Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1101907 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (2491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ednited(f): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
obaaderemi:
Ethiopia is fast becoming the China of East Africa morally. You have grown in confidence after the eritrean war. There are claims that the dam has led to the floods in Sudan and that it might affect Egypt's agriculture.
I am still trying to see how it would affect upper Nile countries like Tanzania and Kenya.

Ethiopia is on seesaw, one minute we are growing and the next minute we are going way dowwnnn.

About the flood, we had it even here. We still having it btw

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:24am On Oct 04, 2020
ednited:

Ethiopia is on seesaw, one minute we are growing and the next minute we are going way dowwnnn.

But Ethiopia is in the news more than ever because of that dam, which would supply electricity to more than 60million Ethiopians! The last time Ethiopia was in the international news in a big way was for something negative: famine and live aid bands. Now the news is positive.

But then Egypt and Sudan are complaining and the US is behind them, cutting financial aid to Ethiopia. I hope they don't push Ethiopians to go against their government like they did in Libya.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2020
This is something Nigeria can copy.
I used to have little respect for black Americans but from this it is clear many of them are actually taking the bull by the horn and helping their communities.

They are making farms in urban areas on vacant plots where buildings have been torn down when whites moved away from Detroit.
Rising from the ashes of decades of urban decay, the
US city of Detroit is fast becoming an urban farming
capital.
Many residents are now producing organic
food locally – reducing the environmental footprint
of their food by cutting down on carbon emissions
from transport and on chemical inputs.
KEEP READING
They are also helping revive communities as new
green spaces and farmer’s markets crop up,
providing neighbourhoods with fresh fruits and
vegetables.
Plots of land range from backyards, to seven-acre
(2.8 hectares) community farms, to plans for large-
scale commercial farms.
In 2012, Al Jazeera met the local residents at the
centre of the city’s urban farming revolution.
Several years on, Rewind returns to visit them to see
how the movement has progressed.
70-year-old Edith Floyd, an urban farming veteran,
has expanded her farm from nine lots to 32 and has
added a large hoop house, where she can grow fruits
and vegetables year-round.
“We have broccoli, collards, green peppers and
celery,” she explains.
She says she plans to keep on farming for years to
come: “If you don’t work, you don’t eat. And if you
don’t work, you get lazy and don’t want to do
nothing. Work keeps me going. I like working.”

A few miles away, Mark Covington and his mother
have also grown their farm.
“I want to say we only had eight lots and now we
have 24 that we either keep cut or we grow
something on,” Covington says.
He now keeps bees, which he says has tripled food
production, and he has a host of new farm animals.

Both farmers have their communities in mind;
Floyd contributes to a food bank, and people who
have court-ordered volunteer hours can fulfil them
on her farm instead of paying a fine or going to
prison. Covington has purchased a nearby house for
a community education centre, and also provides
fresh food to the area.
“We have our turkey giveaway every year. We do
30 to 35 turkeys with a basket, so we’ll put kale and
collards and string beans in with it, along with some
other donations that we get,” he says.
“This is an asset to the city. Not just the
neighbourhood but the city.”
@ pavore9 et other agric experts, how viable is it to grow food in urban areas where buildings used to stand. I was thinking the soil would be poor.

https://nextcity.org/features/view/detroit-comprehensive-urban-agriculture-proposal
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Covington runs the nonprofit Georgia Street Community
Collective gardens in northeast Detroit. He got into urban
agriculture almost by accident, cleaning litter out of empty lots
in the neighborhood where he grew up. That led to gardens
and a fruit orchard that cover five lots; he now raises goats,
ducks and chickens, and has started an apiary.
The collective
offers Chickens 101 classes to would-be farmers and regularly
invites local kids to meet and learn about the animals.
This guy even has goats in the middle of Detroit.
jidestroud, see your bros here. cheesy
https://nextcity.org/features/view/detroit-comprehensive-urban-agriculture-proposal

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
China is closing several small refineries to build a massive $20bn refinery with the aim of exporting to African countries. This would be a major challenge to Nigeria's Dangote refinery which is Africa's largest.
There seems to be a strong anti- Nigeria sentiment out there among African countries. Will they prefer to buy refined products from Nigeria or China? Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, etc.

The gloves would be off by next year. cheesy

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jidestroud(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
obaaderemi:

This guy even has goats in the middle of Detroit.
jidestroud, see your bros here. cheesy
Lol... I could have sworn he was my twin, then again I only weigh 98kg on last checkup. grin

It's been God all the way bro, we recently just got another 8.6 hectares of land to develop. Busy is an understatement. cry

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
jidestroud:

Lol... I could have sworn he was my twin, then again I only weigh 98kg on last checkup. grin

It's been God all the way bro, we recently just got another 8.6 hectares of land to develop. Busy is an understatement. cry
grin Lol @ bolded.

8.6 hectares! That's massive. For livestock or plants? Business must have really gone up for you since I last caught up with the agric section.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
obaaderemi:
China is closing several small refineries to build a massive $20bn refinery with the aim of exporting to African countries. This would be a major challenge to Nigeria's Dangote refinery which is Africa's largest.
There seems to be a strong anti- Nigeria sentiment out there among African countries. Will they prefer to buy refined products from Nigeria or China? Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, etc.

The gloves would be off by next year. cheesy
i don't think there's anti-sentiment ish against nigeria, some countries citizens might have one or two problems with nigerians buts its never a govt-to-govt problem. So, i expect d market to determine who sells more refined products between nigeria and china in d continent. I also expect nigeria to have advantage over china due to proximity.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eko Atlantic City The Audacity To Dream.....

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
theenchanter:
i don't think there's anti-sentiment ish against nigeria, some countries citizens might have one or two problems with nigerians buts its never a govt-to-govt problem. So, i expect d market to determine who sells more refined products between nigeria and china in d continent. I also expect nigeria to have advantage over china due to proximity.
I hope prices and market forces will determine how things go. Of course, Nigeria should have the advantage of proximity but then China is hellbent on keeping Africa in its back pocket. China might instigate unfriendly neighbors against Nigeria. America has done such across the world before. wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
Except the problem is not Nigeria or China or any sentiment.

Most of the countries that buy from Nigeria have huge discoveries which they are developing and also building a petrochemical industry around
theenchanter:
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
China petrochemical plans are for it own economy as products demand is skyrocketing and having small refineries scattered around is inefficient

Becoming the largest oil and gas consumer in the world makes you kind of rethink strategy especially when you have to lower exposure.
And that is what China is doing.
obaaderemi:
I hope prices and market forces will determine how things go. Of course, Nigeria should have the advantage of proximity but then China is hellbent on keeping Africa in its back pocket. China might instigate unfriendly neighbors against Nigeria. America has done such across the world before. wink

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Just30:
Except the problem is not Nigeria or China or any sentiment.

Most of the countries that buy from Nigeria have huge discoveries which they are developing and also building a petrochemical industry around
u're very right about this.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
obaaderemi:
we never can tell if china has a sinister plan toward africa or not, but i dont think it can get to that even if it get worse.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
obaaderemi:
Don't know how I missed this. wink

South Africa has problems with illegal immigrants like most big countries. Nigeria too has many illegal immigrants. But that's not a good reason to be xenophobic. I think South Africans are just violent and xenophobic by nature.

Do you know the origin of the song: Bambani laba Bathakathi!?
Yes you are right.The folks are violent and xenophobic. Years of being treated as second class citizens in apertheid government made these folks to behave somehow.

I know xenophobia have been around for centuries in different countries, but what you see in SA is more terrible, I think Angola is also trying hard to outdo SA on this art

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
obaaderemi:
Yes prices and the market as a whole will determine who buys where. What I know for sure is,China's production costs are way less than Nigeria's. I think Chinese oil might be cheaper and that will be bad news for dangote guy.May be Africa's free trade agreements can save a situation,otherwise, China has more advantage on issues of transportation costs and production costs

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
ednited:

Hey beautiful!

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
obaaderemi:
Tanzania would have been leading them by far now if not for Tanzania not opening up its market early enough due to some of Nyerere's policies. Kenyans are not smart.
Tanzania is ahead of Kenya.Put papers and fake reports aside,no Tanzanian is starving or live in those terrible piglike sharks of kibera

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
Kazikazi:
Tanzania is ahead of Kenya.Put papers and fake reports aside,no Tanzanian is starving or live in those terrible piglike sharks of kibera
You are correct. The bolded is one big fact that would always make nonsense of Kenya's claim to be East Africa's powerhouse. They are behind Tanzania and Ethiopia.

But Kenya's lies are being exposed day by day.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
Kazikazi:
Yes prices and the market as a whole will determine who buys where. What I know for sure is,China's production costs are way less than Nigeria's. I think Chinese oil might be cheaper and that will be bad news for dangote guy.May be Africa's free trade agreements can save a situation,otherwise, China has more advantage on issues of transportation costs and production costs
Yeah, technology is to China's advantage. But to Dangote's advantage is closeness to raw materials in terms of crude oil and also government patronage. But it will be a great challenge to Nigeria.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
theenchanter:
we never can tell if china has a sinister plan toward africa or not, but i dont think it can get to that even if it get worse.
China, like America has economic imperial tendencies, enchanter. They all see Africa as their conquered last frontier. But I just hope we don't allow them to continue to cripple us economically with the aid of some of our weak-ass politicians.
This Dangote refinery in my opinion is a game changer. Do you know that Nigeria, South Africa and other African countries buy refined petroleum products from China? I hope for the best sha. wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Kazikazi:
Yes you are right.The folks are violent and xenophobic. Years of being treated as second class citizens in apertheid government made these folks to behave somehow.

I know xenophobia have been around for centuries in different countries, but what you see in SA is more terrible, I think Angola is also trying hard to outdo SA on this art
They are just reliving their history. They were not close to other African civilizations in their history except for their few small neighbors. The Zulus later attacked the Boers(xenophobia), the Boers attacked back seriously (genocide). grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
Just30:
China petrochemical plans are for it own economy as products demand is skyrocketing and having small refineries scattered around is inefficient

Becoming the largest oil and gas consumer in the world makes you kind of rethink strategy especially when you have to lower exposure.
And that is what China is doing.
It's true. But the fear of China these days is the beginning of economic wisdom. Look what Trump is doing to Chinese companies in America, going as far as banning Chinese apps and mobile phone equipment makers. cheesy
While Africans keep opening up more to China.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
Trump must feel very embarrassed right now to have gotten the China Disease. I hope he pulls through.

But why was he mocking Biden during the debate about nose mask?

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
obaaderemi:
It's true. But the fear of China these days is the beginning of economic wisdom. Look what Trump is doing to Chinese companies in America, going as far as banning Chinese apps and mobile phone equipment makers. cheesy
While Africans keep opening up more to China.
Resistance is a slippery slope to irrelevance

Everyone knows that their economic future will be decided in China and as for US resistance, China will only watch them self destruct because it has been their plan all along. If not, they will have to engage the US in a war, just like how all upcoming powers wrestle authority from a dying power.

And guess what, even Israel is betting on China.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
Just30:
Resistance is a slippery slope to irrelevance

Everyone knows that their economic future will be decided in China and as for US resistance, China will only watch them self destruct because it has been their plan all along. If not, they will have to engage the US in a war, just like how all upcoming powers wrestle authority from a dying power.

And guess what, even Israel is betting on China.
grin
I still believe America is the only country that can stem China's advancement towards being an absolute superpower. Just the same way America stopped Russia and Japan years ago. And I think Trump is doing a good job of it. That's why many Americans seem to be supporting him.

But then I think the final deciding factor is international trade. China has an edge there because america slept off at a point. Africa, South America and Asia are China's pawns in its grand scheme. I just hope Africa wakes up before it gets rubbished like in the past during the cold war between Russia and America.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Phone Penetration, Africa's top countries. There must be a slight change now though.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
World Trade Center, Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
WTC, Abuja

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
Abj

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Abj
Not too bad for a Potemkin Village, is it? wink

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
obaaderemi:
grin
I still believe America is the only country that can stem China's advancement towards being an absolute superpower. Just the same way America stopped Russia and Japan years ago. And I think Trump is doing a good job of it. That's why many Americans seem to be supporting him.

But then I think the final deciding factor is international trade. China has an edge there because america slept off at a point. Africa, South America and Asia are China's pawns in its grand scheme. I just hope Africa wakes up before it gets rubbished like in the past during the cold war between Russia and America.
Trump has actually not done much because the trade deficit between China and the US has even grown larger while US corporations have lost huge market share.

China advancement cannot be stopped because China has the market and the money.
China has a bigger say in the oil market because they are the largest consumer.

All that Trump is doing is to delay the inevitable for as long as he can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (2491) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: jamjo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.