Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student (25565 Views)

So Many Girls Graduating As Best Graduating Students / 10 Important Things You Must Learn How To Do Before Graduating From University / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by fineyemi(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ptoocool:
OP, are you "half baked?"
Still an undergraduate student
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by fineyemi(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
veekid:
None of this can land you a job, so what are we saying
Is that all you have to say
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by jkrist: 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
fineyemi:
Everybody's dream is to go to a university or to find their selves in the walls of a university without knowing the important things to do so as not to become an "half baked graduate"

I therefore decided to write some few notes down for my fellow Nigerian student and to all undergraduate student out there to know and to put to practice and abide by it.

1. KNOW YOURSELF:
Knowing one’s self is not limited to your name alone. You must discover who you truly are. Your strong points and weaknesses;

2. EXPERIENCE COUNTS:
During holidays, break, even weekends, it is advisable to take up holiday or part time jobs, even, voluntary jobs, jobs. This will give you to required experience when you eventually go into labour;

3. KEEP LEARNING:
Learning is not limited to lectures from your field of specialty of course at the University or Polytechnic. You are to learn soft skills;

4. MONEY MATTERS:
Money is very key to everything you do. This will help to support one in achieving one’s dream. Be it schooling or learning vocational skills;

5. COMMUNICATION:
Good communication skills is very essential in today’s competitive World. Learn to talk to people in the manner they are not offended. The ability to communicate clearly and to work well team setting is critical to a sustained and successful employability. Do not abbreviate when you write letters and memos. Learn to communicate in simple English. No ambiguity, it helps a great deal to work effectively in a team;

6. HANDLING FAILURE:
“I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career as a basket ball player. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times I have been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I have failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeeded”.
MICHAEL JORDAN American Basket Ball Legend Failure is not the end of the World, it means you have to work harder. No one is perfect, learn from that experience;

7. BE SOCIAL-WISE: [/b]60% of employers now turn to social networks to research for job applicant, so, be weary of the posts, pictures and what you do on the social media. Your potential employers and business partners could be watching. Avoid anything extreme. You could post birthday, wedding, picnics pictures etc;
[b]
8. PEOPLE SKILLS:
Interpersonal skills can be the difference between undergraduate Days and when you get employed. You need these skills;

9. PRESENTING YOURSELF:
You never get a second chance to make a great first impression. People will treat you the way they see you. It is important how you present yourself. It is always good to put your best forward. Dress decently, look neat and comport yourself all the time.

10. ATTITUDE:
Your attitude determines how successful you can be. Your Attitude determines your altitude.
http://www.guru9ja.com/2016/09/ten-10-things-to-know-before-graduating.html
op sorry to burst your bubble...I hope before coming to public forum you would have done some kind of self training which obviously you lack...
your written English and grammatical construction is Zero(meant no offence)..you are here tutoring the public how to communicate effectively(both written and orally)when obviously you need a little self development...

Correct this crap(there is nothing like "their selves"in English Language,it is called 'themselves')..by the way,what school do you graduated from?
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by bryan360: 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
jkrist:

op sorry to burst your bubble...I hope before coming to public forum you would have done some kind of self training which obviously you lack...
your written English and grammatical construction is Zero(meant no offence)..you are here tutoring the public how to communicate effectively(both written and orally)when obviously you need a little self development...

Correct this crap(there is nothing like "their selves"in English Language,it is called 'themselves')..by the way,what school do you graduated from?
rili?what school do you graduated from??c person weh dy correct another person..
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by gemale(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
Best advice 2 all students abt 2 grad is go & learn agriculture or hw 2 convert any raw material we hv in 9ja 2 finished products. Economy is heading 4 serious recession so dt paper u spent minimum of 4 yrs 4 wld soon bcom wt it is exactly, a piece of paper.
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by jubrealguy(m): 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
True!!!
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by jkrist: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
bryan360:
rili?what school do you graduated from??c person weh dy correct another person..
so it is now a sin to correct people's little blunder?..you can go with your ignorant then.
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by euchariadavid(f): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nice one
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by hausadreturn(m): 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
jkrist:

so it is now a sin to correct people's little blunder?..you can go with your ignorant then.
No it's not a sin...not at all.

The only problem is that the person correcting also has to be sure, so as not to be ridiculed like they just did to you. lipsrsealed
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by LizB2K(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
wow! That's lovely!
I was actually discussing no7 with my youger brother some days ago.that people now get interviewed with their social network profiles..it's a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many thanks to you bro!
Re: Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
also note none of this can fetch u money on a long run,

(1) (2) (Reply)

OKEOWO OLUWASEYI PAUL: Best Graduating Student Federal University Oye Ekiti / The Proposed Altanzeel Univeristy Kano By Isyaka Rabiu (Photos) / Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.