Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State (9254 Views)

220,000 PVCs Still Lying Waste In Anambra - REC / 657,000 Pvcs Abandoned In Oyo State / APC Delegates Turn Pvcs Into ATM Cards In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Mandynews(f): 5:45am On Sep 05, 2016
WITH few days to the election, a middle-aged man was, weekend, arrested with about 25 Permanent Voters Card (PVCs) at Ugo in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of the state.

The man was alleged to have been luring people by telling them that whosoever submits his/her PVC would be given a N200,000 empowerment loan.

A resident of the area, who was involved in the arrest of the suspect, said: “This morning, we got information that one boy was collecting PVCs from some people. We then decided to look for the boy. We were able to locate him as he was tracked to his house and 25 PVCs were found with him. The boy said he was asked to do so by some of his leaders in Ugo. He said he was told that anyone who surrendered his card will be given a loan worth of N200,000.

“That motivated the people to give out their cards. We then took the boy to the police station at Ugo. They had earlier warned him to stop what he was doing but he did not listen.”

Edo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Chris Ezike, confirmed the arrest pointing out that the suspect would be moved and the case transferred to the headquarters of the state police command in Benin.

He, however, said: “The information I received was that he was caught with 10 PVC s. I have instructed that the matter be transferred to the state headquarters. We have advised all to play by the rules

Spokesperson for INEC in the state, Mrs. Priscillia Sule, who neither confirmed nor denied the incident, promised to contact the officials in charge of the area for details.

Meanwhile, the PDP has written INEC over the identities of those who will conduct the election.

Quoting from excerpts of its letter to INEC, PDP Publicity Secretary Chris O Nehikhare, in a statement, said: As part of our preparations for the Edo State gubernatorial election slated for Saturday September 10, 2016 we have formally requested for a meeting with staff (Local Government Collation Officers, Returning Officer for the State, Staff in charge of card readers, E-Collation Officers and members of the ICT team) of INEC assigned to the state to conduct the elections in Edo State.

‘’You will be aware that as at today 5/09/2016 (5 days before the elections), the names and identities of these staff have not been made public. Information available to us is that INEC has granted requests made by the APC for a similar meeting with the above mentioned staff. We are reliably informed that members of APC have been granted remote access to INEC servers and INEC e-collation platforms. ‘’We are informed that this was done in furtherance of a plan by certain officials of INEC to grant APC real time access to INEC’s e-collation platforms in a bid to enable them manipulate results on the field at polling stations where they are losing elections or disrupt the electoral process at such locations. We believe that such a meeting will avail us the opportunity to lay our complaints.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/man-caught-25-pvcs/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by maryjan8(f): 6:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by maryjan8(f): 6:02am On Sep 05, 2016
They are looking for ways to manipulate this election.

5 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Abeymills(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2016
Apc n bubuhari have inec under thier control

15 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by herzern(m): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2016
25 PVC's?? shocked.....

Please.....Shall We start the riqqinq??
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by herzern(m): 7:29am On Sep 05, 2016
cool
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by blithe2nice(m): 7:29am On Sep 05, 2016
See as d guy resemble my governor. Oshomole my real guy......after dat debate yesterday on channels,I wonder what he will be thinking right now. I thought he will come to speak for his boy obaseki at the debate o...hmmmm

7 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by saintkel(m): 7:29am On Sep 05, 2016
Nawa o, d heat is on, wish d best Candidate d best of luck
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by MadeInTokyo: 7:31am On Sep 05, 2016
grin grin grin

APC are desperate

Edolites have made up their mind come this Saturday.....Pastor ize Iyamu is our next Governor.... Quote me

7 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by kelvinkosi(m): 7:32am On Sep 05, 2016
Chisos...... shocked shocked dis people carry plenty change come oooo....... cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by pyyxxaro: 7:33am On Sep 05, 2016
It's getting HOT HOTTER HOTTEST

Make I siddon for IROKO tree de observe them
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by aninexzy(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2016
maryjan8:
Ok
. The man himself. Na pvc. Machine. Which of the party d sponsor am seph?
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by BENITAPrecious: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2016
we need prayers in this country

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 05, 2016
Pastor ize Iyamu will Christianize Edo state.

This is the plan of CAN and the entire Xtians in Nigeria.

Akeredolu is a better candidate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4196415_criv5svwgaauqad1_jpeg11a4e11524fd7bf2f99c0c1157f14d4c

3 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:35am On Sep 05, 2016
chai
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by alphamodel1(m): 7:35am On Sep 05, 2016
Its APC again, before u know it, we will be having the same result Kano state gave to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by edlion57(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2016
If it is PDP that dis boy is work for der will boldly state it....ApC.... desperate..but nothing to offer

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by sosanova: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2016
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin grin

APC are desperate

Edolites have made up their mind come this Saturday.....Pastor ize Iyamu is our next Governor.... Quote me

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Nellybank(m): 7:42am On Sep 05, 2016
Now APC is busy promising everyone 10k per month forgetting to tell dem dere is no money. After election story go change. Everything written about APC is lair. Click 'Like' for Pastor Izamu and click 'share' for dat ugly APC lair.

21 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Ozorc: 7:50am On Sep 05, 2016
I don't know why people are complaining, after all Supreme have set a presedence dt higest rigger with gun shots wins election using Rivers for example...
If they like let Apc or Pdp kill everybody in Edo, all we know is let INEC announce d result dt all....

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Francon(f): 7:54am On Sep 05, 2016
APC are already on top their games as usual. Make we Sidon dey look
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2016
I'll be here to read the outcome of the police investigation. That's if there will be any. Check my signature quickly.
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by jide219(m): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2016
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin grin

APC are desperate

if ize iyamu win the election I go deactivate my account

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Slymonster(m): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2016
both parties are doing the same thing...buying pvc....this election will be so bought on that day with money and then thugs are every unit...i havnt benefited any from government,dont have any reason to waste my time that day
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Paperwhite(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2016
It's only in countries like Nigeria where one find trend of this nature-politics of do-or-die.Though the political divide of this daring agent was not revealed,I strongly suspect he is an APC fellow going by their desperation because of the immenient defeat starring them in the face now
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by Paperwhite(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2016
Ozorc:
I don't know why people are complaining, after all Supreme have set a presedence dt higest rigger with gun shots wins election using Rivers for example...
If they like let Apc or Pdp kill everybody in Edo, all we know is let INEC announce d result dt all....
So that is why APC should go desperate.Thought they came for a "change" on how it should be done? SMH!
Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by sosanova: 8:30am On Sep 05, 2016
jide219:
if ize iyamu win the election I go deactivate my account

I quote u

grin grin grin

Be prepared to deactivate ur account by Saturday evening or else I will label u a bastard

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 25 Pvcs In Edo State by wheesin(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2016
na so. As usual, no election proceeds without rigging and corruption. Everything thing still goes through the same routine. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nkechi Ikpeazu Welcomes First Baby Of The Year In Abia, Pays Hospital Bills / Breaking!! Nigeria Can't Find Buyers For Her Oil / Recent Picture Of Former Nigeria Minister Of Petroleum Alison Madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.