Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,593 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report (29682 Views)

President Buhari addresses Nigerians, Says he is deeply Grateful (VIDEO) / Nigeria Deeply Divided - UN Report / Nigeria Deeply Divided-un Report (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Lushore1: 10:44am On Sep 05, 2016
Poverty and hunger have remained high in rural areas, remote communities and among female-headed households and these cut across the six geo- political zones, with prevalence ranging from approximately 46.9 per cent in the South-West to 74.3 per cent in North-West and North- East.

The poverty and hunger rates is alarming. Although southwest has continue to have lowest poverty rate and hunger rate, i think 46.9 percent is way to high.

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by linkin8k(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2016
GMBuhari:

Did Boko haram blow up pipelines?

Boko haram faced the north and even now they are powerless

GEJ's mercenaries blew pipelines that affected whole of Nigeria and it's economy , in my book, Boko haram deserves amnesty as long as they surrender andi believe they are lesser of two evils, Boko haram did not launch arewa secession, they didn't call for a country, they didn't sabotage the economy but most of all , they are not encouraged with new hilux , prompt payments of suicide fees which was Dasuki's main job under GEJ's watch

What astonished me about this comment is that 7 people actually support what was said.

A group that has ties with ISIS is now lesser of the two evils?

A group that has been quoted to be deadly than ISIS with over 20,000 kills should be given amnesty? Because the militants whom carry out non-fatal fights to get heard were given amnesty?

This is the reason why UN says Nigeria is deeply divided. If we're being honest to ourselves, we'd see the truth in that statement.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by chalsixtus(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Yes!....and they will dry up the Lagoon and build mansions there while Your people relocate to their villages.

and the northerners will come to the lagoon and beg for bread just like dy do in pH n every southern states

oopz doz are libians again

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Eluwilussit(m): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2016
GMBuhari:

GEJ's mercenaries blew pipelines that affected whole of Nigeria and it's economy , in my book, Boko haram deserves amnesty as long as they surrender andi believe they are lesser of two evils, Boko haram did not launch arewa secession, they didn't call for a country, they didn't sabotage the economy but most of all , they are not encouraged with new hilux , prompt payments of suicide fees which was Dasuki's main job under GEJ's watch

****So oil pipelines are more important to you than the thousands of lives lost and the millions of people in IDPs? **** angry angry angry

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by rikamann: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2016
Please don't allow Westerners turn us to Sudan, WAR is terrible.
See what Sudan, Libya, Bahrain, etc are today.
Unity is the only solution because we can't go our separate ways without war
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by electrokcoi(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2016
GMBuhari:
Some goats are still talking about crude oil

Anyways Nigeria was supposed to be one

Without that crude oil Nigerians would be one, unfortunately however, some people believe oil is for them and that's the main reason for ruckus

Northerners are not formenting trouble, neither are the south westerners

Fill in the gap as to who is making trouble
but let me ask you, if u are not benefiting from me like am not gaining any thing from you, then why not let me be on my own

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by ShootToKill: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2016
UN must have been hijacked by IPOB and Nnamdi kanu inside his prison cell- Afonjarudeens

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2016
vani86:

By your logic, a faction that kills at random, behead women and children at random just because "western education is a sin" to them is better than a faction that is fighting a clear injustice against them, a group of people whose homes are destroyed as well as livelihood now protest the only way they know how, they dont kill at random, but attack just d federal might to show they should indeed have a say in their land..

Very well then, i now know where to class you based on your reasoning
Dont mind the guy,i would have replied him but he is not worth it.

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by pippimp(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2016
redcap:

I don't believe in violence but if becomes inevitable then I'm left with little choice.All I know is that Nigeria can never survive a second civil war,it'll be fight to finish this time and every one will be involved cos' no sitting on the fence this time.So if you think a particular region will be safe from the consequence of another war,think again.

All i know is war is never an option. I've seen it first hand. I've been part of it. It will make you do things you never thought of. And those were organized wars. What do you think would happen in a country where it's people think like savages in peace time.
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by madridsta007(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2016
Emancipation:
The world is beginning to see Nigeria for what it truly is: A divided Nation artificially united by crude oil.

Policymakers and policy bodies around the world knew that a long time ago. Especially the British colonialists. Why did you think they amalgamated the country in 1914?

Nigerians know this too. It is just that for some strange reason we like deceiving ourselves.

Nigeria is the only country that thinks it can get 'unity' by shouting the slogan 'One Nigeria'. Very funny people. I've never seen the British shouting 'One Britain' or the Indians shouting 'One India!' or even Ghanaians shouting 'One Ghana!' in the attempt to get some form of unity.

We are just one hilarious bunch.

Unity is gotten by ensuring the same value system around the country. Uniformity of value system— one built on merit and strictly merit. Not tribe, ethnicity, religion, or nepotism.

We know this. We just like deceiving ourselves. Smh.

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Unbrandedguy: 10:56am On Sep 05, 2016
LoveDecay:

The disintegration of eastern nigeria into the lagoon grin

Its still preferable to concucted togetherness called Nigeria. I bet u the eastern region will still turn the lagoons to Dubai, and u will come there for holidays and vacations..

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by kettle84(m): 10:58am On Sep 05, 2016
Emancipation:
The world is beginning to see Nigeria for what it truly is: A divided Nation artificially united by crude oil.
bro you said the whole truth.
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Unbrandedguy: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2016
pippimp:

All i know is war is never an option. I've seen it first hand. I've been part of it. It will make you do things you never thought of. And those were organized wars. What do you think would happen in a country where it's people think like savages in peace time.
Then let this entity called Nigeria be divided peacefully..

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by redcap: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2016
pippimp:

Exactly my thought but it's becoming quite clear that disintergration is eminent the only unknown variable is how we go about it.
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 10:59am On Sep 05, 2016
Ivoryred:
divided kwa......buhari sef....sai bubu,sai oke mkpi.
Meaning?
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Unbrandedguy: 11:01am On Sep 05, 2016
rikamann:
Please don't allow Westerners turn us to Sudan, WAR is terrible.
See what Sudan, Libya, Bahrain, etc are today.
Unity is the only solution because we can't go our separate ways without war

Its possible. We can. We just have to map out the modalities. Its a choice, we can go seperate ways without crises.
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 05, 2016
otukpo:
Nigerians have never been this divided.

All this is because a tribe in nigeria lost d elections... they accuse govt of nepotism yet they remain d most tribalistic set of human race ...they even av a slogan "our brother " ..brother wey use 6yrs wey no bring any development even to his homeland..if a yoruba bcums president wil dat add money to my account or d north wey dey rule no b their side beggars plenty pass..wu tribe epp ..OYO we all dey
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by kelechi17(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2016
sa

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by ayusco85(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2016
wecan:
Nigeria will soon divide. No man can stop, I said it when Buhari is elected as president that Nigeria is doomed, some of you started giving me names, but today how true is my word? Nigeria will never progress and those shouting one Nigeria are the most selfish people of all time, the only solution for peace and progress is disintegration.

Am from the middle belt and I support this assertion.. Nigeria is better off divided than United. I will sign any petition supporting this move

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by seunaj: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2016
GMBuhari:
Some goats are still talking about crude oil

Anyways Nigeria was supposed to be one

Without that crude oil Nigerians would be one, unfortunately however, some people believe oil is for them and that's the main reason for ruckus

Northerners are not formenting trouble, neither are the south westerners

Fill in the gap as to who is making trouble
Guy, it's either Ure an illiterate or u are just idiotically bias. I am a Southwesterner, a YORUBA man to the core but pls don't write shit on my behalf. Avengers are fighting for their right, what is boko haram fighting for?? How many innocent lives has Avengers taken? How many underage girls has Avengers turned into sex slaves? Don't be stwepeed !
Bombing from Avengers have only contributed abt 5% to the dwindling economy. Government inability to balance for the falling oil price is what as landed Nigeria in this shit.

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by ayusco85(m): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2016
Emancipation:

True Story
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by ayusco85(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2016
vani86:
boko haram are operating where?
In the east? ?
Epic reply
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Unbrandedguy: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2016
mu2sa2:
To hell with the report. This is how they mischievously painted Ghaddafi black. Now see the mess Libya is in. Their evil machinations against the Nigerian people will fail.

There are no evil machinations, its simply the truth.. Throw up an opinion poll or referendum and see results.. Don't call them evil, face the fact bro. As peaceful parting will cause no room for crises. I visit your region or country, u visit mine too. If I ain't comfortable staying in your country I relocate.. Isn't it the same way in other counties all over the world?? Stop negative thoughts. Northern Nigeria also have their benefits too, they should be on their own too.

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Ngozi123(f): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2016
The UN have said nothing but the truth. One only needs to read through this thread if they disagree with the report.

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by progress69: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2016
wecan:
Nigeria will soon divide. No man can stop, I said it when Buhari is elected as president that Nigeria is doomed, some of you started giving me names, but today how true is my word? Nigeria will never progress and those shouting one Nigeria are the most selfish people of all time, the only solution for peace and progress is disintegration.

U are just making noise. Nigeira have been divided before Buhari became president. Defeat of Jonathan only fueled the hate. Ipod hated Buhari and took their hate to the polls. Unfortunately gor then, their inconsequential votes didn't stop Bubaro from winning. They all have been bitter since then. And they will remain everlasting bitter.....cos nothing will change

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by ayusco85(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2016
vani86:

By your logic, a faction that kills at random, behead women and children at random just because "western education is a sin" to them is better than a faction that is fighting a clear injustice against them, a group of people whose homes are destroyed as well as livelihood now protest the only way they know how, they dont kill at random, but attack just d federal might to show they should indeed have a say in their land..

Very well then, i now know where to class you based on your reasoning

I can help u out, in case u run out of ideas.. That guy is a disgrace to unbiased reasoning
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by NairaMaster1(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2016
GMBuhari:

This is a show of your ignorance about boko haram. So you don't know that boko haram want Islamic caliphate and implementation of sharia laws. What a daft. I pity you. Boko haram is rated by the UNSC as the most deadly terrorist Group in the world. Is that a good thing to our country? Can you just hear yourself? Where will sentiment and mediocrity take you to?
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Unbrandedguy: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2016
All this is because a tribe in nigeria lost d elections... they accuse govt of nepotism yet they remain d most tribalistic set of human race ...they even av a slogan "our brother " ..brother wey use 6yrs wey no bring any development even to his homeland..if a yoruba bcums president wil dat add money to my account or d north wey dey rule no b their side beggars plenty pass..wu tribe epp ..OYO we all dey[/quote]

Biafra cause has been. Existing even during Jonathan tenure.. He simply did not trouble their moves period. I knw on several occasions wen they were even attacked by state security men during gej tenure. So forget this your sudden waking up from sleep. Buhari only fueled it more, wen he thought he could use force to suppress it.

Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Ivoryred(f): 11:22am On Sep 05, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
Meaning?
huh??
Re: Nigeria Is Deeply Divided - UN Report by Unbrandedguy: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2016
ShootToKill:
UN must have been hijacked by IPOB and Nnamdi kanu inside his prison cell- Afonjarudeens

Lols.. Na high bp u dey so oo, UN talk truth u call them IPOB.. Lols, u no see say na severe migraine dey worry u.. Splitting of Nigeria is not causing any war.. Every Region stands to gain from it. SW, NORTH AND SS/SE. they stand to Gian from this oo. Emancipate your self from negative thoughts.

INEC Directs Sokoto REC, Dr Nura Ali, To Stay Away From Office / FLOOD: Road To Jonathan’s Hometown Submerged In Bayelsa / 2019 Elections: Oby Ezekwesili Seeks Public Support; Releases Bank Details

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55