Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6203507 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2017
9jakool:

I agree. That's why their ridiculous claims are contradicting each other.

Ok

You dey mind am?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 5:06pm On May 07, 2017
JiggamanGh:

I think with better road and train network, the countries will gradually come together. Nigeria practically own Benin and Ghana, Ivory Coast, burkina, liberia and Togo are really close.
yes there is high presence ofnigerians in countries you mention. but i observe lebanese ,chinese ,indians are doing better in business than us. infact in ghana for instance the lebanese and india community are growing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:06pm On May 07, 2017
chkil0:

Maghrebi regional unity fail because of western sahara case ! + hypocrisy , this subject of dispute is used by the two leaders to divert the public opinion in case of internal problems . + during algerian terrorism black periods (1991-2001) no on help and morocco helped terrorist . + smuggling, algerian gasoline, medicines, food are passed on to Morocco and on their side they return only cannabis (Morocco 1st producer of cannabis in the world), so the Algerians do not see the interest to open economic relations with morocco . in the others side economic relation is very open between algeria tunisia .

for morocco to join ecowas its not to algeria the message was to the europeen union ! morocco has made many official requests to join europe but was refused and had a previligie statue of economic exchanges, just before the declaration of Morocco on the ECOWAS the European commission blocked some moroccan exports product produced from the occupied Western sahara territory thats why they make this Poker Bluff about ECOWAS

for politicians they speak in official language ( traditional arab) , The current Prime Minister is one of the first to make speeches in Algerian local language . french is more for intellectuals events because we study in French science at the university level )

for liberalism islamism , you have to come visit maghrebins cities to see the paradox , we live like europeens with some hypocrisy regard the religion , official statistic said 99% are muslims but in many maghrebins cities you will not see the difference from some europeens . for my self view (i m atheist) maghreb have a moderate islam and are more liberal then many countries around the world !

Ok, thanks for the enlightenment.

It is very obvious that Morocco is a very selfish country. They want to dominate others. They are also not interested in brotherhood with you guys. I personally think all these negative ways come from their monarchy.
They also are not ready to let go off western sahara.

I know they want to penetrate west Africa in order to dominate our economy.

Yes, i fully agree, Maghrebis, the turkish, albanians and probably Indonesians are the most liberal muslim people and nations in the world.

How is the entertainment industry like in the maghreb? We know nothing about this in SubSaharan Africa.
Which language do you guys use in entertainment? French, local arabic or standard arabic?

Do you speak local berber language? What percentage of maghrebis speak berber and identify themselves ad such? (Hope u don't mind my many questions, i am a very inquisitive person).
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:17pm On May 07, 2017
MtuMsuper:

And then i stumbled upon this https://www.nairaland.com/3778396/cut-off-marks-entrance-federal-government
How is this even going on? Which kinda teacher tells his student that a mark of 2 is a cut off mark!

That is being done in order to encourage the educationally less advantaged to go to school.

Different Nigerian states are believed to have different educational advantages and this is quite true. Education reached some places before others.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

That is being done in order to encourage the educationally less advantaged to go to school.

Different Nigerian states are believed to have different educational advantages and this is quite true. Education reached some places before others.
That hilarious man..is like telling your student just write your name down an everything will be Okie. Anyway i don't think its a fair competition
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:38pm On May 07, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Would have loved to know where those stats are from, though. But seriously, there is a serial lack of opportunity amongst the 18-35 age group. How else would you explain this national obsession to simply get out.and go anywhere but home? Those crossing the Sahara and Mediterranean are the more extreme examples, but even so, their numbers just seem never to run dry!

The funniest part of this is that about 80% of the Nigerians who cross the Sahara to Europe are from 1 particular state in Nigeria (Edo state). I schooled in University of Benin, Edo state, so i know the capital city very well.
The city is quite a big city with probably up to 2 million people now. Almost every native of this city has a family member(s) abroad that sends money back home. This is like the economic pillar of the city. So many parents even encourage or pressurize their children to go to Europe through any means possible. It is very very sad. Many others are deceived or trafficked.

The trend is gradually reducing now believe me, as more young guys from the state prefer to go into internet fraud than an illegal journey to Europe. Many more are also becoming enlightened.

As for those who migrate to other parts of Africa or those who migrate legally. It is not really due to poverty. Especially the Igbo traders. For many, it is due to competition, they are looking for a softer ground.

If you know the population of Southerners (Igbos especially) in Borno state (ravaged by boko haram), you will be shocked! Igbos are all over northern cities and even villages, even into Niger republic, Chad, Benin, Mali, Togo, Burkina faso e.t c. But does this mean that all these places are more developed than Southern Nigeria? Hell NO! .....Many Southern Nigerians are just very opportunistic and adventurous.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:53pm On May 07, 2017
mtis:

That hilarious man..is like telling your student just write your name down an everything will be Okie. Anyway i don't think its a fair competition

Yes, it may not appear fair, but i think it is.

Take me for instance, education came to my hometown around 1940, while it reached some villages in my place as late as 1970. Infact, till date, my mother's village and some neighbouring villages do not have a primary or secondary school, they had to and still have to trekk kilometres away to a small neighbouring town to attend primary school. And this is even Plateau state that has an advantage to some extent.
Now imagine the case with places like Taraba or Zamfara where majority of them live in villages and people do not have schools till today. Infact you may never understand this until you have been to some interior northern villages.

This is not and never was the case with most Southerners wo received education earlier and better.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:11pm On May 07, 2017
vaxx:
unification was the dream of the true legend son of africa.kwame inkrumah and gaddafi. a good idea i think but not feasible becuse of corruption and sellfishness. from the articule i read somewhere. inkrumah suggest to balewa to acquitre benin republic while he will acquire togo land. but this siggestion was turn down by balewa. ghana was able to acquire part of togo
land which are today ewe community.

Hmm, the good thing about unification is that it helps those who are not progressing to be tagged along by those who are progressing. It also reduces the chances of political instability.

India looks better than Africa today, but we have more rescources than them and i think we should be more progressive than them, but a unified political boundary has helped them overcome wars unlike Africa where war and political instabilities have besetted us.

Imagine the large human disaster that would have been if northern Nigeria was a country of it's own. You would have had 3 or more times the refugees of Somalia all over. But you can see that the progress and rescources of the south has helped to put that in check. The southerners are carrying the northerners along.

We all Black Africans must progress as one, if not, the one who makes progress alone will also suffer the failures of his neighbour.
See the way Nigèrien beggars are all over Nigerian streets messing up our cities. If they had been part of Nigeria, they would have at least been like the core-northern Nigerians and many of them would have progressed at least better than they are now.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:18pm On May 07, 2017
gallivant:

His ethnic group has no relevance in this discussion. He is Kenyan.

See amebo, aproko, tatafo cheesy wetin consain u?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JiggamanGh: 6:19pm On May 07, 2017
JSMMUYIWA:

Ghanaman.... I aren't seeing your handle in sports section like b4:
Why?

Banned since 2015 and it won't be over till the end of this year.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

Take me for instance, education came to my hometown around 1940, while it reached some villages in my place as late as 1970. Infact, till date, my mother's village and some neighbouring villages do not have a primary or secondary school, they had to and still have to trekk kilometres away to a small neighbouring town to attend primary school. And this is even Plateau state that has an advantage to some extent.
Now imagine the case with places like Taraba or Zamfara where majority of them live in villages and people do not have schools till today. Infact you may never understand this until you have been to some interior northern villages.

This is not and never was the case with most Southerners wo received education earlier and better.

Yeah. quota system is one of the means through which the Nigerian government ensures that all regions are represented in the Central administration so that we will reduce the fear of domination which is the crux of Nigerian nationhood. I feel that is much more than just an enabler for educationally disadvantaged states to catch up because it has failed in that regard. Competition is even a better means of enabling catch up for instance, the case of Ebonyi was like the north in terms of education but competition from other Igbo states has made them catch up with other educated Nigerian states.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:27pm On May 07, 2017
freshest4live:

But language barrier is another problem. We no longer take French seriously in our schools like it was in the Abacha era. It's more of a problem for the franchopone countries because English is universal. Cameroon is closer to us than the lot because they speak both languages.

I really don't see any unity btw Nigerians and Cameroonians. Where is it? We are even closer to GH than CA. The french speakers dominate everything about CA.
Francophone countries do not have much disadvantage as u think. French is almost equally a scientific and technological language as much as English. So, why do u feel they will be under pressure to learn English?

JiggamanGh, trains will not solve the divide. Only a common language will.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:31pm On May 07, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Yeah. quota system is one of the means through which the Nigerian government ensures that all regions are represented in the Central administration so that we will reduce the fear of domination which is the crux of Nigerian nationhood. I feel that is much more than just an enabler for educationally disadvantaged states to catch up because it has failed in that regard. Competition is even a better means of enabling catch up for instance, the case of Ebonyi was like the north in terms of education but competition from other Igbo states has made them catch up with other educated Nigerian states.

You are right, but i think competition can only work for those who are surrounded or neighboured by competitive people. Ebonyi people saw the need to catch up because their neighbours are progressing.

What about the unprogressive people who are equally surrounded or neighboured by unprogressive people? Where do you expect them do draw inspiration from?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

True. But at least they are making some progress and are not regressing.
I think TZ took the swahilinization thing too far. It somehow secluded them and made them quite local in mentality.

But the way Tanzanians portray themselves in their musics, movies an tv shows seems very contrasting with what we are saying about them. Why is that so?

(I may be wrong) but they seem to have a higher urbanized and lively social population than other East Africans from what i have observed. They also tend to appear more beautiful, neat, reserved, civilized, friendly, classy, easy-going and cool-headed than Kenyans (am very sorry if i seem too indiscreet), that's just my sincere and personal observation from Tanzanians and Kenyans i see on TV. Why is this so?
Tanzanians are polite, slow and

The nerve of this guy angry

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:36pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

You are right, but i think competition can only work for those who are surrounded or neighboured by competitive people. Ebonyi people saw the need to catch up because their neighbours are progressing.

What about the unprogressive people who are equally surrounded or neighboured by unprogressive people? Where do you expect them do draw inspiration from?
That one dey sha. But educatio came to most parts of the middle belt same time with far north. Middle belt don step up but far north no wan follow grin Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:48pm On May 07, 2017
gallivant:

His ethnic group has no relevance in this discussion. He is Kenyan.

Y is life so full of hate and bitterness?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 7:02pm On May 07, 2017
iamord:
So a thread comparing kenya to nigeria has ended with ghana in it.. and it has gotten to page 580 shocked
Well shout out to you guys that keep defending Ghana on this forum back to back!.. i joined nairaland way back 2009 with intentions of being close to a community online i could identify my interest with (or so i thought), but what i saw was so lowly i had to disassociate myself, and up till today i still see the same ol thing.. that's 9 years!! even with the same old crop of users making the same statements over the years after being corrected time and time again.. Damn! there are surely better things to do with my time!! not in this 2017!!! ..you see at the end of the day, what ever anyone says or thinks about ghana or vice versa on this forum does not affect the countries ranks and statistics other than the figment of the mind of the individual or group. and the aspirations of their talk and belief cannot fly higher than the grimme reality on ground. You try to correct them about their misconceptions about ghana and other countries and they will still find something to bring you back to prove their point, that's because they are governed by their thoughts, influenced by an environment rich in Ethnocentrism and this has created their reality. Am not saying that we can not contrast and compare nations but this chauvinistic attitude is long becoming boring and unrealistic.
Ghana does not need the approval of no layman to know that it's moving forward. a lot is happening in the region.. a whole lot! and it gets me excited .smart developing nations know that the world is speaking globalisation and trade and are pursuing the cause aggressively and not archaic chest beating of being a giant! Na Who giant help ask goliath!! It has not even helped the lives of those who identify themselves as such. The mere fact that we have comparisons of the so called giant of africa with "SMALL" nations shows that there is something wrong , your giant is only as a potential because that ground is still very open to nations that are ready. and the so called small nations seem to be out performing you . it's not just about size.. its about strategic economic positioning. This is something being discussed by top economists . every african nation has potential. it's all about utilizing its scarce resource, capital and intellectual power for dominance in a region. instead of comparing your nations as to who is better why don't you guys channel your energy towards making your nations developed as both countries are yet to reflect true development their potential poses or better still, better your pockets. let's start from there.

My first visit to Ghana was in 2000 and over the years, I have visited more than 40 times.

The road from Aflao border to Tema was very terrible but my first impression of Tema and Accra was very impressive. The stable light, constant water supply, street lights, smooth roads (though some parts were bad), low fence(unlike the wall of Jericho notable in residential houses in Lagos), traffic lights, organized police officers etc made me to be astonished due to the fact that I came from a city (Lagos) were almost all these were in nonexistent as at then. The reason for this can easily be thrased to the ineffective millitary regime.

Lagos was the shadow of itself and the disdain of the world. But take note that before the military regime all these were in place, some Koreans who witnessed it, confirmed Lagos was better than Seoul, in fact better than South Korea.

My point is that the military regime brought regression rather than progression and it was that that drew us back.

However, 18 years after our emancipation from the military regime, I can authoritatively tell you that we have witnessed massive development and progressed beyond imagination though the bad news of terrorism, kidnapping, corruption etc made more headlines in the international media than telling the real story.

Believe me, Accra was far developed than Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt 18 years ago in terms of infrastructures and development but my guy this is no longer the case because during that era there was oil boom and the profits were used to rapidly develop these cities.

Frankly speaking, Lagos and Abuja have developed beyond what Accra can imagine though they(especially Lagos) lag behind in basic infrastructures but I can tell you categorically that these are giving the needed attentions.

Though, I will agree that we should have done better but perhaps if we restructure the system of government.

Ghana was lucky to have J.J Rawlings who forever changed political system that brought stability and economic growth and progress in Ghana.

And to think that Ghanaians are craving for infrastructural development is beyond me, the outcome of the election showed otherwise.

But don't be decived that Nigeria is not progressing and doing nothing.

We know the next step to take and we are doing everything to achieve it.

Restructuring of the system of government perhaps could be the next and right step.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ok, thanks for the enlightenment.

It is very obvious that Morocco is a very selfish country. They want to dominate others. They are also not interested in brotherhood with you guys. I personally think all these negative ways come from their monarchy.
They also are not ready to let go off western sahara.

I know they want to penetrate west Africa in order to dominate our economy.

Yes, i fully agree, Maghrebis, the turkish, albanians and probably Indonesians are the most liberal muslim people and nations in the world.

How is the entertainment industry like in the maghreb? We know nothing about this in SubSaharan Africa.
Which language do you guys use in entertainment? French, local arabic or standard arabic?

Do you speak local berber language? What percentage of maghrebis speak berber and identify themselves ad such? (Hope u don't mind my many questions, i am a very inquisitive person).

entertainement you talk about films, tv serie ? they use local language (algerian tunisian moroccan) , like most arab country the period rich in production is Ramadan ( the month of fasting in islamic calender) , because people watch tv at table during and after the dinner ! specialy Drama, humor productions , they use local algerian language , ! their is also theatres , one man show ect ... from french arabic tradition ! ( they use algerian , arabic and french also) , their is also french-algerian film producers in france who produce films in algeria with french language !

for berber language unfortunately I do not speak it i know only few words , but my fiancee speak it so i will learn soon smiley , berber language is spoken in the street in some region ( kabylie north-center-east algeria for exemple) , in other regions they speak local algerian ,
for pourcentage i dont know for morocco , tunisia dont have many berberophons , for algeria i would say 30% speak berber , ! they introduce kabyle language at primary middle school this last 10 years ! during my time it was not taught !
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 7:23pm On May 07, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

That one dey sha. But educatio came to most parts of the middle belt same time with far north. Middle belt don step up but far north no wan follow grin Na wa o.

Middlebelters are closer to the south and we socialize with the south. We were influenced more by the south (our christian and liberal muslim nature also helped here). Gradually, we ourselves will start influencing the core-north.

If you look at the core-north, Kano, Kaduna and Katsina seem to be doing somewhat better or improving. This is because of the higher urbanization of these places.
Core-northerners seem to improve with urbanization.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 7:24pm On May 07, 2017
mtis:
Am sorry but had to post this..

At Ijebu Ode yesterday(on my way to... grin), I ate rice with two flesh for 200 naira and I still bought some things on the way. When I got my destination, I still ate food. grin

My point is 1.8 dollars is equivalent to almost 500 naira.

If 89 million Nigerians are living below 500 naira per day,, it is because the cost of living is cheaper than the country comparing itself to Nigeria. grin

If that is not the case, starvation would have killed people. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 7:32pm On May 07, 2017
chkil0:

entertainement you talk about films, tv serie ? they use local language (algerian tunisian moroccan) , like most arab country the period rich in production is Ramadan ( the month of fasting in islamic calender) , because people watch tv at table during and after the dinner ! specialy Drama, humor productions , they use local algerian language , ! their is also theatres , one man show ect ... from french arabic tradition ! ( they use algerian , arabic and french also) , their is also french-algerian film producers in france who produce films in algeria with french language !

for berber language unfortunately I do not speak it i know only few words , but my fiancee speak it so i will learn soon smiley , berber language is spoken in the street in some region ( kabylie north-center-east algeria for exemple) , in other regions they speak local algerian ,
for pourcentage i dont know for morocco , tunisia dont have many berberophons , for algeria i would say 30% speak berber , ! they introduce kabyle language at primary middle school this last 10 years ! during my time it was not taught !

Ok i see.

With this current introduction of Kabyle in Algerian schools, does it mean that most Algerians will start speaking kabyle in the future?
Is there a sort of Berber identity resurrection or promotion among Algerians?

Is drinking alcohol, clubbing and partying allowed in Algeria? Is there any body or society for regulating extreme secularism in the country?

Also feel free to ask me any question about Nigeria, West Africa or SubSaharan Africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

The system might be good but look at this an tell me if its fair..

Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Zamfara -- Male (4) Female (2)

serious 2 vs 139.. grin grin 2 is closer to zero
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 7:36pm On May 07, 2017
Muafrika2:

Tanzanians are polite, slow and

The nerve of this guy angry
Lol, l know you do not like his tone, but l think l understand why he speaks this way, because growing up in my family we saw Tanzanian ITV in our cable stations, which was widespread then but saw and knew very little of Kenya and Ethiopia except the sportsmen who ran. The first time l saw pictures of Nairobi on the internet( in 2008) while reading about Obama, l was stunned. I also read in a magazine some time after that on how Bill Gates enjoyed his time in Kenya, and also this thread has enlightened me as well and l hope to visit kenya someday, not as a refugee or drug dealer though, lol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 07, 2017
freshest4live:

and l hope to visit someday, not as a refugee or drug dealer though, lol.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 7:43pm On May 07, 2017
forgiveness:

At Ijebu Ode yesterday(on my way to... grin), I ate rice with two flesh for 200 naira and I still bought some things on the way. When I got my destination, I still ate food. grin

My point is 1.8 dollars is equivalent to almost 500 naira.

If 89 million Nigerians are living below 500 naira per day,, it is because the cost of living is cheaper than the country comparing itself to Nigeria. grin

If that is not the case, starvation would have killed people. grin

@mtis.
Very true! ...The cost of living in Nigeria is very very cheap and coupled with that, most Nigerians are hardworking.
This is the reason why you will never hear of starvation in Nigeria (if not for Boko haram or any other political instability).
Core-northern Nigerians wouldn't have been deemed as poor people, if not for their illiteracy and over breeding. This is because they farm a lot and have excess of food.

In northern Nigerian villages and smaller towns, many people do not buy food, because they produce food in excess.

The Nigerian govt have refused to encourage farmers and villagers (northerners especially) with the necessary amenities in the rural areas and this is why it seems like they are poor people, but in the real sense, they are not.

My maternal grandmother who was an illiterate village farmer built good houses in the towns and trained about 7 children through school with her farming.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 7:51pm On May 07, 2017
mtis:

The system might be good but look at this an tell me if its fair..

Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Zamfara -- Male (4) Female (2)

serious 2 vs 139.. grin grin 2 is closer to zero

That's why i said it is fair and unfair at the same time.

In Anambra for example, 50,000 students (who are probably more intelligent and exposed) will apply, while in Zamfara only 5,000 students (who are less intelligent and exposed) will apply. And there are limited spaces.

If you don't protect the Zamfara students with such laws, they will have no space.

It's just like bringing students from Nairobi central area to compete with students from a village in Garissa. Is that fair?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:54pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

Middlebelters are closer to the south and we socialize with the south. We were influenced more by the south (our christian and liberal muslim nature also helped here). Gradually, we ourselves will start influencing the core-north.

If you look at the core-north, Kano, Kaduna and Katsina seem to be doing somewhat better or improving. This is because of the higher urbanization of these places.
Core-northerners seem to improve with urbanization.
That's true sha but the north is moving very slowly.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

That's why i said it is fair and unfair at the same time.

In Anambra for example, 50,000 students (who are probably more intelligent and exposed) will apply, while in Zamfara only 5,000 students (who are less intelligent and exposed) will apply. And there are limited spaces.

If you don't protect the Zamfara students with such laws, they will have no space.

It's just like bringing students from Nairobi central area to compete with students from a village in Garissa. Is that fair?
We used to have something like that in Kenya (dont know if its still there) but my issue is on the cut out..what does 2 represent..in our case i believe if Nairobi was 300 points Garissa would be 200 not like 100 or 50..anyway how comes you alot about Kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 8:05pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

@mtis.
Very true! ...The cost of living in Nigeria is very very cheap and coupled with that, most Nigerians are hardworking.
This is the reason why you will never hear of starvation in Nigeria (if not for Boko haram or any other political instability).
Core-northern Nigerians wouldn't have been deemed as poor people, if not for their illiteracy and over breeding. This is because they farm a lot and have excess of food.

In northern Nigerian villages and smaller towns, many people do not buy food, because they produce food in excess.

The Nigerian govt have refused to encourage farmers and villagers (northerners especially) with the necessary amenities in the rural areas and this is why it seems like they are poor people, but in the real sense, they are not.

My maternal grandmother who was an illiterate village farmer built good houses in the towns and trained about 7 children through school with her farming.

There is no doubt Nigeria is a poor country when compared to its European counterparts but food is relatively cheap and affordable, and majority are farmers who doesn't need money to buy food. grin

The only way out of poverty is for every state to control its resources.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:06pm On May 07, 2017
Many Southern Nigerians enjoy insulting and mocking Northern Nigerians because they are ignorant and don't understand that the cultures and terrain of the North are not the same with the south.

See the way most southern Nigerians have abandoned farming and have all migrated to the cities to form posh and civilized. If all Northerners behaved that way, i swear, Nigerians would starve.
Northern Nigeria is still the reason why Nigeria is not importing tomatoes, Onions, Potatoes, Beans, Groundnut, Carrots, Cucumbers and many other foodstuffs.
The pressure on northerners is now becoming too much, and many have started leaving farming to the cities too. Nigerian govt must act fast and do something about this, if not, the kind of food scarcity, starvation and food importation that will hit Nigeria will be terrible.

Am i saying the truth or not?
@Maduawuchukwu, 9jakool, freshest4live, forgiveness, uzzyfire, iblawi, shervydman, shaytun, Obi1kenobi
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:11pm On May 07, 2017
forgiveness:

There is no doubt Nigeria is a country when compared to its European counterparts but food is relatively cheap and affordable, and majority are farmers who doesn't need money to buy food. grin

The only way out of poverty is for every state to control its resources.
I guess one of the advantages of the North is that they are the food belt of the nation, for the Yoruba it's their love for education, while the igbos are very productive people and we south south nor dey carry last. Every state and tribe if controlled by their Governors properly have advantages for omo Naija. God bless Naija.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 07, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ok i see.

With this current introduction of Kabyle in Algerian schools, does it mean that most Algerians will start speaking kabyle in the future?
Is there a sort of Berber identity resurrection or promotion among Algerians?

Is drinking alcohol, clubbing and partying allowed in Algeria? Is there any body or society for regulating extreme secularism in the country?

Also feel free to ask me any question about Nigeria, West Africa or SubSaharan Africa.

kabyle school classes are optional , but this last years kabyle language is promoted , So many Algerians will little by little relearn their ancestral language.

for secularism algeria , According to the law, islam is the official religion of the state and constitution protects religious freedom , so drinking alcohol in the street or in public is forbidden ! but their is Liquor stores, bars and nightclubs ! to resume you can drink eat during ramadan, party in nightclubs ect ... just don t do it in public to not disturb others , drink at your home or in bars , hotels or isolated place no one will talk to you ! i think its the same for tunisia morrocco !

for subsahara question its not my first account here in nairaland , and i m in subsaharians forums , web site for more then 10 years grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.