave people seemed the real deal to him. He contrasted them with fellow westerners who just loved cameras and throwing parties with foundation money,” the book says.

The media freedom here in Kenya is unparalleled. We would readily speak out against the government without fear of intimidation. This scenario motivated Assange to start Wikileaks!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
gallivant:

Why are you contradicting yourself? You say it's a fallacy, then you say its true but in the hands of our masters! Honestly I think you are just blowing hot air. grin
Tell me,are Turkana fellows contribute anything to ur fake GDP?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

What can we trade among ourselves? As we speak,others are starving to death in Turkana,so how can we trade with starving fellows?

Before you start thinking about trading,just find what u can do to feed ur hungry Turkanas!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
tlann2:

You want them to get fat immediately after eating food brought to them undecided
Worry more about your Nigerian brothers dying daily in the hands of cultists and Fulani herdesmen wink

You are a useless fool with nothing to say.I wonder why you are now try to be so defensive on this issue, remember you were against it . See denying this things would not help my poor innocent brothers that are in starvation. Pls go back to being sober so your plea can fall on your president ears.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4258) (4259) (4260) (4261) (4262) (4263) (4264) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.