Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,177 members, 7,849,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6266732 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7473) (7474) (7475) (7476) (7477) (7478) (7479) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:59am On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei:
over here it talks about 3% of Ghana's population of 31 million being white Europeans buh trust me,they're way more than that.I know what am talking about. There are 20 million Ghanaian citizens out of tge 31 million total population of Ghana. The rest are hardly accounted for.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Ghana
This problem of not knowing where the other 10 million people comes from is what the National Identification Authority is supposed to solve

If not for COVID, by now, we would have a clear idea.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leo552: 10:09am On May 14, 2020
samorobo:

It has been signed since how many years but yet nothing..the only thing you have to show for it is the crayon marked road on Thika highway grin
Learn from Lagos,Abuja, Enugu,Kano, joburg, Capetown, Kigali,Dar...BRT is essential and very convenient trust me.... matatu is just some crazy, drunken madness display on the road...a nuisance if I am to suffice it..
@Samorobo,i agree with you,the delay has been there,transport ministry aren't proactive in this project but finally it will take off,there was no tender signed before,as we speak the contractor would mobilize in any time after this pandemic.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:09am On May 14, 2020
Austine1212:

IDENTITY NUMBER is your identity
Here
names are not just names

Surnames can trace a family tree

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kevomtaani: 10:17am On May 14, 2020
Just30:
Here
names are not just names

Surnames can trace a family tree

that's exactly why we still maintain family names. But with south Africa's history you can understand where he is coming from because of the colonization process which is to rob one off their identity and south Africa suffered the most.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:17am On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei:
Ashanti is not an ethnic group buh a subset tribe.Ashantis belong to the Akan ethnic group which makes up 49% of Ghanaians.In Ghana there are 20 million Ghanaian citizens out of the 30 million population. In Ghana there's nothing like citizen by birth and acquiring citizens by naturalization is very difficult. So the millions of foreigners who live in Ghana are mostly without proper documentation.

The country has account for only 20 million citizens .Example is the millions of Nigerians currently in Ghana who had been in the country since 19th centuries buh were still not legally Ghanaians thus Ghana deporting over 200 thousand Nigerians in 1969 although they knew no family back in nigeria and lived all their lives as Ghanaians.

Europeans,Lebanese, Koreans,Chinese, Japanese, Americans are in their millions in Ghana with many of them knowing no other country aside Ghana buh the constitution still refer to them as aliens. Take this Korean for example, she's lived all her life in Ghana and same for her mother and grandparents that she sees Ghana as home buh Ghana still see her as a foreigner. The last time Ghana had a population census was in 2010 and Ghana recorded 26 million population buh just 20 million of them hold citizenship as at now that our population is estimated to be 30 million. So over 10 million people in Ghana are not Ghanaians by law.Over 3% of them are mainly white British Europeans.Nigerians make up over 5 million, the rest are Americans, and Asians. 600,000 foreigners registered for permanent residency permits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKh6b1vS0r8

But your government says population is ~30m

On your last cencus yall were 23m with fertility rate of 3.3 p/y it proves ghana population in 2020 is around 30m

But anyway

3 percent of 10m is around 300 000, im just saying
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:19am On May 14, 2020
Sure
kevomtaani:

that's exactly why we still maintain family names. But with south Africa's history you can understand where he is coming from because of the colonization process which is to rob one off their identity and south Africa suffered the most.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 10:19am On May 14, 2020
Just30:
This problem of not knowing where the other 10 million people comes from is what the National Identification Authority is supposed to solve

If not for COVID, by now, we would have a clear idea.
that's if they will register. Majority of these foreigners see it as an advantage to not get registered buh living in the country comfortably because hardly will you be deported for not having proper documentation and most of these foreigners still see themselves as Ghanaians although legally, they're not Ghanaians. So it will take something very huge and special to identify these 10 million foreigners living in Ghana.NIA is too formal a process to bring them out of their homes

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:20am On May 14, 2020
kevomtaani:

A family tree can be traced even with name change.

Yall tend to think SA has lost culture

South Africans are open minded, cultures evolves with time

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by sherlock229(m): 10:27am On May 14, 2020
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kevomtaani: 10:29am On May 14, 2020
Austine1212:

South Africans haven't Lost culture, south Africans have lost identity. I was shocked in the eastern cape you find black people with boer names including surnames.. meaning ding ding ding family identity gone.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 10:36am On May 14, 2020
Austine1212:

But your government says population is ~30m

On your last cencus yall were 23m with fertility rate of 3.3 p/y it proves ghana population in 2020 is around 30m

But anyway

3 percent of 10m is around 300 000, im just saying
it's 3% of the 30 million population which gives you about 1 million white Europeans. This is separate from the 700,000 permanent residency permits issued by the immigration. Why is it a big deal to find more than 2 million white Europeans living in Ghana.These Europeans had been living in Ghana since 1471 which is way before Europeans even settled in Southern Africa. The only thing hampering their mass migration into then Gold Coast was the harsh weather conditions and the rebellious nature of some Kingdoms in then Gold Coast buh aside that they found everything normal including the mass reserve of gold in the land.When Nkrumah gained independence, millions of them were living in Ghana then buh due to the extreme political ideology of pan africanism,many of them had to return back to Europe and Nkrumah decided to welcome more African migrants than these Europeans. Buh since Nkrumah left some of them returned and now account for more than a million of the population buh the constitution still regard them as foreigners. Take Ernesto Taraconi who's a billionaire,owns trassaco estate and many businesses all in Ghana. His family has been in Ghana since 1800s till now and he's still considered as an Italian by the constitution buh he was born and raised in Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by sherlock229(m): 10:36am On May 14, 2020
Justnotyou:
Moipei Quartet from southern Kenya, ethnic Maasai

Kikuyu1 you should wonder no more where modern Kambas, Taitas, chagga & Kikuyus get their Horner/west Eurasian genes from.
they're some Eurasia admixture in some Nigerian groups too like Yorubas but very ancient

Check this out if you like
a novel signal of ancient (>7.5 ky) Eurasian admixture in the Yoruba of Central West Africa ( Gurdasani et al., 2014).
https://elifesciences.org/articles/15266

anyways some hot Yoruba girls . Yorubas are very diverse and can spot every kind phetoypes.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:46am On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei:
that's if they will register. Majority of these foreigners see it as an advantage to not get registered buh living in the country comfortably because hardly will you be deported for not having proper documentation and most of these foreigners still see themselves as Ghanaians although legally, they're not Ghanaians. So it will take something very huge and special to identify these 10 million foreigners living in Ghana.NIA is too formal a process to bring them out of their homes
They have no idea what is install

They can refuse to register
But after the process is over, they wont be able to do anything in this country without it.

A lot of people will be deported because of they not having the card.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:52am On May 14, 2020
rvp2018:
I agree with you. Kikuyus are bantus (at least half of them) while Maasai are nilotes - and their closest relatives are Lotuko who occupy Juba South Sudan. Lotuko and Maasai language is very close to be one language.Maasai nearest cousins are Turkanas, Iteso and Toposa and Eastern South Sudanase and they came to kenya together.

Kenya migration is pretty easy.

The aboriginal were here - never left. They are part of Khoisan and speak click language. Some bantus like Xhosa down south have adapted part of their language but generally, they were so weak, they got assimilated.

Most people apart from Khoisans - hunter & gatherers - lived along river beds - because of agriculture & few domesticated animals - pastoralism not really began.

The next wave of migration to kenya was by 2 groups - proto-Kalenjin and proto-southern Kushites (oromos+somalis). Kalenjin were northmost of other nilotes - and lived around current Khartoum - the Luos and related (dinka, nuer, etc) just below them - and Maasai and related below in Juba - while the Kushites lived not far up around the Kush. This was pre-Christianity times. They went through Ethiopia eventually to East Africa all way down to Tanzania. Kushites would later split into Oromos and Somalis.

The next wave of migration was Bantus. Coming from Cameroon/Nigeria border they quickly spread thanks to their newly discovered Iron technology (probably copied from Nigeria or Chad) as they forged tools to cultivate and hack through forests. This was a massive migration that happened very quickly - as Bantus conquered the territories previously occupied by Khoisans in Central, South and East Africa. There is very little genetic or language diversity between bantus...because of the rapid migration.

The next wave of migration in Kenya was nilotes - Maasai, Turkanas and later the Luos. The Maasai arrival was momentous. They basically took territory quickly from north of Kenya to south of Tanzania. Only getting stopped by Zulu breakaway Ngonis.

Because the Maasai were very populous (largest tribe in Kenya) and had fighting spirits never seen before - many attempted to befriend them - and so even kidnapped maasai kids.Maasai also took in nearly every tribe as wives or kidnapped kids. This was true for many communities - not only the Kikuyus.The Maasai came from the theatre of war somewhere in South Sudan together with their cousins - turkanas, Iteso, taposa and those in Ethiopia - and later Luos (Luos lived north - near current Sudan) - and all were possibly escaping forced Islamization and slave trades from Arab and Nubians....and mostly thanks to acquisition of new breed of hardy zebu cows from India.

The last people to migrate to kenya was colonizing Europeans and their lanky Asians...and of course Nubians.

Srsly,rvp2018-after all this time?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 11:03am On May 14, 2020
kevomtaani:

Finally someone who writes factual history, point of correction there were a few nilotic and cushitic people in kenya and east Africa prior to the bantu expansion. they were easily conquered or assimilated by the bantus especially around the mountain regions. mt Kenya and kilimanjaro. Fyi kalenjin also come from the warrior nilotic tribe it's only that they adapted to the bantu way of life and became farmers like their neighbors. The maasai have a disgust towards agriculture and even called kalenjin and other warrior tribes who started farming derogatory names. the kikuyu people and to a larger extent Mt Kenya people have less bantu blood than other bantus in the country simply because of mixing with both nilotes and cushites and during colonialism they mixed with Indians fyi they brought syphilis to kikuyu land and also Europeans. typical kikuyu dna would show 40-50%percent bantu or 40-50%nilotic DNA. 10-20%Somali or cushitic DNA and 1-10% European/asian/arab DNA varying on region of course.

the poster Kikuyu usually has good points but unfortunately is a sucker for conspiracies and this erases some of his points.

Dude,you have your opinion. I have mine usually with links and sources that doesn't agree with yours. I've been doing this for a while and while I say I don't have all the answers I know what I know.
Convince me with evidence and I'll change my mind: until then let's agree to disagree.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 11:13am On May 14, 2020
TayserMahri:
Sammy, Kilifi County Covid-19 complex built from scratch

Kilifi County has managed to keep its coronavirus cases constant at 11, all thanks to quick social interventions and rapid contact tracing

I saw it on iG before now. It is nice

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:19am On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei:
it's 3% of the 30 million population which gives you about 1 million white Europeans. This is separate from the 700,000 permanent residency permits issued by the immigration. Why is it a big deal to find more than 2 million white Europeans living in Ghana.These Europeans had been living in Ghana since 1471 which is way before Europeans even settled in Southern Africa. The only thing hampering their mass migration into then Gold Coast was the harsh weather conditions and the rebellious nature of some Kingdoms in then Gold Coast buh aside that they found everything normal including the mass reserve of gold in the land.When Nkrumah gained independence, millions of them were living in Ghana then buh due to the extreme political ideology of pan africanism,many of them had to return back to Europe and Nkrumah decided to welcome more African migrants than these Europeans. Buh since Nkrumah left some of them returned and now account for more than a million of the population buh the constitution still regard them as foreigners. Take Ernesto Taraconi who's a billionaire,owns trassaco estate and many businesses all in Ghana. His family has been in Ghana since 1800s till now and he's still considered as an Italian by the constitution buh he was born and raised in Ghana.

There is no 2 million white people in ghana

Where is your proof?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:24am On May 14, 2020
kevomtaani:

South Africans haven't Lost culture, south Africans have lost identity. I was shocked in the eastern cape you find black people with boer names including surnames.. meaning ding ding ding family identity gone.

Its from the coloured community, khoisan people, you should know that SA has large malay people thou they ąre classified colored

What is identity according to you?

Why were you shocked when there are millions of white people,? intermarriage

What were youyou doing in SA?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 11:24am On May 14, 2020
Austine1212:

I think it's just you. How do you feel about the equal rights movement in South Africa?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 11:25am On May 14, 2020
[quote author=kevomtaani post=89528977][/quote]

see now why it's unfair when someone whitewashes history, first there's no such thing as kikuyu from Ethiopia or from Israel as Kikuyu puts it

That's the 2nd time you've accused me of whitewashing. Fyi, you don't know anyone on the net- don't impute motives!
It took generations for proto Kyukes to get her from Egypt: mixing ofc occurred along the way. There was a later migration from N Ethiopia to these parts early 1200s but imo they were a completely new and distinct immigrant group.
Kikuyus and Kaos were among the early ME Bantu population. I had a post where terms for Mesopotamian spirits were shown to be IDENTICAL to todays Kao vocabulary.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:32am On May 14, 2020
gallivant:

I think it's just you. How do you feel about the equal rights movement in South Africa?

Equal rights movement ive never heard of that
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kevomtaani: 11:37am On May 14, 2020
kikuyu1:

Dude,you have your opinion. I have mine usually with links and sources that doesn't agree with yours. I[b]'ve been doing this for a while and while I say I don't have all the answers I know what I know.[/b]
Convince me with evidence and I'll change my mind: until then let's agree to disagree.

that is exactly what I'm saying, you have conspiracies as your mantra and unfortunately you attach emotions to them also.
There is nowhere you stated with proof about origin of kikuyus. Kikuyus like all the other bantus by nature were farmers and being farmers they would settle on the most fertile parts of Africa which happens to be central and to some extent west of Africa. that's the bantu origin period science and historical evidence has pointed time and time again.

You started with saying there's a pact between kikuyu, tutsi. nyankole for the domination of east Africa then you changed tact again and called the tutsis black nazis, then again you said kikuyus used a route called njera ya bacii and now kikuyus originated from Some region in Ethiopia?? apparently kuyu kuyu is that what you called it? as someone who has serious interest in history and human genealogy I had to call you out on whitewashing of our history me being kikuyu myself. Europeans came and classified africans wrongly they gave afro asiatic languages and cultures superiority over the rest and I can't forget the Jewish aspect associated with those cultures and as per European religion it basically says Jewish people are God's chosen so I'm not surprised by people like you swallowing that kool aid and wanting to associate with that.heck you ain't the only one even some igbos have drank from the same koolaid cup as you.

the evidence is in my DNA which I did a test and posted the results here. and I'm 100%kikuyu.
this are not opinions but facts whitewashing of history doesn't change the fact that kikuyu are a bantu people and it's very easy to tell where bantus originate from like it's very easy to tell nilotes originated from Egypt and surrounding northern states. heck even tutsis would be 100%bantu by now if it wasn't for European interruptions. that was bantus biggest strength,a strong community,organised leadership and intermarriage.

I repeat again you do make valid points until you put on your tinfoil hat..

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kevomtaani: 11:43am On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei:

I have lived and worked in Ghana, Ghana doesn't have a high number of Europeans living there heck Ghana doesn't have a high number of European tourists, so when you say 3% of Ghana's population being white I have denied vehemently.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:45am On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei:

Ghana Demographics
More than 98% of Ghanans are Black Africans, although the country is very multiethnic. The Ashanti people are the largest ethnic group in Ghana. Until the 10th century BC, most of Ghana was uninhabited by humans. By the 10th century AD, the Ashantis had established a settlement in the area and were later joined by others in the 16th century.

Major ethnic groups in Ghana include: Akan (47.5%), Dagbani (17%), Ewe (14%), Ga-Adangbe (7%), Gurma (6%), Guan (4%), Gurunsi (2.5%), and Bissa (1%).

There are about 375,000 registered legal permanent residents in Ghana as well as foreign workers and students.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:48am On May 14, 2020
This is an ethnic demographic and not racial demographic
mtisTheQubit:

Ghana Demographics
More than 98% of Ghanans are Black Africans, although the country is very multiethnic. The Ashanti people are the largest ethnic group in Ghana. Until the 10th century BC, most of Ghana was uninhabited by humans. By the 10th century AD, the Ashantis had established a settlement in the area and were later joined by others in the 16th century.

Major ethnic groups in Ghana include: Akan (47.5%), Dagbani (17%), Ewe (14%), Ga-Adangbe (7%), Gurma (6%), Guan (4%), Gurunsi (2.5%), and Bissa (1%).

There are about 375,000 registered legal permanent residents in Ghana as well as foreign workers and students.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:49am On May 14, 2020
Justnotyou:
TayserMahris ex, Mtis' side bun, Tylanns main...

grin grin
any Tayser ex not in my list..maybe mufasa might accept but not me.. She is cute though cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:52am On May 14, 2020
TayserMahri:

Cleopatra genes spotted. Gracious woman! shocked shocked
As always, mtis and tyllan use what I dashed grin
you wish.. grin grin may be mufasa cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:55am On May 14, 2020
Just30:
This is an ethnic demographic and not racial demographic

racially 98% of Ghana is Black according to what i have posted...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Justnotyou: 11:58am On May 14, 2020
sherlock229:
they're some Eurasia admixture in some Nigerian groups too like Yorubas but very ancient

Check this out if you like
a novel signal of ancient (>7.5 ky) Eurasian admixture in the Yoruba of Central West Africa ( Gurdasani et al., 2014).
https://elifesciences.org/articles/15266

anyways some hot Yoruba girls . Yorubas are very diverse and can spot every kind phetoypes.

Interesting...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Justnotyou: 11:58am On May 14, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

grin grin
any Tayser ex not in my list..maybe mufasa might accept but not me.. She is cute though cheesy

grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Carmit(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei post=89532557o:
it's 3% of the 30 million population which gives you about 1 million white Europeans.
Bro hold up a bit.. If there is really a population of over 700k distinct foreigners then they would largely be visible don't you think? Like there wouldn't be needing for stats cos it would be evident even on the streets right?
One million isn't a small population figure at all when the Ghanaian population is considered.
With the Indians in Nigerian school you'd think there were more than a million but they are just over 200k.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kevomtaani: 12:00pm On May 14, 2020
kikuyu1:

That's the 2nd time you've accused me of whitewashing. Fyi, you don't know anyone on the net- don't impute motives!
It took generations for proto Kyukes to get her from Egypt: mixing ofc occurred along the way. There was a later migration from N Ethiopia to these parts early 1200s but imo they were a completely new and distinct immigrant group.
Kikuyus and Kaos were among the early ME Bantu population. I had a post where terms for Mesopotamian spirits were shown to be IDENTICAL to todays Kao vocabulary.

Dude I consider you to be clever like all conspiracy theorists. But this is all hogwash no bantu tribes were in northern Africa, absolutely no bantu tribes were in ME.
why would farmers bother with dry and unpredictable climates in those areas?
The reason why some kambas settled in dry regions is because of intermarriage with khoisan like tribes who were hunter gatherers. And where does honey come from in kenya? those areas right..
if there were bantu groups in ME, or north Africa or even Ethiopia wouldn't there be some people still left? or they migrated all of them? Bantu groups are the complete majority in central Africa and you still have Bantu tribes in west Africa who infact have kept there cultures pointing directly to the origins of the bantus as a whole to be this region. please for your sake stop whitewashing history. you will undermine the achievement of your people in doing so by attaching your people to another culture which you have been fed over time and time again and you are trying to feed us with this b.s

(1) (2) (3) ... (7473) (7474) (7475) (7476) (7477) (7478) (7479) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.