Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative (29178 Views)

How To Make A Natural Diy Acne/pimple Soap / Please Where Can I Get These DIY Cream Ingredients? / Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Onegai(f): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2016
Besea:
Really nice tips.
Onegai, you posted something about a DIY tutu sometime ago. Could you please repost here? Pleaseeeeeeeee

Tomorrow. I'm sewing something now (and by hand!). The tutu is a no-sew one but can be easily modified to be sewn.

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ozycy: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
tatacherie:

Wow!weldone Ma.looks good.just finished mine too,wit few errors though.will upload pix soon

Rezzy, nice work. Am sure you used a sewing machine. I think I need a sewing machine. I even think I need to learn how to sew clothes even if na children cloth.

Tatacherie where is the pishor.?

Any thread on sewing tutorial? Cc Onegai, AlphaHandMaiden, all bikonu help out. I cannot come and carry last and not even have any handwork.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ozycy: 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
Onegai:

Tomorrow. I'm sewing something now (and by hand!). The tutu is a no-sew one but can be easily modified to be sewn.
I need tutu for baby's birthday. They are here calling high amount for me. I need to learn how to do it myself if possible.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Onegai(f): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
ozycy:

I need tutu for baby's birthday. They are here calling high amount for me. I need to learn how to do it myself if possible.

I was supposed to make one but haven't had time. I can post the guide I used the first time. All you need is a thick elastic and tulle

cc: besea

1 Share

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 6:11am On Oct 03, 2016
ozycy:

I think I need a sewing machine. I even think I need to learn how to sew clothes even if na children cloth.
Tatacherie where is the pishor.?
Any thread on sewing tutorial?
Gudmorning ma,was so busy I forgot o,will try n do that today.@ bolded same here o,I really want 2 learn n sew for fun using my spare time.
There's a thread on sewing, will post it here soon.regards 2 ur family

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Besea(f): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2016
Onegai:

I was supposed to make one but haven't had time. I can post the guide I used the first time. All you need is a thick elastic and tulle

Thank you but what kind of material can I buy that's skin friendly as I react to materials with higher polyester or pure polyester so I don't know what my baby will react to.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:47am On Oct 03, 2016
Besea:

Thank you but what kind of material can I buy that's skin friendly as I react to materials with higher polyester or pure polyester so I don't know what my baby will react to.

Tulle is made from either cotton, silk, nylon or rayon as well as polyester.
You can ask if they have the cotton version but i think nylon may be the most common.

You can try lining the tutu with a cotton fabric of matching colour so the tulle is not in direct contact with her skin but that wont stop her putting it in her mouth!
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ozycy: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
tatacherie:
https://www.nairaland.com/1569920/lets-sew-fun-valisimo-fashion
Cc:ozycy
Thank you, will try and read up to know if I can start.

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by rezzy: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
ozycy:

Rezzy, nice work. Am sure you used a sewing machine. I think I need a sewing machine. I even think I need to learn how to sew clothes even if na children cloth.

It was hand I used. Have you seen tutorial on sewing.? My father bought me sewing machine during my marriage, it's still at my parent's place. I may need to learn how to sew too.

Seen the thread on sewing.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ozycy: 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
rezzy:

It was hand I used. Have you seen tutorial on sewing.? My father bought me sewing machine during my marriage, it's still at my parent's place. I may need to learn how to sew too.

Seen the thread on sewing.
Yes seen. Any idea how much a sewing machine cost. Those small type.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
Onegai:

. All you need is a thick elastic and tulle
Hello Ma'am,pls where can I get tulle to buy?would appreciate if u can give me a sample pix to know wat exactly to look out 4 in d market. Thanks already
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Onegai(f): 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
tatacherie:

Hello Ma'am,pls where can I get tulle to buy?would appreciate if u can give me a sample pix to know wat exactly to look out 4 in d market. Thanks already

It looks exactly like Netting but it is soft and drapey, net stands, is stiff and scratchy to the skin. So a lot of fabric sellers will try and pass Netting off as Tulle, feel the fabric if it is stiff it is netting and not Tulle. HTH

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by comtem2011: 10:48am On Nov 02, 2016
ozycy:

Yes seen. Any idea how much a sewing machine cost. Those small type.
Mini electric sewing machine should be between 7500 to 8k.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
Onegai:

It looks exactly like Netting but it is soft and drapey, net stands, is stiff and scratchy to the skin. So a lot of fabric sellers will try and pass Netting off as Tulle, feel the fabric if it is stiff it is netting and not Tulle. HTH
Huh! Just seeing ur reply. I've bought d wrong stuff already,very stiff netting.na wa.thanks for d reply anyway I'm corrected.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ozycy: 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2016
comtem2011:
Mini electric sewing machine should be between 7500 to 8k.
Do you have one? Can I see pix?
I want to buy so I can be learning how to sew small small
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by comtem2011: 6:59am On Nov 04, 2016
ozycy:
Do you have one? Can I see pix? I want to buy so I can be learning how to sew small small
https://www.nairaland.com/3285984/mini-electric-sewing-machine-sale
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ozycy: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by comtem2011: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2016
ozycy:
Thanks
U r welcome.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ozycy: 10:28am On Nov 04, 2016
zionx:
@ozycy, the portable sewing machine is very good. Though, I bought mine on konga and it is working perfectly fine. I had to even order another one for my mum. I have not had any issue with it though I only use it for petty sewing works.
Thank you for this, I really wanted to hear from someone that uses it. Is it same type with the one in the link? Help me check, and how much did you buy yours?
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 10:46am On Jan 13, 2017
Hello ma'am greetings!
Please I want to find out from you how the tulle you bought for making d tutus look like weda is in a roll like d pix attached or you bought on yard measurement.
If you bought in yard how did you pieces it to make d tutu? Thanks already
Cc: Onegai,
Alphahandmaiden,
Zaynie..

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by zaynie(f): 9:42am On Jan 14, 2017
Actually, my tailor got it for me.
Just make sure its the soft kind. It doesnt scratch them and is fluffy and bounces real good.
The hard kind is stiff, you will know the difference by touching.
I think mine came in a bundle, yard measurement.
I made the width 6 inches and the length for my one year old was 16 inches ( I folded it such that one side was long and the other short so I had varying length). It still turned short, cute though but short.....I might use 20 inches so her diaper bottoms doesn't peep out when she wears it.

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 12:47am On Jan 16, 2017
@ Zaynie thanks a lot,u helped bigtime
Warm regards

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
Made these no sew tutus for ma petite and her friend smiley

2 Likes

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Evazenith(f): 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
@tatacherie,ma'am can u please explain wat u use for the upper part and how u sew it witout machine,thks!
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 2:51am On Jan 20, 2017
Evazenith:
@tatacherie,ma'am can u please explain wat u use for the upper part and how u sew it witout machine,thks!
I used baby hairbands those knitted stretchy type,bought one for #200,and just tied d pieces of tulle round the holes in d hairband HTH
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by noncy21: 6:53am On Jan 20, 2017
this is lovely@tatacherie...pls how much did u buy tulle per yard and how many yards did u use? tnx

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Evazenith(f): 8:30am On Jan 20, 2017
[quote author=tatacherie post Thanks ma'am
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
noncy21:
this is lovely@tatacherie...pls how much did u buy tulle per yard and how many yards did u use? tnx
Thanks smiley
A yard is sold for #250 . I used 4 yards for d purple tutu & 3 yards for d pink one
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by noncy21: 8:58am On Jan 21, 2017
tatacherie:

Thanks smiley
A yard is sold for #250 . I used 4 yards for d purple tutu & 3 yards for d pink one
ok. tnx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences / Genevieve, Tiwa Savage Or Venita: Who Wore It Best / The Hairstyle That Pleases God As A Believer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.