Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative (29218 Views)

How To Make A Natural Diy Acne/pimple Soap / Please Where Can I Get These DIY Cream Ingredients? / Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
tatacherie:

Omg! Ure so funny cheesy lolz a use belt n fold it chai!
24h time is so short mehn...so many beautiful diy's flying on pinterest lol

I have like 50 boards with God only knows how many thousand pins ! ( covers face in shame) and i have made like 3 items ( hides under bed!)
Lol!

The Lord will deliver us.
I need a clone.... or two or 10!

3 Likes

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 12:14am On Jun 15, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I have like 50 boards with God only knows how many thousand pins ! ( covers face in shame) and i have made like 3 items ( hides under bed!)
Lol!

The Lord will deliver us.
I need a clone.... or two or 10!
50 boards wooo... shocked
Lolzzzz its well cheesy
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Rezzy i am looking forward to your creation!

( I see you shared the post with the romper pattern)

Currently working on a variation of this.

I have some t-shirt jersey interlock fabric so i am sewing from scratch. With leftover ankara as the skirt (usingcut and join scarf from my mum's old clothes )

However it is a lovely cheat idea to use a cheap T-shirt. And may be add some print fabric to the base.

If anyone tries it, please post pics to inspire others.

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
mrsojiugo:
hi AlphaHan.dMaiden... great stuff you did with Hubby's shirt. I am guilty of not taking pictures in the past of jobs I did. See my most recent from an old 'marking-touch' (that's what its called in the market)

Nice one M'am! .

Try to make a habit of taking picture of your work. (progress shots and finished works) You never know when you will show someone and it will lead on from there.

Please feel free to post more here to inspire others.
Happy crafting!!
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Update on T-shirt dress.

Made with jersey interlock fabric (T shirt cotton)

Patchy ankara headtie made with left over pieces: had to work around how the fabric was initially cut .

also first time using a few techniques and features on my sewing machine such as making button holes and sewing on buttons, and making a plaket for the bottons/holes, and making my own bias binding with my bias maker......

came out OK, i think. grin

6 Likes

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Evazenith(f): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
tatacherie:

U can get d material from any fabric shop.its called tulle
However u can opt for veil net if u could'nt get tulle to buy.
The link above this post will lead you to the thread where u can learn how to crochet

Thanks ma'am,haven't been online here for awhile now

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:
Update on T-shirt dress.

Made with jersey interlock fabric (T shirt cotton)

Patchy ankara headtie made with left over pieces: had to work around how the fabric was initially cut .

also first time using a few techniques and features on my sewing machine such as making button holes and sewing on buttons, and making a plaket for the bottons/holes, and making my own bias binding with my bias maker......
came out OK, i think. grin
Wow! Beautiful!
Following bumper2bumper
Hope to post mine soonest
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by rezzy: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
tatacherie:
Crochet tutu gown

I have started practicing how to crochet baby shoe with wool use for making hair. I need yarn and bigger hook but I don't know where to get them. I stay in Lagos. Pls help @ Alphahandmaiden
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2017
rezzy:

I have started practicing how to crochet baby shoe with wool use for making hair. I need yarn and bigger hook but I don't know where to get them. I stay in Lagos. Pls help @ Alphahandmaiden

I dont get my supplies in Nigeria so i cant give detailed information that, but i know you may get from some from art supplies stores, and yeye wool is the largest brand, you may be limited to smaller 1.5mm or 1.75mm hooks in the markets, i believe there is a craft store some where in ikeja i think where you may get more variety or you can buy online on amazon and have it delivered.

for tips and help with all things crochetting you can follow the thread and ask questions here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2516002/crochet-fantasy

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 12:01am On Aug 14, 2017
Smoking hot grin fresh of the hook
Crochet tutu gown
Cc:Onegai
Alphahandmaiden
Eshe gan for this thread.my ruff n tumble biz has kicked off cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2017
tatacherie:
Crochet tutu gown
Cc:One.gai
Alphahand.maiden

I will charge commission of....
1 pack of chocomilo per tutu dress made! Lol!

Really nice. No adult size? grin

Welldone!

4 Likes

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by webngnews: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2017
For mums who have had boys, and now have baby girls.... a few tips on how to use up baby boy clothing on a baby girl.

How to Make a Onesie / baby vest into a dress.

http://canarystreetcrafts.com/onesie-dress/

https://lovecityblog.com/2011/01/26/onesie-embellishment-tutorial-2-onesie-dress/

will post some pics when i try this out.

you can also make 2 items as you can get a dress AND vest extender with this. will do a tutorial to show you how.
WATCH THIS SPACE! grin

I also found a link to jazz up a baby boy's button down shirt. will post it a bit later.

cc. BritneyStacy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I will charge commission of....
1 pack of chocomilo per tutu dress made! Lol!

Really nice. No adult size? grin

Welldone!
I give you double packets sef cheesy u too much
I pray I don't get overwhelmed cos d way d orders are coming in don dey fear me
How I wish I can get d real tulle and not this Nigeria veil net mtheew..God help me
Adult size ke! I've never thought of that o..I'm focusing on children's size ejoor grin
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ifyalways(f): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2017
tatacherie:
Crochet tutu gown
Alphahandmaiden
Those are lovely. Are you making for sale, with a little modification here n there (bespoke) and how much.

Wish I have the patience and time to pursue the creative part of me, if any cheesy

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by uniquefashion: 10:20am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 12:35am On Aug 25, 2017
ifyalways:

Those are lovely. Are you making for sale, with a little modification here n there (bespoke) and how much.

Wish I have the patience and time to pursue the creative part of me, if any cheesy
Thanks Ma'am smiley
Yes im making for sales.price depends on size/ur specification.how old pls?
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by zodd(m): 2:23am On Aug 25, 2017
checkout the latest ankara stlyes --> http://www.ankarastyles.com.ng <-- Here

thank me later
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ifyalways(f): 11:24am On Aug 26, 2017
tatacherie:

Thanks Ma'am smiley
Yes im making for sales.price depends on size/ur specification.how old pls?
Hahaha. S/he still dey Belle o. I'll be in touch sha
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
ifyalways:

Hahaha. S/he still dey Belle o. I'll be in touch sha
Aww! Happy baking little cutie.wishing you safe delivery ma'am.ok
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ifyalways(f): 9:46am On Aug 28, 2017
tatacherie:

Amen but errrh, I'm not preggie o.
Too old for that. cheesy
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
Onesie conversion

Version 1: single gathered skirt at waist.

Will put up more pics and tutorials when i get a frewmoment.

@ BritneyStacy saw your pm. Unable to reply. I keep getting error messages from the NL reply .
You can send me a direct message at alphahandmaiden@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
ifyalways:

Amen but errrh, I'm not preggie o.
Too old for that. cheesy

So said Aunties Sarah and Eliza in the bible... grin grin grin

* picks up sewing machine and runs far far away *

1 Like

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2017
Onesie conversion

version 2: double layer skirt

Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by CheeryChy(f): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2017
Wonderful educative thread here. These DIYs are lovely. Seriously following and saving these for the days ahead.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by queenhecate: 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
tatacherie:
Crochet tutu gown
Alphahandmaiden

How much for this gown. Am interested but this one wey you say orders berekete for your hand cheesy. I need am next week. Possible??
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
queenhecate:

How much for this gown. Am interested but this one wey you say orders berekete for your hand cheesy. I need am next week. Possible??
Hello Ma'am kindly pm me
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:17am On Sep 01, 2017
tatacherie:

1 chocomilo

tatacherie:

Hello Ma'am kindly pm me

2 chocomilo!

grin tongue
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by tatacherie: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

1 chocomilo

2 chocomilo!

grin tongue
Hahahaha you'll recieve them ASAP
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by rezzy: 7:09am On Sep 09, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:
Onesie conversion

version 2: double layer skirt

Hopefully, I will have a girl in my next missionary journey
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by ElmaSpeed(f): 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:
For mums who have had boys, and now have baby girls.... a few tips on how to use up baby boy clothing on a baby girl.

How to Make a Onesie / baby vest into a dress.

http://canarystreetcrafts.com/onesie-dress/

https://lovecityblog.com/2011/01/26/onesie-embellishment-tutorial-2-onesie-dress/

will post some pics when i try this out.

you can also make 2 items as you can get a dress AND vest extender with this. will do a tutorial to show you how.
WATCH THIS SPACE! grin

I also found a link to jazz up a baby boy's button down shirt. will post it a bit later.

cc. BritneyStacy

Jesu!
See inspiration.
Re: DIY Tutorials : Let's Get Crafty & Creative by Goodhart(f): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
alphahandmaiden weldone ma ohh

thanks for not sharing ur thread on our crochet page, abi u shared and I didn't see it ni

tatacherie u do well my sis.

got my tutu net today. longer throat will nor lemme rest cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Genevieve, Tiwa Savage Or Venita: Who Wore It Best / The Hairstyle That Pleases God As A Believer. / Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.