Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,099 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. (4670 Views)

State Of The Nation Broadcast:Roadmap To Successful Change - Pastor Tunde Bakare / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by proudly9ja(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2009
BAKARE's STATE OF THE NATION broadcast.

I just listened to the series. About an hour long and all I can say is, mind blowing.

He touched on various issues including resource control, MDGs, and even Ibori and Aondoakka. Very interesting. Please take time to watch and respond.

http://www.lrawebstore.com/messages/state_of_the_nation_broadcast_vid.html

http://www.lrawebstore.com/messages/state_of_the_nation_broadcast1_vid.html

http://www.lrawebstore.com/messages/state_of_the_nation_broadcast2_vid.html

http://www.lrawebstore.com/messages/state_of_the_nation_broadcast3.html

http://www.lrawebstore.com/messages/state_of_the_nation_broadcast4.html
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by kuramo: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2009
I didn't realise Pastor Tunde Bakare is now the Executive President of Nigeria.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2009
you should correct your thread title unless you're trying to campaign for Pastor Bakare in a roundabout manner.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by PeeDaVinci: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2009
the video is long, but it is worth it at the end
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by proudly9ja(m): 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2009
tpia.:

you should correct your thread title unless you're trying to campaign for Pastor Bakare in a roundabout manner.

I guess I should but that was how it was advertised: 'State of the Nation'. Any suggestions?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2009
proudly9ja:

I guess I should but that was how it was advertised: 'State of the Nation'. Any suggestions?

well, its the advertisers who are being funny then.

"State of the Nation" is rather misleading.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by proudly9ja(m): 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2009
Infact I just saw another news item on and it has the same title, Il post it here rather than open a new thread

State Of The Nation: Bakare Takes Battle To Abuja
October 05, 2009 16:05 (5 hours ago), 430 views

By Ada Owojela

The serving overseer of The Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, will on Saturday, 10 October, 2009, take the battle for the transformation of the country to Abuja, the nation’s federal capital, where he will preach a message of hope in the nation’s future.

Pastor Bakare, who announced this during the church service yesterday in Lagos State, said there will be a live broadcast of his message to the nation on Africa Independent Television, AIT, on that day.

He said the broadcast is to sound the trumpet for the proclamation of the nation’s jubilee year, adding that although Nigeria will celebrate her 50th independence anniversary on 1st October next year, preparations for that epoch event must start now, if not there will be nothing to celebrate about. He said the future belongs to those who prepare for it today.

Pastor Bakare explained the decision to go to Abuja next Saturday by alluding to the biblical injunction of healing a polluted stream from the source.

The fiery preacher, who repeatedly said Nigeria will flourish again in the wake of the transformation that is about to take place in the country, warned that there will be headless structures after the transformation, adding that even the church would not be spared.

“God is about to bring about a new order,” he said.

He had harped on God’s template for national transformation during the nation’s 49th independence anniversary last Thursday broadcast to the nation live on AIT .

He advocated for electoral reform, land use reform, fiscal federalism, emphasising that every geopolitical zone in the country should be allowed to develop at its own pace and must be allowed to control their resources.

According to him, “the Land Use Act is unjust. It must be revoked.”

He said this year’s independence celebration was on low-key because the people are tired of the lies the politicians have been telling them.

He said an oppressed society is an insane society, while the rule of law has become the ruse of law in our society.

Describing 1999 to date as the years of the locust, he said God is about to forge a new Nigeria, where oppression, corruption, injustice, greed and other vices perpetrated by those in power will no longer persist.

He said his passion is to engage anything that is holding this nation down and dismantle it, adding that “you can’t help a nation whose mind is blocked. The greatest deliverance we need is self. God knows how to catch the wicked by their craftiness.”

http://thepmnews.com/2009/10/05/state-of-the-nation-bakare-takes-battle-to-abuja
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by 3kay945(m): 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2009
i like d pastor for such message, and i expect other pastor to take turn.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by sley4life(m): 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
I forecast the country will divide in the next 5yrs.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Onesimus70(m): 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2009
what I see is stronger unity. This in preparation for one world government.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by naijamini(m): 3:58am On Oct 06, 2009
Quite a progressive message. Fearless too.

If only we could multiply progressive religious figures like these, both Christian and Muslim, to open the eyes of our people to God's true will of freedom, self-dignity and prosperity.

Still, with the courage of Pastor Bakare there is surely hope. There is hope.

naijamini
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 06, 2009
Did Obasanjo ever get around to writing his biography? I'd like to read it.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Rooneyboy(m): 5:04am On Oct 06, 2009
And i quote "Please take time to watch and respond" .Sorry brother no time 4 such rubbish. I dey use my time go hustle. cool
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by MUZBO(m): 5:55am On Oct 06, 2009
No miracles for Naija?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by MUZBO(m): 5:56am On Oct 06, 2009
No miracles for Naija?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by sjeezy8: 7:21am On Oct 06, 2009
I like the message so much i watched it twice lol
Though he is a pastor i watched it religion/tribe aside, and sunk in everything he said.
Now i see the 100% resource control, land GRA, etc . . . . . . differently.

Pastors are suppose to be like dis, preaching with a sense of practicalness.

I was laughing when he blasted the pastor he saw on TV. Its very true many pastors unlike like Bakare preach about religion ONLY and leave out rational behavior that is needed.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Tudor6(f): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2009
Pastor Tunde is the only pastor I have some respect for. He speaks things the way they are and never afraid of the political authorities.

Other pastors like Adeboye prefer to go into homosexual relationships with corrupt leaders like OBJ just to line their pockets.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by proudly9ja(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2009
I personally think if Nigerians went to church every sunday and heard messages like this, we would have stood up for our rights long ago.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Nezan(m): 10:53am On Oct 06, 2009
huh??
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2009
Today,it's baba adeboye, tomorrow,it's bakare, Enough of all these fake prophecies.by the way,what happened to the prophecy made 3 years ago by all most all nigeria pastors that yaradua will die before six months in office, Abeg,make them rest,
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Ben13: 11:32am On Oct 06, 2009
who made Bakare the president?

when will Nigerians stop taking advantage of democracy to down grade the power of the government.

Instead of the Bakare guy to concentrate on his pupit and minister to lives just like other minsters of God do; he wasted this whole time reading the state of the nation or whatever.

No wonder the programme themed "The return of the King" was organised by his boiz to "crown" him king. I went for the programme thinking the King they're talking about is Christ in heaven, not knowing there was a different plan.

The corruption has also extended to the church where we all think the present stae of the nation should be tackled from.

I wish I have his personal line.

Rabbish!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Esejojo: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2009
I am a little confused as to the side of the fence Pastor Bakare belongs to, which brings to mind a verse of the Bible that says "A Double Minded Man Is Unstable in All His Ways". Last year, during his "Annual Independence day broadcast", he posited that Nigeria's president is SICK (an obvious fact), and that a SICK leader (quoting a verse from the bible) cannot preside over a nation.Ostensibly, due to aspersions cast on him by Nigerians who felt that as a Man of God, instead of condemning the president as being sick,he should call for divine intervention to remedy the president's ill-health condition,Pastor Bakare, the following year (2009), adviced the Nation to desist  from critical attacks on the president on the basis of his health condition and that the physical condition of a Leader should not be the criterion for electing people to public offices. He citied President Thodore Roosevelt, who was confined to a wheel chair, as an example of performance not being tied to the physical well being of a leader.
Not one that delights in taking swipes at Men-Of-God, But I think that certain utterances by our religious leaders should be guided and well thought of before being expresses in a public forum. Granted, Nigerians adore individuals who come out to openly criticise political leaders, but critical attacks on the Government is not the basis for judging who a true Man Of God is. A great number of Religious leaders can go on TV stations (paying over 5Million per hour on AIT for a live broadcast) and critize the ruling class, but they would rather tread on the path of Wisdom and instead pray for the revival of the Nation.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by chosen04(f): 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2009
IS PRESIDENT YAR'UDA STILL REV TUNDE BAKARE'S GOD SENT SAVIOUR FOR NIGERIA LIKE HE PROPHESIED IMMEDIATELY HE (YAR'UDA'S GOVERNMENT) CAME ON BOARD?.

Rev. Tunde is confusing Nigerians
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Epiphany(m): 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2009
Tudór:

Pastor Tunde is the only pastor I have some respect for. He speaks things the way they are and never afraid of the political authorities.

Other pastors like Adeboye prefer to go into homosexual relationships with corrupt leaders like OBJ just to line their pockets.

shocked

O boy you harsh o. . . very wickid grin grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by bonna4u(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2009
I don't think Rev Tunde wanted to confuse Nigerians. Rather he wanted to be the first prophet to bring the goodnews (sorry fake news). Next time he wants to speak to the people, he should verify his thougths abi facts.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Mokwe: 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2009
Thanks for the upload.

smiley
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by oba3: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2009
Why don't we take what we can take from the messages of the men-of-God and leave the rest to God instead of talking about things we know nothing about. If you do not believe what a minister of the word says, then leave it and hold on to what you believe. Their declarations is a matter between them and the God they profess to represent. Believe me God is not so impotent that He cannot defend Himself or confront those who are using His name falsely. Don't because you do not believe what someone says bring up curses on yourself.
Just keep shut on issues you have no business commenting about lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by sjeezy8: 1:34am On Oct 07, 2009
Why cant some people listen to what he is saying aside from religion.

Martin luther king in America did it also now he is. Whether he made predictions or not. Listen to what hes sayin about Government and its policies its no different from what the common Nigerian thinks. He atleast has the balls to sayit and has actually been arrested for his opinion. View him as someone who is speaks the truth about Nigeria and not as a pastor or religious prophet.

i havent seen any other pastor or that much people say it openly
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by Fhemmmy: 1:49am On Oct 07, 2009
The man made a lot of sense.
nigeria is in the wrong hands and he seems to be the only one so far that says, \nigeria has something to be happy.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by proudly9ja(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2009
If we take time to listen to what he has said, we will all see that it's nothing but the truth.

I only wish we can remove sentiments and issues about religion and analyse the message not the messenger.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare's State Of The Nation Broadcast. by pete(m): 3:06am On Oct 13, 2009
I wish Nigerians could actual see somewhat differently than they had been doing for years. M L King was a reverend too. He preached everywhere he went. He started the crusade for Civil rights from the pulpit. We need more and more Bakares, more Felas and more folks with public clout calling for justice. We need Imams and school teachers and pastors to start crying for social justice.

I once met a prof. from Boston University who told me he wrote part of his PH.d thesis on Fela. I was like wow. It's a shame that we Africans seldom realise the impact of such social crusades.Thats the reason our unelected thieving politicians surmise that they could play on our intelligence and get away with it. I makes me go nuts when I see stuff like this.

Just imagine if the likes of the Dasuki and Adeboyes and Oyedepo begin to teach those who listen to them, on the needs to be socially conscious. I'm praying and I believe we'll get there some day.

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi: Derugulation Will Cause Inflation / 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! / The Most Fashionable: Fashola’s Wife VS Tinubu’s Wife! Who Hot Pass?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.