Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki (28923 Views)

Just Wait Let's Think About Lekki Rose Garden A Bit / What You Need To Know About Lekki Free Trade Zone / 7 Economic Indicators About Lekki Free Trade Zone Axis Ibeju Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Emeka71(m): 7:22am On Sep 06, 2016
So this is the overated and over-hyped Lekki.

1 Like

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by josephmbonu: 7:22am On Sep 06, 2016
Its everywhere
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 06, 2016
Wow this one na another business idea ooo...I think I need to get a canoe... I must make my money from the rainfall ooo... Per trip to their front gate na 3k. Serve them guguru n epa come put cway on top for them... Cool money

1 Like

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2016
rozayx5:
lekki is hype

spent so much buying water when i lived there. even when the rent was clse to a million . the underground water is useless. thank God for online biz i just relocated to my home state instead of patronizing lazyland lords and living in traffic

so many parts of Lekki are not for low cars . without an SUV i dont advise living in some areas

Rozays, if e no be yahoo +, abeg introduce me to that online business abeg. I'm interested... Adenrele.azeez@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by tripoli007(m): 7:24am On Sep 06, 2016
john4reala:
How much Asewo dey collect for there par-night

U be mad man ohhh .
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by yeyeboi(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2016
badaoyeyemi:

Some fine girlz will just be on Nairaland and u will not have way to contact them cry lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by OFFICIAL336: 7:35am On Sep 06, 2016
Though I still prefer my Enugu. Lekki na still senior. The Pride of the entire West Africa and sweat of the Oodua Nation.

1 Like

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by rozayx5(m): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2016
Zizaboni:

Rozays, if e no be yahoo +, abeg introduce me to that online business abeg. I'm interested... Adenrele.azeez@gmail.com

forex and binary options
both can be learnt on youtube

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by matrixme(m): 7:39am On Sep 06, 2016
Be deceiving yourself. Flooding is only peculiar during the rainy season. Do you know how safe all these neighborhoods are around the Lekki/Ajah Axis?
I hope the forth mainland bridge linking Epe to Ikorodu won't take off on time as it would open these parts of the island to increasing crime.
All the nasty things going on in Lagos takes place unarguably on the mainland with its overstretched population and we would rather swim to our houses than expose ourselves to such.

4 Likes

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2016
Funny u grin
yeyeboi:

Some fine girlz will just be on Nairaland and u will not have way to contact them cry lipsrsealed.
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by mamateniola1: 7:47am On Sep 06, 2016
Poor drainage system!

2 Likes

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Izonpikin: 7:49am On Sep 06, 2016
the over hyped lekki and the island.....shame!!!... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by mrofficial(m): 7:54am On Sep 06, 2016
matrixme:
Be deceiving yourself. Flooding is only peculiar during the rainy season. Do you know how safe all these neighborhoods are around the Lekki/Ajah Axis?
I hope the forth mainland bridge linking Epe to Ikorodu won't take off on time as it would open these parts of the island to increasing crime.
All the nasty things going on in Lagos takes place unarguably on the mainland with its overstretched population and we would rather swim to our houses than expose ourselves to such.

Don't generalise. There are many safe places on the mainland with clean water. Mainland is too broad to be put as one. You need to be spefic. I'm sure, Epe, Ajah, Ilaje and Jakande are also on the island and can't be completely seen as safe.

The other day, we read about a lady that her house was burgled and her 2013 Mercedes Benz was stolen in Lekki.

What about the crazy daylight robbery on Admiralty way?

Lekki is just over hyped. I can live anywhere in Lagos with serenity and security.

7 Likes

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 06, 2016
john4reala:
How much Asewo dey collect for there par-night

Depends on negotiation. If dem catch u mugu,50k. But give them 30 or 25, dem go collect.

2 Likes

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Afritop(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2016
ariesbull:
Lekki, rich men
Lekki, was an eyesore today! environmentally speaking they are suffering. Is it a question of poor drainage system? Is it a question of poor urban planing ? Is it a question of lack of environmental impact assessment test? Is it because of topography and swampy nature of the area?
Op! Why are you asking questions. It is because of all of them na.

The rich men are not complaining but you are complaining. And did you thinks estate agents are Mumu to be saying all those rubbish when government did not mention any of your complains about Lekki
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Aiholi(m): 8:45am On Sep 06, 2016
ariesbull:
Lekki, rich men playground and the envy of the middle class . Have you seen that drama called “Lekki housewives”. When you see these things or do we say façade,next point is cal your estate agent ! But they won’t tell you about this other side of Lekki. The realtors won’t tell you that your greatest phobia is the rainy seasons.

They won’t tell you to buy a hovercraft or a kayak once it rains. They won’t tell you that you will need a pontoon to navigate lekki phase 1. These are the few nitty gritty that the rich enjoy. The exclusivity of converting their plots to seasonal river.
The rich also cry, I used t watch that soap and I never imagined that I will experience this,until I went to Admiralty for a meeting. Never knew that for you to get pass this street ,you must modify your car so that James Bond will grow of envy . Your car must either be Jeep or any SUV that must have high clearance. Poor me! I went there with this small nasty Japanese and got stuck. The flood was so much that I realise that I must appreciate my God for making me stay in Mainland for now.
Lekki, was an eyesore today! environmentally speaking they are suffering. Is it a question of poor drainage system? Is it a question of poor urban planing ? Is it a question of lack of environmental impact assessment test? Is it because of topography and swampy nature of the area?
https://etimesafrica./2016/09/05/lekkiwhat-the-realtors-will-not-tell-you-about-the-rain/

Is this what u call an eyesore
I rather stay in Lekki dan in d mainland..
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by laytoshtwo: 8:45am On Sep 06, 2016
[quote author=magabounce post=49111580]Better to have flooding in Lekki than Ajegunle!!!
Even d water sef clean grin grin grin
Lekki and swag!!!
U know d rest[/quite]

I prefer this flooding to bariga own the gutters are already thick with nonsense waiting for rain.
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by laytoshtwo: 8:48am On Sep 06, 2016
IBBG:
i no fit waste millions buy property for lekki. the kind black mud wey dey place no be here. the first time i passed thru there i was like whats so special about the lekki that i have been hearing. the drainage are small, most of the area is covered in mud due to flooding. i no trip for lekki at all.

You can consider banana island water is not disturbing grin
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:49am On Sep 06, 2016
magabounce:
Better to have flooding in Lekki than Ajegunle!!!
Even d water sef clean grin grin grin
Lekki and swag!!!
U know d rest

ikoyi is better
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Rajosh(m): 8:50am On Sep 06, 2016
anyhow it is, I wanna live there
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:56am On Sep 06, 2016
matrixme:

Don't speak out of ignorance.... There are many places on the mainland safer than the island.

1 Like

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 06, 2016
KINGwax007:
All na beef...
Hear dem flastheads already talking abt how overrated lekki is...

Lekki is on an island and water level is already closer to the surface...

New work wey no be island sef dey get flooded after rainfall...(first two pics)

Dubai sef dey get flooded (last two pics)

Don't mind them, they think its only Lekki that has floods. Suburbs have their disadvantages (if it not floods it surely will be something else) too but I'm sure everyone want to own a house there (in those suburbs)

When people wake up with bad belle they start vomiting such.
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by bigtt76(f): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2016
tongue

yeyeboi:

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by lekkipropertyy: 11:17am On Sep 06, 2016
@Op
The problem is a poor drainage system. .. there are so many area in lekki that doesn't experience flood simply because the drainage system is wide and well channelled. Pls visit friends colony, carlton gate, Northern foreshore, Bourdilon court etc .. you will understand
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by daamazing(m): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2016
KINGwax007:
All na beef...
Hear dem flastheads already talking abt how overrated lekki is...

Lekki is on an island and water level is already closer to the surface...

New work wey no be island sef dey get flooded after rainfall...(first two pics)

Dubai sef dey get flooded (last two pics)
:odubai kwa, a desert city flodded?that's Los Angeles
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by GoodSide: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2016
KAi.
Lekki is over hyped,living in traffic n ish.
Lekki can neva be like L.A any day,anytime.
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by callmelanner(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
daamazing:
:odubai kwa, a desert city flodded?that's Los Angeles
So you mean rain does not fall in dubai?
Bros take am easy na afterall Google is ur friend, meanwhile that pics is dubai not Los Angeles
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
Why the hate? The bank ceos, politicians, oil n gas tycoons are not complaining. You stay in iyana-ipaja, Alapere, u r vexing for lekki toll gate. Do you think everybody likes the crowd and thuggery of mainland peeps? Besides there r many flooded places in the mainland.
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
although Lagos state is on a low land, if there is any place that will first be badly hit by ocean rising from climate change, it is lekki........
most of y'all haven't heard about the Lagos wall that's to be built to protect the Atlantic city from future ocean surges, as scientist has pointed out, lekki is a danger zone for the future.
as for me, give me Ikeja gra or festac town, I go collect am over lekki phase 1anyday anytime.

3 Likes

Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by mencer(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
Those people should have Boats for the wet season.
Re: Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki by kbbanj10(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Lekki/VGC overhyped. visited d area one friday evenin after just a littlte downpour the situation is better imagined Flood everywhere. now imagine a heavy downpour then it will be suicidal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost To Build Your Own House / Floor/wall Tiling / Lady Poses In Front Of Her Flooded House In Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.