Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

#edodecide: Channels TV Governorship Debate 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #edodecide: Channels TV Governorship Debate 2016 (742 Views)

Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? / Ondo Decides: Why I Missed Channels TV Governorship Debate - Rotimi Akeredolu / #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#edodecide: Channels TV Governorship Debate 2016 by Felosa(m): 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
#EDO2016: My Take On The Governorship debate.

In fairness, I will want to give my personal assessment of the performance of all the candidates from a very objective point of view.

GODWIN OBASEKI

He displayed high leveled intelligence and someone with good academic and global exposure, he has good command of English and ascent but his weak point was the fact he was not confident of himself and he has stage fright,however I will not blame him much because he is an introvert, a shy personality and someone who is not really exposed to public speaking and I believe haven done this for the first time he will do better in the other debates.

OSAGIE-IZE-IYAMU

He also displayed intelligence and someone who has great debt on issues, his selling point was his self confidence and boldness and I believe this is attributed to the fact that as a pastor he talks in the pulpit everyday, as a core politician he is always addressing people and as a lawyer he always know how to have his way out of every argument, but the only problem I have with him is that he was too serious and unfriendly to other contenders and next time he should work on this area.

OTHERS

The labour and APGA candidates are jokers and pretenders and people who I should not waste my time talking about , but my advise for Onaiwu is that he should go to Anambra State and contest for the next Governorship election since the purported APGA model is working there and for the Labour party candidate I will advise him to go and read more accounting books because he could not even articulate basic financial and economic issues which ought to be his shining points.....

THE ORGANISERS

channels TV also did their best but they lack good audience control, poor composition of the panellist as it regards gender sensitivity and questioneering ,and there was inequitable distribution of questions which almost arose suspicion a the beginning.

In conclusion, though election are not won by debates neither does it guarantee performance when elected, but it is a fulcrum aspect of winning votes and all the debaters did their best and I wish them best of Luck.

Felix Osemwengie Isere

Truth and Justice Vanguard

Re: #edodecide: Channels TV Governorship Debate 2016 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
ok
Re: #edodecide: Channels TV Governorship Debate 2016 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2016

Obaseki ‘best at Edo poll debate’

All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate Godwin Obaseki came tops after last night’s debate by candidates in Saturday’s governorship election in Edo State.

Three other candidates —Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Osaro Onaiwu (APGA) and Amos Areleogbe (LP)— fielded questions from a team of Channels Television interviewers.

Some of those who watched the 90-minute debate rated Obaseki ahead in the way he spoke on the economy; how he would tackle the problem of insecurity in the state; plans to diversify and significantly boost the economy; and steps to tackle unemployment and create 200,000 jobs in four years.

Twenty-one old Joy Iredia, a student of the University of Benin, said: “Until now, I did not take much interest in politics. But listening to all the candidates speak, I was drawn in by the candidate of the APC, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, and how kept his focus on the issues and articulated his plans to take Edo State forward, particularly the use of technology as a tool for effective governance and job creation.”

A civil servant Mr. Osahon Bello, said, “The civil service forms the major workforce in Edo State. I align with Obaseki’s plan to restructure the civil service for efficiency and productive through robust training strategies to meet the challenges of fostering strong, sustainable and balanced economic growth.”

Obaseki, a renowned investment banker and wealth management expert of over 30 years, said the economic challenges confronting the nation today are so complex that it takes someone with a full grasp of all the issues, and practical experience in solving complex economic problems to lead the state on the path to prosperity.

Referring to the ‘simple agenda’ of PDP’s Ize-Iyamu, Obaseki said: “Simple solutions cannot solve our complex political problems; they cannot solve our complex economic problems; and can definitely not solve our complex security problems. It is mental indolence to think there are simple solutions to our problems.”

He assured of better days ahead for Edo people, promising that his will be a people-oriented and inclusive government.

http://thenationonlineng.net/obaseki-best-edo-poll-debate/

(1) (Reply)

Mrs. Jonathan Vs EFCC: Buhari, Ex-presidents, First Ladies Need To Declare Asset / The Awfully Unlawful Outbursts Of Yemi Oke: A Charge & Bail Lawyer / EFCC Staff Who Collected Multimillionaire Bribe From Law Maker Nabbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.