Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty (25525 Views)

"Jonathan, The Poorest Ex-President, His Parlour Can’t Hold 10 People" - Igali / 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Decibel: 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Chai, Nigeria technically an IDP camp

My comment was based on the statistical data made available by CCA in their Report. It's embarrassing to say the least embarassed
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Kirinwa: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
Damilare5882:
Mismanagement of resources by our corrupt leaders is the cause.. BUT I STRONGLY BELIEVE THIS IS GONNA END ONE DAY.........If you believe Nigeria is gonna RISE and be Great again.........Hit like

Madness dey worry you.
For us to be great like this is impossible unless we hold our leaders responsible for our predicament like China.

In China government officials fear corruption like leprosy cos if you embezzle government money, you get executed. That way they sit up.

I think that is what Nigeria needs now.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Ugosample(m): 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
welzyj2:

Na old pic dem attach even thou some facts are correct. I don't think 80 million are below poverty line Oºº. #haba i can say out of 180 million pple 100 are poor. Below poverty which is extreme cant b more dan 30. Abeg make oyinbo no paint us anyhow. angry

You have not been to the north before.
If you have, then you will not say what you just said up there

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Pylony(m): 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
Decibel:

Exactly, imagine a lot of Chadians and Nigeriens claiming zoogerians because they can speak Hausa as well as being treated well more than her citizens.
Thats why Boko haram seems to be a legion of swamping wild bees from the desert, the more you kill them the more they keep appearing simply because many are either from Niger, Mali or Chad.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by winj: 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
shammah1:
Thanks to Buhari / APC cry

I pray that things gets better soon! The suffering is just too much for the poor. It's well!

@sammygyang
One of the solutions:
STOP having children if you and the nation cannot feed them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by damon232: 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
Vizkizz:
[b]I regret ever voting for buhari. Lord please can you still forgive me for this sin I committed?

I thought I was doing the right thing.

I thought he was the man you proposed for our restoration

I thought he was the agent of POSITIVE change

Will we continue like this for the next 3years? cry

Instead of his regime to work towards our upliftment they are busy arresting someone who named his dog buhari. cry

Instead of $1=1 naira, it's $1= 420+

Instead of 5k per month for the jobless youths, it is having more jobless youths out there

Instead of 12 hours of constant electricity, it is 2 hours low current

Instead of good roads, it is trip to different countries all over the world we are reading on the news.

Instead of adding more money to my account balance, it's now deducting money for every of my transaction. I mean even the 2500 naira left as my account balance is not safe. I now have to choose between pick pockets or federal government for a batter way to misplace my money cry

The one that pains me the most is

I CAN'T EVEN EAT RICE ON SUNDAYS AGAIN!!! cry
[/b]
Them just stole my 75 amp motor battery some five munites ago. We are finished. But I nor go give up. I will pray so that God will forgive us for votting for apc dullest gross incompetent Buhari government.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by kettle84(m): 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2016
Damilare5882:
Mismanagement of resources by our corrupt leaders is the cause.. BUT I STRONGLY BELIEVE THIS IS GONNA END ONE DAY.........If you believe Nigeria is gonna RISE and be Great again.........Hit like
keep dreaming.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Decibel: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
damon232:
Them just stole my 75 amp motor battery some five munites ago . We are finished. But I nor go give up. I will pray so that God will forgive us for votting for apc dullest gross incompetent Buhari government.
At Work or in Kazeem workshop? That's bad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by fortunateice(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
Before buhari, 50 naira is enough for me to buy garri, sugar and kuli kuli... But now hmmmm i no fit shout. Soon 50 will be useless just like 5 naira... Our God is alive he will see us through in jesus name
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by damon232: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
Decibel:
Buhari's making

Nigeria is the poorest and unequal country in the world, with over 80m of her population living below poverty line.-CCA(Sept. 2016)

80m out of bogus 170m on poverty line? That's a whole lot of 47%; indeed Nigeria is technically an IDP Camp

grin grin

Cc
aresa
seunmsg
Modath
Na Buhari go become IDP people and not the entire Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Decibel: 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
damon232:
Na Buhari go become IDP people and not the entire Nigerians.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by damon232: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
rabex123:
They have set their site on Nigeria .
We know what happens to countries they have 'analyzed and intervened in'.
We are not in the best of positions but we are NIGERIANS..WE CAN MAKE IT.
BUnch of looters and capitalist organisation they will create moor poverty artificial wars and then loot the country dry.
these are the prople with worned out brains.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by shammah1(m): 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
True
winj:

One of the solutions:
STOP having children if you and the nation cannot feed them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
grin In 2019 When Nigerians hear APC

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by nkemjacob2(m): 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
Looking @ d large amount. The people who are our leaders do not care, but all about their allowance and car
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by damon232: 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
Decibel:

At Work or in Kazeem workshop? That's bad
We just parked about five yards near Kazeem's resident and cross to buy a cartoon of malt with pickup Hilux and returned and saw the battery removed.
Thanks for the concern. This hardship caused by Buhari that has turned Nigerians to become thieves, will definitely go with Buhari in 2019
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by zuto4u(m): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
Agitation, protest, demonstration, critics and war would never help this country rather, they would deteriorate and exacerbate the situation. What this country needs now is serious and devoted prayers from her citizenry. The country is in serious turmoil. I used to be so proud of Nigeria here in UAE but not anymore. I no longer feel comfortable watching BBC news when my friends from other countries are around, because of the fear of what BBC might display about Nigeria. May God deliver Nigeria from the shackles of poverty and backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by amtalkin(f): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
Decibel:
“In Nigeria, 37% of children under five years old were stunted, 18 percent wasted, 29% underweight and overall, only 10% of children aged 6-23 months are fed appropriately based on recommended infant and young children feeding practices.
“Youth unemployment which is 42% in 2016 is very high, creating poverty, helplessness, despair and easy target for crime and terrorism. Over 10 million children of school age are out of schools with no knowledge and skills.
- CCA(Sept. 2016)

grin
Cc
aresa
seunmsg
Modath
Fastshipping.

The more you look at that picture the more you understand. See the guy with the bad hair cut (Nigeria economy presently) he is smiling!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by zuto4u(m): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
AMEN!!!
fortunateice:
Before buhari, 50 naira is enough for me to buy garri, sugar and kuli kuli... But now hmmmm i no fit shout. Soon 50 will be useless just like 5 naira... Our God is alive he will see us through in jesus name
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Decibel: 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
amtalkin:

The more you look at that picture the more you understand. See the guy with the bad hair cut (Nigeria economy presently) he is smiling!!!
According to Femi Adeshina, he said that people complaining of hardship are PDP supporters and that a lot of zoogerians are happy with the present Government at the centre .

That haircut picture caused Twitter war cheesy
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by columbus007(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
Vizkizz:
[b]I regret ever voting for buhari. Lord please can you still forgive me for this sin I committed?

I thought I was doing the right thing.

I thought he was the man you proposed for our restoration

I thought he was the agent of POSITIVE change

Will we continue like this for the next 3years? cry

Instead of his regime to work towards our upliftment they are busy arresting someone who named his dog buhari. cry

Instead of $1=1 naira, it's $1= 420+

Instead of 5k per month for the jobless youths, it is having more jobless youths out there

Instead of 12 hours of constant electricity, it is 2 hours low current

Instead of good roads, it is trip to different countries all over the world we are reading on the news.

Instead of adding more money to my account balance, it's now deducting money for every of my transaction. I mean even the 2500 naira left as my account balance is not safe. I now have to choose between pick pockets or federal government for a batter way to misplace my money cry

The one that pains me the most is

I CAN'T EVEN EAT RICE ON SUNDAYS AGAIN!!! cry
[/b]
it's dawn on you cheesy when I dey talk am dat time una no hear cheesy, roaster we go crow na for small fowl dem dey sabi am.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by omodave(m): 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
We have been cheated again, ,
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by MrDavidson: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
UN and their divisive and in accurate statistics. Was it not two weeks ago one of their sister agencies said 2 million people are still living under BH?
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by nnalue: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
i agree with u.
raphealolami:
Eyin le mon. Things will be better soon
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by BiafraIShere(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
Despite all the facts starring us in the face, some dimwitted zombies are still arguing & denying the UN report. Some Nigerians(the myopic scallywags supporting buhari & his unrelenting destruction of the country) Poverty Is a northern phenomenom~~ Chukwu Soludo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
pippimp:

For you to understand, you need to understand causality. You guys have been looting since the first day of independence. Even if you are not old enough to witness a lot of it at least you have ears. Listen to fela's songs and tell me what is the difference between what he was saying in the 70's and what is happening now. You've had a wound on your leg for years and refused to treat it properly. Now that it has gotten to the point of amputation you are crying. Part of the reason you guys are in the mess you are in is most of you don't think logically. Plus, a lot of you have amnesia. You forget too quickly.
They dont also read
I took time to read all tue materials and books on events after independence and stuff that led yp to the civil war.... men I discovered that the same attitude that people in power displayed is still the same . Nothing changed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by HomeOfMe(f): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
emamos:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/05/nigeria-one-poorest-countries-world-80m-living-poverty-line-un-report/
From one bad news about Nigeria to another! This is the kind of news foreign media likes to report about Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by Rozan10: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hmm meanwhile you can make real cash just by chatting on your TELEGRAM chat app

Go here to start chatting and earning https:///profitrobot?start=63a948bfe6bdab9f5ab4b857926017a6
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by HomeOfMe(f): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
Is there still a place like the first pic in Nigeria? Haba!
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by bejeria101(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
Thanks to the daura cowhead. Zombies wönt fault him,he is their saint.
Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by adconline(m): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
mrkayusfit:
It's a fat lie. Venezuelans and other terrible countries are poorer. Leave Nigeria alone. Buhari is doing a good job. We do not miss GEJ
Typical Naija zombie displaying unbridled stupidity from the abundance of their ignorance. Now it's Venezuela not Kenya??
stagger:

So what is your point? 80m poor folks in Naija vs 5m poor folks in Venezuela.. Can you do math??!
Their situation is a lot better than Naija. Their govt subsidizes food, healthcare and social programs. They are mad that diary products are scarce. If I may ask you where can you get fresh milk in Naija?? Their GPD per capita is over $13k while that of Naija is about $3k. My point is that poor folks in Venezuela are like Kings in Naija.
Government revenue in Venezuela is $142bn while in Naija $30bn and their govt has more than 4x to spend on a 30m people vs Naija with $30bn to spend on 170m peeps. BTW, 70% of that goes to Politrickians and overhead cost. Naija poor folks aren't rioting because they have never received freebies or social benefits from govt, so what's the point of rioting and getting shot??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty by CosmicJames(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
mrkayusfit:
It's a fat lie. Venezuelans and other terrible countries are poorer. Leave Nigeria alone. Buhari is doing a good job. We do not miss GEJ
May God never rule ur life the way PMB is ruling Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Visits Shehu of Borno During PDP Campaign Rally in Maiduguri (Photos) / Ben Murray-bruce Mocks NCC On Data Hike In His Latest Tweet - See Reactions / PHOTOS: Flood In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.