Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life (18803 Views)

Describe Your Spiritual Life In A Sentence. / Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) / Serious About Your Spiritual Life? Then You Need To Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Danny4show(m): 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chubhie:
Here are my top ten tips to spiritualizing your life:

1) Spirituality is not religion. It’s not the same thing that your parents or the guy in the suit knocking on your front door is pedaling. Spirituality arises from somewhere deep inside you. It is a belief that you harbor for no apparent reason. You believe there is more to life, and whilst you can’t quantify or fully explain what that belief is, you have felt it affirmed a hundred times – perhaps through intuitions proven correct, amazing coincidences, a feeling of oneness, or a sign from a dearly departed one that you just couldn’t argue with. Tap into this inner belief and hold it close. It may not be visible, but I believe it is very real.

2) One of the greatest mountains any spiritually inclined person has to cross is their own wayward mind and their egos. Part of becoming spiritual is about taking control of your own inner chatter and making it healthier. Mediation can help, but also just recognizing your own negative patterns, your own ‘Bitching, Moaning and Whining (BMW’ing)’. Spirituality is about trusting in the path of your life, and whilst sometimes that path seems very hard, or people are put there to cross you, it’s your job to think positively, and when relevant to release any negativity or foul thoughts you may have. Cleansing your mind and really taking control of your thoughts is a sure fire way to
connect with your higher self and your intuition. When you do this, life becomes a little easier.

3) Life still goes on, hardships and all. We all know that life is full of death, destruction, pain and chaos, and yet when it happens to us we balk at the unfairness of it all. Being spiritual means taking a step back, trying to see how are hardships are in fact great educators. Think back to your last set of difficulties and consider how these have changed you as a person, for the better. Life is damned hard, but if we go with the flow of that hardship we stop fighting and we start learning. Try to remember that all things happen for reason, even the really awful things.

4) There are no mistakes. Stop beating yourself up about something you did, said or thought. Spiritual Living is not about being perfect. We are not here to float off into the divine ether quite yet. We are here to be human, we are here to mess up, and sometimes we mess up quite magnificently. We break hearts, we hurt people, we hurt ourselves. As long as we choose to learn from those mistakes and not to repeat them then we are living spiritually. Go easy on your self. You are a spiritual being in a human body for a reason. Allow yourself that human weakness, and choose to learn from it.

5) Don’t believe the hype. You are so much more than what you own, what you look like or what designer handbag you are carrying. We live in a very ‘dumb culture’ of products, labels and appearance. It’s not real. What is real is the very soul of you, the kindness you show and the love you offer. So what if you carry a Fendi bag or a plastic one with holes in it? As long as you get from A to B and scatter a little sunshine as you go then who really cares.

6) Love is not restricted to our personal partnerships. The Christ recommended that we treat all people as though they were our kind and loving self. Try it for a day. Even to those people you can’t stand. Offer out love and see how the world alters a little bit. Be patient, generous and thoughtful. Put others first. Spiritual Living is about getting back in contact with our souls and then the souls of others, to whom we are intimately connected. Offer out love and watch as the world becomes a little bit sweeter.

7) Take time out to explore the natural world. City dwellers visit the park or simply look up to the sky. Shamanistic people believe that all things, even the paper you are reading this on, have a spirit. In my life I have been granted signs and signals from nature, and I’ve enjoyed its restorative power. We are, after all, organic, living material, yet we close ourselves off with machines, bricks and walls. Get out into the open
and feel the natural peace of nature. Notice the clarity that nature can bring to your frazzled mind.

cool Take time out to connect to your Soul. Follow your intuition, wherever it may take you. If you aren’t sure what your intuition feels like, then pay attention to your gut instinct, that initial feeling or thought that comes over you when you meet a new person, or are offered something new. Try not to override that instinct. Think of all the times when you have said ‘I wish I’d listened to my self’. Trust that intuition and see where it takes you!

9) Take time out to release your worries and your problems. We all spend so much time over thinking our ‘issues’, when thinking about them really solves nothing. Choose to believe in a higher scheme of things, believe that you are guided and cared for, and release those problems. Allow them to fix themselves. Stand back and take notice how things are resolved without you having to think another thought about them. Surrender and release your life to your version of spirit and allow things to go with the flow.

10) Choose to have faith, ask for a sign and be prepared to believe that sign when it comes to you. This is a powerful exercise that can transform lives. Make a little pledge in your mind right now, and simply ask that your faith be proven. The sign that comes will be totally unique to you, but can kick start an inner journey that will take you inward, outward and to a happier place of being. Ask for a sign, trust it will come, and when it does do a little whoop and holler of joy. Baby you are spiritual, now it’s simply time to start believing it!

http://theconversation.tv/wellness/10-ways-to-live-a-more-spiritual-life/
Thanks op..
you really made my day with this...
More anointing..

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Agnesgrace(f): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
God bless you for your these words. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by bennymark(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
God bless the op. Most important point you mention was that spirituality isn't about perfection. The devil is quick to plant self condemnation thereby limiting you from God's grace that is there to forgive us all over again

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
Op nice article, well written

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Tobitrueman(m): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Went to my cousin's place last weekend and my aunt gave me #5,200, I prostrated flat thanking her & she said. "bami fun mummy e ni 5k, iwo mu 200" angry

Hajhahaha

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
4kings:

You still didn't bring up any personal experience you've had.
Anyways, how does one know what is rebellious against this God, when he doesn't reveal himself?, you wouldn't really expect anything from your kids or subordinates when you are not there to tell them what you want them to do.
Incase you want to bring up Yahweh and messengers story, remember there were different kinds of religions long before Moses.
Which are you? An atheists?satan worshipper? Do you wish for Christ to reveal himself to you? You will have to authorise me before I proceed.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
Snowangel4:
I love this.... can I copy it
Please go ahead.Give due credit as I did.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by petsey(m): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=Chubhie post=49087449]Here are my top ten tips to spiritualizing your life:

1) Spirituality is not religion. It’s not the same thing that your parents or the guy in the suit knocking on your front door is pedaling. Spirituality arises from somewhere deep inside you. It is a belief that you harbor for no apparent reason. You believe there is more to life, and whilst you can’t quantify or fully explain what that belief is, you have felt it affirmed a hundred times – perhaps through intuitions proven correct, amazing coincidences, a feeling of oneness, or a sign from a dearly departed one that you just couldn’t argue with. Tap into this inner belief and hold it close. It may not be visible, but I believe it is very real.

2) One of the greatest mountains any spiritually inclined person has to cross is their own wayward mind and their egos. Part of becoming spiritual is about taking control of your own inner chatter and making it healthier. Mediation can help, but also just recognizing your own negative patterns, your own ‘Bitching, Moaning and Whining (BMW’ing)’. Spirituality is about trusting in the path of your life, and whilst sometimes that path seems very hard, or people are put there to cross you, it’s your job to think positively, and when relevant to release any negativity or foul thoughts you may have. Cleansing your mind and really taking control of your thoughts is a sure fire way to
connect with your higher self and your intuition. When you do this, life becomes a little easier.

3) Life still goes on, hardships and all. We all know that life is full of death, destruction, pain and chaos, and yet when it happens to us we balk at the unfairness of it all. Being spiritual means taking a step back, trying to see how are hardships are in fact great educators. Think back to your last set of difficulties and consider how these have changed you as a person, for the better. Life is damned hard, but if we go with the flow of that hardship we stop fighting and we start learning. Try to remember that all things happen for reason, even the really awful things.

4) There are no mistakes. Stop beating yourself up about something you did, said or thought. Spiritual Living is not about being perfect. We are not here to float off into the divine ether quite yet. We are here to be human, we are here to mess up, and sometimes we mess up quite magnificently. We break hearts, we hurt people, we hurt ourselves. As long as we choose to learn from those mistakes and not to repeat them then we are living spiritually. Go easy on your self. You are a spiritual being in a human body for a reason. Allow yourself that human weakness, and choose to learn from it.

5) Don’t believe the hype. You are so much more than what you own, what you look like or what designer handbag you are carrying. We live in a very ‘dumb culture’ of products, labels and appearance. It’s not real. What is real is the very soul of you, the kindness you show and the love you offer. So what if you carry a Fendi bag or a plastic one with holes in it? As long as you get from A to B and scatter a little sunshine as you go then who really cares.

6) Love is not restricted to our personal partnerships. The Christ recommended that we treat all people as though they were our kind and loving self. Try it for a day. Even to those people you can’t stand. Offer out love and see how the world alters a little bit. Be patient, generous and thoughtful. Put others first. Spiritual Living is about getting back in contact with our souls and then the souls of others, to whom we are intimately connected. Offer out love and watch as the world becomes a little bit sweeter.

7) Take time out to explore the natural world. City dwellers visit the park or simply look up to the sky. Shamanistic people believe that all things, even the paper you are reading this on, have a spirit. In my life I have been granted signs and signals from nature, and I’ve enjoyed its restorative power. We are, after all, organic, living material, yet we close ourselves off with machines, bricks and walls. Get out into the open
and feel the natural peace of nature. Notice the clarity that nature can bring to your frazzled mind.

cool Take time out to connect to your Soul. Follow your intuition, wherever it may take you. If you aren’t sure what your intuition feels like, then pay attention to your gut instinct, that initial feeling or thought that comes over you when you meet a new person, or are offered something new. Try not to override that instinct. Think of all the times when you have said ‘I wish I’d listened to my self’. Trust that intuition and see where it takes you!

9) Take time out to release your worries and your problems. We all spend so much time over thinking our ‘issues’, when thinking about them really solves nothing. Choose to believe in a higher scheme of things, believe that you are guided and cared for, and release those problems. Allow them to fix themselves. Stand back and take notice how things are resolved without you having to think another thought about them. Surrender and release your life to your version of spirit and allow things to go with the flow.

10) Choose to have faith, ask for a sign and be prepared to believe that sign when it comes to you. This is a powerful exercise that can transform lives. Make a little pledge in your mind right now, and simply ask that your faith be proven. The sign that comes will be totally unique to you, but can kick start an inner journey that will take you inward, outward and to a happier place of being. Ask for a sign, trust it will come, and when it does do a little whoop and holler of joy. Baby you are spiritual, now it’s simply time to start believing it!

http://theconversation.tv/wellness/10-ways-to-live-a-more-spiritual-life/
No any biblical reference.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chubhie:

Which are you? An atheists?satan worshipper? Do you wish for Christ to reveal himself to you? You will have to authorise me before I proceed.
I'm a freethinker, and i quite accept the Gnostic view of Christ, i'm just trying to get your view since i sense you are coming from a different angle from mainstream christainity (i guess).
And how would Christ reveal himself to me?
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by SHOPPERS(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
This discussion may be too deep for weak and immature Christians. Only very few Christians understand truly when we say that "there are Spirits other than the Holy Spirit which are not necessarily bad". There is even a spirit which is personal to every human being>> One verse says "There is a Spirit in man".

Just like you can call any phone with a functional sim card in it as long as you have the phone number and have credit on your own line; so also can you call out to other people's spirits. It works, I've tried it. You can invite a friend over to your place simply because you have an important info to pass across to them. You can also influence what people do by working with their spirits. That is what favouritism works on.

There are just various ways to use the spirit in you and other spirits around, you only get mature by exercising> Heb 5:14.

The Holy Spirit is the ultimate Spirit of all. Jesus Christ enumerated various functions and duties of the Holy Spirit for us, read the book of John starting from chapter 9 or so. You will then need to ask for the Holy Spirit and then submit yourself to Him.

God Bless us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
4kings:

I'm a freethinker, and i quite accept the Gnostic view of Christ, i'm just trying to get your view since i sense you are coming from a different angle from mainstream christainity (i guess).
And how would Christ reveal himself to me?
It is very simple.Just a declaration of faith like is obtainable in the Islamic section after which I give you guidelines on the next steps to take.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chubhie:

It is very simple.Just a declaration of faith like is obtainable in the Islamic section after which I give you guidelines on the next steps to take.
I've done that already in times past and i didn't get out because i was angry(like most christian on NL assume) but because i was getting alternative explanations/understanding of things i thought were spiritual/happened.
That's why i asked before that how can u be sure u are not deluded, so i need a reasonable explanation before i accept any thing.
From your OP i thought you were coming from the angle of quantum physics and consciousness or Gnosticism since you didn't explicitly declare Christ or Muhammad as the "only way".
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
Yannny:
NIGERIANS ARE MORE RELIGIOUS THAN SPIRITUAL & THIS WILL NOT TAKE THEM TO HEAVEN ...

The sole, one, and only cheesy reason for this fact that you just gave is simple IMO
We were stripped of our true and right connection with the Creator when we were saved with, sold, forced to accept, cajoled to see the light of, brainwashed into accepting the religions of the foreigners.....two religions come to mind for Nigeria

So we practice religions alien to our souls, we cannot connect with their tenets, we tend to see people who practice the olden (natural) worship as sinners/heathens, so what do we expect?
We will always as a result be at different tangents from the God experience
We practice those foreign religions badly, poorly, insincerely., partially..and always will, this is the sad truth. The fact is that we have taken syncretism to dizzying heights, but we think we practice Christianity and the other well cheesy,

Then soon, we will lose all traces of the old ways of worship, and lose our spirituality for ever. I am grateful that the Yoruba still have a grip of Ifa, and their spirituality.
The other more important thing arguably is how no nation or people would ever respect a continent not original enough to have and retain its own spirituality and philosophies lipsrsealed embarassed. Forever. Who would take the African seriously when he goes off saying stuff like"those shrines must be destroyed or else the Lord will smite us/them, etc"? Very very embarrassing. A continental tragedy.
Asians have retained their philosophies, and these are widely recognised and respected, even accepted....eg yoga, yin-yang, and other principles.
For Africans, we have been saved lipsrsealed. To the point of total ridiculousness. And thus will remain where we are- rudderless, floating, without norms, etc. Actually our monies fund Mecca and Rome and Israel to a large extent...monies that would be helpful in building our cultures and making the world fall in love with them- Igbo- Ukwu Arts, atilogwu dance, marriage and masquerade practices are examples? The only African concept recognised to an extent by the globalworld is Southern African, Ubuntu(spiritual)....and lobola (bride price practice). Well, recognised with the same wondering retained for imagining life on trees, someone asked me once in the US what my marriageable head is worth in number of cows!? I went on a teaching rant/spree....mostly futile..cos I am impulse driven and cannot convince as rationally as I would love to, and secondly cos they lost interest..I mean, why learn that Africa can be differnt, I guess, but I digress. Back to the concepts...None is West African, or Nigerian, and we have a population of what again? Chasing 200 million!? What we have in abundance are Imams and pastors and priests, and pilgrimages. When I saw/see that Buhari -at -the -Hajj picture? Where he was half naked and smiling? I wanted/want to deck him! cheesy. Then when people rejoice and argue that the next and nexter Popes would/should be black, or when a pastor slaps people and we marvel and bask in rapturous delight? Or how we are truly now the custodians of religion seeing as the world has gone haywire? I want to slap like crazzy cheesy....no recognised and funded and revered herbalists and schools for herbs! Chai!!!

Total not getting it I say. How else do you explain an African asking people on NLand to help him decide if he should pay his tithe in church OR face God's wrath and give money to an extended family member that needed dialysis!? shocked Crazy right? The even crazier thing is that a whole loooot of people felt he should pay his tithe cos you know, you dont wanna mess with God, you dont know what relative did to be punished with kidney disease, you pay tithe to God and then He will heal the sick, and more twisted, warped viewpoints lipsrsealed cry lipsrsealed
I gave up then

The Igbo moral code and spirituality norms are beautiful...and the idioms which reflect them are soo apt, sadly this have become unpopular, sinful and not things to pass on. Masquerades are evil and schools these days celebrate Halloween! In Nigeria!! Oh, the hopelessness!!!

Next I will hear about how twins were being killed until Mary Slessor came to save us from our evil, heathen minds, and I will just cry themore...and despair more, while we remain mostly without spirituality.
Tragic

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by menxer: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
How come no Jew from Israel is among the top Christian pastors in the world, I only hear of Benny Hinns, Creflo Dollar, T.D. Jakes, Reinhardt Bonnke, Chris Oyakhilome, David Oyedepo, Adeboye, T.B. Joshua, T.L Osborne, etc.

Are there no christian Pastors in/from Israel?

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by hollamanng(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chubhie:

Going beyond logic means taking a leap of faith. You asked a personal question which I shall indulge you while hoping you are with good intentions.

In my quest for hidden things of existence,have met with renowned ifa practitioner,asked philosophical questions and got accurate answers with evidences.

At that period,I had no need to venture through the processes of personal activation of my sixth sense cos I was always a phone call away from knowing things beyond the ordinary eyes. I had like three different ones which I pay such services for and they were always glad to reciprocate.

There's a ritual process whereby alcohol are used to wash your face and you start seeing things. Most of today's pastors are using these.

There were some periods I traveled to see Baba who also doubles as the chairman of all ifa practitioners in that town to ask some philosophical questions and satisfy my curiosity,I saw pastors and young ladies waiting to see Baba and he always indulges me on stuffs he does for them.

The point I'm trying to point out is that there are various ways through which the sixth senses are activated. I can give you all the gist of my adventures as a seeker with the ifa priests,top psychics,renowned prophets and prophtess and the spiritual side of Islam. I've tasted powers and can confidently tell you there's a far greater power a REAL Christian can access through Jesus Christ if the person is willing and ready to put in the required processes.

I'm currently on this final journey in humility and been taught by the holy spirit of the most high God resident in my body.

# I don't know why I'm been led to share this# GOD IS GOD.
chubhie you are a brother in spirit 09055928760 Pls contact me let's go deep
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by biuti(f): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
merahki:

Total not getting it I say. How else do you explain an African asking people on NLand to help him decide if he should pay his tithe in church OR face God's wrath and give money to an extended family member that needed dialysis!? shocked Crazy right? The even crazier thing is that a whole loooot of people felt he should pay his tithe cos you know, you dont wanna mess with God, you dont know what relative did to be punished with kidney disease, you pay tithe to God and then He will heal the sick, and more twisted, warped viewpoints lipsrsealed cry lipsrsealed
I gave up then

Tragic

Above is the only part that made sense to me in your post.

Now, how easy do you think many people can be brainwashed at the same time?
When this foreign religions were brought into Nigeria, do you think they were accepted unquestioned? The answer is No!
Some of this foreigners were even killed.
They discovered they're better and so they accepted them.
How do you explain the miracles these foreigners were performing; raising dead, healing the blind, dumb, cripple, paralysed etc. something these indigenes can't do, or even when these people were attacked spiritually but not affected.

If for example, you possess a power you believe is great in a way that no one can maltreat you or that you can punish anyone at anytime but meet someone that was able to maltreat you while you feel helpless despite your power, if such person offers to show you power, won't you agree?

So many things that are not right are happening in Christianity and Islam now that shouldn't be used to judge the real religions that were accepted then.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Nkysuccess(f): 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
Powerful words

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 3:07am On Oct 10, 2016
4kings:

I've done that already in times past and i didn't get out because i was angry(like most christian on NL assume) but because i was getting alternative explanations/understanding of things i thought were spiritual/happened.
That's why i asked before that how can u be sure u are not deluded, so i need a reasonable explanation before i accept any thing.
From your OP i thought you were coming from the angle of quantum physics and consciousness or Gnosticism since you didn't explicitly declare Christ or Muhammad as the "only way".
I've through my experiences explained to you that Christ or mohammed is not the only way to access spiritual powers.

Anyone telling you otherwise is myopic.

How do you know you ain't deluded? Personally, when I get drunken in the holy ghost it is beyond madness,being possessed with a spirit other than your normal self.

You practically elevates beyond the material and enter realms! This is not peculiar to conscious Christians alone. your local babalawo,witch,wizard,warlock,psychic,creative people,business people etc enter these realms to access inspired ideas,messages and then translate them into physical manifestations. Plato's world of forms captures this angle well.

Most times, I amuse myself when the dust of my madness settles. You have every right to call me deluded.cool.

How do know what I'm saying is a real deal? Thomas negal explains this in What It Feels like To Be A Bat. You MUST become this bat to experience it. You MUST declare for Jesus Christ before I give you next directions or you knock yourself out through other means.

This choice is exclusively yours alone.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 3:19am On Oct 10, 2016
menxer:
How come no Jew from Israel is among the top Christian pastors in the world, I only hear of Benny Hinns, Creflo Dollar, T.D. Jakes, Reinhardt Bonnke, Chris Oyakhilome, David Oyedepo, Adeboye, T.B. Joshua, T.L Osborne, etc.

Are there no christian Pastors in/from Israel?

Perhaps, you are confusing Judaism with Christianity?
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 3:32am On Oct 10, 2016
hollamanng:
chubhie you are a brother in spirit 09055928760 Pls contact me let's go deep
Send me a mail.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by menxer: 6:53am On Oct 10, 2016
Chubhie:

Perhaps, you are confusing Judaism with Christianity?

Meaning?
Judaism for the Jews, Christianity for us?

So we have supplanted the Jews before their God, Jehovah/Yaweh?
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Went to my cousin's place last weekend and my aunt gave me #5,200, I prostrated flat thanking her & she said. "bami fun mummy e ni 5k, iwo mu 200" angry

Hahaha
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2016
After reading this, I am in awe. Chubhie, who on earth are you?

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
After reading this, I am in awe. Chubhie, who on earth are you?
All glory to The Most High.I'm just a normal human being.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
Chubhie:

I've through my experiences explained to you that Christ or mohammed is not the only way to access spiritual powers.

Anyone telling you otherwise is myopic.

How do you know you ain't deluded? Personally, when I get drunken in the holy ghost it is beyond madness,being possessed with a spirit other than your normal self.

You practically elevates beyond the material and enter realms! This is not peculiar to conscious Christians alone. your local babalawo,witch,wizard,warlock,psychic,creative people,business people etc enter these realms to access inspired ideas,messages and then translate them into physical manifestations. Plato's world of forms captures this angle well.

Most times, I amuse myself when the dust of my madness settles. You have every right to call me deluded.cool.

How do know what I'm saying is a real deal? Thomas negal explains this in What It Feels like To Be A Bat. You MUST become this bat to experience it. You MUST declare for Jesus Christ before I give you next directions or you knock yourself out through other means.

This choice is exclusively yours alone.
Hmmm, let me break it down
>>>Access to spiritual realm: I understand that you think Jesus is not the only way. But please make yourself clear; are you part of those guys that think Jesus is the "Good path" and others are "Wrong or inspired of the devil" OR you just believe Jesus is one of the effective means like the Gnostics.

>>> Delusion: What i'm trying to say is that I've you ever considered alternate explanations and thought of them critically(that is if you know of them). I once was born-again in a christian university, i sincerely took the Bible and the "seemingly spiritual stuff" seriously, i had many wonderful personal and external experiences, but like i said before, somethings didn't add up and i started looking for explanations from mentors and different mediums until i found different reasonable explanations for some of the most convincing events i held strongly.
So on this note i repeat, "I've you ever considered alternate explanations and thought of them critically", if yes and you are not a Gnostic or something similar, then atleast share why.
NB I'm not an atheist, i'm more of an "Agnostic Deist", so i am open to any explanation as long as it allows scrutiny.

Your answer to the "Why" question will determine whether i accept Christ or not.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:

Hmmm, let me break it down
>>>Access to spiritual realm: I understand that you think Jesus is not the only way. But please make yourself clear; are you part of those guys that think Jesus is the "Good path" and others are "Wrong or inspired of the devil" OR you just believe Jesus is one of the effective means like the Gnostics.

>>> Delusion: What i'm trying to say is that I've you ever considered alternate explanations and thought of them critically(that is if you know of them). I once was born-again in a christian university, i sincerely took the Bible and the "seemingly spiritual stuff" seriously, i had many wonderful personal and external experiences, but like i said before, somethings didn't add up and i started looking for explanations from mentors and different mediums until i found different reasonable explanations for some of the most convincing events i held strongly.
So on this note i repeat, "I've you ever considered alternate explanations and thought of them critically", if yes and you are not a Gnostic or something similar, then atleast share why.
NB I'm not an atheist, i'm more of an "Agnostic Deist", so i am open to any explanation as long as it allows scrutiny.

Your answer to the "Why" question will determine whether i accept Christ or not.
What were your wonderful personal external experiences?What were the things that didn't add up?

I'm hardly one that argues spiritual things with the uninitiated but very open to lead one to first experience same then the discussion can have meaning.

Have you tried Islam?
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Chubhie:

What were your wonderful personal external experiences?What were the things that didn't add up?
Let me not type too much stories. Have u ever researched on Placebo healing, Chi energy, Beijing Medicineless Hospital,..., what do you think?, because this 'basically' covers most of what i'm going to say anyway.

I'm hardly one that argues spiritual things with the uninitiated but very open to lead one to first experience same then the discussion can have meaning.
Ya sure, but the experiences you derive from your initiation, could be complicated natural phenomenon.

Have you tried Islam?
Nope.
Does this answer my question of Jesus being one of many paths and not "the right path"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by Chubhie: 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:

Let me not type too much stories. Have u ever researched on Placebo healing, Chi energy, Beijing Medicineless Hospital,..., what do you think?, because this 'basically' covers most of what i'm going to say anyway.

Ya sure, but the experiences you derive from your initiation, could be complicated natural phenomenon.

Nope.
Does this answer my question of Jesus being one of many paths and not "the right path"?
You already have your own path. I wish you well with that.
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by 4kings: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
Chubhie:

You already have your own path. I wish you well with that.
"My own path", what do you mean?
Re: 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life by TRADELYN: 3:39am On Oct 12, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With Prophecy / 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following / Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.