Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,145 members, 7,849,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6266388 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7474) (7475) (7476) (7477) (7478) (7479) (7480) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 12:00pm On May 14, 2020
Austine1212:

There is no 2 million white people in ghana

Where is your proof?
i don't need to explain further cos i already did and you claim you don't trust Wikipedia so i have nothing else to explain.Your source is false. Firstly, Ashanti is not an ethnic group, secondly,Ashanti is not the largest ethnic group in Ghana and Ashanti were not settled in Ghana during the 10th century, in fact the Ashanti Kingdom was established around 1700s.Also Ghanaians make up 20 million out of 30 million people living in Ghana .So tell me,who are the 10 million foreigners. Ghana accommodates more than 2 million white Europeans buh we don't acknowledge them as Ghanaians. Same for the Americans,Lebanese, Asians,and other Africans living in Ghana.Note,am an Ashanti, read history in school,done a lot of research and know what am talking about. Although i call those large white population living in Ghana as unfortunate, it's still a fact.If you want to see the white population, go to Osu,Cantonmemts,East Legon,Haatso,Airport city and its estates, Accra Ridge or North Ridge,Roman Ridge,etc and you will see these Europeans who are not just tourists buh live,drive,shop,walk around these towns or communities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 14, 2020
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:01pm On May 14, 2020
What you posted oonly listed the share of the population according to Ethnic groups

it has nothing to do with the race or colour of complexion
mtisTheQubit:

racially 98% of Ghana is Black according to what i have posted...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Carmit(m): 12:03pm On May 14, 2020
sherlock229:
they're some Eurasia admixture in some Nigerian groups too like Yorubas but very ancient

Check this out if you like
a novel signal of ancient (>7.5 ky) Eurasian admixture in the Yoruba of Central West Africa ( Gurdasani et al., 2014).
https://elifesciences.org/articles/15266

anyways some hot Yoruba girls . Yorubas are very diverse and can spot every kind phetoypes.
Well the emboldened is new to me. shocked

But Yoruba girls are beautiful and THICK.
if you know what I mean..... wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 14, 2020
Just30:
What you posted oonly listed the share of the population according to Ethnic groups

it has nothing to do with the race or colour of complexion

so a census was done an found 30 millions souls..of ths 98% were black so what's so complex about ths..there are no 2 million whites folks in Ghana please..do they live in caves or what..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 12:05pm On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei:
i don't need to explain further cos i already did and you claim you don't trust Wikipedia so i have nothing else to explain.Your source is false. Firstly, Ashanti is not an ethnic group, secondly,Ashanti is not the largest ethnic group in Ghana and Ashanti were not settled in Ghana during the 10th century, in fact the Ashanti Kingdom was established around 1700s.Also Ghanaians make up 20 million out of 30 million people living in Ghana .So tell me,who are the 10 million foreigners. Ghana accommodates more than 2 million white Europeans buh we don't acknowledge them as Ghanaians. Same for the Americans,Lebanese, Asians,and other Africans living in Ghana.Note,am an Ashanti, read history in school,done a lot of research and know what am talking about. Although i call those large white population living in Ghana as unfortunate, it's still a fact.If you want to see the white population, go to Osu,Cantonmemts,East Legon,Haatso,Airport city and its estates, Accra Ridge or North Ridge,Roman Ridge,etc and you will see these Europeans who are not just tourists buh live,drive,shop,walk around these towns or communities.

U said in ur earlier post that there's nothing like citizenship by birth in Ghana..

I'm lost here... How does that work??

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 12:06pm On May 14, 2020
kevomtaani:

I have lived and worked in Ghana, Ghana doesn't have a high number of Europeans living there heck Ghana doesn't have a high number of European tourists, so when you say 3% of Ghana's population being white I have denied vehemently.
You haven't lived in Ghana, I can confidently tell from that hogwash view of yours. there are Ghanaian -Arabs with European decent . infact Ghana has the largest population of Arabs in west Africa( Google the factl) . Ghana first president marry an Egyptian Arab.

And i might also says Ghana has the largest concentration of mulatto children in west Africa. Ghana former president has a Scottish father ( Jerry rawlings) the Ghanaian diplomat heading the UNO Africa headquarter ( Nairobi) also has Hungarian mother. Hannah tetteh. etc...

Europeans has been in Ghana since 14 century, that is way before kenya . i.e from Portuguese to the British.....many of them feathered many children who are presently Ghanaian today. you will find them in cape coast, elimina and some area of western region.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 12:07pm On May 14, 2020
Carmit:

Well the emboldened is new to me. shocked

But Yoruba girls are beautiful and THICK.
if you know what I mean..... wink

Bad man grin.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:10pm On May 14, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

so a census was done an found 30 millions souls..of ths 98% were black so what's so complex about ths..there are no 2 million whites folks in Ghana please..do they live in caves or what..
No census has been done yet

the last census was 2010
The current census has been cancelled because of COVID

There are more than 2 million Lebanese, Europeans,Indians and co who have been in Ghana for over 300 years.

They live in Places like Achimota, Haatso, Legon and co
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Carmit(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

Bad man grin.

Lol bro no loud am. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Carmit(m): 12:14pm On May 14, 2020
Just30:

the last census was 2010

There are more than 2 million Lebanese, Europeans,Indians and co who have been in Ghana for over 300 years.

That right there is the clarity we seek.
Not 2 million Europeans... But 2 million diverse races.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 12:14pm On May 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

U said in ur earlier post that there's nothing like citizenship by birth in Ghana..

Actually it is the same in Nigeria. you can only become a citizens by decent. which means one of the child parent must be a Nigerian.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 12:14pm On May 14, 2020
Carmit:

Bro hold up a bit.. If there is really a population of over 700k distinct foreigners then they would largely be visible don't you think? Like there wouldn't be needing for stats cos it would be evident even on the streets right?
One million isn't a small population figure at all when the Ghanaian population is considered.
With the Indians in Nigerian school you'd think there were more than a million but they are just over 200k.
They're very visible if you go to these towns or communities i mentioned earlier such as Osu,Cantonmemts, Airport City and Estates,Labone,North Ridge,Roman Ridge,East and West Legon,Haatso,etc and you will find these Europeans driving,jogging,walking, shopping, working, hanging out,etc with their families or pals buh the reason why they're not seen mostly is they're not considered Ghanaians so they don't publicly participate in any major activity although most of them have lived all their lives in Ghana and Ghana is a laid back country and these people tend to adopt this laid back attitude.

You might go into any of these towns just in Accra I listed and you will be shocked to find the number of Europeans in these towns. Legally,there are 20 million Ghanaians in Ghana out of the 30 million population in Ghana. So 10 million foreigners live in Ghana with no proper documentations .Just 700,000 have been registered with permanent residency permits thus the beginning of registration of everyone in the country. The government has spent more than 1 billion dollars on that National Identification card project which began last year.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:15pm On May 14, 2020
In Ghana, Citizenship by birth is only recognised if one of your parents is Ghanaian

There is a popular Supreme Court ruling on it.

It is a Dicey thing that got someone stripped of a ministerial role because both of his parents were from Burkina Faso or so
Danielnino00:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Justnotyou: 12:15pm On May 14, 2020
rvp2018:
I agree with you. Kikuyus are bantus (at least half of them) while Maasai are nilotes - and their closest relatives are Lotuko who occupy Juba South Sudan. Lotuko and Maasai language is very close to be one language.Maasai nearest cousins are Turkanas, Iteso and Toposa and Eastern South Sudanase and they came to kenya together

True.

rvp2018:
Kenya migration is pretty easy.

The aboriginal were here - never left. They are part of Khoisan and speak click language. Some bantus like Xhosa down south have adapted part of their language but generally, they were so weak, they got assimilated.

Most people apart from Khoisans - hunter & gatherers - lived along river beds - because of agriculture & few domesticated animals - pastoralism not really began.

The next wave of migration to kenya was by 2 groups - proto-Kalenjin and proto-southern Kushites (oromos+somalis). Kalenjin were northmost of other nilotes - and lived around current Khartoum - the Luos and related (dinka, nuer, etc) just below them - and Maasai and related below in Juba - while the Kushites lived not far up around the Kush. This was pre-Christianity times. They went through Ethiopia eventually to East Africa all way down to Tanzania. Kushites would later split into Oromos and Somalis.

The next wave of migration was Bantus. Coming from Cameroon/Nigeria border they quickly spread thanks to their newly discovered Iron technology (probably copied from Nigeria or Chad) as they forged tools to cultivate and hack through forests. This was a massive migration that happened very quickly - as Bantus conquered the territories previously occupied by Khoisans in Central, South and East Africa. There is very little genetic or language diversity between bantus...because of the rapid migration.

The next wave of migration in Kenya was nilotes - Maasai, Turkanas and later the Luos. The Maasai arrival was momentous. They basically took territory quickly from north of Kenya to south of Tanzania. Only getting stopped by Zulu breakaway Ngonis.

Because the Maasai were very populous (largest tribe in Kenya) and had fighting spirits never seen before - many attempted to befriend them - and so even kidnapped maasai kids.Maasai also took in nearly every tribe as wives or kidnapped kids. This was true for many communities - not only the Kikuyus.The Maasai came from the theatre of war somewhere in South Sudan together with their cousins - turkanas, Iteso, taposa and those in Ethiopia - and later Luos (Luos lived north - near current Sudan) - and all were possibly escaping forced Islamization and slave trades from Arab and Nubians....and mostly thanks to acquisition of new breed of hardy zebu cows from India

The migrations were like you've explained but the Luos made several early attempts of reaching Kenya through Turkana but evidently they weren't as successful, the Khoisan groups also migrated from the region but not before mixing with early Eurasians who had a back migration to North East Africa like the Mota samples found in Ethiopia that's why they all still have certain Eurasian genetic markers. Luos still live in Sudan, the shilluk are the northern most nilotes & are pure Luo speakers.

rvp2018:
The last people to migrate to kenya was colonizing Europeans and their lanky Asians...and of course Nubians
you're forgetting the Nigerian igbo/yoruba click of roysambu grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 12:15pm On May 14, 2020
Just30:

the last census was 2010

it is not cancelled bro but postponed.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:18pm On May 14, 2020
An indefinite postponement is basically a cancellation because the factor on which it will be allowed to go on is unpredictable
vaxx:
it is not cancelled bro but postponed.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mzal3ndo(m): 12:22pm On May 14, 2020
Austine1212:

Lol �

Ill let it slide
Don’t have to. WHO aren’t optimistic that the virus will go away. How long will you restrict movement
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 12:23pm On May 14, 2020
Just30:
An indefinite postponement is basically a cancellation because the factor on which it will be allowed to go on is unpredictable
let's fold our hands and see. it is a digital exercise . it shouldn't be a biggie unless there is less adequate amount of preparation.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 14, 2020
chrisagyei:
They're very visible if you go to these towns or communities i mentioned earlier such as Osu,Cantonmemts, Airport City and Estates,Labone,North Ridge,Roman Ridge,East and West Legon,Haatso,etc and you will find these Europeans driving,jogging,walking, shopping, working, hanging out,etc with their families or pals buh the reason why they're not seen mostly is they're not considered Ghanaians so they don't publicly participate in any major activity although most of them have lived all their lives in Ghana and Ghana is a laid back country and these people tend to adopt this laid back attitude.

You might go into any of these towns just in Accra I listed and you will be shocked to find the number of Europeans in these towns. Legally,there are 20 million Ghanaians in Ghana out of the 30 million population in Ghana. So 10 million foreigners live in Ghana with no proper documentations .Just 700,000 have been registered with permanent residency permits thus the beginning of registration of everyone in the country. The government has spent more than 1 billion dollars on that National Identification card project which began last year.
how do you know there are 30 million people living in ghana an 10 million are are foreigners..give us alink bro

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kevomtaani: 12:30pm On May 14, 2020
Austine1212:

Its from the coloured community, khoisan people, you should know that SA has large malay people thou they ąre classified colored

What is identity according to you?

Why were you shocked when there are millions of white people,? intermarriage

What were youyou doing in SA?
I was being trained by a south African company that wanted to expand to other parts of Africa. so they brought us all to the cape. eventually the company moved its headquarters to centurion.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:34pm On May 14, 2020
Any attempt to carry it out while COVID is ravaging will lead to series of lawsuits
just like how the Electoral Commission and The NationaL Identification Authority has faced has face series of injections and suit threats
vaxx:
let's fold our hands and see. it is a digital exercise . it shouldn't be a biggie unless there is less adequate amount of preparation.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 14, 2020
Just30:

the last census was 2010

can i have a link to proof the 2 million foreigners..some could be Nigerians you know... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 12:37pm On May 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

They're not citizens buh foreigners. Example is the rohingya community in Myanmar who has lived in Myanmar for centuries buh legally,Myanmar do not consider them as citizens thus they try to force them out.Same as Ghana buh we don't force them out..

Millions of these Europeans have been in Ghana before independence buh the constitution still regard them as foreigners even though they're born and raised in Ghana.To be qualified as a Ghanaian before independence, there're five major ethnic groups known as Ga-Adangbe(natives of Accra and Tema),Akans(which includes the Ashantis,coastal regions and middle belt),Dagombas(Northern parts of Ghana)Guans(first inhabitants in Ghana),Ewes(Far eastern parts if Ghana).Then there's mini ethnic groups who are considered altogether as natives.All these groups became automatic citizens of the newly independent Ghana and thus any one who's not part of these ethnic groups were considered foreigners or aliens or non Ghanaians no matter the number of centuries they have lived in Ghana.

This law has greatly affected the Yourubas for example who migrated to then Gold Coast in 1800s,the Europeans who have lived in Gold Coast since 1470s,Lebanese who had migrated to Ghana in early 1900s,Brazilians who returned back as former slaves were all cut out.So these groups of foreigners still live in Ghana in their millions buh they're not considered as Ghanaians and even if you're born in Ghana and not part of these special ethnic natives of Ghana,you will still not be a Ghanaian.

So currently, out of the 30 million population of Ghana,just 20 million people of them are considered legally as Ghanaian citizens with the 10 million population cut out buh they still live here and somehow see themselves as Ghanaians because many of them have lost routes to their real origins or countries.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kevomtaani: 12:38pm On May 14, 2020
vaxx:
You haven't lived in Ghana, I can confidently tell from that hogwash view of yours. there are Ghanaian -Arabs with European decent . infact Ghana has the largest population of Arabs in west Africa( Google the factl) . Ghana first president marry an Egyptian Arab.

And i might also says Ghana has the largest concentration of mullato children in west Africa. Ghana former president has a Scottish father ( Jerry rawlings) the Ghanaian diplomat heading the UNO Africa headquarter ( Nairobi) also has Hungarian mother. Hannah tetteh. etc...

Europeans has been in Ghana since 14 century, that is way before kenya . i.e from Portuguese to the British.....many of them father many children who are presently Ghanaian today. you will find them in cape coast, elimina and some area of western region.

I have lived and worked in Ghana for one whole year this is not an argument bro. the only way I can prove that is by posting pictures and I'm not going to do that in a faceless forum.

Anyways I worked in Tema harbor during it's expansion in 2013, I lived there designed some of the facilities there ask me anything about the harbor, I designed even the duty free shops there. And fyi there were no large European communities claiming to be even 3rd generation ghanaians Lebanese as with the rest of west Africa are present. So yes Ghana is multi ethnic but to call it cosmopolitan it's a stretch. There aren't over two million non-black people in Ghana

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:38pm On May 14, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

how do you know there are 30 million people living in ghana an 10 million are are foreigners..give us alink bro
Because of previous Census, living standard surveys and migration trends.

As per previous Census, there were 6 million Aliens or so
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:41pm On May 14, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

can i have a link to proof the 2 million foreigners..some could be Nigerians you know... cheesy

you can check out the previous Census of Ghana
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 14, 2020
Just30:
Because of previous Census, living standard surveys and migration trends.

The total population in Ghana was estimated at 30.5 million people in 2019, according to the latest census figures.
Now show me where the 10 million comes from please

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:47pm On May 14, 2020
kevomtaani:

I have lived and worked in Ghana for one whole year this is not an argument bro. the only way I can prove that is by posting pictures and I'm not going to do that in a faceless forum.

Anyways I worked in Tema harbor during it's expansion in 2013, I lived there designed some of the facilities there ask me anything about the harbor, I designed even the duty free shops there. And fyi there were no large European communities claiming to be even 3rd generation ghanaians Lebanese as with the rest of west Africa are present. So yes Ghana is multi ethnic but to call it cosmopolitan it's a stretch. There aren't over two million non-black people in Ghana
I work at the Harbour

WHich part of the harbour did you work?
what work did you do and who was your department head?

How many shops are there at the duty-free area?
Is duty free located at port 1 or port 2 ?

Ghana became cosmopolitan way back in the 1900s and has remained so
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 12:47pm On May 14, 2020
Just30:
Any attempt to carry it out while COVID is ravaging will lead to series of lawsuits
just like how the Electoral Commission and The NationaL Identification Authority has faced has face series of injections and suit threats
Are you equally saying national service scheme will not post personnel this year ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 12:47pm On May 14, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

read extensively this demographic report.This is even an underreporting of the real population demography. The reason why Ghana has allocated more than 1 billion dollars to register and identify these huge non citizens population from the total number of Ghanaians currently in Ghana. The current government has additionally allocated over 500 million dollars to the Electoral commission to remake a new voters register because the Electoral commission has acknowledged the large amount of foreigners in the register.So in order to qualify as a Ghanaian, one must provide an original biometric birth certificate to prove his or her citizenship. And non Ghanaians are advised to register for a non Ghanaian ID card in the National Identification Authority activity .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Ghana

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:48pm On May 14, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

The total population in Ghana was estimated at 30.5 million people in 2019, according to the latest census figures.
Now show me where the 10 million comes from please
there is nothing like latest census figures because Census has not been carried out.

30 million is true based on current migration data and birth and death registry.

Refer to previous census and you will have your answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (7474) (7475) (7476) (7477) (7478) (7479) (7480) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.