Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. (35543 Views)

August Holidays: My Friend's Children Scattering His Sitting Room (Photos) / 10 Universities That Accept 2.2 And 3rd Class Graduate For Masters Degree / When You Have Been Misbehaving In School And Your Grandma Goes To PTA Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
femi4:
You are right..I have a mech eng friend with a weak 2.2 (2.55) working in ExxonMobil. How she got there remain a mystery to me

You see. ...
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Fidelismaria: 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
OP tell her to commit suicide nonsense na because she see person console her she day do yanga
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by ElSherriff: 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
Usually I dont comment when its not front page...But she has every right to be mad at herself and from the first outlook, she must be made to realize that in present day reality 2.2 is not such a cool result...philosophically, we may justify it, but realistically, the job market filters all of us.

Be that as it may, I know personally that your intellects stand you out at the end of the day. I made a 2.2 in Microbiology (a not-so-lucrative course) and felt the world was over. Nope it wasn't. I immediately made a vow not to start working till I got a master's degree and possibly a Ph.D. This I have almost achieved through hard work. In my MSc. class, I graduated best even when we had at least 4 first class graduates as classmates. Am at the final stages of my Ph. D and I work for an International Oil Company, all these in less than 8 years of graduation.

Let her weep her hearts out and tell her the only way it can be right is to make it right afresh. In the end, the race is not for the swift, nor intelligent, God favours all men the exact way he desires.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Sirwallace(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
The class we graduate with doesn't guarantee our subsequent success in life after school but serve as impetus and stimulus to fast track available opportunities that showcase themselves.
I have read so many comments, how guys lambast those who graduated with 2:1 and 1:1 and claimed they are crammers and dummy who only study hard to pass.

I am an undergraduate and a potential first class student with a CGPA close to first class in my final year now. I know what it takes to come with first class and how 2:1 study hard to maintain their grades every semester. These grades comes with punctuality in class, brilliancy, punctuality, creativity and hard work which employers of labour needed In any prospective employees. Never ridicule a first class graduates cus u have no idea what this guys go through to get that degree while they were in school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
You can't blame her maybe her life depend on that result.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Chigold101(m): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
I just seems not to get her, she was just saying she was being cheated, she deserves more than that... Bla bla... Thanks bro
tell her to take the school to court, simply.
If she insists she has been cheated.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
Harinholar:
And this is d beginning of it all.....wen u are not being thankful for that which u have received then......wot of doz pipu dat started with u and are not opportune to even see their last grade on campus.....she had better ask for forgiveness of her sins bfor it wll be too late for her....because she never knew wot God had had in stock for her....

#No matter my grade....I alwaz hope for the best###
seconded dear... You spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sirwallace:
The class we graduate with doesn't guarantee our subsequent success in life after school but serve as impetus and stimulus to fast track available opportunities that showcase themselves.
I have read so many comments, how guys lambast those who graduated with 2:1 and 1:1 and claimed they are crammers and dummy who only study hard to pass.

I am an undergraduate and a potential first class student with a CGPA close to first class in my final year now. I know what it takes to come with first class and how 2:1 study hard to maintain their grades every semester. These grades comes with punctuality in class, brilliancy, punctuality, creativity and hard work which employers of labour needed In any prospective employees. Never ridicule a first class graduates cus u have no idea what this guys go through to get that degree while they were in school.
I get your point bro.... But do you know some department in federal University has politicise awarding grades to their students? For instance, it is only those students that dances to their tune or possibly those female students that have been laid and molested gets the best grades.... I swear am only saying all this cos I perfectly understood why she was given that grade.... But I know for sure, her life doesn't depends on that certificate.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by hardbody: 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
Your friend needs a strong weed (preferably wet ukwani weed) and a strong good lay. She will come back to her senses and give God all the Glory.

Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by chachanga: 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
Nigerian youths and their deficient educational legacies.

So much emphasis placed on 2.1

Obvious she's not being mentored to have any entrepreneurial leaning. No initiative, no creative venturing mentality, just another jobseeker waiting to happen!

She's obviously not a self-starter.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Trust2001(m): 1:45pm On Sep 05, 2016
she should run mad like conte
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
Results in Nigeria don't mean shit. I had a 2.2 and never had issues with jobs, I just took time to learn a skill and instead of applying for jobs, started doing some freelance till i got employed. Education in Nigeria doesn't guarantee a job like that but a 2.1 doesn't meany anything but what matters is the education you learnt and making something out of it.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Kobicove(m): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
OP, do you even know the meaning of the word "Misbehave"?
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by oludollar(m): 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
U shld stil tnk God u graduated wit 2.2...wats d faith of those dt graduated wit a 3rd class or pass.my dear,jst upgrade ursef by going for a master's to boost ur certificate.lyf goes on.so many peeps who didn't even mk dat 2.2 r doin fine
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
Mekyno:

wait ooo, are u not aware or u are pretending?
1st class and 2:1 frm within and outside nigeria. Some with distinction in master self.
Everything is wrong, guy; there is a systematic failure.
I know of first class in petroleum (masters) then, i wept for her, and many strong 2:1 dat are grounded in engineering that are still lookin for job/work, even if it is 50k.
Job opportunities increases arithmetric progression while applicants are increases in geometric progression, if u understand what i mean.
May God have mercy
Well, this goes to prove that some people make first class in the class and in other area of their life are third class students.
I know a first class student who applied for the BigFour(KPMG, pWc) and got rejected both times. These are multinational partnership I that they don't do connections or who you know thing.
He was a first class student in the books but lacks other essential kills necessary for the industry.
And most Nigerian undergraduate also lack the skills necessary for job hunting.
Some don't even know how to use online resources to look for job. Others have no plans about where they want to go.
I asked a final year student one certain time, what industry do you want to go into when you are done with school. His response, in his words was "Oil company". I asked him, which of them and he said, Shell or NNPC. My further findings revealed that this young man didn't know what he wanted, he didn't even know there are hundreds of oil companies in Nigeria, he didn't know what is required of the industry,.
And this, is the sad faith of most of the job seekers in the labour market.
I do not dispute that the political interference and who you know syndrome in job placement in some places prevails over most other qualifications. I however believe that a degree is just a basis for entering the labour market, the other skills required to be "employable", you need to acquire them yourself.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by mistermorex: 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
Wetin be your own for this action film?
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Ontop123(m): 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Tell your friend that I graduated with 2.2 in Mechanical Engineering and I got a nice job two weeks to my pop. Currently firms in the Automobile industry knock at my door to join them cos I've proved myself beyond my grade. Though I wasn't very happy to finish with that grade nevertheless it's not a reason to be sad either. let her take courage and see herself as a history maker. Class of Degree determined just 5% of your future career growth while the remaining 95% is determined by God's grace, connection and your altitude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Porthos: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
ifeomaekol:
Op jux allow her to rant until she becomes tired maybe she's doing all this b/c u are giving her undue attention. 2.2 is gd tho nt as good as 1st class n 2.1 bt wat she needs is a poastive out look in life. Haven't she heard of lecturers with 3rd class? Who 2.1 help?? Pple wey come out wt 2.1 n 1st class still confused n roaming who dem epp

lol.... I like u...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
Kylekent59:
It is better she goes mad idiot. Many were nt opportune to study but still happy in life whereas she had 2.2 nd still living. Dnt use ur past to judge ur future. Tell her I said so
Easy there, no need for insults. How is calling her an idiot going solve anything. People handle disappointments differently. If she is entirely sure of her grades, then she can take it up with those in charge, it might have been an error. If not, give her a little time she'd get over it. Everyone does.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by OgbeniSamm(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
Let her read the story of any of these great men Mark Zuck', Michael Dell, Aliko Dangote, Steve Jobs or Mrs Funsho Alakija, and she will be alright.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by TBankxx(m): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2016
I truly believe what she needs ryt now is just a bottle of Orijin
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by guiddoti: 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sirwallace:

While you are right at you comment, am not supporting guys who have other motive behind hating 2:1 or 1:1. All I have come to understand on getting those grades without 'sorting' or cheating in the exam hall stand you out, even 2:2. There was this saying back then " read to know; sort to pass"
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Alegirl: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
Tell of a lady that graduated with 2.1,that same month she had an accident and died on the spot.

she should be grateful for life
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by bigmoztj(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bros honestly your girlfriend does not have a problem

Please she should read this few lines in the picture if she know more that Einstein then she will tell me.
That's the man who was refused PhD but went on to write history on the sand of time.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by cee001(m): 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
gabi101:

coolshare this with your friend Hebrews 13:5, “I will not in any way fail you or give up on you.” God said it three times because He knew how easy it would be to give up on what we’re believing for.she should not let her circumstances talk her out of His best. smiley

Guy which translation is the above passage rendered in?
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Izzybaba(m): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
Your FRIEND Or YOU
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by delerx(m): 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
I said it, engineering girls r wicked.God pls save us from all engineering ladies cos the engines don replace their souls
Sempumping:
Tell dat ur friend to smoke some weed to calm her nerves down...

Your graduating class doesn't matter 1 bit

All she needs is the right connection

I made a 2.1 and I have friends that also are 4 pointers in Engineering ooo and we are still roaming the street ...

And if she won't calm down ,give her a bottle of sniper

2.1 and 1st class is good but having the right connection is better ...

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
GloShare:

You can't cure stupidity from the outside...
If she thinks 2.2 is useless, then she doesn't deserve any education in the first place.
she didn't say it was useless. When you worked so hard and is convinced beyond doubt that your effort will yield a particular minimum result but sees otherwise, it breaks the heart. It makes your nerves work more than all the effort you already put in such project to find out why. When such happens, anybody on matter how strong, can get broken.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Ozugbo(m): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
Hello all, please I need your candid opinion on how to calm my friend down cos she's been misbehaving since she checked her result after it was pasted that she made 2.2 which is far below her expectations.

She claimed she has been cheated cos at at 300L, she was on 2.1(3.87/5.00), their 400L results were not made known to them till they released the graduating list. Now she is downcast and has been behaving funny like she's about to go mad.

I tried talking to her that she's not done bad and besides it doesn't matter what you graduate with, that is God who favors one out there in the Labour market.... I have heard of first class and 2.1 roaming the street with no job.....

Pls help me on useful advises for her. Thanks.
Tell ur frnd say I still dey hustle with my 2:1.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by jkrist: 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2016
pathetic
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Mayflowa(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
I just seems not to get her, she was just saying she was being cheated, she deserves more than that... Bla bla... Thanks bro

It's alright to calm and motivate her. But if she really feel cheated, all universities has a process of grade appeal. She should demand for her grade in all her courses and protest those she believe she was cheated on.

What has she got to lose? She can fall more than 2.2. I am a lecturer in a Nigeria university, I know some lecturers don't grade students well. If the department refuse to give her her grade, she should write a letter to the Dean and then the registrar of her school.

If they all fall, take the case to high Court. The department is so guilty not to release semesters results. after all the payment she made to the school. The law court won't take that easy. I wish you guys Goodluck and stop giving in to oppression. Challenge order.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Made 2.2 And She's Been Misbehaving.. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
No Vex No Nonsense you dey talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh Benue State University Graduate Celebrates. People React / Kaduna Teachers’ Competency Test: The Untold Story / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.